• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Alright, I think people will have a right to be upset if Nintendo doesn't give any info by the end of today.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Why do we still care for advertisements? After all, the fat announcements like Civ VI, Megaman 11 demo and Yoshi's Crafted World already got leaked. Nintendo should just upload the new character trailer and everyone would be happy.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sakurai thought about including Bond and actually included Rob so that is by no means a deconfirm lol.

Friendly reminder it is just your opinion.
My opinion?

That's a good one. A very good one.

Sorry bruh, but my “opinion” is covered by facts. Bond was considered, but did they go with it? Nope. So what makes you think that Goku will be in the same category as Bond here? Last time I checked, if you aren't video game first, you're not getting in. That's something Sakurai has stated that he wants Smash Bros to be about characters who organized from VIDEO GAMES

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Why do we still care for advertisements? After all, the fat announcements like Civ VI, Megaman 11 demo and Yoshi's Crafted World already got leaked. Nintendo should just upload the new character trailer and everyone would be happy.
All I want is the Smash content

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Potentially Unpopular Opinion: I really don't like what they did with some of the final Smashes. From the looks of things, most are "stand in front of the enemy and press B for a flashy animation," some are projectiles that activate no matter where the enemy is and only a few are anything else. I didn't like the change to Kirby's in Smash 4, and I was unhappy to hear that most other characters would also get a similar treatment.

I liked the transformations.. ..they were more difficult to use than others (especially Wario's) but could be very effective in the hands of a skilled player. They were dependent on skill far more than other Final Smashes. At least Bowser's is somewhat interactive, being a copy of Snake's.

Link's is boring, the Ancient Arrows aren't that iconic even taking just BotW into account. You could argue that Link never uses the Triforce Slash in his own games, but it was a representation of the Triforce of Courage, something he has or eventually gets in almost every game. The new FS also appears to have much poorer range than the light arrows, so I wouldn't even call it a projectile. I don't mind Zelda's for the reasons stated above, but I still preferred the Light Arrows as she gives Link or uses them herself in a great number of games.

I get that Sakurai wants the game to feel faster and that he wants the players who don't have the FS to get back to smashing quickly, but I don't think 15 seconds of running from a powered up character really hurt anyone.
Transformation final smashes were just degenerate. Literally everyone just runs away and stall until it's over. They kill interactions the moment it happens.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Think we all know what it really is at this point.
It's better than hearing people complain that they're "entitled" to complain if Nintendo doesn't release news today. They're under no such obligation and they shouldn't be. Haven't they already given us enough, with everything that follows being icing on the cake?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Mainly that one of my favorite psx games was frogger one. Jumping around the unique levels looking for the frogs and that annoying golden one. Great fun.

As a character, he falls in line with the galaga ship, or square from adventure. Or even the sheriff. He is iconic, but it took more combinations of characters to fully make duckhunt. He would need more to him, allies.

As for characters, he is not as interesting as other offers from konami. Bomberman was the big 3rd, but ended up an at. We can argue who is next most noticable, but goemon is up there and has appeared on poll results as a requested character.

Frogger would make a great AT. Or even a stage based on his game with dodging traffic.

But he needs more to be a fighter.
I don't mean this as a slam- but how do you qualify the above comments as

not about lack of vision.
It is fully a lack of vision in a moveset, which you describe.

Frogger is much more iconic than Sheriff; I don't even know who is "square from adventure" without googing.
Frogger was one of the biggest games of all time, sales wise, particularly in the arcade era. Relegating him to the distinction you gave other characters is without merit.

Quick idea. The basis of Frogger is about jumping and evading death. In fact, at its time, it was the game with the most unique ways to die! Most games only allowed a couple of types of deaths (going off screen, or falling off the cliff). Frogger was in part known for the variety of deaths: I believe there were nine unique ways in total.

• Since we never got a real JUMPMAN character out of Mario, I'd love to see Frogger have a moveset based around evasion. The true 'glass cannon' of the roster, he would have a myriad of moves to jump and avoid combat for different situations.
    • Some of those jumps and evasions could even take an offensive tone, such as jumping out of the frame of an attack while calling an car to charge forward (he would be jumping out of the way of the car and the opponents attack while the car charges forward).
  • His aerial game would also be highly powerful, with most of his powerhouse attacks coming from above.
  • The amount of Death possibilities would be a fun visual mechanic to Frogger as well, allowing him a lot of variety in animation that could be infused with the personality he started to show in some of the newer games.
  • As for a grab- creative liberties could be taken with the tongue, seeing as he is a frog.

There ya go. Or ya know, anything else. Again, it just sounds like a lack of imagination to say a character has no basis being playable. It just means you cannot see it.

Now, Needing to be an Assist Trophy because it is more fitting for the gameplay of the character, in some way? That I understand. I may not agree, but at least it isn't about any individuals lack of creativity in accurately reflecting the character.

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I think people will have a right to be upset if Nintendo doesn't give any info by the end of today.
I love how it only took like two days for all those people who were like "Yeah Nintendo we understand, take your time" to turn into "OKAY WE WAITED LONG ENOUGH"

Chrono.

Good ol Push tearing the leak apart.
Probably posted before but this thread moves too fast for me to bother checking.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I got to admit this sounds incredibly childish but I'm a bit nervous about the fate of the Direct. Why? Well, there was a leak a while back that said Nintendo was planning to have a Direct on the 6th (which ended up being true except it got delayed due the tragic events).

Well the leak said that one of the titles to be shown was a Switch port of The Wonderful 101. I've been waiting to hear if that game will be getting ported or not. I'm dying to know. But now I am worried that due to the earthquake, The Wonderful 101 segment will be cut from the Direct because the game features disasters. It would make sense for them to remove that from the Direct as to not upset people from the recent events.

Yeah it's insane to think about. But I'm always nervous about that game. I really want it to get the second chance it deserves.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's better than hearing people complain that they're "entitled" to complain if Nintendo doesn't release news today. They're under no such obligation and they shouldn't be. Haven't they already given us enough, with everything that follows being icing on the cake?
(Why'd you tag me for this...?)

But anyway, yeah, i agree. I'm just happy we're getting a direct, as I stated before.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I love how it only took like two days for all those people who were like "Yeah Nintendo we understand, take your time" to turn into "OKAY WE WAITED LONG ENOUGH"
xDDD I just want confirmation of the new date, then my wait will be easier.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I never said anything close to that. I was the one who suggested that they should've still showed the direct at the promised time. Lol

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Good ol Push tearing the leak apart.
Probably posted before but this thread moves too fast for me to bother checking.
I love how he starts by "Today's fake leak is...", because these fake leaks are reaaaally getting out of hand

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah specially after streaming splatoon last night, NoJ is no longer keeping silence due to any incident. They are clearly working again.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
I think what agitates people is not waiting for the direct, but not knowing when the direct will be happening...

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I got to admit this sounds incredibly childish but I'm a bit nervous about the fate of the Direct. Why? Well, there was a leak a while back that said Nintendo was planning to have a Direct on the 6th (which ended up being true except it got delayed due the tragic events).

Well the leak said that one of the titles to be shown was a Switch port of The Wonderful 101. I've been waiting to here if that game will getting ported or not. I'm dying to know. But now I am worried that due to the earthquake, The Wonderful 101 segment will be cut from the Direct because the game features disasters. It would make sense for them to remove that from the Direct as to not upset people from the recent events.

Yeah it's insane to think about. But I'm always nervous about that game. I really want it to get the second chance it deserves.
Have a link to that leak?

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I never said anything close to that. I was the one who suggested that they should've still showed the direct at the promised time. Lol
Oof, I disagree very strongly, but I had enough of this argument on Twitter already. Let's just agree to disagree... I'm not starting this again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom