• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Eh, it's alright. It's a cult classic but not entirely deserving of it.
It's a game that needs to be played with friends. Playing it alone is like playing Mario Party alone.

Power Stone 2 is definitely still a ton of fun to play, but you won't run into many people with a working Dreamcast and a copy of a $100 game.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So.. let's get knee deep into a pointless argument...

She probably drinking Jenerossi Tea, expertly brewed too I bet.
I may try out X2 just to see what the hype of Rex / Pyra is. I know they're like the main characters or something but I heard mixed things about the game.

But hey I'm all for new female representation fanservicey or not.
I liked how Rex was just such a simple optimistic character that was thrust into something greater while still holding on to his optimism, and I liked how deep Pyra was as a person/Blade over time in the game. She was always smiling and mellow... then you found her true thoughts about herself and how they pertain to Alrest, and at that point you'll want to give her a hug, Rex too when you reach a certain part of the game pertaining to his past.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm so glad we can keep a natural disaster causing the deaths of at least seven people in proper context.

Seriously. Some of the posts in this thread make me embarrassed to be a part of it.
Or it's completely ****ing okay to be sympathetic about Japan and disappointed about the direct at the same time.

Why are people treated like aliens if they can't express both?

Smh...

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’ll confess, I admit I was a bit peeved about the Direct being postponed since I was off work today but that was only because I was cranky and wide awake on 2:00 am.

That said, it’s horrible that this earthquake happened and makes sense for them to delay it, I hope Japan recovers as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
On a different note, I've recently noticed my signature is gone. I still have it saved in my account settings, but it's not showing up here. Has anyone else experienced this? Edit: Right after I post this, my signature shows back up. Weird. lol

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Or it's completely ****ing okay to be sympathetic about Japan and disappointed about the direct at the same time.

Why are people treated like aliens if they can't express both?

Smh...
Because the way you chose to order that was insulting. Even if unintentional.

In a situation where you're comparing the press release of a video game and a natural disaster, maybe try to make them separate thoughts instead of putting the latter in as an aside.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
On a different note, I've recently noticed my signature is gone. I still have it saved in my account settings, but it's not showing up here. Has anyone else experienced this? Edit: Right after I post this, my signature shows back up. Weird. lol
Signatures only show up once per page, and don't show up at all on mobile, so it might be because of that.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Signatures only show up once per page, and don't show up at all on mobile, so it might be because of that.
Oh okay. I'm on my laptop, but I didn't know they only show up once per page. Thanks for clearing that up for me

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Smash golf

:ultkrool: polo shirt :ultridley: polo shirt in a golf cart doing sick donuts on the lawn.

"but Pakky Ridely can't fit in a golf cart he's too big, hurhurhru!"

Me:.... *sprays with water bottle"

" *cat noises*"

Me: "See what happens when you meme?"
Nya!!! How dare you spray me I didn't even make any memes *brandish claws* don't make me use these! XD

Wambo

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post.
Reminder Wambo was liking transphobic posts back during the meltdown, don't give him any attention, the guy is just an *******.
You're adorable for thinking that the guy was a transphobe instead of someone who was just stating actual facts. If anyone shouldn't be getting attention here, it's ignorant, "woke" morons like you.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh man, I heard about the earthquake...it’s understandable Nintendo would delay it. Taking care of the aftermath is more important. My condolences to those who have lost loved ones, and I hope recovery for the survivors goes smoothly.

To help lift spirits, I’ve thought of this line of speculation:

The 8/8 Direct said Rathalos from Monster Hunter was the FIRST character to be both a Stage Boss AND an Assist Trophy, which to me would imply there are more to follow.

Which other characters would you expect and/or hope to be both a Boss and AT?

Mine:
Expect:
- Black Knight (apologies to his fans, I think that if we should get one more FE echo it should be Celica)
- Metal Face (he’s already a boss, but just imagine him as an AT in addition)

Want:
- Dark Sun Gwyndolin from Dark Souls (DS is technically Bandai Namco, albeit by publisher, so)
- some Xenoblade X Tyrant or Boss, either Telethia the Endbringer, Pharsis the Everqueen, that big guy that’s with Ryyz (forgot his name) or
the Luxaar + Lao chimera
- if we somehow get Neku from TWEWY, Sho Minamimoto would be an awesome Boss & AT. So zetta slow!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Because the way you chose to order that was insulting. Even if unintentional.

In a situation where you're comparing the press release of a video game and a natural disaster, maybe try to make them separate thoughts instead of putting the latter in as an aside.
Actually, maybe you should check someone's post history before throwing wild accusations just because you don't read my other comments.

Here, I'll save you the effort:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1037596347979812864

The direct is delayed.

Hope everyone in Japan is doing well and is safe, especially our users here!!!

Absolutely ridiculous. We are a Smash discussion board. I can talk about the game and be disappointed while being sympathetic

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I hope everyone in Japan stays safe, including, of course, all of the Japanese users here.

Anyway, now that Chrom is in, Celica is easily my most wanted newcomer. I'm not expecting her by any means, but I'm not totally ruling her out either (given that development for SoV would have been underway when Sakurai asked for Corrin in 4). She'd be an amazing and dynamic character. In general I just wish more people brought her up, especially as she's one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters not yet in Smash (beating out some of the current roster, even) among the Fire Emblem fanbase.
I mean, she's probably the most brought up Fire Emblem character I see on this forum.

It's just that that comes with the stigma of being a Fire Emblem character.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Oh man, I heard about the earthquake...it’s understandable Nintendo would delay it. Taking care of the aftermath is more important. My condolences to those who have lost loved ones, and I hope recovery for the survivors goes smoothly.

The 8/8 Direct said Rathalos from Monster Hunter was the FIRST character to be both a Stage Boss AND an Assist Trophy, which to me would imply there are more to follow.

Mine:
Expect:
- Black Knight (apologies to his fans, I think that if we should get one more FE echo it should be Celica)

Want:
- Dark Sun Gwyndolin from Dark Souls (DS is technically Bandai Namco, albeit by publisher, so)
- some Xenoblade X Tyrant or Boss, either Telethia the Endbringer, Pharsis the Everqueen, that big guy that’s with Ryyz (forgot his name) or
the Luxaar + Lao chimera
- if we somehow get Neku from TWEWY, Sho Minamimoto would be an awesome Boss & AT. So zetta slow!
I really don't think Black Knight would work as a boss. Assist trophy, sure, but not boss. There's no way they could justify him being bigger than Ridley. He's a normal size human. Having a regular human swordsman who is smaller than some playable fighters as a boss would be weird and lame. Otherwise He'd have to tower over Ike which would be equally weird. I think he will be an echoe. I could see him being an assist trophy, but not a boss.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>yoshi's crafted world

Yoshi x Minecraft confirmed. Yoshi has to find the diamonds before the Ender Koopa finds him and make him go "oof".

D

Deleted member

You're adorable for thinking that the guy was a transphobe instead of someone who was just stating actual facts. If anyone shouldn't be getting attention here, it's ignorant, "woke" morons like you.
43144ece-66ba-4e48-ad95-5e976ba74f2a.jpg

Mine:
Expect:

Want:
the Luxaar + Lao chimera
I really want Mother Brain to appear as a boss, though if not her, then Kraid would make the best "giant" boss possible.
I really don't think Black Knight would work as a boss. Assist trophy, sure, but not boss. There's no way they could justify him being bigger than Ridley. He's a normal size human. Having a regular human swordsman who is smaller than some playable fighters as a boss would be weird and lame. Otherwise He'd have to tower over Ike which would be equally weird. I think he will be an echoe. I could see him being an assist trophy, but not a boss.
He could still be an unique sort of boss in that he's the same height as playable characters but can't get knocked back.

Pakky

Smash Hero
>yoshi's crafted world

Yoshi x Minecraft confirmed. Yoshi has to find the diamonds before the Ender Koopa finds him and make him go "oof".
Craft a key to get out of jail when they catch Yoshi for tax fraud.

I'm sorry I'll stop.

Last edited:

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
Just no more fire emblem characters:marthmelee::roymelee::ike::4lucina::4robinm::4corrin::ultchrom::smash:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Actually, maybe you should check someone's post history before throwing wild accusations just because you don't read my other comments.
I get the feeling you're not understanding this. There's no wild accusation. You promoted false equivalence between a possible leak of nerd news and an earthquake resulting in a loss of homes, businesses and lives within the same sentence. Your previous post history and intentions don't matter. I'm not *accusing* you of anything. I'm reading the sentence you wrote.

But the fact that you're making the focus about you and your posting history (seriously?) shows you're missing the point significantly. Just think about these things and how you're choosing to phrase them when dealing with tragedies.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I know that people are getting their hopes up over games, so lets not forget that there are certain games F-Zero, that Nintendo has been trying to make F-Zero, for years F-Zero and will be trying to appease all of the left over fans...

Like Wario World.

D

Deleted member

I know that people are getting their hopes up over games, so lets not forget that there are certain games F-Zero, that Nintendo has been trying to make F-Zero, for years F-Zero and will be trying to appease all of the left over fans...

Like Wario World.
I just want Super Mario World 2

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I get the feeling you're not understanding this. There's no wild accusation. You promoted false equivalence between a possible leak of nerd news and an earthquake resulting in a loss of homes, businesses and lives within the same sentence. Your previous post history and intentions don't matter. I'm not *accusing* you of anything. I'm reading the sentence you wrote.

But the fact that you're making the focus about you and your posting history (seriously?) shows you're missing the point significantly. Just think about these things and how you're choosing to phrase them when dealing with tragedies.
Yeah no, now you are reaching. I already expressed my sympathy. I don't need to keep repeating myself. This is a smash discussion board. I can still talk about Smash.

Sorry, elitist.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Like Wario World.

But... I want both...

Deathborn Captain Syrup is my waifu

Enchess

Smash Lord
If the Direct gets delayed or Smash Ultimate gets delayed, it's fine. It's not a big deal. As one of the people in Papa Geno's most recent videos said, 'the Direct (and Smash Bros for that matter) can wait; the lives of the people cannot.'
Yeah, hopefully community can be understanding. Ultimately it's a video game. It's not gonna kill us to wait.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Like Wario World.
Subtle. Very subtle.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
On another note...

I talked with an admin of the Smashwiki, a wiki for Smash-related things, in the Discord server.

Apparentely, he told me that one of his friend, which is a girl, going to school, somehow managed to download the 6.0 firmware for Nintendo Switch. However, the admin itself didn't manage to as he was told it was up to date. He insist it's not a lie, and he will soon ask her at a reasonable time for proof.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On another note...

I talked with an admin of the Smashwiki, a wiki for Smash-related things, in the Discord server.

Apparentely, he told me that one of his friend, which is a girl, going to school, somehow managed to download the 6.0 firmware for Nintendo Switch. However, the admin itself didn't manage to as he was told it was up to date. He insist it's not a lie, and he will soon ask her at a reasonable time for proof.
Why would being a girl matter at all here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom