• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

God damn, you sound like Trump. The direct is jsut showing off stuff about videogames. This has destroyed people's homes, their livlihoods, not to mention the obvious fact that multiple people have died.

Grow the hell up.

And as @Venus of the Desert Bloom said above, there is a time for joking about things, and it is not while the event is ongoing.
As terrible as this event is and as inconsiderate as the other user is being to the lives lost, it is a really sad day when an ADMINISTRATOR of all people pulls their political standpoint clear the hell out of nowhere as means to insult another user while being hypocritical in telling them to "grow the hell up".

Seriously. What is wrong with you, Mic?

Last edited by a moderator:

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
*MORE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS!!!!

Would rather see Rayman

Her with a side of Pancakes or Waffles...and a placement in Smash
Including echos FE has 7 characters, robin is the only unique 1, I'd like it if they included more "special" characters from the series

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Oh man, I heard about the earthquake...it’s understandable Nintendo would delay it. Taking care of the aftermath is more important. My condolences to those who have lost loved ones, and I hope recovery for the survivors goes smoothly.

To help lift spirits, I’ve thought of this line of speculation:

The 8/8 Direct said Rathalos from Monster Hunter was the FIRST character to be both a Stage Boss AND an Assist Trophy, which to me would imply there are more to follow.

Which other characters would you expect and/or hope to be both a Boss and AT?

Mine:
Expect:
- Black Knight (apologies to his fans, I think that if we should get one more FE echo it should be Celica)
- Metal Face (he’s already a boss, but just imagine him as an AT in addition)

Want:
- Dark Sun Gwyndolin from Dark Souls (DS is technically Bandai Namco, albeit by publisher, so)
- some Xenoblade X Tyrant or Boss, either Telethia the Endbringer, Pharsis the Everqueen, that big guy that’s with Ryyz (forgot his name) or
the Luxaar + Lao chimera
- if we somehow get Neku from TWEWY, Sho Minamimoto would be an awesome Boss & AT. So zetta slow!
Expect:
- Eggman in the Egg Dragoon, or some other robotic contraption.
- Aparoids, organic parasitic life forms from Star Fox Assault that can take over, and transform other organic life forms, and machine of any sizes.

Want:
- Orochi, the eight headed snake demon from Okami.
- Sephiroth

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Why not both?
I don't like the Rabbids... like I really don't like the Rabbids. I tolerated them in Kingdom Battle but they were far less "WAAAAAAAHHHHH" in that game than they are in others.

Rayman is the only appropriate Ubisoft character in my opinion.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Including echos FE has 7 characters, robin is the only unique 1, I'd like it if they included more "special" characters from the series
Marth, Ike, and Corrin exist with literally no overlap with Robin.

KoopaDerp848

Smash Rookie
I don't like the Rabbids... like I really don't like the Rabbids. I tolerated them in Kingdom Battle but they were far less "WAAAAAAAHHHHH" in that game thelan they are in others.

You do know that The Rabbida have changed over the years right?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Why would being a girl matter at all here?
I didn't say something like that. Serious can you please misreading?

I said that the admin said that his friend said that she managed to get 6.0 version. Can you please stop pointing it out?

As terrible as this event is and as inconsiderate as the other user is being to the lives lost, it is a really sad day when an ADMINISTRATOR of all people pulls their political standpoint clear the hell out of nowhere as means to insult another user while being hypocritical in telling them to "grow the hell up".

Not you too...Didn't you read what I said before? I said that I am sorry, Mr. Incineroar! Can we put that aside please? How about...

Apology accepted?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Because it would also be impossible to add both, so better add the one people actually want
No it's not.
I dislike the idea of Rabbids making it in as much as the next guy, simply because I don't like the character, but saying both at once are impossible is... just plain wrong. It's not impossible.

Don't fall into the trap of believing in extremes like that. Makes for poor conversation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Corrin... also mostly Ike (sure there’s Roy/Chrom/Lucina but that’s it)...and Imma leave out Marth since he’s too obvious of a unique FE character considering he is the first
I don't like the Rabbids... like I really don't like the Rabbids. I tolerated them in Kingdom Battle but they were far less "WAAAAAAAHHHHH" in that game than they are in others.

No...that’s a fact

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I said that the admin said that his friend said that she managed to get 6.0 version. Can you please stop pointing it out?

Not you too...Didn't you read what I said before? I said that I am sorry, Mr. Incineroar! Can we put that aside please? How about...

Apology accepted?
You pointed out that she was a girl in a way that called believability into question. That's not misreading what you said. It's literally what you said.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah no, now you are reaching. I already expressed my sympathy. I don't need to keep repeating myself. This is a smash discussion board. I can still talk about Smash.

Sorry, elitist.
Still not getting it. That's sad. You feel like being defensive and insulting in instead of reflecting on a poor decision you made. You're still making this about you personally, and calling me "elitist" to redirect any negativity toward me for calling you out on a very obvious mistake.

But the last thing I'll say is that you did not, and still do not, have to "repeat yourself". You chose to reference the earthquake in the post I quoted. And you did so in extremely poor taste. And if you refuse to learn from that because your internet message board pride is at stake, then there's not really a lot more that I can say to you.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

You literally went out of your way to point it out yourself:
Apparentely, he told me that one of his friend, which is a girl,
Also,

Apology accepted?
How are you gonna slam someone for "misreading" something and then totally misread something lmao

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Reminder Wambo was liking transphobic posts back during the meltdown, don't give him any attention, the guy is just an *******.
You're adorable for thinking that the guy was a transphobe instead of someone who was just stating actual facts. If anyone shouldn't be getting attention here, it's ignorant "woke" idiots like you.
Action has already been taken for both these posts, but to make it clear to the thread: Please drop it/don't bring the past incident back up.

-

@ the current discussion/argument/whatever:

People here can express their discontent with an event they were looking forward and give condolences to the victims/be supportive as they choose.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Still not getting it. That's sad. You feel like being defensive and insulting in instead of reflecting on a poor decision you made. You're still making this about you personally, and calling me "elitist" to redirect any negativity toward me for calling you out on a very obvious mistake.

But the last thing I'll say is that you did not, and still do not, have to "repeat yourself". You chose to reference the earthquake in the post I quoted. And you did so in extremely poor taste. And if you refuse to learn from that because your internet message board pride is at stake, then there's not really a lot more that I can say to you.
Ummm, who's posting the 2 paragraphs with every response I make? You aren't educating me. You are actually very wrong.

You sound like an elitist, please stop before mods stop you.

On the ignore list!

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
No it's not.
I dislike the idea of Rabbids making it in as much as the next guy, simply because I don't like the character, but saying both at once are impossible is... just plain wrong. It's not impossible.

Don't fall into the trap of believing in extremes like that. Makes for poor conversation.
we've never seen a 3rd party add 2 unique characters from different series' or the same, plus the roster was decided in 2016, rabbids only gained traction recently due to kingdom battle and dlc, it would be just as likely as adding rex and pyra for base game

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
You pointed out that she was a girl in a way that called believability into question. That's not misreading what you said. It's literally what you said.
I am sorry for that inconvenience then. Did not know that. But while I was doing that intentionally, it's not my credit if what he said is true. It's his credit. I got another reply from him a minute ago, this time saying that he and she both attend the same university.

I guess it's easier if both are in same university.

D

Deleted member

Apology accepted?
My focus is on what Mic said. I'm not going after you right now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
we've never seen a 3rd party add 2 unique characters from different series' or the same, plus the roster was decided in 2016, rabbids only gained traction recently due to kingdom battle and dlc, it would be just as likely as adding rex and pyra for base game
"we've never seen it" =/= "it can't happen ever"
This kind of thinking is why people are always so "shocked" whenever Sakurai breaks the arbitrary rules people keep trying to make.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I don't have much more to say on the matter. I just wanted to support this post.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Imagine if after all of the Rayman vs Rabbids debates, Sakurai talks with Ubisoft and adds Ezio.

Wouldn't even be mad.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
Corrin... also mostly Ike (sure there’s Roy/Chrom/Lucina but that’s it)...and Imma leave out Marth since he’s too obvious of a unique FE character considering he is the first

No...that’s a fact
so even with corrin and ike it makes 3 characters out of 7, I don't hate the series or the fighters already in the game, I just think they could make them better and more unique

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Sigh, I hope it all leaks at this point, I really don’t want to wait a week ;(
Then it won't be all fun and surprise. We'd be all disappointed if leaks happens.

We'd rather keep it a surprise. But I know there are some peoples that would love leaks, so I can't really speak for everyone. I do have mixed reactions though.

Last edited:

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
"we've never seen it" =/= "it can't happen ever"
This kind of thinking is why people are always so "shocked" whenever Sakurai breaks the arbitrary rules people keep trying to make.
Those same rules only make it sooo much better when sakurai actually reveals a character like cloud or k rool

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
>right now

You have time to run is what he's saying.
Wait, so he's about to go after me? Am I a criminal now?

Careful, you are about to be called inconsiderate and inhuman for expressing your disappointment by elitists on this website!
Elitists? I...don't see any elitist. Maybe you're the one yourself?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Those same rules only make it sooo much better when sakurai actually reveals a character like cloud or k rool
"We have the rules so when they're broken we get more hype"

While I appreciate the sentiment, it kinda harms speculation to shoot down other people's thoughts with a rule that isn't actually a rule.
But I get the hype cravings.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Then it won't be all fun and surprise. We'd be all disappointed if leaks happens.

We'd rather keep it a surprise. But I know there are some peoples that would love leaks, so I can't really speak for everyone. I do have mixed reactions though.
I'm already disappointed that the direct was postponed so...

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Careful, you are about to be called inconsiderate and inhuman for expressing your disappointment by elitists on this website!
Oh, I wasn't aware that dropping it only applied to me. :bobomb:

Also there's nothing wrong with what he said at all.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
"We have the rules so when they're broken we get more hype"

While I appreciate the sentiment, it kinda harms speculation to shoot down other people's thoughts with a rule that isn't actually a rule.
But I get the hype cravings.
true true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom