• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've discussed everything to the bone. At this point there isn't even a decaying corpse anymore, the nutrients have already gotten into the soil and we can see plants growing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well if there's nothing tonight then we'll wait for tomorrow, where they'll hopefully announce it for Thursday, a week's delay on both the announce and the actual.

If not then we can
There's still the weekly song, though.

So the moral of the story is 90% of us are old ****s with one foot in the grave, and the rest are people fresh out the womb. Good to know.

good lord, this direct postponement has driven us all truly mad
Speak for yourself man, I've been slightly mentally off since my childhood, and I'm the lucid one.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We've discussed everything to the bone. At this point there isn't even a decaying corpse anymore, the nutrients have already gotten into the soil and we can see plants growing.
Nah, there are still topics, it just isn't explored upon.

Like, will Captain Falcon get external damage shown like Olimar and Little Mac? Is anyone else going to get the same type of treatment? Do I get to see Mario with a ****ing black eye and a smushed nose? I don't know.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Like, will Captain Falcon get external damage shown like Olimar and Little Mac? Is anyone else going to get the same type of treatment? Do I get to see Mario with a ****ing black eye and a smushed nose? I don't know.
Ariga! Don't be silly. You know discussing how Isabelle, Shadow, Geno, and Isaac are all locks BUT MAYBE NOT every 5 hours is more important than nonsense like this.

StoneMask

Smash Cadet
I think Lanky Kong would be perfect as the new joke character in Ultimate. No one would see it coming, and a cleverly made reveal trailer could really throw us all for a loop. His moves in Donkey Kong 64 could really translate into Smash as well.

Up B - "Inflates himself just like a balloon".
Side B - Grape shooter, the grapes could slowly float in a straight line across the stage just like in DK64.
Down B - Simian Slam.
Neutral B - Trombone Tremor (or this could be his final smash).
Sprint - Hand-stand running.
Running A - That thing where he spins with his arms outstretched then slaps his own butt (like in DK64).
A Moves - Stretchy arms etc.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Reminds me of the suit damage characters would’ve had in Brawl...if only that got to stay in

Potato_

Smash Lord
Got a few favorites i'm going to put in a spoiler tag

All of these are fantastic, I completely forgot about Rules of Nature and the Dire Dire Docks theme. Dark Cave is one I never even thought of including but would fit really well.

And of course, Rashid's theme is Rashid's theme. That's all that needs to be said about it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even if it's a hypothetical or if someone is genuinely curious? Man that kinda blows.
That's how things roll in this thread, sadly.

As such, I can't even speak about Earthworm Jim at all until Smash 6, if that.

Probably not, although Meta Knight was originally going to have a cracked mask in Brawl.

Also, I legitimately think Bowser may have killed Olimar in his character trailer.

I'd like that one mermaid from that Wario puzzle game. I like mermaids.
Spiritual sibling! I never expected someone else to remember Aqualea.

Last edited:

Constipated Jiggly Puff would be a nice one

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Lanky Kong would be perfect as the new joke character in Ultimate. No one would see it coming, and a cleverly made reveal trailer could really throw us all for a loop. His moves in Donkey Kong 64 could really translate into Smash as well.

Up B - "Inflates himself just like a balloon".
Side B - Grape shooter, the grapes could slowly float in a straight line across the stage just like in DK64.
Down B - Simian Slam.
Neutral B - Trombone Tremor (or this could be his final smash).
Sprint - Hand-stand running.
Running A - That thing where he spins with his arms outstretched then slaps his own butt (like in DK64).
A Moves - Stretchy arms etc.
With Lola Pop as an Echo fighter!

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I mean we really haven't to be honest.
Compared to Smash 4 speculation and discussion, we have way more to go off given the fact that we have like 70% of the game already shown off to us.
The only things that have been talked to death about are the variables, that's really it.

I just think we kinda took that for granted and we are practically ignoring it now that's confirmed. Hell, a little more than a week after the 8.8 direct, people were complaining that we already were back under a "drought".

Chrono.

What song I'd like to see in Ultimate? Too many to count, so I'll just post this one that's never gonna happen because it's a fanmade cover of two F-Zero tracks.

Imma still mod it in if that becomes a thing though.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Make codecs of character or even Pokédex entries. Post fan art and comment on it.
Post movesets.
Things you want to do first when you get the game. Thoughts on the website and how it can be improved.
New mechanic ideas.
The new Assist Trophy/Pokeball item for Ultimate. Should stickers return?
Ideas for customize special moves.
Post reveal trailer ideas
Create a character idea bio like the one I did for Isaac
Post your roster
Future of Smash
About Sakurai
Speculation on the conceptualization and development process

And just because a topic has been discussed to the bone doesn’t mean everyone has talked about it. Some users maybe missed out of that discussion topic and wants to revisit it. That’s not entirely a bad idea since a new perspective can yield new results.

Thanks for crushing my dreams and hopes.

Okay everyone, what's the most obscure, hidden, unknown character you'd like to see in Smash?
For me, it's Aero the Acrobat.
That’s what I do.

Joe and Mac

Last edited:

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
Wait, I have a thought,
Viral indie game
Infuential to gaming as a whole
Massive gaming icon
Freddy Fazbear for smash ultimate
But seriously, how would you react?
I don't like FnaF, so he would be a huge turnoff for me

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The direct is going to be on Thursday isn’t it?

E4C1616B-B084-4098-9859-A1BDA86AB9A2.jpeg

I really wished they could’ve said that earlier so I wouldn’t be desperately looking at Smashboards when I get up, just to see if there’s any news.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm just going to post a bunch of music I want in Smash and you guys can tell me how wrong I am. Limiting myself to one per series otherwise it'd basically be a wall of FE music.

I would honestly love for this to be in Incineroar's trailer (or whoever we get from Alola). Probably my favorite Elite 4 theme yet, and Smash has snubbed E4 themes for too long!

FE music is usually so good, but this is the only song for Ultimate that I feel is a requirement. And considering how we got Mila's Divine Protection back in Brawl, that may not be too out of reach.

The Mario & Luigi games aren't my favorite of the Mario RPGs (Paper Mario is the best), but this has been one of my favorite Mario songs for over a decade. If we get get it, I'd be okay with some TTYD boss music because those were all quality tracks.

I kinda doubt we are getting more BotW music which is a total shame, but this is one I would really like. Best song in BotW in my opinion.

My only comment is "Dat guitar solo tho".

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
For me, there's only one guy I want that will never make it in.
He's secretly a high-schooler.
He summons monsters.
He's clad in black.
He wields a blade and a gun.
He wears flowing clothes
He has a talking cat as a friend.
He has a small harem of girls.
He is STYLISH as hell.

That's right, you already know it's...
tumblr_oc3kbm8Ptv1ukutxko1_r2_500.png

RAIDOU KUZUNOHA THE XIV

What? Who the heck is "Joker?"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Okay guys what music do you want to see in Ultimate
Majora's Mask:

Clock Town, and a medley of the ocarina tunes, maybe some other music as well (I need to refresh myself on MM's music).

Mother series:

-A mix of The Sky Runner (Earthbound) and A Flying Whatchamacallit (Mother 3)
-A medley of battle music for each game in the series (gimme Battle Against a Machine)
-Saturn Valley (Hi Hi Hi), which transitions into Mother 3's version.
-Open Sesame Tofu

also All-Star; Shrek for Smash :troll:

edit: Also "Never Let Up!" from M&L: Dream Team, and if we're getting Minecraft content, Cat mixed with Dog, Moog City 2 (menu2.ogg), a medley of the gameplay music, and calm4.ogg (I don't care that it was cut).

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I've seen this topic before but I want to bring it up because I actually have an answer this time.
What series would you want to add to Smash for the music alone?
For me, A Hat in Time. I finally got around to playing it and the music is so great.

Also Hat Kid is adorable and she'd be great in Smash

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Wait, I have a thought,
Viral indie game
Massive gaming icon
>Massive gaming ico
>Influential to gaming as a whole
>F R E D D Y F A Z B E A R
Come on bro
I think you meant to say Shantae but i forgive you

Last edited:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Chell for smash (Portal)
I think a portal gun would be a hilarious item in smash for creating traps to the bottom of the stage.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thanks for crushing my dreams and hopes.

Okay everyone, what's the most obscure, hidden, unknown character you'd like to see in Smash?
For me, it's Aero the Acrobat.
The robot ninjas from The Ninja Warriors, seeing as they didn't get back into prominence until recently.

POTD in order

Brawl > Smash 4 > Ultimate. Why are Ultimate PotD so ad?
Because the interns have no training and the marketing department's rushed.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
>Massive gaming ico
>Influential to gaming as a whole
>F R E D D Y F A Z B E A R
Come on bro
In the modern gaming landscape, he's definitely an icon, like it or not.
(more influential than Shantae ;))

The influence of FNAF on the whole indie scene and also the whole horror scene is pretty forgotten but very well felt back in 2014. It's lore and theory prowess hasn't been matched since.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait, I have a thought,
Viral indie game
Massive gaming icon
Well...
c89.jpg

I had a good 20 years on the hype train, but this is where I get off.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Some music uh? Guess it's time for the pilot themes un GX, there's some good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom