• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Someone on the Geno thread mentioned that two songs were uploaded to the Smash Bros. channel, and one of them was called "Temple of Pandora", implying God of War music/Kratos as a character. Now I can't seem to find the post.

Am I going crazy, or are Nintendo ninjas on the job? I've seen leakers get shut down on this site, but never have their posts removed.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just hopped on, so I have no idea what the context of this is. But this was my thought exactly: aren't Directs pre-recorded, not live? I can understand if they didn't want to air it out of respect, but wouldn't it have taken them a button press to do it if they already had everything edited together?
Would be a real ****ty thing to do to try and bring the world's attention to video games while this is going on in their home country.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Someone on the Geno thread mentioned that two songs were uploaded to the Smash Bros. channel, and one of them was called "Temple of Pandora", implying God of War music/Kratos as a character. Now I can't seem to find the post.

Am I going crazy, or are Nintendo ninjas on the job? I've seen leakers get shut down on this site, but never have their posts removed.
More likely a Kid Icarus thing if it’s true.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Could you imagine? But yeah Pandora is from KI,she made :ultdarkpit: I think?

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Men, I've been playing 'Shantae Slumber Party in Idiotland' and she REALLY insist in her ULTIMATE party. Guess she's at least an AT, if those are not trolling hints I don't know what they are.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

If I'm not mistaken, they don't title their music on YouTube anymore. They just use numbers.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Would be a real ****ty thing to do to try and bring the world's attention to video games while this is going on in their home country.
I guess I can understand that, but it's not like "the world" would have been watching a Nintendo Direct.

D

Deleted member

Even if it was true(which it's not, GoW has never even touched a Nintendo platform and I doubt Somy would ever be okay with it when they don't even allow crossplay), Pandora is a character in Kid Icarus with her own stage so it would likely be something from that.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The only thing that stinks, aside from Japan being hit by am earthquake, is that this Direct will likely get leaked if the delay isn't prompt.
I'm so glad we can keep a natural disaster causing the deaths of at least seven people in proper context.

Seriously. Some of the posts in this thread make me embarrassed to be a part of it.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
There are theories that Isaac was supposed to be announced here. He uses a lot of Earth based attacks in Golden Sun.
Well Isaac literally has an attack called earthquake

This is sort of off-topic, but are there any video game companies at all that are affected by the recent natural disasters?
Apparently the developers of Mario Party were hit by it

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I guess I can understand that, but it's not like "the world" would have been watching a Nintendo Direct.
I didn't literally mean the entire world, dude. It was timed for a viewing that would be reasonable in the East and the West for a reason. Instead of being in the middle of the night (read: early hours of the morning), it'd be at 6PM EST, 11PM BST, and 7AM Japan time.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Could you imagine? But yeah Pandora is from KI,she made :ultdarkpit: I think?
Still unusual to see the post has been removed, though. If it was real, and it was Kid Icarus music and another unknown song, I hope more people look into it later today.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
It's heartwarming to see that a lot of people here care deeply for the events in Japan, and I stand alongside them.

At the same time, it's quite sickening to see some of you upset you can't get your viddygame fix when there are people dead or lost. It's fair to be a bit let down, but if you put anything Smash related in anywhere near as high a priority as aiding those affected, you're disgusting.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I'm so glad we can keep a natural disaster causing the deaths of at least seven people in proper context.

Seriously. Some of the posts in this thread make me embarrassed to be a part of it.
It's a forum about Smash discussion, I see no problem with what he said. It's a lot better than a bunch of people writing meaningless attention posts for a day going "my thoughts and prayers go out to _______" like it's supposed to mean something or like the people being affected by the earthquake have their eyes glued to a ****ing Smash forum (of all places) and will even see it.

In other words, yes, be sad about it, but it's not like attention posts are helping

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
I wonder when they will show the direct. An earthquake is not something easy that you can come back from so I'm guessing we will have to wait a week or even two

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For the record, using the opportunity to prop yourselves up on soap boxes isn't really appropriate either.

Back to the dumb never ending leak conversations, yeah?

Wambo

Smash Ace
I guess we shouldn't be surprised at more KI music, but I myself forgot about KI Pandora.... whoops
I'm still curious about what the other song apparently was. I wish I payed more attention to the original post now...

D

Deleted member

For the record, using the opportunity to prop yourselves up on soap boxes isn't really appropriate either.

Back to the dumb never ending leak conversations, yeah?
We always seem to get a lot of mileage out of Gothitelle being an Echo of Gardevoir. Shall we head back to that?

It almost seems better to discuss something non-Smash related for a bit, but since this is the thread specifically for Smash discussion, it may not be allowed. Kinda puts our discussion topics down to only a few:
* Who's the new Pokemon rep
* Skull Kid & Isaac's chances
* Discussing September leaks and their likelihood of being correct (which is difficult to do as there is no thread compiling all of them for easy access)

Pakky

Smash Hero
I want Darkstalkers on the Switch...

I think Nintendo fans would like the cast.

Last edited:

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
It's a forum about Smash discussion, I see no problem with what he said. It's a lot better than a bunch of people writing meaningless attention posts for a day going "my thoughts and prayers go out to _______" like it's supposed to mean something or like the people being affected by the earthquake have their eyes glued to a ****ing Smash forum (of all places) and will even see it.

In other words, yes, be sad about it, but it's not like attention posts are helping
I tend to disagree here. People don’t go to YouTube to watch advertisements, yet advertising apparently helps work up a profit anyway. Solidarity and moments of respect are a powerful way to remember perspective, promote empathy for those affected, and most importantly, inspire action. It’s true these sentiments have more actual effect on the people sharing them, but they can also indirectly affect real impact as well. It’s good that video games can bring people together like this, in important, meaningful ways.

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet
My heart goes out to everyone in Japan effected by the earthquake. Delaying the direct was the correct move. I hope they get the help they need ASAP. Prayers for them.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

You don't see anything at all wrong with saying the only bad thing, *aside from the earthquake resulting in loss of life*, is a possible leak in one sentence? Really?

That false equivalence and dismissal of a very real tragedy in favor of the horrors of a leaked video with how it was phrased are insensitive and ignorant. And you have my pity if you honestly can't see that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hope everyone in Japan stays safe, including, of course, all of the Japanese users here.

Anyway, now that Chrom is in, Celica is easily my most wanted newcomer. I'm not expecting her by any means, but I'm not totally ruling her out either (given that development for SoV would have been underway when Sakurai asked for Corrin in 4). She'd be an amazing and dynamic character. In general I just wish more people brought her up, especially as she's one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters not yet in Smash (beating out some of the current roster, even) among the Fire Emblem fanbase.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The earthquake incident could also delay Smash Ultimate's development as well. The worst case scenario would be that the game gets delayed past Christmas time, but this has happened more than once.
Do you know if the headquarters for any of the developers were affected?

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
You don't see anything at all wrong with saying the only bad thing, *aside from the earthquake resulting in loss of life*, is a possible leak in one sentence? Really?

That false equivalence and dismissal of a very real tragedy in favor of the horrors of a leaked video with how it was phrased are insensitive and ignorant. And you have my pity if you honestly can't see that.
You can argue that he made a false equivalence between the two "tragedies" but you can't argue that he outright dismissed it because that is not the case.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
To be brutally honest, I would feel a lot better if the Direct was just cancelled outright. People are losing their lives for God's sake and all people care about is their precious probability of Smash news, let alone anything. It's extremely repulsive and I feel like the people who act like this make us not deserve a Direct at all and instead just get a text dump detailing the online service. Shameful, it is.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It's heartwarming to see that a lot of people here care deeply for the events in Japan, and I stand alongside them.

At the same time, it's quite sickening to see some of you upset you can't get your viddygame fix when there are people dead or lost. It's fair to be a bit let down, but if you put anything Smash related in anywhere near as high a priority as aiding those affected, you're disgusting.
I've been to Japan and the people were very nice and polite to me when I went there on holiday a few years ago. I just hope that everyone in Hokkaido is safe.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
To be brutally honest, I would feel a lot better if the Direct was just cancelled outright. People are losing their lives for God's sake and all people care about is their precious probability of Smash news, let alone anything. It's extremely repulsive and I feel like the people who act like this make us not deserve a Direct at all and instead just get a text dump detailing the online service. Shameful, it is.
I mean they can't exactly cancel it with their online service in just a few short weeks. That'll throw their entire fiscal plan out the window.

If this was literally any other direct I can see where you'd be coming from but there's simply too much on the line for this one.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You can argue that he made a false equivalence between the two "tragedies" but you can't argue that he outright dismissed it because that is not the case.
Let's try a similar example that isn't Smash related, then I'll drop it.

"The only bad thing, aside from Hurricane Katrina, is that the New Orleans public swimming pools have a lot of competition now."

False equivalence is a form of dismissal. While the person I quoted most likely didn't mean to do so, that passive dismissal in favor of what's truly important-- videogame advertisement-- has been all over this thread and social media in general this morning. And it should be called out so those ignorant of what they're doing realize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom