• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Simon does count. He is a retro rep. Being 1st party has nothing to do with that.
Then what about Pac-Man and Mega Man who debuted in Smash 4? Guess they should count too then. Again I'm referring to 1st party retros.

Melee: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch
Brawl: R.O.B.
Smash 4: Duck Hunt, Little Mac

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here's a question: What are some characters you guys feel are likelier than the community as a whole seems to think? Obviously this means no Skull Kids/Isabelles/Isaacs/Genos/etc etc.
Minecraft Guy
Ryu Hayabusa
Impa
Tsareena
Excite Biker

LetterO

Smash Lord
Then what about Pac-Man and Mega Man who debuted in Smash 4? Guess they should count too then. Again I'm referring to 1st party retros.

They count as well. I don't see why it has to be first party.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

If you're counting Lil' Mac... Shouldn't you count Pit too?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
He's been nerfed pretty heavily bro In a game where most fighters have gotten buffs
This take is PIPING hot considering Fox was already a pretty good character in Smash 4 (arguably top 10, possibly top 15?), and when you factor in what the universal mechanics changes do for his kit as a baseline, it's hard to imagine him falling off that hard. I haven't heard of any drastic changes to his frame data or anything from dedicated players like Larry Lurr so it's not like that part of the character is terrible. The inability to pass through characters + Fox Illusion not crossing up people on shield isn't the worst thing they could have done.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does King K Rool count as a retro rep, or Ridley for that matter?
No he doesn't. He's appeared in modern DK games like DK64, King of Swing, Barrel Blast and even an Mario sports game like Mario Super Sluggers.

Can't believe there's still debate to this day of people thinking whether he's a Rare or Nintendo character despite the fact Nintendo owns Donkey Kong. If he was a Rare character he never would had been in the latter three I mentioned. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
No he doesn't. He's appeared in modern DK games like DK64, King of Swing, Barrel Blast and even an Mario sports game like Mario Super Sluggers.

Can't believe there's still debate to this day of people thinking whether he's a Rare or Nintendo character despite the fact Nintendo owns Donkey Kong. :rolleyes:
Then why does Little Mac count?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Here's a question: What are some characters you guys feel are likelier than the community as a whole seems to think? Obviously this means no Skull Kids/Isabelles/Isaacs/Genos/etc etc.
If there's one character that I feel like is getting slept on, it is Lloyd Irving.
Lloyd_Status_(ToS).jpg

He's the main protagonist of the most popular game (Tales of Symphonia) in a prolific video game series.
He had popularity back in the Brawl days and he might have done well on the Ballot considering we got him as a Mii Costume in the same wave as Chrom and K. Rool.
I can see Lloyd happening and taking a lot of people by surprise.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Simon isn't a retro rep, he's had appearances this past decade with Harmony of Despair and Mirror of Fate

So DK64 is modern despite releasing on the N64 but Simon was in a 3ds game and he's considered "retro?"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My preferred retro choice is Muddy Mole.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Because Little Mac and Simon both debuted in a game that started in the 80's and are the main character. K. Rool is not and debuted in the 90's and is a villain.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Time to twist the mood a bit. Who are your 10 most wanted characters this time around? I'll start:

10. Balloon Fighter
9. Golisopod (w/ Guzma maybe)
8. Rex and Pyra
7. Dixie Kong
6. Isaac
5. Shadow
4. Banjo
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee
2. Skull Kid
1. Geno
10. Master Chief
9. Excitebiker
8. Reggie, Cooking Mama, Groose (Or any other off the wall Joke Character)
7. Minecraft Guy
6. Hades
5. Incineroar
4. Crash Bandicoot
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee
2. Elma
1. Tap Trial Girl (or any other Rhythm Heaven rep)

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Simon isn't a retro rep, he's had appearances this past decade with Harmony of Despair and Mirror of Fate

So DK64 is modern despite releasing on the N64 but Simon was in a 3ds game and he's considered "retro?"

I know the Weiss in your posts is supposed to be your signature but it always looks like a Smug Anime Girl Reaction Image™

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
*Sigh*

Well if this is the logic you guys want to go with then...

Smash 4: Duck Hunt

Better now?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Sigh*

Well if this is the logic you guys want to go with then...

Smash 4: Duck Hunt

Better now?
Yes, though Pit should still be counted for Brawl, since at the time he was retro. He just isn't anymore, is all. :p

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yes, though Pit should still be counted for Brawl, since at the time he was retro. He just isn't anymore, is all. :p
True I kept thinking there was Uprising but then I remembered the moment you brought this up it that came out after Brawl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom