• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We have seriously reached a point where Smash fans would even ask for their favorite bedroom's chair to be a playable character. I get wanting your favorite characters, but be reasonable. I want Chibi-Robo and I'm well aware I would be lucky if he gets the AT role, and he is from Nintendo, let alone some out of the world third's some people ask for because why not I guess.
No harm in wanting someone even if they are deemed unlikely. If you start expecting them in like a few Geno, Skull Kid, Isaac, and Banjo fans then yeah you need to take a step back. No guarantees in Smash.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Come to think of it, how would everyone react to Henry Fleming being a newcomer, hypothetically?
I’d be surprised since we all know how poorly his game was received, but I can imagine him being a cool newcomer (plus it’d be nice to have something different from the character speculation norm ahaha.)

(Would he also break the 103 stages assumption? Nobody talks about stages in character discussion but breaking 103 stages would be a really important thing for further speculation.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just saying realistically they got no chance at all. Mortal Kombat is not popular in Japan nor is Halo especially being the latter is an XBox exclusive character and franchise. Closest you'll get in is Banjo-Kazooie and that's due to Phil Spencer being okay with it and their history they had with Nintendo.

I do admit they got better chances then say freaking Goku, Shrek and Spongebob which people keeps requesting for some reason. At least Scorpion and Master Chief are video game characters.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
A question:

Do you guys think Atlus and SNK will get characters in Smash?
They are very close with Nintendo now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm just saying realistically they got no chance at all. Mortal Kombat is not popular in Japan nor is Halo especially being the latter is an XBox exclusive character and franchise. Closest you'll get in is Banjo-Kazooie and that's due to Phil Spencer being okay with it and their history they had with Nintendo.

I do admit they got better chances then say freaking Goku, Shrek and Spongebob which people keeps requesting for some reason. At least Scorpion and Master Chief are video game characters.
Okay but what's wrong with wanting them? Is that a crime? Am I gonna get executed for wanting something even if the probability's low?
Wanting something =/= Saying something is likely

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I really miss the newcomer posters that we got from Smash 4. It gave us so many gems like these:

A question:

I've always thought that mainline SMT chars had a pretty decent chance of getting into Smash since it's been a pretty historically Nintendo-focused series, kind of like Dragon Quest, imho.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How would you guys react if when we get DLC it’s in seasons a la Tekken 7, and Season 1’s DLC content is as follows:
- Rex & Pyra (probably the safest DLC bet ever)
- Octoling (echo of Inkling)
- You were expecting Springman as the ARMS rep, BUT IT WAS ME, DIO DR. COYLE!
- Dixie Kong (assuming she’s not base roster and is TOTALLY unique)
- and the last one, a surprise pick, the protagonist of Dragalia Lost, Nintendo’s new mobile exclusive IP

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Okay but what's wrong with wanting them? Is that a crime? Am I gonna get executed for wanting something even if the probability's low?
Wanting something =/= Saying something is likely
Because they have no history with Nintendo to begin with. One's an XBox exclusive and the other isn't even that popular in Japan.

Again by this logic guess we should be getting Kratos as well who is Sony exclusive.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I really miss the newcomer posters that we got from Smash 4. It gave us so many gems like these:

Peach and Mr. Game and Watch clashing frying pans in Bayonetta's poster is the best thing I've ever seen this month.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A question:

Depends on whether SNK also thought about Smash with the recent guest appearances their characters made.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
I'm feeling a "WTF" character reveal.

After Ridley and K.Rool, i think nintendo is going to reveal some unexpected character, maybe someone that is not related to Ballot popularity.

LetterO

Smash Lord

After Ridley and K.Rool, i think nintendo is going to reveal some unexpected character, maybe someone that is not related to Ballot popularity.
choruskidschoruskidschoruskidschoruskidschoruskids

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because they have no history with Nintendo to begin with. One's an XBox exclusive and the other isn't even that popular in Japan.

Again by this logic guess we should be getting Kratos as well who is Sony exclusive.
It's not gonna stop people from wanting it. If you're gonna be that thick-skulled, just ignore people who want things that don't make sense to you.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
A question:

Atlus? More than likely. SMT is a historic series with Nintendo, and Persona is likely one of the few "globally-recognized series" remaining at this point.

SNK? That's harder to say.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I mean...atleast Scorpion, Kratos, and Master Chief are actually video game characters so it's ok to want them as long they appeared on Nintendo systems.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I will never not want nonspecific action figure as a wtf pick

I'm still not over that Bomber Man AT, man. It stung. :(
I know this is kinda old but I grabbed this quote and got distracted before I could respond. It stung a little but him being in the game at all was a longshot. I'm hoping that this at least gets his foot in the door but we'll see.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
How would you guys react if when we get DLC it’s in seasons a la Tekken 7, and Season 1’s DLC content is as follows:
- and the last one, a surprise pick, the protagonist of Dragalia Lost, Nintendo’s new mobile exclusive IP
I would really like this, all of those characters are great picks!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
People still clamoring for Scorpion and Master Chief?

Whelp may as well get Kratos in there as well. :rolleyes:

Seriously these guys have no chance of getting in to begin with why do people even request them?
Most people didn’t think:ultcloud:would get in Smash and nearly nobody thought about:ultwiifittrainer::ultsnake::ultrichter::ultgreninja:...so how can you claim that a popular 3rd party character doesn’t have any sort of chance (even something as small as a 1% is still a chance). Master Chief and Kratos aren’t Nintendo characters nor 3rd parties so they have a reason for not being able to join, but Scorpion is a 3rd party character whom is also a gaming icon of sorts...also Nintendo console talk and all that mahogany
At least Inklings got one.
and now EVERYONE gets to share a massive sized poster together
I mean...atleast Scorpion, Kratos, and Master Chief are actually video game characters so it's ok to want them as long they appeared on Nintendo systems.
One is a 3rd party who can make it in, the other is a literal PlayStation character, and the wheeler was almost on a Nintendo platform excluding Minecraft

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
1. Always good to see more Xenoblade representation, even if they aren't completely who I had in mind. As long as they have an interesting gimmick going for them I have no complaints
2. Never played Splatoon, but cool cool.
3. Who?
4. Oh boy, time to go on a nostalgia trip...Haven't played DK in years, but still, why not?
5. I really need to watch the trailer for that, because I have no idea who that is.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
A pretty solid lineup, but I'd be surprised if one of the main DLC chars we got was an echo. I feel like the idea someone else suggested of "echo bundles" like how Blazblue Cross Tag does its DLC chars in bundles of three would be something Ninty would do, but I'm not sure.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
A question:

I'd hope so. I'll take one Etrian Odyssey character for each game in the series, plus at least 10 times as many music tracks as Castlevania because the music is at least 10 times better. That's how that works, right?

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
After Snake and Cloud people are still using "History with Nintendo" as an argument lmao.
It's not a deciding factor anymore, but it still helps. At its core Smash Bros is still a celebration of Nintendo, with further celebration of video games as a whole with the many 3rd parties we've gotten.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

What if it was the Minecraft Guy? Vergeben did say that he heard something Minecraft related was in this game...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Possible Retro Fighters.

-Ayumi Tachibana
-Balloon Fighter
-Bubbles
-Excitebiker
-Lip
-Mach Rider
-Sable Prince
-Sheirff

Ayumi I think maybe the most likely being she was considered for Melee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom