• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I actually can't believe it's taking this long to announce the new date for the Direct. I mean, maybe they push it back a whole week but that just seems pointless. Why not just have it tomorrow or Monday? Does it have to take place on a Tuesday or Thursday? I'm getting kind of impatient waiting on a date. If I knew the date then I wouldn't be impatient, I'd just have something to look forward to. But now it's just like. Soooo, what now? Doesn't help this is the first time this has ever happened.
Monday sounds great If they want to cheer up the younger audiences after such a horrible week… dunno, that's just a date i would use if I wanted to raise the morale of people anyway. Who knows what Nintendo's way of thinking is… They clearly didn't hesitate in streaming splatoon last night, so… dunno anymore

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I've identified at least 4 other characters in the Everyone is Here mural that appear to be interacting with nothing. (Daisy is a 5th one but everyone knows about her)

first is Dark Samus

She is clearly preparing to fire at someone beneath her but she is but she is behind Shulk and Pacman which means she is firing at no one.

Jr. appears to be spouting fire but he is way behind Ganon (fire is clipping through ganons arm) so obviously no one there (unless Ganon is hiding them lol)

Simons chain is clipping through Popo's rump which means Nana and Popo are ahead of him and Simon is ahead of Dr.Mario and G+W which means Popo is hammering down on no one.

Mii Gunner I think is one of the farthest back and yeah clearly no one there she is firing at. as no one in her vicinity is as far back as she is

Possible areas for new characters

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I personally don't really care when the new date is, but I would like an announcement on said date so I and others aren't checking up like every half hour and can just have a time we know to check in on.
I was thinking that it would just be the day after... but surprisingly... it's not...

WaxPython

Smash Ace
My opinion?

That's a good one. A very good one.

Sorry bruh, but my “opinion” is covered by facts. Bond was considered, but did they go with it? Nope. So what makes you think that Goku will be in the same category as Bond here? Last time I checked, if you aren't video game first, you're not getting in. That's something Sakurai has stated that he wants Smash Bros to be about characters who organized from VIDEO GAMES
Rob hasn't been in a video game and he's in. Only requirement is to have featured on a Nintendo console which Goku has.

Unless you're sakurai yes it's only your opinion he won't get in. Sakurai does what he wants. If he wants to put Goku in he can out him in. That simple.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hnnngh. I'm impatient...Not for the direct information, but about the direct date...I wish Nintendo would release the date already...
I've identified at least 4 other characters in the Everyone is Here mural that appear to be interacting with nothing. (Daisy is a 5th one but everyone knows about her)

first is Dark Samus

She is clearly preparing to fire at someone beneath her but she is but she is behind Shulk and Pacman which means she is firing at no one.

Jr. appears to be spouting fire but he is way behind Ganon (fire is clipping through ganons arm) so obviously no one there (unless Ganon is hiding them lol)

Simons chain is clipping through Popo's rump which means Nana and Popo are ahead of him and Simon is ahead of Dr.Mario and G+W which means Popo is hammering down on no one.

Mii Gunner I think is one of the farthest back and yeah clearly no one there she is firing at. as no one in her vicinity is as far back as she is

Well, in my opinion, empty spaces and things like that one you posted aren't usually a good indicator of how many characters are remaining to announce.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Well, i was thinking about Digimon Survive.
If they show the game in the Direct, maybe Agumon has a chance...
Why would they include digimon when they could just add more Pokemon? Besides, digimon didnt originate as a video game so it's impossible.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Rob hasn't been in a video game and he's in. Only requirement is to have featured on a Nintendo console which Goku has.

Unless you're sakurai yes it's only your opinion he won't get in. Sakurai does what he wants. If he wants to put Goku in he can out him in. That simple.
Just to correct you

ROB-BLS.png

Why would they include digimon when they could just add more Pokemon? Besides, digimon didnt originate as a video game so it's impossible.
Oh boy, here we go...

Digimon was born with Virtual Pets.
Digimon had various games before the Anime.

"Why put Sonic if they can put more Mario characters?"

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
R.O.B. is a special case. He was created as a video game accessory, and from his conception was based around video games. Goku was not. This argument is actual garbage.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Sakurai already said that manga characters will never be in Smash, so he clearly doesn't want Goku to be in. I doubt this is something he would ever change his mind about.

Chrono.

Isn’t the Best Buy demo period supposed to start today? Anyone know if the BB demos may have been delayed too or?
It starts today, no word of a delay.

No reason it should either, I'm 99% sure it's just the E3 demo as always. In fact, I'd be very surprised if we saw any updated builds in the future.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman

Are you really comparing Goku with Rob...? Rob ORIGINATES FROM a video game, while Goku is not in any way you look at it.

Look up the definition of the word "originate", I think you misunderstood some things there.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I had a bit of a thought.

Samus and Pikachu were established buddies in Subspace Emissary. It would’ve been cool to see Dark Samus and Mimikyu as a foil to that. They’re both Eldritch Monstrosities that hide in shells imitating their rivals. Mimikyu is essentially “Dark Pikachu”. Or Dark Samus is a Samus Mimick.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
>Still debate about Goku getting into Smash.

Why is this even a thing to begin with? Because of Dragon Ball's popularity fans assume he can be in anything? Kek.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Digimon would probably be one of the most shocking wildcards yet.

I know it started off as a Virtual Pet which technically makes it eligible but isn’t it more famously well known for it’s animes?

That could stir a massive load of internet debates where people can assume that Goku and other non game characters can happen because of Digimon content.

That said, I’m nowhere near against it and would be interested to see Agumon, Gabumon, Veemon etc duking it out on the Battlefield.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I knew that, what I meant to say is he hasn't originated from a video game and he's in
I think it's pretty obvious Sakurai still views the Nintendo history aspect pretty important even if the rest of you don't. Theres simply no other reason why G&W and ROB both would be in if specifically Nintendo history didn't matter. Same goes for other obscure characters like Captain Falcon.

Ironically despite people considering them out there additions, I think Wii Fit, Duck Hunt, and Mii would be have decent chances of being in if Nintendo history truly wasn't an important factor, because their impact was much larger than Nintendo unlike half the cast.

Thinking this way, a Hanafuda card or Labo are some of the only possibilities without Nintendo origin. They wouldn't set new precedent (precedent matters a lot for speculation, and it should be obvious why). Characters like Goku would in fact set an entirely new precedent, not follow ROBs.

"It's not about Nintendo" fans have a significantly harder time justifying roster choices.

Edit: also, I'm not massively opposed to Digimon due to virtual pet toys having interesting video game ties. I'm not in favor of it either cuz I'm not about muddying the waters with more 3rd parties, but Digimon is definitely one of the more logical 3rd party choices and it's weird that so few people who want 3rd parties take it seriously

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Digimon would probably be one of the most shocking wildcards yet.

I know it started off as a Virtual Pet which technically makes it eligible but isn’t it more well known famously for it’s animes?

That could stir a massive load of internet debates where people can assume that Goku and other non game characters can happen of because Digimon content.

That said, I’m nowhere near against it and would be interested to see Agumon, Gabumon, Veemon etc duking it out on the Battlefield.
if I can somehow play as birdramon then I'm all for it

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

first is Dark Samus

Adding to my post after that fact. the Inklings also appear to be looking at a none existent character as the other characters in front of her are behind her (as she is one of the farthest forward in that area)

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
R.O.B.'s existence is because of video games. Which kind of makes him a video game character. And being on a nintendo console isn't the only requirement for a character to be allowed in. Else we would've had a different roster by now.

But what makes you think he wants to add in Goku at all? As you said "he does what he wants" so goku being a popular pick might not even matter.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
>Still debate about Goku getting into Smash.

Why is this even a thing to begin with? Because of Dragon Ball's popularity fans assume he can be in anything? Kek.
They just won't understand. I keep telling them that Goku will never ever be in Smash, but they just brush me off.

This is a thing because it started off in Brawl. Someone suggested him in Gamefaqs, and thus it began.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I had a bit of a thought.

Samus and Pikachu were established buddies in Subspace Emissary. It would’ve been cool to see Dark Samus and Mimikyu as a foil to that. They’re both Eldritch Monstrosities that hide in shells imitating their rivals. Mimikyu is essentially “Dark Pikachu”. Or Dark Samus is a Samus Mimick.
That would've been great... too bad Mimkyu got deconfirmed

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Hey I wonder what's going on in SmashBoards!

*logs on*

>Sees Goku stuff.

WELL. SEE YOU GUYS LATER!

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy, here we go...

Digimon was born with Virtual Pets.
Digimon had various games before the Anime.

"Why put Sonic if they can put more Mario characters?"
Aren't virtual pets more like a toy? I don't even think many people know about Agumamon, he doesnt seem to be that popular. You may want to lower your hopes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Name a song more deserving to be in Smash than this one.
Well, as much as I like that theme, here's a few songs I'd prefer. Luckily for me, we got already Central Highway. But Battle Nework has good music too.

A few more that I'd want. A top 10 or something.

Gave me a good excuse to think of some tracks I'd want.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B. is a special case. He was created as a video game accessory, and from his conception was based around video games. Goku was not. This argument is actual garbage.
This. This so much. Like what is the thought process behind thinking that Goku is eligible because Rob is? How in the actual **** can that connection seem logical? It's as absurd as some people saying Banjo can be an echo of Duck Hunt.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Do people ever assume that all Dragon Ball fans want Goku in Smash?

Cause I’m a massive Dragon Ball fan and adding him would be idiotic and opening floodgates to more ineligible characters.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion

I know it started off as a Virtual Pet which technically makes it eligible but isn’t it more famously well known for it’s animes?

That could stir a massive load of internet debates where people can assume that Goku and other non game characters can happen of because Digimon content.

You can see it like that!

But in Japan the Digimon card game and the Digimon vídeo games are alot more popular.
They have new Digimon Virtual Pets almost every year.

And recently the Digimon games are very popular!
Cyber Sleuth, Hackers Memory, Next Order and now Digimon Survive (PS4 and Switch)

The rivalry with Pokémon can help alot.

Last edited:

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Do you think Lara Croft can be the second Square Enix and being a good representative ? Since I think there is enough J-RPG character in smash and mostly that there is two series to complete like Earthbound and Xenoblade.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They just won't understand. I keep telling them that Goku will never ever be in Smash, but they just brush me off.

This is a thing because it started off in Brawl. Someone suggested him in Gamefaqs, and thus it began.
It really goes to show what idiocy that popularity can lead too. :rolleyes:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Look I love Dragon Ball, but actually thinking Goku has a legitimate shot is nothing short of lunacy.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Aren't virtual pets more like a toy? I don't even think many people know about Agumamon, he doesnt seem to be that popular. You may want to lower your hopes.
"Agumon" is actualy very popular.
In the 90s Digimon were more popular then Tekken and Tales of together.

And my Hopes? Im hoping for Agumon for more than 10 years now. Im good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you think Lara Croft can be the second Square Enix and being a good representative ? Since I think there is enough J-RPG character in smash and mostly that there is two series to complete like Earthbound and Xenoblade.
She surely has much better chances then say Master Chief and Scorpion two video game characters that will never happen to begin with. Guess that means we should give Kratos a chance as well?

I'll give her that.

Only question is would the classic or reboot version be used? This might be the case like how DINO (Dante In Name Only) was chosen over the beloved Dante we all know and love for PSASBR.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom