• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Anyone else think these are the best hit sound effects in the series? They sound real meaty, the heavy hits in particular. Much better than 4's awkward wet thud.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Anyone else think these are the best hit sound effects in the series? They sound real meaty, the heavy hits in particular. Much better than 4's awkward wet thud.
I swear one of 4's hit sounds is the Johnny Test whipcrack.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Yes, you're right. Imagine if I kicked you. How would that sound effect look like, then?

Anyways, in the name of Sakurai, I claim the 4100th page!

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Sounds like a lack of imagination, to me.
I dont meant this to criticize you, but I never want someone else's lack of vision telling me what can happen.
The Smash games would not be where they were if the movesets all came easily.
Still would be a better at. And it is not about lack of vision. He is just mire suited as an at.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Still sounds incredible.
Also, they should replace SA2's City Escape theme with the Generations version
Generations was so good, I kinda wish we got classic sonic in smash instead. At least we got classic Pac-Man instead of that ghostly adventures monstrosity

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
Prediction: The newcomer will be leaked within 12 hours. The press has all of the info, it's only a matter of time until intern-kun screws up or an employee wants their 15 minutes of fame.

My bets are on Isaac for the Rathalos tweet, furniture just isn't enough as evidence for Skull Kid.
Guess you were wrong.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guys just a heads up

Embedding all those music videos may be fun, but it’s a nightmare for mobile users such as myself, as on Safari, if there’s too many media to load for one page, my Safari refreshes “because a problem occurred”, logging me out in the process. You can link videos instead if there’s a lot of embeds already. Just to know!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Generations was so good, I kinda wish we got classic sonic in smash instead. At least we got classic Pac-Man instead of that ghostly adventures monstrosity
Modern Sonic was also in Generations. I like that game, even if wasn't that interesting.
We got better versions of :ultsonic: and :ultpacman:, didn't we?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Name a song more deserving to be in Smash than this one.

How this song never made it into Smash 4 is a mystery to me. Easily the best and most epic track in the Kirby series IMO. Hopefully it'll be added into Smash Ultimate.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Still would be a better at. And it is not about lack of vision. He is just mire suited as an at.
Well, that's how I feel about a lot of playable characters.
I'd appreciate you backing up your thoughts so that I could follow your logic to at least understand your point of view in some capacity.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Potentially Unpopular Opinion: I really don't like what they did with some of the final Smashes. From the looks of things, most are "stand in front of the enemy and press B for a flashy animation," some are projectiles that activate no matter where the enemy is and only a few are anything else. I didn't like the change to Kirby's in Smash 4, and I was unhappy to hear that most other characters would also get a similar treatment.

I liked the transformations.. ..they were more difficult to use than others (especially Wario's) but could be very effective in the hands of a skilled player. They were dependent on skill far more than other Final Smashes. At least Bowser's is somewhat interactive, being a copy of Snake's.

Link's is boring, the Ancient Arrows aren't that iconic even taking just BotW into account. You could argue that Link never uses the Triforce Slash in his own games, but it was a representation of the Triforce of Courage, something he has or eventually gets in almost every game. The new FS also appears to have much poorer range than the light arrows, so I wouldn't even call it a projectile. I don't mind Zelda's for the reasons stated above, but I still preferred the Light Arrows as she gives Link or uses them herself in a great number of games.

I get that Sakurai wants the game to feel faster and that he wants the players who don't have the FS to get back to smashing quickly, but I don't think 15 seconds of running from a powered up character really hurt anyone.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Then add in Wisps as an item and we'll have the triangle of things Sonic Team keeps forcing into Sonic games that no one wants

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well, that's how I feel about a lot of playable characters.
I'd appreciate you backing up your thoughts so that I could follow your logic to at least understand your point of view in some capacity.
Mainly that one of my favorite psx games was frogger one. Jumping around the unique levels looking for the frogs and that annoying golden one. Great fun.

As a character, he falls in line with the galaga ship, or square from adventure. Or even the sheriff. He is iconic, but it took more combinations of characters to fully make duckhunt. He would need more to him, allies.

As for characters, he is not as interesting as other offers from konami. Bomberman was the big 3rd, but ended up an at. We can argue who is next most noticable, but goemon is up there and has appeared on poll results as a requested character.

Frogger would make a great AT. Or even a stage based on his game with dodging traffic.

But he needs more to be a fighter.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t solely for the fact that we wouldn’t have had the legendary “You’re too Slow” taunt or anything Jason Griffin related
Then add in Wisps as an item and we'll have the triangle of things Sonic Team keeps forcing into Sonic games that no one wants
Speaking of Wisps...weird how they just decided to be pretty much everywhere in the main Sonic universe after the ending of Colors

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
**** me can someone leak the direct already?! I literally couldn't sleep last night.
If you need so help, try making a project for yourself to pass the time and keep your mind on other things. Complete a game on your backlog, write that novel you said you'd write, learn an language...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Vauge hints that the direct is coming but nothing solid.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Where? Where?

Ok, I'm getting desperate now. If we don't get a direct announcement within 5 minutes then it's over. Well not over but still...

A direct announcement may be incoming in about five minute.
A neighbor of mine works at the Nintendo NYC store. He said that the Direct got cancelled because you just spoiled the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom