• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm expecting YL'll get Triforce Slash. He's got the Deku Shield, so he's more Ocarina than Major anyway. As much as I'd like him to at least become Fierce Deity first, because that would be beyond awesome.

I'd expect Lucario's also going mega and then his Brawl FS.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Sadly, I could easily see Young Link inheriting Link's old FS. Maybe he'll transform into Fierce Deity first, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything fundamentally unique.

Peach can stay the same. Bayo's didn't change, and it has a similar function to Peach's. Although, it's gonna look weird as heck if Daisy has the same thing.
Final Smashes are more straight to the point, so Peach's old final smash wouldn't blend in well with those. She'll definitely have a new one. Lucario and Diddy as well.

The rest can keep their old ones though.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I’m sticking to my absolute belief that Yoshi’s FS is a double Yosh exploshi.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Peach might still keep Peach Blossom. Which would be the worst case scenario but we saw a Peach in Bowser's trailer :(
It's a small one though, and in 4 they changed the numerous small peaches to three big ones, so I wouldn't say that peach comes from her Smash Final.

I'm pretty certain that she's getting a new Smash Final, and even if she doesn't, they'll give a new one to Daisy.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I honestly wish Link got the Ryu treatment with his FS, with a barrage of slashes into a finisher (doesn't have to be Triforce Slash), and his Ancient Bow and Arrow from long range. It would also be a great way to further represent his short and long-range capabilities.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Peach is definitely getting a new one. The final smashes are quick and flashy, which Peach’s was neither.

D

Deleted member

My bet is on Aura Storm returning except Lucario just transforms into his Mega for it.

Also, tin foil hat theory time: Sheik's FS was changed so Impa as an Echo could use it as well.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Final Smashes are more straight to the point, so Peach's old final smash wouldn't blend in well with those. She'll definitely have a new one. Lucario and Diddy as well.

The rest can keep their old ones though.
Peach's FS is already pretty straight to the point IMO. The cinematic takes about five seconds, which is actually just as long as most of the ones we have right now.

That's not to say it won't change, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary when Bayo's stays the same and takes way longer than Peach's.

Vistra31

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vistra9000
3DS FC
4038-6222-6181
Switch FC
SW-2087-0604-7226
Guys the chairs are supposed to represent Spyro and Sparx.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
My bet is on Aura Storm returning except Lucario just transforms into his Mega for it.

Also, tin foil hat theory time: Sheik's FS was changed so Impa as an Echo could use it as well.
Huh that might actually be true, or at least I really hope it is

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd really like to see Meta Knight's FS at least be a bit more flashy, its functionality is the same as the cinematic final smashes (bar dealing slight damage to everyone), but with how many new ones that have come along since it just seems incredibly basic these days.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Peach's FS is already pretty straight to the point IMO. The cinematic takes about five seconds, which is actually just as long as most of the ones we have right now.

That's not to say it won't change, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary when Bayo's stays the same and takes way longer than Peach's.
Yet King Dedede's was changed anyway, despite the fact that his previous one was quick to begin with (granted, that's partially a case of nepotism).

I'd really like to see Meta Knight's FS at least be a bit more flashy, its functionality is the same as the cinematic final smashes (bar dealing slight damage to everyone), but with how many new ones that have come along since it just seems incredibly basic these days.
>that face when you realise that MK is the unfavorite of Daddy Sakurai's creations

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah, there's gobs of characters that don't get the time of day when the highest requested wants (currently Isaac, Incineroar, Geno, Skull Kid, Bandana Waddle Dee and Banjo-Kazooie) are currently not in yet. Close-minded, but expected.
It just goes back to how inconsisten and unreliable the Smash fanbase is.
I understand this game is seemingly about wanted characters, but that doesnt mean that our self stated flavors of the month 'best chance' character will get in.

The information should be here.
Im sure in 5000 pages, it already has been a few dozen times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am crossing my fingers for a new Subspace.
Even though you can say it is unlikely.
Like imagine where all of the characters interacted with each other? Brawl's roster is puny compared to Ultimate's.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I can get behind both those theories.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I find it odd that no one discusses Frogger, who by most standards is more iconic than anything else Konami has released.
But that just shows how much we do not consider in the Smash speculation scene.
He would make a great assit trophy, not a playable character.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I am crossing my fingers for a new Subspace.
Even though you can say it is unlikely.
Like imagine where all of the characters interacted with each other? Brawl's roster is puny compared to Ultimate's.
So many possibilities with the characters. I mean look at Brawl where Meta Knight and Lucario, two characters from some of the more kid friendly aesthetics from Nintendo's franchises (Kirby and Pokemon), teamed up with Snake, a character from a Mature rated game.

Here, we could have a sequel to Simon's trailer and have Simon team up with Luigi for the whole adventure after saving him from Death. The idea makes sense.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I want Nintendo to let me buy Fortnite emotes for every character in Ultimate.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He would make a great assit trophy, not a playable character.
Sounds like a lack of imagination, to me.
I dont meant this to criticize you, but I never want someone else's lack of vision telling me what can happen.
The Smash games would not be where they were if the movesets all came easily.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So many possibilities with the characters. I mean look at Brawl where Meta Knight and Lucario, two characters from some of the more kid friendly aesthetics from Nintendo's franchises (Kirby and Pokemon), teamed up with Snake, a character from a Mature rated game.

Here, we could have a sequel to Simon's trailer and have Simon team up with Luigi for the whole adventure after saving him from Death. The idea makes sense.
I want to see :ultkrool:'s Kremling Krew vs :ultbowser:'s Koopa Troop

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet

I hope the trailers are actually cinematics from a new subspace but I dont expect it. Dont want to to get my expectations high for that.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I hope the trailers are actually cinematics from a new subspace but I dont expect it. Dont want to to get my expectations high for that.
It would explain most of the characters getting killed in the trailers, all by villains. Plus it could also hint at Spirits mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom