• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
0 precedent for that, why do you say as such?
Think they worded that badly. More so they don't have a trailer and are revealed nonchalantly compared to full-blown newcomers.

Richter an exception due to being a third party and obviously being negotiated alongside Simon.

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Realistically speaking, how many characters are we getting tomorrow? I'd say 1 newcomer + 1 echo at worst, and 2 newcomers at best.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly it's not impossible, they tend to show echo's without much fanfare
No, it's not impossible.
I'd like it, personally.

But...

0 precedent for that, why do you say as such?
Never happened before is not never will happen unless something explicitly prevents it

Which, in this case, I'd say there would be something.
It's not a Smash Direct, It's a normal direct. Unless Smash Bros eats up a huge chunk of the direct again (and it probably won't- it's not E3), then they'd probably keep reveals to a minimum length.

The reveal trailers themselves take a while, so unless they've combined reveals then I don't expect much in that direction.

MainJPW

M.T.A
People always use the "he's a fighter" justification for Knuckles, but that didn't stop characters like Wii Fit or Villager from translating well to a fighting games.
I’ve heard that “he’s more of a fighter” excuse before. Besides the fact that there are non-fighters in Smash it also completely misses the point of the Sonic series: THEY ALL FIGHT.

Like are we going to ignore Fighters and Battle? Everyone in those games will **** each other up with punches, kicks and weapons. In the platformers Sonic and the gang fights Eggman and his robots. Straight up. They will Spin and rip apart massive robots/machines, super powerful freaks of nature and massive battle ships with nothing but their bodies.

Besides the use of gadgets and bombs Tails punches down boulders in Tails Adventure, ****ing carries around ten tons in Sky Patrol and can do the same moves as Sonic and then some. Amy swings a hammer with enough strength to create massive shockwaves and tornadoes and she’s also a damn kickboxer and skilled acrobatic.

They’re super powered fighters at their core lmao. Knuckles utilizing punching techniques doesn’t take away from the fact that the Main 4 and the majority of the supporting cast are more of a fighter than many of the characters already in Smash. But yeah, Knuckles would be fun.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Actually... why did they add the decimals to the percentages?

There's an actual reason behind it and I don't think I fully understand it.
To my understanding, it always calculated to the decimal before, they just decided to show us it this time

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Think they worded that badly. More so they don't have a trailer and are revealed nonchalantly compared to full-blown newcomers.

Richter an exception due to being a third person and obviously being negotiated alongside Simon.
See I still wouldn't say nonchalantly either.
They're highlighted and shown off, and didn't Chrom get a Splash screen?
Though I'm likely just over-estimating.

I'd love to be wrong though. I adore Echoes.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Like I understand that some characters have things going for them, but what makes people so confident that we're getting Isaac or Skull Kid tomorrow?
Base roster predictions I get, but this is Smash Bros. and Nintendo we're talking about, they could throw whoever they want in a direct.
I mean even the dude who posted the Gematsu leak claimed that Shulk was going to be shown off when it was the Robin and Lucina trailer. Unless I'm missing something, I just don't get it.
It's cause of the hints pointing to those two.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Realistically speaking, how many characters are we getting tomorrow? I'd say 1 newcomer + 1 echo at worst, and 2 newcomers at best.
I'm honestly only expecting one new character. I mean it'd be great if we get an Echo Fighter that correlates with the trailer, like Robin/Lucina and Simon/Richter, but I seriously doubt it.
It's cause of the hints pointing to those two.
Such as?
There has to be more to it than "hints". We are talking about the same company that dropped Ridley at E3, and Simon in a Smash specific direct.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
For the people interested in the Digimon Special livestream happening after the Nintendo Direct
Here's the link:

It will go live in 36 hours.
Agumon is the main Digimon of the show.
I have really been wanting to play Cyber Slueth.

But my Backlog is a 1000 headed hydra and its hard to chip away at! And its constantly growing!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The amount of time a character takes to be made is irrelevant if they've planned it all from the beginning.

I don't actually want Guile past his theme (I was memeing) but let me just say something

If Guile was on that list and not Ken, they're not gonna be like "ah **** people pointed out Ken woulda been quicker better shift gears"
2 years of development and spending time on Guile over the quicker Ken...and the Belmont boys...and also getting Snake back...nah that time matters (plus, with only 2 years of work why spend 3rd party time trying to get a fresh new character form a series that already has one when you can make them an echo to be paired up with. Capcom ain’t no Konami, but Ken getting in under anyone else, especially with echoes literally screaming out his name and soul, would be ruthless)
Echoes excluding :ultdarkpit::ultlucina: are still newcomers...so you’re repeating the same choice

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
See I still wouldn't say nonchalantly either.
They're highlighted and shown off, and didn't Chrom get a Splash screen?
Though I'm likely just over-estimating.

I'd love to be wrong though. I adore Echoes.
More so on the lines of Sakurai all of a sudden saying "hey an echo!!!" and then they show up in game and then get a splashscreen. No fancy CGI trailer first. Just "well this guy or gal is in!"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
2 years of development and spending time on Guile over the quicker Ken...and the Belmont boys...and also getting Snake back...nah that time matters (plus, with only 2 years of work why spend 3rd party time trying to get a fresh new character form a series that already has one when you can make them an echo to be paired up with. Capcom ain’t no Konami, but Ken getting in under anyone else, especially with echoes literally screaming out his name and soul, would be ruthless)
Cause if they were planning on doing it they're gonna do it anyway :4pacman:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm gonna temper expectations and just say 1 unique newcomer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright, time for another game. What video game characters do you love that are popular/well known but know will never be in Super Smash Bros. at all?
For me, it's two of my all time favorites. I will never get Morrigan with Lilith as an Echo in Super Smash Bros. They are too sexual in design for an E10..
I guess Mega Man X counts. If we're ever getting a 2nd Mega Man character, it'll probably be an echo before a full unique one. So Protoman, Bass and Roll fit that bill far better for their builds and movesets. But I'll still shill for Mega Man X, one of my absolute favorites. Though he's fairly requested along with Proto Man and Zero for a 2nd Mega Man character. He has a slight chance in a later game, at best. But I'll still hope.

Other than that, Fulgore. As in, there's no actual chance in hell it's happening, but I'd like to be wrong.

**** IT! Give me Nintendo vs Capcom next.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They could throw the remaining echo fighters in an 8 (or however many) player match and have them briefly fight as their reveal.
That would be nuts.

Chrono.

I have really been wanting to play Cyber Slueth.

But my Backlog is a 1000 headed hydra and its hard to chip away at! And its constantly growing!
It's pretty good.

Like, it's not the most polished JRPG, but at the price it currently is I completely recommend it.

Music is bumpin' too.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
To be honest if the Direct starts with a reveal I could see two newcomers being the case. If not, we are only getting one with perhaps an echo added at best imo.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Actually... why did they add the decimals to the percentages?

There's an actual reason behind it and I don't think I fully understand it.
Decimals has always existed; just wasn't shown. You will see moves jumping a percent +/- because of decimals. They're just making it visible.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
To be honest if the Direct starts with a reveal I could see two newcomers being the case. If not, we are only getting one with perhaps an echo added at best imo.
Agreed. If it doesn't start with a reveal, we're probably just getting one.

Not related, but I read all of your posts in Wolf's voice from 'A Fox in Space.'

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Callling it now: Smash demo is announced in the direct, but it’s locked behind the online service.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's always the slight chance that the direct won't have Smash info, or will focus on something else that isn't a new fighter.

I'd rather get my hopes up for Prime 4 showing up, even if it's just a glimpse of Samus' and Sylux's models in HD. Or seeing what the Amiibo will do for Mega Man 11, if it does anything substantial at all that is.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Reminder that there's no real way to predict who will be revealed tomorrow. It could be Chorus Kids (please), it could be Geno, it could be Skull Kid, it could be Steve, it could be Shantae, etc.

However, I'm keeping my hunch that Isaac is most definitely not going to be the one revealed tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom