• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Isabelle has stubby looking limbs. I'm not sure how people say she wouldn't fit as an echo. Her limbs look shorter than the New Leaf Villager.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
View attachment 162169

Tom Nook is NOT the face of Anim...

(Sweater Nook is going to be a Villager echo)
Tbh I wish isabelle didnt exist that way we would be getting our Tom Nook echo fighter instead :S, tom nook is the best and imo the only animal crossing character I think of when I think AC. I would have even preferred him over Villager.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wanted Tom Nook back when he was a mostly naked tanuki raccoon but then he put some clothes on and I now I feel like I don't even know him anymore.

Smash still gets it right though.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Yeah?
That's how advertising works. The pro controller comes out as the same day as the demo in this situation ya dingdong.
Hmmm...maybe one of the "prizes" at the demo sites is that controller for free?

LetterO

Smash Lord
You heard it here folks. If one of these happens, this will last for two weeks.

• If Banjo is announced tommorrow, I will change my avatar to a literal banjo.
  • If Incineroar is revealed, I will change my avatar to Dwayne The Rock Johnson.
  • If Isaac is revealed, I will change my avatar to a literal golden sun.
  • If Skull Kid is announced, I change my avatar to something Majora's Mask related.
  • If a new echo fighter is announced, the avatar I end up with will be flipped upside down.
Change to Beyonce if it’s Chorus Kids

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
Yeah?
That's how advertising works. The pro controller comes out as the same day as the demo in this situation ya dingdong.
Sir, a demo won't be locked behind a controller because the purpose is to convince someone to purchase said game, someone buying an 80 dollar Smash controller is probably gonna buy the damn game.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I once made a bet that I'd change my avatar to Cloud if Banjo-Kazooie were to be revealed at a specific time.

Needless to say, my boi was saved :yoshi:
a cloud avatar? thats kinda boring...
you should totally change your avatar to a pic of AlCapone instead....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wanted Tom Nook back when he was a mostly naked tanuki raccoon but then he put some clothes on and I now I feel like I don't even know him anymore.

Smash still gets it right though.
I completely agree. Maybe he can have he apron as an alternate costume.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Zinith Zinith just taught me how to prank people... so someone's gonna get it soon.

Haven't decided who yet though.

Probably the next person I see predict a character I deem ridiculous.

It's a shame you have Premium Zinith, because Boshi might have warranted a prank :troll:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Sir, a demo won't be locked behind a controller because the purpose is to convince someone to purchase said game, someone buying an 80 dollar Smash controller is probably gonna buy the damn game.
We're not saying you have to buy the controller to get the demo. We're saying that in this purely hypothetical situation, the controller and demo would just happen to come out on the same day, completely unrelated to one another.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah no **** I never said you gotta buy the controller to get the demo

We're not saying you have to buy the controller to get the demo. We're saying that in this purely hypothetical situation, the controller and demo would just happen to come out on the same day, completely unrelated to one another.
read these words of wisdom

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
>no Under Heaven Destruction II, Black and White, STAND UNRIVALED, MUST DIE, or END GAZER for music
I'm disappointed.
/s
Oh don't worry, I'd include those tracks too. I just listed those four in my earlier because those are my four particular favorite BlazBlue tracks.

BlazBlue has such an amazing soundtrack that if we ever get BlazBlue representation in Smash (highly doubt it'll happen, but it's something I'd love to see), I think there should be as many BlazBlue tracks as there are Castlevania tracks in Smash Ultimate.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
lol wow, I've been absorbed by Dragon Quest 11 for the last two days and only just now saw the Direct Announcement lol

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If I don't get Smash at least give me a Prime 4 trailer. I need to know if I can trust this new dev team or not.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If I don't get Smash at least give me a Prime 4 trailer. I need to know if I can trust this new dev team or not.
I have a fear it's dev team is just about as progressive on it as the team doing the Final Fantasy VII remake.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sakurai doesn't HAVE to retweet a Dorect for there to be Smash news. He didn't retweet a lot of Directs with Smash news in the For era. He's never even been that big of a social media user. No where near the way, say, Hideo Kojima or Cliff Blezinski are.

If we don't get Smash news here then we'll probably get an announcement of a proper Smash Direct. I highly doubt they leave out Smash or the Pokemon Let's Go games. Those are their big sell this year and they need to make sure they make people want them.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'm back. Miss me? probably not

Did I miss anything in the last *checks time* 3 hours?

(The movie Searching is pretty good btw. Bit predictable plot twists, but good anyway)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I heard Japan is going through some crap right now

Is it possible that is more concerning then getting on twitter to retweet something?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I have a fear it's dev team is just about as progressive on it as the team doing the Final Fantasy VII remake.
Don't put that fear in my head.

They said they announced it really early in development when they normally wouldn't. I would hope they've got at least something to show by now. I'd even take a CGI trailer.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

They said they announced it really early in development when they normally wouldn't. I would hope they've got at least something to show by now. I'd even take a CGI trailer.
I'll give you an even worse fear.

It's the Other M design

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

My guess is we'll see more of it after Kingdom Hearts 3 releases.

That's what Square Enix is focusing on right now. They put Kingdom Hearts 3 on standby to focus on Final Fantasy 15, and now the Final Fantasy 7 remake is on standby to focus on Kingdom Hearts 3.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

It's the Other M design
Yes officer, this post right here.

That's what Square Enix is focusing on right now. They put Kingdom Hearts 3 on standby to focus on Final Fantasy 15, and now the Final Fantasy 7 remake is on standby to focus on Kingdom Hearts 3.
I'm not talking about the FF remake lol. Talkin about Prime 4.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

It's the Other M design
What's with the stigma against the Other M design? I get that the game it came from wasn't well received, but the design itself is cool. In my opinion, it's way better than the clunky, oversized Prime design.

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
Yeah no **** I never said you gotta buy the controller to get the demo
That was my original concern when you first quoted me, I was against locking a demo behind a paywall.

I still don't think they'd rush a controller for a measly demo. Nither do I think a demo is coming that early.

Chrono.

Well that and Nomura is the director on both KH3 and FFVII.

KH3 is looking fantastic though and a much more "complete" project compared to FFXV so my hopes are decently high.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Holy **** I know the point of reaction videos is to overhype things a little bit but this dude is so annoying lmao
I feel like I'm watching what would happen if Nostalgia Critic forgot to take his meds.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I heard Japan is going through some crap right now

Is it possible that is more concerning then getting on twitter to retweet something?
Nothing but a valid statement (especially since Nintendo of Japan took some damage)

Enchess

Smash Lord
What's with the stigma against the Other M design? I get that the game it came from wasn't well received, but the design itself is cool. In my opinion, it's way better than the clunky, oversized Prime design.
I'm a big fan of Samus having clunkier designs. Reminds me of Alien's clunkier tech, which is always a plus.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Highly disagree. The colors, the actual look of the suit. Yuck. Smash takes the design and does as good as it can with it, keeping it sleek but bulking it up, but the suit from the game is highly unappealing to me personally, and to many fans.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wanted Tom Nook in Smash when I was a kid.
I still want Tom Nook.

I wanted Tom Nook to be like Raccoon Mario or Tanooki Mario. Swinging his tail to float and turning into a statue. I just don’t want a third Mario unless it’s either Paper Mario or Baby Mario or even Metal Mario (Echo and as a callback to Smash 64).

Enchess

Smash Lord
I still want Tom Nook.

I wanted Tom Nook to be like Raccoon Mario or Tanooki Mario. Swinging his tail to float and turning into a statue. I just don’t want a third Mario unless it’s either Paper Mario or Baby Mario or even Metal Mario (Echo and as a callback to Smash 64).
I wanted Nook to chuck bells at people, make houses rise up from the ground under them, use the tools, and drop furniture on people.
I'll always be at least a little bitter Villager got in instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom