• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Man. I REALLY like Goemon. But I’d feel a little...weird if he got into Smash before Bomberman.
I find it odd that no one discusses Frogger, who by most standards is more iconic than anything else Konami has released.
But that just shows how much we do not consider in the Smash speculation scene.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Actually, have we seen Toon link's FS either? I know everyone think's young link's will be fierce deity, but what about toon link? I guess it's probably still triforce slash
We have, and it's still the same.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Yoshi, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Peach, Daisy, Young Link, Meta Knight, Dark Pit (?), Diddy Kong, Lucario, ROB, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, Mii Fighters, Robin, and Duck Hunt.
There is an image on the official site with Pittoo doing the same pose as his FS from last time, and he has the aura. It's for all intents and purposes confirmed the same.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with Toon Link keeping Triforce Slash, as Wind Waker put the Triforce in the spotlight more than a lot of other Zeldas (no matter how tedious it was in the original).

Also, hello. How is everyone today?

?????????????

Smash Master
There is an image on the official site with Pittoo doing the same pose as his FS from last time, and he has the aura. It's for all intents and purposes confirmed the same.
Yeah. We haven't seen it in action yet, so I was being cautious, but it's preeeetty much confirmed.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these seem to be the ones we haven't seen the Final smashes for, not including echoes:

Yoshi, Peach, Young Link, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B, WFT, Robin, Greninja, the miis, and duck hunt

I think quite a few of these are most likely the same: Meta knight, pokemon trainer, lucario (from brawl), ROB, WFT, Greninja, Duck hunt and the miis

edit: i gotta type quicker :dizzy:

Last edited:

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these seem to be the ones we haven't seen the Final smashes for, not including echoes:

Yoshi, Peach, Young Link, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B, WFT, Robin, Greninja, the miis, and duck hunt

I think quite a few of these are most likely the same: Meta knight, pokemon trainer, lucario (from brawl), ROB, WFT, Greninja, Duck hunt and the miis
Actually it's....

Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Young Link, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Meta Knight, R.O.B, WFT, Robin, Greninja, Miis.

Duck Hunt was confirmed to be the same in the blog post. I count echoes seperately because they can have changed Final Smashes.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm fine with Toon Link keeping Triforce Slash, as Wind Waker put the Triforce in the spotlight more than a lot of other Zeldas (no matter how tedious it was in the original).

Also, hello. How is everyone today?
A neat touch with Toon Links final smash is the Triforce now seems to resemble the ones from Triforce Heroes. At least it seems like that to me.

?????????????

Smash Master

edit: i gotta type quicker :dizzy:
Pokemon Trainer's has been seen; it's Triple Finish again. It wasn't in any official footage, but Trainer was playable in the demo, so people used it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I find it odd that no one discusses Frogger, who by most standards is more iconic than anything else Konami has released.
But that just shows how much we do not consider in the Smash speculation scene.
Yeah, there's gobs of characters that don't get the time of day when the highest requested wants (currently Isaac, Incineroar, Geno, Skull Kid, Bandana Waddle Dee and Banjo-Kazooie) are currently not in yet. Close-minded, but expected.

?????????????

Smash Master
Actually it's....

Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Young Link, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Meta Knight, R.O.B, WFT, Robin, Greninja, Miis.

Duck Hunt was confirmed to be the same in the blog post. I count echoes seperately because they can have changed Final Smashes.
Oh, I see. We haven't "seen" it yet, but it was in Duck Hunt's blog description; I missed that. Maybe it might "look" different? Like a graphical update?? But yeah; this is basically a confirmation.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Ok so the five which definitely have changed or new final smashes, are :ultyoshi::ultpeach::ultdiddy::ultyounglink::ultlucario:

What do yall think they're gonna be? Fierce deity is very likely for young link, I wonder about the others tho

edit: forgot lucario

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Out of all the characters who are still missing their Final Smash, Lucario is the only one who I'd like to see get something different.

Best case scenario, he transforms into Mega Lucario before doing Aura Storm.

?????????????

Smash Master
Out of all the characters who are still missing their Final Smash, Lucario is the only one who I'd like to see get something different.

I'm thinking Greninja will be in a similar boat; possibly the same Final Smash, but becoming Ash-Greninja first.

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
Ok so the four which definitely have changed or new final smashes, are :ultyoshi::ultpeach::ultdiddy::ultyounglink:

What do yall think they're gonna be? Fierce deity is very likely for young link, I wonder about the others tho
Peach might still keep Peach Blossom. Which would be the worst case scenario but we saw a Peach in Bowser's trailer :(

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Peach might still keep Peach Blossom. Which would be the worst case scenario but we saw a Peach in Bowser's trailer :(
Really? I thought they'd most likely change it to a quick cinematic final smash like most others but I guess it doesn't really stop the gameplay so it could be the same

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ok so the four which definitely have changed or new final smashes, are :ultyoshi::ultpeach::ultdiddy::ultyounglink:

Yoshi: Probably that ridonkulous egg from New Island, but I might be wrong.
Peach: Emotion powers from SPP, drown the opponent with tears, singe them out of anger and kill them with happiness/kindness.
Diddy: Rocketbarrel Barrage cutscene, although the Guitar Gazump might be a possibility.
Young Link: Probably a slightly-altered copypaste of the other Links, unfortunately.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Yoshi: Probably that ridonkulous egg from New Island, but I might be wrong.
Peach: Emotion powers from SPP, drown the opponent with tears, singe them out of anger and kill them with happiness/kindness.
Diddy: Rocketbarrel Barrage cutscene, although the Guitar Gazump might be a possibility.
Young Link: Probably a slightly-altered copypaste of the other Links, unfortunately.
I doubt young link would have one like the other two, especially if skull kid gets in and he's supposed to be more majora based, in which the triforce isn't even present, but I guess you never really know. I would love Diddy's to be the guitar, and for peaches to be from SPP, those two games need more love

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

So basically Lucario going Super Saiyan before unleashing the Kamehameha. I dig it. XD

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ok so the five which definitely have changed or new final smashes, are :ultyoshi::ultpeach::ultdiddy::ultyounglink::ultlucario:

edit: forgot lucario
Sadly, I could easily see Young Link inheriting Link's old FS. Maybe he'll transform into Fierce Deity first, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything fundamentally unique.

Peach can stay the same. Bayo's didn't change, and it has a similar function to Peach's. Although, it's gonna look weird as heck if Daisy has the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom