• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
With the Nintendo Direct being delayed in respect of the people who were affected by the most recent Japan earthquake, you would think that Nintendo would also respect the United States and the 9/11 attack anniversary; it's definitely not a good day for those who still have the scars from that tragedy.
WWE has had multiple events on 9/11 ever since the attacks, so Nintendo posting a Direct isn’t really a problem (especially if they pay their respects in any way that day)
Nintendo doesn’t do announcements on weekends.
...they announced the Smash Direct during EVO weekend (Sunday)

D

Deleted member

I would rather have Richter get the Holy Water item break but it's likely just the Grand Cross.

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
WWE has had multiple events on 9/11 ever since the attacks, so Nintendo posting a Direct isn’t really a problem (especially if they pay their respects in any way that day)

...they announced the Smash Direct during EVO weekend (Sunday)
There’s nothing really special happening this time, whilst obviously Nintendo sponsored EVO.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I sense a announcement today or tomorrow for the direct
If the Direct is for Tuesday, then the announcement could be tomorrow or Monday
If the Direct is for Monday, then the announcement is today or tomorrow
If the Direct is for Sunday, then the announcement is today
If the Direct is for today, then the announcement is today

3/4 of them involve it being announced today....I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist with this. XD This is what happens when you are diagnosed with Nintendodirectitis.

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
We still are missing a few character's final smashes like Yoshi and Diddy Kong. Maybe Peach's new final smash will be the Psych Bomb from Mario RPG.
Oooooh, I would love that! If Geno makes it in the game that's certainly a possibility.

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, some desicions around some of the characters, especially the echoes, seem like a missed chance. Daisy in this game is taking stuff from Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario RPG, instead of the sports games she is in. Lucina’s Final Smash is from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon...even though she was never in that game.

I theorised the reason why Daisy still might have turnips is due to being able to read the faces easier.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
What happens if a natural disaster occurs everyday up until smash's release date?
I mean, I doubt people would care about video games at that point and would just be worried about wtf is going on with the world. Everyone would probably be doing a fair bit of mourning as well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, some desicions around some of the characters, especially the echoes, seem like a missed chance. Daisy in this game is taking stuff from Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario RPG, instead of the sports games she is in. Lucina’s Final Smash is from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon...even though she was never in that game.
I mean tbf critical hits are in every FE and Awakening's crit animations were boring as hell

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
If the Direct is for Tuesday, then the announcement could be tomorrow or Monday
If the Direct is for Monday, then the announcement is today or tomorrow
If the Direct is for Sunday, then the announcement is today
If the Direct is for today, then the announcement is today

3/4 of them involve it being announced today....I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist with this. XD This is what happens when you are diagnosed with Nintendodirectitis.
No, this is pretty basic statistics and process of elimination. Nothing wrong with that. The only variable is Nintendo’s announcement to direct ratio. Lol

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
Well, I can’t see Daisy getting an out of character Final Smash, because then the personality point would be completely rendered moot. But I do wonder, why they never showed her and Peach at Gamescom.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There’s nothing really special happening this time, whilst obviously Nintendo sponsored EVO.
Special or not, they still made a weekend announcement for a Direct
She’s had a more constant presence in the games (pretty much is the 4th playable character in games like Shuffle, the Advance games, one of the first 4 unlocked in Secret Rings, already unlocked in the Riders games and part the story mode of first two instead of Shadow ) and non-Sonic media ( has a statue in PSO and PSU with Sonic and Tails, added to Puyo Puyo Quest with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles in the first event, appears in Dragon Coins with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, playable in Virtua Striker with S, T, K and Eggy ) and has also made more consistent appearances since Unleashed than Shadow has. Lost World straight up just has Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy in it.

And I’m only bringing this up because among the “main 4” Tails is more popular than Amy.

It’s more like a main 6. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Shadow.
Tails is more popular than anyone not named Sonic or Shadow, but Amy is most definitely the 4th most important hero in the Sonic universe (then when Eggman is in the equation, she’s no.5 overall)

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
Is Peach one of the hardest characters to make and finish in terms of Smash characters? She wasn’t in the E3 demo, and she seems to have gotten a mini-revamp of sorts and a new clone character. She does look kind of buggy in footage we have seen so far...

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Speaking of final smashes, have we seen Lucario's? I feel they might make it the brawl one again since transformation don't exist anymore

Iridium

Smash Hero
Speaking of final smashes, have we seen Lucario's? I feel they might make it the brawl one again since transformation don't exist anymore
Not yet. Aura Storm was nice to look at, so that with Mega Lucario would be even nicer.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Is Peach one of the hardest characters to make and finish in terms of Smash characters? She wasn’t in the E3 demo, and she seems to have gotten a mini-revamp of sorts and a new clone character. She does look kind of buggy in footage we have seen so far...
That title probably belongs to Kirby, considering his neutral special.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That title probably belongs to Kirby, considering his neutral special.
I'm surprised they didn't make copy abilities more like how they actually are in Kirby games, to make him easier to develop.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, I doubt people would care about video games at that point and would just be worried about wtf is going on with the world. Everyone would probably be doing a fair bit of mourning as well.
You know, it's pretty telling that when something happens to Japan, we're concerned about whether they're all going to survive, while they have standard procedures set up for this kind of emergency to the point of practically going "Oh no, not again! :facepalm:".

Special or not, they still made a weekend announcement for a Direct

Tails is more popular than anyone not named Sonic or Shadow, but Amy is most definitely the 4th most important hero in the Sonic universe (then when Eggman is in the equation, she’s no.5 overall)
I wouldn't mind seeing her make it before Blaze, she can be hammer buddies with Dedede and the Icies!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Just saying.

We now have casltvania in smash. Simon also appeared in an rpg. Goemon gaiden 2. He was a playable character. It is true. He also had a relative appear in the goemon hell manga.

We need to reunite them. Vote goemon. Beg sukurai, like i am begging you.

He is to coll to pass up.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I do see what you said, but Sakurai said that he wanted to remove all transformations. Something like making FS quicker
That's not a transformation FS though, He's saying it should be the brawl final smash, but lucario should just turn mega for the animation, like mewtwo does for his FS

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So what's the general opinion on the stage count here?

I still don't think we're getting any characters that would require a stage, and given how many stages there are. I think that eliminates pretty much any character from unrepresented franchises. Even some characters from represented franchises I consider a bit unlikely because of it, especially Elma and Rex (and to a lesser extent Geno, but I considered him unlikely to begin with)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Now I almost want to see Lucario's FS make some subtle DB reference, so that everyone goes crazy with analyses again.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if i believe the whole Rhythm Heaven Rep being Karate Joe thing but he would be a cool wacky character. But if that's the case i hope it's not the only reveal.

?????????????

Smash Master
Just saying.

We now have casltvania in smash. Simon also appeared in an rpg. Goemon gaiden 2. He was a playable character. It is true. He also had a relative appear in the goemon hell manga.

We need to reunite them. Vote goemon. Beg sukurai, like i am begging you.

He is to coll to pass up.
Man. I REALLY like Goemon. But I’d feel a little...weird if he got into Smash before Bomberman.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Indeed. The one elephant in the room that hasn't been considered for Smash yet (besides shooter properties like Doom and Duke Nukem), is Mortal Kombat. That series regularly is Hokuto no Ken levels of violent.

It's a shame that Japan doesn't care about it at all, since it was a pretty big deal back in the day of the Sega and Nintendo feud:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ned_the_console_war_between_sega_and_nintendo
Id like to point out that as a media franchise, Mortal Kombat is one of the highest-grossing of all time.
That list seriously should be viewed by anyone counting Mortal Kombat out. Japan's opinion is of course important, but that list details vast pools of media: Harry Potter, Middle-Earth, Mario, Hello Kitty, Minecraft, the MCU.
Mortal Kombat is a financial powerhouse that would be difficult for Nintendo to overlook. Don't forget it is much more than a video game.
But I'm a big Mortal Kombat fan. It's in fact one of the few mature franchises that is playful enough for me to enjoy fully. Let's chat more.

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Actually, have we seen Toon link's FS either? I know everyone think's young link's will be fierce deity, but what about toon link? I guess it's probably still triforce slash

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Man. I REALLY like Goemon. But I’d feel a little...weird if he got into Smash before Bomberman.
Bomberman is an at now. Bless his fate. We must look past that and accept goemon is the next big name.

Or you know. Konami gets off its butt and make a smash game with all its properities already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom