• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Back to the dumb never ending leak conversations, yeah?
Well, we best be prepared for some actual ones in unforeseen higher probability, now that maybe some insiders might have managed to get the view into the Direct itself.

Since it seems like some while too before actual Direct, this might pose bit of an open window for a while now. Best we keep our eyes open.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
To be brutally honest, I would feel a lot better if the Direct was just cancelled outright. People are losing their lives for God's sake and all people care about is their precious probability of Smash news, let alone anything. It's extremely repulsive and I feel like the people who act like this make us not deserve a Direct at all and instead just get a text dump detailing the online service. Shameful, it is.
Now now, don't punish the many for the sins of the few. The only reason there seems to be so many people with that mindset is because they stick out like massive sore thumbs amongst the rest of the world that is being sympathetic.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Why can't we make a single post expressing our concerns for Japan before going back to normal speculation? Seriously, we're gonna spend the entire day making a huge theatrical out of this because everyone wants to play the role of a pastor and preach to the thread.

I genuinely appreciate those of you who are trying to spark normal discussion.

Never did I think this picture would be so relevant.
View attachment 162204
Ike: "You'll get no birdies from me!"

To be brutally honest, I would feel a lot better if the Direct was just cancelled outright. People are losing their lives for God's sake and all people care about is their precious probability of Smash news, let alone anything. It's extremely repulsive and I feel like the people who act like this make us not deserve a Direct at all and instead just get a text dump detailing the online service. Shameful, it is.
Yeah, it's sickening. GameFaqs in particular is being just awful (though no real surprise there)

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
For clarity. The earthquakes didn't seriously effect any of the major cities. Kyoto wasn't even really touched. You don't have to worry about Ultimate getting delayed, or the online getting delayed, or any of that stuff. You really shouldn't be worried about that. What we should be worried about are the people who were effected by this disaster. There's been tragedies today and it wouldn't be right for people to be losing it over a Direct in such hard times.

However, we do need to continue speculation with class. Maybe speculating about what this tragedy does to the game isn't exactly the best way to do that. I dunno. Maybe I'm too sensitive but seeing people worry about what this does to the Online or game itself just kinda irks me a bit.
It is really sad when natural disasters strike anywhere in the world, but don't fear to much a about the lives in hakkaido, Japan over the years has created a very good natural disaster prevention system usually its so good that sometimes there are no casualties. And with Global warming, things like hurricanes will become coming practice.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Found out my friend doesn't live near Hokkaido. He didn't feel a thing

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Ah, woke up to hearing the delay. Shame, but not totally unexpected considering what they're going through.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why can't we make a single post expressing our concerns for Japan before going back to normal speculation? Seriously, we're gonna spend the entire day making a huge theatrical out of this because everyone wants to play the role of a pastor and preach to the thread.

The conversation will naturally progress back to that. At the moment though, people are just waking up to the news and are posting their thoughts-- some gracefully, some absolutely not.

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
im worried about 2 things...

is everyone at Nintendo ok?

and im also worried that this is just a before shock earthquake
2 big before-shocks happend before the big one happend in 2011

also mad that a program that i use that works all the time finely didn't work for notefieing this earthquake... and the fact the news seems to be ignoring about this.

worried for that town that got covered up by a mudslide.... for now the death count is at 9 and not in the 100+

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If the Direct gets delayed or Smash Ultimate gets delayed, it's fine. It's not a big deal. As one of the people in Papa Geno's most recent videos said, 'the Direct (and Smash Bros for that matter) can wait; the lives of the people cannot.'

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I hope everyone in Japan stays safe, including, of course, all of the Japanese users here.

Anyway, now that Chrom is in, Celica is easily my most wanted newcomer. I'm not expecting her by any means, but I'm not totally ruling her out either (given that development for SoV would have been underway when Sakurai asked for Corrin in 4). She'd be an amazing and dynamic character. In general I just wish more people brought her up, especially as she's one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters not yet in Smash (beating out some of the current roster, even) among the Fire Emblem fanbase.
I'd be down with celica, she'd seemingly work as a robin echo and I like her design, plus getting another fe character that isn't from awakening would be a plus. And I'm always here for more female characters too.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910

Ike: "You'll get no birdies from me!"
If your family or ANYONE you knew were affected by a natural disaster in any way you would probably be stayed up at night trying to figure out ways to reach them. A lot of people here, have family freinds or just a close connection to japan in general, a lot of people just want to spread the word thats all.

So when do you all predict the new direct date will be?
Next Thursday

Wambo

Smash Ace
The conversation will naturally progress back to that. At the moment though, people are just waking up to the news and are posting their thoughts-- some gracefully, some absolutely not.
Okay sir, make sure to let us know when we're free to continue talking about Smash.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'd be down with celica, she'd seemingly work as a robin echo and I like her design, plus getting another fe character that isn't from awakening would be a plus. And I'm always here for more female characters too.
Another female-only character would be nice too, as opposed to the male-only or dual-gendered FE characters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Could you imagine? But yeah Pandora is from KI,she made :ultdarkpit: I think?
In a way she did
Pandora made the Mirror of Truth and she alongside Medusa intended for Pit to have an evil clone made to fight him...only the mirror was broken by Pit when he kicked the mirror to many pieces before the cloning was complete, meaning Pittoo is a flawed clone. All creations from the MoT except him are meant to serve the Underworld Army
Does anyone from a Nintendo game smoke?

Just thought about that...
Rodin might be the closest to a Nintendo character smoking
Even if it was true(which it's not, GoW has never even touched a Nintendo platform and I doubt Somy would ever be okay with it when they don't even allow crossplay), Pandora is a character in Kid Icarus with her own stage so it would likely be something from that.
More likely a Kid Icarus thing if it’s true.
None of the songs about Pandora have that name (only “Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit”, “Into the Labyrinth”, and “Scorched Feathers (Parts 1 and 2)”), so it ain’t a Kid Icarus song unless it’s a new song made based on Kid Icarus
I guess we shouldn't be surprised at more KI music, but I myself forgot about KI Pandora.... whoops
I’d be surprised if “Dog’s Theme”, “Lightning Battle”, and “Aurum Island” aren’t in

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay sir, make sure to let us know when we're free to continue talking about Smash.
I'm not sure what you're trying to imply there. I'm commenting on the state of affairs, not dictating discourse. If anything, the post I was quoting was trying to dictate things.

But uh, good job.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Have they ever done Directs on a Sunday though? I'm honestly not sure.
Not to my knowledge. I don't remember any that didn't happen on a weekday. I think they intentionally try to avoid competing with weekend events.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Not to my knowledge. I don't remember any that didn't happen on a weekday. I think they intentionally try to avoid competing with weekend events.
Yeah that's what I thought. I've only ever seen them fall on Monday (in America) or Thursday (in America)

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Reminder Wambo was liking transphobic posts back during the meltdown, don't give him any attention, the guy is just an asshole.
Not Space Grimace!

The game you silly!
They made a game based on the Power Stone?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So when do you all predict the new direct date will be?
Probably within a week or two. I doubt this will throw a massive wrench in Nintendo's schedule, and I think more than a few people are overreacting.

If your family or ANYONE you knew were affected by a natural disaster in any way you would probably be stayed up at night trying to figure out ways to reach them. A lot of people here, have family freinds or just a close connection to japan in general, a lot of people just want to spread the word thats all.
And that's fine, except most of the people in this thread who are causing a commotion aren't concerned about friends and family. We don't need to start redundant arguments by pointing out something controversial someone said, nor do we need to constantly remind the thread how terrible this event is.

I have no problem seeing people ask questions about areas that were hit if they are genuinely concerned about a friend or family member. Otherwise, please, just make a post and move on to normal SSBU discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom