• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
Well for all we know, it might just as well have but there's so much bull going around that we can't pick out the real stuff. I wonder if that was the plan all along.
True It's hard to keep up with leaks anymore as it feels like when one is proven fake ten more appear.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
tfw you actually liked Undertale but the fanbase has become worse than FNaF and Minecraft's combined.
Oh no, I absolutely love the game and the story and the weird gameplay.

I just think literally 90% of discussion on it devolves into goddamn ****ty memes.

D

Deleted member

Great for Phoenix, rip Chorus bois
A bit of a hot take on Chorus Kids and Rhythm Heaven: they aren't making it in this time. I have not seen that franchise get talked about at all in recent years, as opposed to the huge splash it got when Rhythm Heaven Fever came out. Even if Chorus Kids' data is still buried in Smash 4's catalog, I just don't see them happening due to how much of a priority the franchise is and the current direction of the roster. I only really see it getting music, trophies and an AT or two, even.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
New Game!

1) Take a series already in Smash, with more than one character.
2) Choose an echo fighter for this series
3) Determine from which character the build comes.
4) State which moves are taken from the other characters.
5) Describe why the personality needs to be an echo and not an alt.
6) Throw all that out and make that character an AT instead. What is different?

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I think we’ll get 2 newcomers and 1 Echo, which is Isabelle. I feel like Shadow and Ken are also echo fighters, but they’d save 3rd party ones for the last Smash Direct. I think the 2 newcomers will be a combination of Incineroar, Isaac and Skull Kid.

So either:
Skull Kid/Isaac + Isabelle
Skull Kid/Incineroar + Isabelle
Incineroar/Isaac + Isabelle

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
A bit of a hot take on Chorus Kids and Rhythm Heaven: they aren't making it in this time. I have not seen that franchise get talked about at all in recent years, as opposed to the huge splash it got when Rhythm Heaven Fever came out. Even if Chorus Kids' data is still buried in Smash 4's catalog, I just don't see them happening due to how much of a priority the franchise is and the current direction of the roster. I only really see it getting music, trophies and an AT or two, even.
man that stings

I think Sakurai definitely might go back to the idea. It’d seem weird not to. Especially with Megamix releasing around the time Ultimate was finalized. We’ve definitely been seeing a trend of Sakurai returning to old ideas such as Chrom, Ridley, and even assists like Sukapon and pokeballs like Ditto.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By the way.

If Geno is in, I require that if he and Cloud are on a team that they have this as their unique combined victory theme.
Pipe dream.

Enchess

Smash Lord
New Game!

1) Mario series
2) Bowletta
3) Bowser (obviously)
4) Everything but the fire breath. That's replaced with fireballs that act like a much slower Seeker Mine from KH:BBS. Bowletta can hit them herself after a certain amount of time to heal some health. Also Final Smash is Cackletta's ghost
5) Those fireballs are a major part of her fight in Superstar Saga. Would feel wrong (to me) without.
6) Stands still, spits slow moving homing fireballs, finishes by having a huge Cackletta ghost pop out and hurt nearby fighters

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I dunno if this has been posted yet at all, since it's been 10 hours from this going live, but that one huge poll the fanmade news account for Smash Ultimate made finally got the results, and it's pretty interesting, to say the least.

BUT THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS REX IS STILL TOP TEN AND BANJO IS STILL THE KING, BAYBEEEEE!

View attachment 162184
@Luigi The President
Will be so happy.

Yea I think I'm all in on a Pokemon newcomer being revealed tomorrow. It seems like it'd fit pretty well in a Nintendo direct. While a Smash directs makes the most sense for the fan favorites.

I'm calling Incineroar. No take backs. Sticking with this. I was seriously skeptical we'd get a new Pokemon not that long ago but now I feel pretty sure we're getting one.
Introducing Gillybal! :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By the way.

If Geno is in, I require that if he and Cloud are on a team that they have this as their unique combined victory theme.
Pipe dream.
GOOD SIR, I HAVE BEEN PUSHING MORE FINAL FANTASY MUSIC, DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THIS.

man that stings

I think Sakurai definitely might go back to the idea. It’d seem weird not to. Especially with Megamix releasing around the time Ultimate was finalized. We’ve definitely been seeing a trend of Sakurai returning to old ideas such as Chrom, Ridley, and even assists like Sukapon and pokeballs like Ditto.
I mean don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see this series get a Fire Emblem-esque resurgence thanks to Smash Bros. and get the ball rolling again after it's RH: Fever Era, so maybe it could happen, but when you got so much free real estate left, combine with less and less talk of the franchise in mass, I just don't think Rhythm Heaven has a big shot for the roster. Maybe Sakurai can pull through! We are talking about Japes Master McGee, here.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
I was only expecting one newcomer, no echo, but now I'm trying to figure out if they would just casually drop an echo with the limited time they have.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I mean don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see this series get a Fire Emblem-esque resurgence thanks to Smash Bros. and get the ball rolling again after it's RH: Fever Era, so maybe it could happen, but when you got so much free real estate left, combine with less and less talk of the franchise in mass, I just don't think Rhythm Heaven has a big shot for the roster. Maybe Sakurai can pull through! We are talking about Japes Master McGee, here.
We’re just gonna have to see what happens. Hopefully they can pull through.

Enchess

Smash Lord
In before Sakurai passes on Rhythm Heaven to reveal the true rhythm game representative, the Ouendan.

Or Donkey Konga

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
GOOD SIR, I HAVE BEEN PUSHING MORE FINAL FANTASY MUSIC, DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THIS.

What if this comes with Geno as "Mario RPG Music"

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
One of the big reasons I think a lot of us Isaac fans support him so much is because of the likelihood his series get picked back up if he makes it into Smash.

If Isaac makes it in and there's widespread appeal them we get a new Golden Sun, then Golden Sun becomes more popular, then we get more Golden Sun. It's what every Golden Sun fan wants more than anything and Isaac in Smash is the gateway.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Rhythm Heaven could get a playable fighter but I dunno... I'm just not really feeling it. It's hard to see it in this game.

It's the biggest Nintendo IP currently not represented in Smash but it might have just been screwed over by hardware limitations and timing.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Finally my prayers have been answered and we will be briefly saved from fake leak hell.
I assume "briefly" = 2 days? :p

Also hey, as I type the amount of people in this thread who are members and the amount of people who are guests are symmetrical at 74 each. Shroob Shroob will be ecstatic about this factoid I'm sure.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I think Rhythm Heaven could get a playable fighter but I dunno... I'm just not really feeling it. It's hard to see it in this game.

It's the biggest Nintendo IP currently not represented in Smash but it might have just been screwed over by hardware limitations and timing.
Biggest in what sense? Number of games? Sales? Popularity?

Genuine question. I know it's not biggest in #games. I didnt think it was in sales or popularity, but I could easily be wrong

Shroob

Sup?
Biggest in what sense? Number of games? Sales? Popularity?

Genuine question. I know it's not biggest in #games. I didnt think it was in sales or popularity, but I could easily be wrong
I think he means biggest Nintendo IP not currently represented in Smash.

P.sure it's bigger than Golden Sun, which would probably be the 2nd biggest for potential newcomers.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I think he means biggest Nintendo IP not currently represented in Smash.

P.sure it's bigger than Golden Sun, which would probably be the 2nd biggest for potential newcomers.
But biggest unrepresented in what sense?

(I'm actually like 90% sure in terms of # of games, biggest Nintendo IP still unrepresented is Fatal Frame. RH is more popular, but I though GS was more popular than it)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
New Game!

1. DK
2. Funky Kong
3. Donkey Kong
4. Wario Bike for Flame Runner. Bowser/Ridley/K.Rool Back Air, Ganon Down Air
5. Funky acts more human like, so the taunts, voice clips, win animations and whatnot could all be different. He's a surfer dude, and that's usually a pretty fun character gimmick.
6. He runs around stomping people with his surfboard or using that board hover as an anti-air move.

Something a bit different than going to Dixie for an echo.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
In before Sakurai passes on Rhythm Heaven to reveal the true rhythm game representative, the Ouendan.
I'd be down for that but aren't all the tracks licensed? Imagine getting a rhythm game character with no music from their games.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
But biggest unrepresented in what sense?

(I'm actually like 90% sure in terms of # of games, biggest Nintendo IP still unrepresented is Fatal Frame. RH is more popular, but I though GS was more popular than it)
You really are pushing that Fatal Frame aren't ya.

If you want information on Nintendo games (to the person to whom you are responding); just use google...
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Nintendo_games

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

RH is like right on the edge for me. I expect we'll get 4 more regular newcomers, in which case I don't think we'll get a RH newcomer, but if we do get even just one or two more newcomers than that then I could definitely see it happen. I don't think a newcomer from the series will be a huge priority, it'll be more along the lines of the last added newcomer if it does happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I read that as Urbosa and thought "When the hell did Xenoblade add Zelda stuff?"
If Torna ~ The Golden Country won't be the final update Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gets, I kinda hope they add some Zelda stuff down the line. We got Xenoblade 2 stuff in Breath of the Wild (which still is pretty insane), why not flip the cards a bit and do another collaboration?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
One of the big reasons I think a lot of us Isaac fans support him so much is because of the likelihood his series get picked back up if he makes it into Smash.

If Isaac makes it in and there's widespread appeal them we get a new Golden Sun, then Golden Sun becomes more popular, then we get more Golden Sun. It's what every Golden Sun fan wants more than anything and Isaac in Smash is the gateway.
The stakes are huge for the GS fans. If Isaac gets in, which, for the first time in a long time, seems plausible, there's a real shot his series eventually comes back from the brink what with the attention and constant clamouring for revival an inclusion in Smash creates, but if his misses the boat this time, he'll likely never get in and his series may stay on ice forever.

Enchess

Smash Lord
You really are pushing that Fatal Frame aren't ya.
Well, in this context Fatal Frame quite literally has twice as many releases, so if # of games is what they meant Fatal Frame is objectively bigger.

Also it's kinda annoying that everyone sleeps on an unrepresented Nintendo IP with so many releases and tie-ins and I like to remind people we exist. Its not by any means the most obscure IP people here are pushing for

Edit: ok, after looking at franchise sales, it seems RH is the biggest unrepresented Nintendo IP in no sense of the word. I would still love a RH rep though

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo's Japanese account just stated that the Direct will be delayed due to recent earthquakes in Japan.... The new schedule is to be announced later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom