• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

In the modern gaming landscape, he's definitely an icon, like it or not.
(more influential than Shantae ;))

The influence of FNAF on the whole indie scene and also the whole horror scene is pretty forgotten but very well felt back in 2014. It's lore and theory prowess hasn't been matched since.
I agree that FNAF is iconic at this point but...

FNAF has been around since 2014? What the ****?

Imagine I posted that gif of Snake rapidly aging here.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
I’ve been listening to this recently. Really brings back the nostalgia:

God, having PMD rep in anyway would be awesome, whether it be Primal Dialga as a boss or the Time Gears as items.
If Dialga's Fight to the Finish is one of the tracks for Pokemon stages I might cry. It's my favorite music of all time and I've heard it and each of the remixes I have who knows as how many hundreds and thousands of times.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Trying to keep up with this thread and do other things at the same time is damn near impossible. :laugh:
That's... barely middle aged, man.
...20 years old would be "Young Adult".
---
Here's an idea for a little bit of discussion.

If you had complete control over which characters would be in Smash, who would you have? What would the roster look like?

The point of this is to make a roster that would please you specifically. You can even cut Mario if you so chose.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
On the topic of music, I just want more Star Fox music in Ultimate. Unfortunately, it looks like the series is only getting three new tracks. Smash 3DS/Wii U had a combined 14 tracks, whereas the August Direct showed the series with only 17. Better than nothing, but criminally low when compared to what the series has to offer. Especially when Star Fox Zero and Star Fox 2 both have plenty of tracks ripe for Smash; either straight ripped or remixed.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Okay guys what music do you want to see in Ultimate
I'll limit it to five since there's so many I actually want (based on series already in Smash):
Crocodile Cacophony - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afm_w5ceWrE
Vs. Team Magma & Aqua Leader - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaUQM4TC9wg
Adventure's End - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6e0CGXOS2Q
Sky Lagoon (X) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFGBUdNSWNY
Pokey Means Business! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nYwTSkr0Q

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On the topic of music, I just want more Star Fox music in Ultimate. Unfortunately, it looks like the series is only getting three new tracks. Smash 3DS/Wii U had a combined 14 tracks, whereas the August Direct showed the series with only 17. Better than nothing, but criminally low when compared to what the series has to offer. Especially when Star Fox Zero and Star Fox 2 both have plenty of tracks ripe for Smash; either straight ripped or remixed.
It's important to note that the 17 number might be the starting amount of music.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just remember...it will never be as bad as Final Fantasy

D

Deleted member

Literally anyone from Etrian Odyssey. They might as well all be obscure and hidden because I know of only like two other people in this thread who even know what the series is. :p
Oh hey I'm one of them! Shameless plug for my own thread because Etrian Odyssey deserves a character!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Because the interns have no training and the marketing department's rushed.
Brawl's and Sm4sh's felt personal like, there was some charm added to it. Sakurai even referenced ****ing Star Wars at some point and I had to do a double take on it. Ultimate's blog updates are just... lacklaster. The videos are cool and all but still.

Chrono.

It's important to note that the 17 number might be the starting amount of music.
I kinda doubt it tbh.

They would've made it a point to say that you have to unlock music again, like they did for characters and like how they denied for stages.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wait, I have a thought,
Viral indie game
Infuential to gaming as a whole
Massive gaming icon
Freddy Fazbear for smash ultimate
But seriously, how would you react?
I don't like FnaF, so he would be a huge turnoff for me
Blank+_359306bd9576b52e46b47cfd5a0bcd84.jpg

I mean, I get that FNAF is big, but it would make as much sense as putting in the scissors guy from Clock Tower.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I would've said the same about over 100 stages
I don't see why they couldn't.

Unless it's because "they had to be unlocked before" which is something that could be easily changed for this game.
Wasn't even trying to be snarky with my first post btw.
I just genuinely get the feeling that won't happen. But the stages point is super valid and likely true.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure we wom't have to unlock music again, betting on characters and trophies being the only unlockables this time.

Iridium

Smash Hero
In the modern gaming landscape, he's definitely an icon, like it or not.
(more influential than Shantae ;))

The influence of FNAF on the whole indie scene and also the whole horror scene is pretty forgotten but very well felt back in 2014. It's lore and theory prowess hasn't been matched since.
Not necessarily related, but do you think The Binding of Isaac even has a chance?

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Trying to keep up with this thread and do other things at the same time is damn near impossible. :laugh:

...20 years old would be "Young Adult".
---
Here's an idea for a little bit of discussion.

If you had complete control over which characters would be in Smash, who would you have? What would the roster look like?

The point of this is to make a roster that would please you specifically. You can even cut Mario if you so chose.
-Cut: Corrin, Ice Climbers, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Peach (but keep Daisy), R.O.B., Pichu
-Add: Shantae, Geno, Paper Mario i admit it he would be a fun addition, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Doomguy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay if we got SmashDex to replace Codex/Guidance, that would be amazing.

Plus the character's are numbered so it totally fits!
I would not accept Palutena’s Guidances being replaced for anything...ever

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
There will be a lot of collectibles, not only the old trophies. Apparently we missed the gear stuff and the characters are going to be very easy, so there will be something more, as songs.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
One can only hope that... like, 80% of the Final Fantasy VII music is unlockable. :laugh:
More like all of it. Just listened to whole OST for like the thousanth time at work today. Never gets old, and random customers hear the music through the doors and instantly recognize it. An incredible piece of game music history.

And it has 2 songs in Smash.

Last edited:

Chrono.

One can only hope that... like, 80% of the Final Fantasy VII music is unlockable. :laugh:
I actually hope that, despite only having 2 songs, Midgar gets music from other games in there.

The stage is super boring with just two tracks.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Didn't consider music being unlockable again. It's possible, but not sure that'll the case. Especially since all the stages are unlocked from the beginning.

Still, there could be more remixed tracks in the works, or tracks yet to be ripped, that weren't in-game by the time the direct was recorded.

For now, I'm just going to assume that the 17 from the Direct are the 17 in the final product. I can only hope that number grows by launch.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Mmmmm nah i don't think it's that iconic anymore, atleast Slender has some sort of cult fanbase, but i haven't encountered anyone who still talks about FNaF.
FNAF is still very much around. Just so old at this point.
It was indisputably iconic of the gaming landscape for a good long while. Is it still now? Up to debate.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I gotta be honest.

Mods?

I think you're overstepping with the ''Discussing characters that have no chance in Smash." being grounds for warnings, closings, etc.

Why?

Because it's all fan based and arbitrary rules. While yes there's a severe likelyhood characters like Goku, Mickey Mouse, etc would not get into Smash.

You tow a fine fine fine fine fine line to the point that you're also forcing people to be closed minded in speculation as well.

''IT'S IN THE RULES~~~" is one of the worst things about this community when it comes to speculation, because those rules are stupid and made up and often change once Sakurai doesn't follow this made up rule book most of us have all placed on him.

I don't know I feel that rule is hurting speculation and conversation about the future of Smash and potentially an egg on your face scenario for the moderators as well.

It's just a little egomanical to go "WE THE MODS HAVE DEEMED THIS CHARACTER UNLIKELY SO NEVER SPEAK OF THEM AGAIN." because what stops you from deeming an actual video game character as unlikely and shutting down discussion of them?

I mean this happened in Smash 4 a lot.

''CLOUD STRIFE, ACTUAL GAMING ICON WILL NEVER BE IN SMASH. HE'S AMONG THE LIKES OF MICKEY AND GOKU. LULZ."

I had to fight tooth and nail to make people understand Bayonetta was a possibility from base game and was told she wasn't Smash Material. Look who is in Smash now and one of the most controversial topics about it.

So....I'm just....not about that rule. I'm REALLY not about that rule, because it's shutting down conversation based on whatever you personally see fit and based on made up things people put into the way Sakurai makes the game as well.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

The day we hear this in Smash, about 98% of us will go crazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom