• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Say, everyone, I have an idea! How many artists are there around here? They could draw an image to support Japan in this time of crisis, with Isabelle wearing a hard hat and saying "Hang in there, everybody!", while confirmed and unconfirmed characters help out people (e.g. Shantae in elephant form rescuing people trapped under rubble, K. Rool with people riding on his back to get them out of water, Incineroar channeling his inner Naoto Date and giving supplies to people, etc). If such an image could be spread everywhere possible, it would help to get everyone to know about these events, and give out moral support.

Also, Zinith Zinith , it looks like you won't need to wonder about Yoshi's Flipping title anymore:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...y_revealed_the_title_of_next_years_yoshi_game

In the meantime the Smash blog will just post stuff we already know until next week, like character profiles or stages, I don't see the big deal.
Except that the Japanese side is usually always updated first. What will the other countries do if Japan's side is AWOL?

It'd be nice if Nintendo a quick cheap port of a classic game on the E'shop, and put the profits from the game to help support those suffering at the moment
On that note, I'll see if I can get a 3DS points card tomorrow, every little bit helps.

I never actually thought that buying Wario Land rereleases would help to save lives.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Palutena was in 1986, Villager was since the 64 (Animal Crossing's original console in Japan), Dark Samus was in 2004 (and even earlier if you want to get technical) and so was Zero Suit Samus
Shut up and let me take my green goddess and axe murderer child.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If we're gonna do a 12 man roster for those who debuted after 2005? Cool

:ultbayonetta::ultrosalina::ultinkling::ultrobin:ultdarkpit::ultwiifittrainer:
:ultlucas::ultdarksamus::ultshulk::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultmiifighters:

Bayonetta, Lucas, Miis, and Wii Fit Trainer can be the unlockables

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
All these Smash remakes with old characters made me think: What kind of 12 fighter roster would you make with only characters debuted after 2005?
This is certainly an odd prompt...

I’d give Rosalina, Midna, Magalor, Lucario, Diancie, Chrom, Corrin, Inkling, Shulk, Elma, Matthew, Mii

I guess these work??

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Zinith Zinith Come here, Nintendo just whispered me something that you're gonna like: Yoshi's Crafted World! That's a new world where you can eat everything! You like fire? You can now eat them!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean they're still advertisements, the entire event is "Wow! Look at all this! Makes you want to give us money, huh?"
Essentially, but it could've been worded more eloquently than just saying "Oh, these are just advertisements who cares".

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What kind of time frame are people thinking for the direct? And will they still wait to announce it until the day before or say something as soon as they've decided? I'm interested to know what people think.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
All these Smash remakes with old characters made me think: What kind of 12 fighter roster would you make with only characters debuted after 2005?
:ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultshulk::ultlucas::ultlucina::ultcorrin:
:ultwiifittrainer::ultdarkpit:(Elma) (Chorus Kids) (Rex & Pyra) (Springman)

Did my research on all and yes, Dark Pit is technically after 2005, he debuted in Uprising (2012)

blazefan519

Smash Ace
One of the games for the direct has been leaked. I suggest you be very careful around the internet until this direct launches if you want to avoid spoilers
I assume this is the Yoshi game, correct?
Anyways, real sad to hear what happened with the Earthquakes in Hokkaido. I give the families who lost someone my condolences. I've heard people say that this is a hint towards Isaac's inclusion because he has Earth magic, but that's honestly disgusting to use a natural disaster as evidence for a character's inclusion. I thought we were better than this.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
What kind of time frame are people thinking for the direct? And will they still wait to announce it until the day before or say something as soon as they've decided? I'm interested to know what people think.
I don't see it not being next week. Nintendo are hinging on this direct to bolster their Q4, and the longer the wait the more of a risk of it getting leaked.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I'm thinking we'll get it on the weekend or Monday.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Anyways, real sad to hear what happened with the Earthquakes in Hokkaido. I give the families who lost someone my condolences. I've heard people say that this is a hint towards Isaac's inclusion because he has Earth magic, but that's honestly disgusting to use a natural disaster as evidence for a character's inclusion. I thought we were better than this.
Agreed. This is very disgusting to hear that the delay was because of Isaac.

Reminder, again (Not toward you, Blaze. Toward everyone else): The delay wasn't because of Isaac. The delay was due to the earthquake, and also due to the internet being down.

The cause was NOT him. Stop blaming him.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I wouldn't know, all I know is that one of my friends mentioned that a game has been leaked. May have been the Yoshi game I mentioned a few hours ago though.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I thought we were too.

Granted, I think most of the Smash/gaming community is definitely better than this. But it only takes a few idiots to damage the reputation of the greater whole.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
On the topic of Isaac potentially being revealed

A lot of Japan is without power so they probably would have delayed the direct regardless of what was shown

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Is that Dengeki Nintendo magazine poll real or not?

Some people say it's a fake made by the "Lloyd leaker" and other people say the results are real, but the pic was made on discord.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Out of the Smash thoeries I've heard. The Trailer delay because of Isaac's Earthquake is the most ridiculous one I have ever heard. And is incredibly disrespectful. This is the kind of things that some fans do that makes some people turn against a character's inclusion.
A handful of people in the know have insinuated the Direct was in part pushed back due to content within that would be deemed insensitive due to the timing. We have no way of knowing what the specific offending material is, but theorizing, not joking, not celebrating, not chastising Nintendo for their decision, nor minimizing that what's important is the country's wellbeing (all of which people have done) - just theorizing an explanation behind the claims - that's only as disrespectful as you let it be.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The fact that some Smash fans are outright using a literal disaster incident as speculation is not only idiotic and desperate, but shows that this community has hit a new low.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they cut out Isaac's reveal and instead uses another newcomer in his place to prevent the amounts of things people might say how this earthquake was hinting towards him...It'd just be distasteful of them of those people knowing some of the Smash community...:glare:

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I mean what if it turns out to be true? What if Nintendo actually help off on the direct because it held some content which would be a bit inappropriate considering the Earthquake, like for example Isaac's Earth powers (though I know close to nothing about Isaac today is actually the first I heard about his Earth powers). I mean Nintendo does have a precedent for it, apparently they cut/didn't show an episode of Pokemon after an earthquake because during the episode the move earthquake was used. I don't think it's an unreasonable thing to notice. I'm more mad with the ones complaining about the delay.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I hear talk of Laura mentioning something? Can someone fill me in on what she said, I've been sick this whole entire week and have been really out of it.
I mean what if it turns out to be true? What if Nintendo actually help off on the direct because it held some content which would be a bit inappropriate considering the Earthquake, like for example Isaac's Earth powers (though I know close to nothing about Isaac today is actually the first I heard about his Earth powers). I mean Nintendo does have a precedent for it, apparently they cut/didn't show an episode of Pokemon after an earthquake because during the episode the move earthquake was used. I don't think it's an unreasonable thing to notice. I'm more mad with the ones complaining about the delay.
A lot of places in Japan are without power meaning they wouldn't have been able to show the direct regardless. I honestly doubt Isaac has anything to do with it.

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I wouldn't know, all I know is that one of my friends mentioned that a game has been leaked. May have been the Yoshi game I mentioned a few hours ago though.
I think almost everyone knew the Yoshi game was going to be shown in the Direct after going silent on it for a year and a half.
On the topic of Isaac potentially being revealed

A lot of Japan is without power so they probably would have delayed the direct regardless of what was shown
Yeah, the "the Direct was delayed because Isaac was the next character and he uses earth-bending powers" argument is ridiculous.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Here's an idea similar to the "12/26 Man Roster Game":

Who here knows the fan game Super Smash Land, the GameBoy styled demake of Smash Bros. that features :ultmario::ultlink::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultmegaman: and :134:? Whether or not you might know where I'm going with this, here's the game:

Make a hypothetical roster for a DS Smash Bros. game. The limitations for this are:
1. The roster must be comprised of 16 characters.
2. The cast must be made of characters who debuted in 2005 or earlier. (For example, no 4th generation Pokémon)
3. You must consider system limitations, meaning that certain mechanics cannot work, such as transforming/swapping characters, Pikmin always following Olimar, and having Nana alongside Popo.
4. Each franchise is limited to 3 representatives at maximum. (DK, Yoshi and Wario are separate from Mario)
5. Only 1 3rd Party character is allowed on the roster. It's completely optional, though.
6. History of characters in Smash doesn't apply, so you can replace Pichu with a different Johto Pokémon for all I care, or exclude DK and Fox, knock yourselves out. However, the roster is required to have :ultmario::ultlink::ultkirby::ultpikachu:NO MATTER WHAT.

Now with that all said and done, have fun. I will be making my roster later, as I have a class starting in a few minutes.
:ultmario::ultlink::ultkirby::ultpikachu:
:ultdk::ultsamus::ultpit::ultfox:
:ultwario::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultmegaman:
:ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkingdedede::ultmewtwo:

The bottom row would be unlockable boss characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I hear talk of Laura mentioning something? Can someone fill me in on what she said, I've been sick this whole entire week and have been really out of it.
Laura said something in the direct caused the delay and it would be obvious once we see it. People are speculating on if it was a Smash character despite Laura saying a game, meaning some believe it could be Daemon X Machina

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Laura said that we should expect leaks, because companies has been planning to say things today and tomorrow.
Oh okay, thanks. Basically, be mindful of your surroundings.
Laura said something in the direct caused the delay and it would be obvious once we see it. People are speculating on if it was a Smash character despite Laura saying a game, meaning some believe it could be Daemon X Machina
I see then. I'm of the belief that it's Daemon X Machina too, now that I'm thinking about it.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they cut out Isaac's reveal and instead uses another newcomer in his place to prevent the amounts of things people might say how this earthquake was hinting towards him...It'd just be distasteful of them of those people knowing some of the Smash community...:glare:
TBH I doubt Nintendo of Japan have even noticed that buzz, they're probably more concerned about dealing with the current situation, the delay, and things getting leaked

Potato_

Smash Lord
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/1037738285240602624
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/1037734752906891265

People, this "theory" is possibly legit. Nintendo might actually edit or remove something from the Direct due to the recent events. Not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but when a journalist that is in the know like Laura posts stuff like this, it makes sense to at least CONSIDER the idea.

And no, there's no indication that it's smash related. It could be related to Daemon X Machina like someone mentioned, or something else we don't even know about yet.

Untouch

Smash Master
Could be several games.
Maybe they're bringing Disaster: Day of Crisis over to the switch or something.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Seriously, it’s like saying a building in Kyoto near Nintendo is catching on fire while victims are being evacuated and meanwhile idiots are going “OMG INCINAROAR CONFIRMED*.

Like come on...

And the Waluigi incident was only from two trolls that made people stereotype the Waluigi fanbase as it is.

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
There are going to be leaks and the title of Yoshi's game is proof of it. Retailers, media, web portals... they all have the information because the Direct's delay was made less than 24h in advance. Some of it is going to get leaked and it's a fact. Nintendo shouldn't delay the Direct too much if they want to maintain its effect.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Here's a game for you fellas and felletes.

Pick a new third party from each company... But pick someone who has not seen a noteable amount of support. As in, not seen much on polls, barely EVER talked about, and stuff like that. Dig deep.

For the sake of consistency, they have to have been on a Nintendo platform in some capacity.

SEGA: Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars)
Capcom: Harp Note (Mega Man Starforce)
Namco: Mappy/Valkyrie
Konami: A Dance Dance Revolution rep
Square Enix: Marche (FF Tactics Advance)
Sega: Joe Musashi
Capcom: Birkin's Final Mutated form
Namco-Bandai: Renamon
Konami: Moai Head (oh! Or Sparkster!)
Square Enix: Pocket HD Gladio

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
You know to assume the reason for the delay is that the direct makes mention to natural disaster itself I think is just over reaching, as it's not like the country hasn't been dealing with a serious typhoon. It's entirely possible the earthquake in and of itself has just caused complications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom