• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Always I personally believed that if we didn't get Knuckles as a second Sonic character, it'd be Tails.
Don’t see why Tails wouldn’t take priority considering how much more prominent he is in the series. He’s also easier to make a clone/semi-clone moveset for considering how similar he is to Sonic in Fighters.
Or there is a possibility we could just get Metal Sonic if there needs to be a 1:1 echo fighter for Sonic.
1:1 like Richter? Metal Sonic would need a different Up-throw.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Nothing is confirmed until stated.

Poision wasn't even supposed to be a trans character and got lost in translation, if I recall. Vivian is kinda in a similar boat?
Poison became retroactively trans basically. Like it wasn't a canonical thing originally just a bit of manipulation when it was brought to the states, but at some point Capcom did make it cannon? Something like that, I'm not sure where her status as a trans character ended up.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I'd rather have Dark Matter. Having Marx to me is like having Skull Kid before Ganondorf.
He would be a hype addition to Smash, yeah i'd be aight with him
minion with a headband
Nah, it's just that i don't like characters that use weapons to fight, i like them better when they have magic powers or toon force (like Game & Watch)

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No character is gay unless the creator says so. End of story. Bye bye. See you later.
No character is straight unless the creator says so either.
You can swap out so many things for gay and it'd still be completely true. This post is a bit silly to make imo.
Not sure why this is even coming up. We got a Direct tomorrow, and we're NOT talking about it?

He would be a hype addition to Smash, yeah i'd be aight with him

Nah, it's just that i don't like characters that use weapons to fight, i like them better when they have magic powers or toon force (like Game & Watch)
I'm guessing you hate Batman in Injustice then

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't think there's too many characters I'd call likely, except maybe Dixie? And she's not a lock. Icineroar would be cool, but there's a chance another Pokemon gets chosen or we get none at all.

Isaac would be the last major Nintendo character I really, REALLY would want. He's been in my top 5 since before Smash 4 was announced. There's other cool choices to be sure, but the rest I'm okay with not having since everyone else I like is back anyway. King Hippo/Bald Bull/Doc Louis? All cool, but I could live without them. Black Knight? He's cool but I could live without him. Captain Syrup? Same deal.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
E3 Direct was all leaked previously but no one believed him.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/426801059/#426801059

This is the dude that leaked Simon on the site. Notice the date and the fact that once again, no one believed him.

Wouldn't be surprised if something DID leak, but once again we won't know until after,
Sure, and I'm not saying it never happened. Just rarely. I don't really remember any times before the last 3 months where specific Smash Bros news was leaked in a direct. (Could've happened, I just don't remember)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
No character is gay unless the creator says so. End of story. Bye bye. See you later.
By the same token, no character is definitely straight unless the creator says so, either.

I prefer if writers simply don't specify either way and leave it to the reader/viewer/player's interpretation, really. It's more fun and interesting that way.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I'm guessing you hate Batman in Injustice then
Except that one.
Besides, Injustice is a 1 on 1 2d fighter, and Smash is more of a party game.
When i play Smash, i want to play as a whacky character that can do a lot of stuff, but in Injustice i want a more realistic feel to it.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No character is straight unless the creator says so either.
You can swap out so many things for gay and it'd still be completely true. This post is a bit silly to make imo.
Not sure why this is even coming up. We got a Direct tomorrow, and we're NOT talking about it?
Right. In much the same way as you can't just straight up say "that guy is definitely straight" without the author making apparent through implication or explicitly, you can't just say they're definitely gay either.

People will interpret ambiguous characters how they like and shouldn't force it on other people as if it's the end-all-be-all canon :4pacman:

And that is what we will learn in the direct tomorrow.

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Miis are the real gay representation in smash, you can make any gay person in the world ;)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
By the same token, no character is definitely straight unless the creator says so, either.

I prefer if writers simply don't specify either way and leave it to the reader/viewer/player's interpretation, really. It's more fun and interesting that way.
I enjoy this route but also enjoy when they explicitly include LGBT+ characters. It's nice for this group to be represented in positive ways, not sure why so many people seem against it. However it's very fun when it's also just open-ended.

Except that one.
Besides, Injustice is a 1 on 1 2d fighter, and Smash is more of a party game.
Truth, just had to get that joke in
Understandable POV. I usually don't play many weapons characters either.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Well I guess I should rephrase that: no character is gay/bi unless they bang someone of the same sex. End of story. Bye Bye. See you later.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
No one's forcing anything. People are just joking and having fun while others imposed a question or uncertainty with their statements revolving around the topic.

Don't make accusations you can't back up.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Every character is straight until proven gay/bi/trans/whatever. The end.

Okay so uh changing the subject, what's your favorite ice cream flavour and Smash character?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Don’t see why Tails wouldn’t take priority considering how much more prominent he is in the series. He’s also easier to make a clone/semi-clone moveset for considering how similar he is to Sonic in Fighters.

1:1 like Richter? Metal Sonic would need a different Up-throw.
People always use the "he's a fighter" justification for Knuckles, but that didn't stop characters like Wii Fit or Villager from translating well to a fighting games.

Not to mention most Sonic characters have been in a fighting game at this point (well there's only been two so far but still.)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah yes, discussion of sexuality and gender, my favorite recurring Smash topic.
Boy, do I have a treat for you. Spirits mode is gonna be interesting.
No one's forcing anything. People are just joking and having fun while others imposed a question or uncertainty with their statements revolving around the topic.

Don't make accusations you can't back up.
Don't force your stance on me.

D

Deleted member

This is one of my favorite maps in FE:

It's unique, looks amazing, has an entirely different tone from the rest of the game, and plays nothing like the previous stages.
I want to see something like this in Smash, rather then "generic castle" or "generic arena"

(Now, as for the actual ingame end-game, they could've stood to use less goddamn dragons)
You're literally the first person I see to call this map good. It could work as a boss rush but:
-unnecessarily long and tiny corridors connecting rooms
-no enemy variety, all are Manaketes
-only effective weapons will really hurt them
-the ****ing reinforcements coming from behind
-the boss whi's not even stronger than the rest of his mooks lol

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion

Okay so, what's your favorite ice cream flavour and Smash character.
I can easily say every character is bi until proven otherwise and you'd have no basis to disagree unless SPECIFICS were made on the character's sexuality.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Alright, time for another game. What video game characters do you love that are popular/well known but know will never be in Super Smash Bros. at all?
For me, it's two of my all time favorites. I will never get Morrigan with Lilith as an Echo in Super Smash Bros. They are too sexual in design for an E10..

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Okay so, what's your favorite ice cream flavour and Smash character.
This REALLY AIN'T IT CHIEF and I thought you knew better my boy. Come on. You're hurting my heart.

People always use the "he's a fighter" justification for Knuckles, but that didn't stop characters like Wii Fit or Villager from translating well to a fighting games.

Not to mention most Sonic characters have been in a fighting game at this point (well there's only been two so far but still.)
Honestly?
I just think Knuckles would be more fun.
Sue me...I just love that guy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Alright, time for another game. What video game characters do you love that are popular/well known but know will never be in Super Smash Bros. at all?
For me, it's two of my all time favorites. I will never get Morrigan with Lilith as an Echo in Super Smash Bros. They are too sexual in design for an E10..
Why that’s an easy answer to give ya
75C79C44-8473-46E6-A3C3-9E65A04AC662.png

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
This REALLY AIN'T IT CHIEF and I thought you knew better my boy. Come on. You're hurting my heart.
It was a prank bro, i honestly don't care if someone is straight or gay or bi or whatever TBH, if he/she is a cool person, then i'm also cool with them.
I can easily say every character is bi until proven otherwise and you'd have no basis to disagree unless SPECIFICS were made on the character's sexuality.
I can already tell this isn't going to go over well
ANSWER THE QUESTION

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Every time something like this comes up it devolves into nonsense and sometimes borderline hate speech and then we drop it then some smart guy comes in and drops a comment about it it flares up again and then hopefully it actually dies.

So how about.

We just discuss this.

Is he going to make the cut in this Smash?
8e6.png

Last edited:

Sleeps with Butterflies

Smash Apprentice

Preach.

Also, if Skull Kid or Dixie get revealed, I'll change my avatar for them to show much much I loves mah babies.

The one I have now is an oc of mine named Seluna. She likes adventures.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Looks like Paper Mario at this point
Also Bayo is in! Don't give up hope :)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Every time something like this comes up it devolves into nonsense and sometimes borderline hate speech and then we drop it then some smart guy comes in and drops a comment about it it flares up again and then hopefully it actually dies.

So how about.

We just discuss this.

Is he going to make the cut in this Smash?
View attachment 163607
boi you ain't innocent

But also yes, Fat Yoshi is a lock. He's a Bowser echo.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Okay so uh changing the subject, what's your favorite ice cream flavour and Smash character?
I like Mint Chip and my favorite Smash Character is Little Mac despite the fact that his gloves are green, and green is not a creative color, therefore meaning mac himself is not creative, I really like his gameplay style despite his terrible recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom