• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Not really. These so called "fans" only wants him for the same reason as Waluigi. The memes. They don't even really care for the characters. Sakurai even admitted these "fans" only wants Waluigi for the memes hence the reason for not including him along with not being that important due to starring in spin-off sports games.
Don't speak for everyone. I wanted Waluigi because I genuinely like the character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, regarding a potential "Sun and Moon" theme...

We had a clear shot of the moon in Simon's reveal, and one of the sun in K. Rool's reveal.

extreme straw grasping activate

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Incineroar is probably gonna break open the salt mines if he's confirmed.
I'd be reveling in it. For years have I felt ashame for being an Incineroar fan. They've insulted me, laughed at me. But now...

I'LL BE THE ONE WHO'S LAUGHING HAHAHAHAHA
in reality I wouldn't actually care, but I'd be super happy

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As for my unrealistic non-Smash related dream wants for the direct:

- Kid Icarus Uprising HD port (the 3DS original murderated my circle pad)
- Animal Crossing Switch
- (maybe) a new F-Zero game. Or GX HD with online (free)
- Xenoblade Chronicles X: Definitive Edition (free online also)
- maybe new Golden Sun on 3DS??? Pls
- Final Fantasy VII Remake, just let me dream ok

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
:laugh: I had a feeling you might say something like that

But No I’ve never had a chance to play the games, I’d like to though, maybe then I could get in on the hype
I’m still mad, Sm4sh Zamus was a work of fricking art! :mad:

You enjoy Metroid games I assume, I think you’d find them to your liking :)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'd be reveling in it. For years have I felt ashame for being an Incineroar fan. They've insulted me, laughed at me. But now...

I'LL BE THE ONE WHO'S LAUGHING HAHAHAHAHA
in reality I wouldn't actually care, but I'd be super happy
They said I was edgy when I picked Litten.
They laughed when it evolved into Incineroar.
But who's gonna be laughing when they take a Malicious Moonsault to the face?
That's right, it's gonna be me.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Don’t get me wrong man, I love Decidueye and Lycanroc as well, but they kind of pale in comparison to Incineroar’s over the top personality and design.
Should be the other way around if you ask me.

I'm not gonna say Incineroar wouldn't be an interesting choice, because the potential is there. I'm just not convinced he'd be more interesting than the other choices.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Aside from Smash newcomers, what do you guys want to see from the direct (that isn't Animal Crossing, cause everyone and their Shih Tzu assistant wants it)? I want a release date for A Hat in Time on Switch (I doubt it though), and maybe they'll let us see the Spirits mode, or at least some other single player modes (Break the Targets please).

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Sorry man, he just recently got popular, but Shantae has had support since the Ballot days
Even as I Shantae supporter, I know that Skull Kid has had supporters for way longer.
Can we reach 4000 pages before the direct?
CAN THIS BOARD GET 4000 PAGES BEFORE THE DIRECT?!
CAN THIS BOARD REACH A MILLION PAGES?!
JOIN MY FREE GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY!

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean Paper Mario also has the "he'd be just another Mario" stigma around him.

Obviously not around PM fans themselves but I still see that kind of thought a lot.
I hate that thought process. It's like people who claim Toon Link and Link are redundant. They play nothing alike, and you only think they're similar due to some visual similarities and the name "Link".

Paper Mario should be far closer to Mr. G&W than Mario in terms of gameplay.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They don't even really care for the characters. Sakurai even admitted these "fans" only wants Waluigi for the memes hence the reason for not including him along with not being that important due to starring in spin-off sports games.
1415552201554.png

Baseless, no evidence, that was a rumor passed around and never even proven. You just don't want him in and you can't find a valid reason as to why people love the character. You think I only want Waluigi cause he'd be a meme? You're lacking mega hard dude.

Let people love what they love, and if they make memes to celebrate the character, isn't that at least some sort of affection?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I tried posting this game before, but the post didn't save, so I'll post it now.

Say, for whatever reason, the Pokémon franchise was represented by playable trainers instead of playable Pokémon. So instead of :pikachu64::jigglypuff64:, we would've gotten Red and Blue. Take the Pokémon in each Smash, and replace all of them with a trainer, following these rules:

• Pikachu must be replaced with Red.
  • You can use any trainer, as long as they existed at the time of the Smash game.
  • You must be consistent. If you replace Mewtwo with Brock, then Brock won't be in Brawl, but he will return for Sm4sh.
  • :pt: is only replaced with one trainer, who gets carried over to Sm4sh.
  • You get to add one new trainer to Ultimate.
Here's what I'd do.
64: Red, Blue
Melee: Red, Blue, Giovanni, Clair
Brawl: Red, Blue, Cynthia, Brandon
Sm4sh: Red, Blue, Cynthia, Brandon, Caitlin, Giovanni
Ultimate: Red, Blue, Cynthia, Brandon, Caitlin, Giovanni, Clair, Guzma
Melee: Red, Blue, Lance, Ethan (Red clone)
Brawl: Red, Blue, Steven Quartz Universe, Dawn
4: Red, Blue, Steven, 1/3 of Dawn, N, Lance
Ultimate: Red, Blue, Lance, Ethan, Steven, Dawn (Now in one piece), N, Y A B O Y G U Z M A

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Don't speak for everyone. I wanted Waluigi because I genuinely like the character.
Waluigi is the counterpart of Luigi and Wario, two characters that are already a counterpart of Mario. He's almost like a parody of himself. What's not to love?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Skull Kid is one of the most popular antagonists of the Zelda series. And fanbases being the edgy little ******** they are, they want their villains. :p

(I just wanna laugh at my enemies)

Shroob

Sup?
So theoretically:

If Skull Kid and either Incineroar OR Isaac get revealed in this Direct...

Will we call this the "Sun and Moon" direct in the future?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Should be the other way around if you ask me.

I'm not gonna say Incineroar wouldn't be an interesting choice, because the potential is there. I'm just not convinced he'd be more interesting than the other choices.
I disagree there. I think the idea of a fire cat wrestler is better than a bird archer or dog with rocks. You could theoretically come up with movesets for all of them, but if I were Sakurai I think Incineroar on concept art alone is the most visually interesting.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Results from the Smash Poll from Smash Bros Ultimate News on Twitter
There are over 20,000 votes.
https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1037437559343865856View attachment 162063
YES! Elma made it, Rex and Rayman made it, and Shantae and Sora are close to the top.
Yes nothing could ruin...

*On the poll* Phoenix Wright > Amaterasu

Why must she always end up in the doghouse? I mean I understand why Phoenix Wright made it in, but still, no Ammy?

*sigh* could be worse I guess.
Is this board going to go nuts if a Gen 7 Pokemon starter is revealed but it's Primarina?
Considering I unironically want Primarina, that would makes me very happy.

Edit replied to the wrong person.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
View attachment 162074

Baseless, no evidence, that was a rumor passed around and never even proven. You just don't want him in and you can't find a valid reason as to why people love the character. You think I only want Waluigi cause he'd be a meme? You're lacking mega hard dude.

Let people love what they love, and if they make memes to celebrate the character, isn't that at least some sort of affection?
For once I appreciate the use of this pic. Good work Ariga.

Do you guys really think Sakurai would completely stomp on a character like that? Why is this rumor even tossed around?

I personally love Waluigi. Sorry that you guys can't see the difference between the fans who have wanted him since Brawl and the meme bandwagoners from 2 months ago, but there's no need to start randomly spitting and stomping on him.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Sorry man, he just recently got popular, but Shantae has had support since the Ballot days
Support sure, but I didn't know it was that large. Like I said, I thought Shovel Knight was the big indie choice.

I'd also argue Skull Kid's support was quiet in Smash 4 because he was deconfirmed very quickly, but eh that's neither here nor there.

Anyways, like others have mentioned, we should remember that this is mainly a western based poll.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I’m still mad, Sm4sh Zamus was a work of fricking art! :mad:

You enjoy Metroid games I assume, I think you’d find them to your liking :)
Samus will never get justice in smash, hopefully prime 4 is amazing to make it up for it

And yeah I love Metroid a ton, if that’s basis for playing the games then I’ll have to try them :chuckle:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Of course Shantae would get more votes. Shovel Knight is out of the picture, and she's clear waifu bait so it's no surprise to me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So theoretically:

If Skull Kid and either Incineroar OR Isaac get revealed in this Direct...

Will we call this the "Sun and Moon" direct in the future?
dude it's about the online service not pokemon
i'm gonna call it the xbox live direct

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
She still got more votes than him
*dabs*
Okay sorry, but please don't kill my hopes of seeing Shantae in Smash
Good for her, now consider what would happen if we factored in Japan to this poll.
Also, I wasn't attempting to kill your hopes, I was attempting to remind you not to put down other characters with baseless accusations.
And now you're asking me not to put down Shantae...

Keep believing, and hold out hope, but I don't think I dashed any hope in that post.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Please reveal Skull Kid, please reveal Skull Kid. I can't handle it anymore!!!! Please!

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
If Spirits turns out to be a SSE-style adventure mode, what teams would you like to see? I'd like to see something ridiculous, like Ridley and Jigglypuff or Mewtwo and Pichu. Or even rivals being forced to work together, like Donkey Kong and K. Rool.

Moreover, if Paper Mario joins the fight, imagine him teaming up with Mr. Game and Watch.
:ultrobin and :ultchrom:,,,,, please sakurai,,,,,,,,,,,,
also :ultrosalina: and :ultpalutena: seem like a fun pairing

:ultrichter:, :ultryu:, :ultroy:, :ultike:, :ultsnake: aaaAAAAAAND... Bandana Waddle Dee. Figure that one out.

I tried posting this game before, but the post didn't save, so I'll post it now.

Say, for whatever reason, the Pokémon franchise was represented by playable trainers instead of playable Pokémon. So instead of :pikachu64::jigglypuff64:, we would've gotten Red and Blue. Take the Pokémon in each Smash, and replace all of them with a trainer, following these rules:

• Pikachu must be replaced with Red.
  • You can use any trainer, as long as they existed at the time of the Smash game.
  • You must be consistent. If you replace Mewtwo with Brock, then Brock won't be in Brawl, but he will return for Sm4sh.
  • :pt: is only replaced with one trainer, who gets carried over to Sm4sh.
  • You get to add one new trainer to Ultimate.
Here's what I'd do.
Melee: Red, Blue, Giovanni, Clair
Brawl: Red, Blue, Cynthia, Brandon
Sm4sh: Red, Blue, Cynthia, Brandon, Caitlin, Giovanni
Ultimate: Red, Blue, Cynthia, Brandon, Caitlin, Giovanni, Clair, Guzma
64: Red :pikachu64:, Blue :jigglypuff64:
Melee: Red :pikachumelee:, Blue :jigglypuffmelee:, Whitney :pichumelee:, Giovanni :mewtwomelee:
Brawl: Red :pikachu2:, Blue :jigglypuff:, Cynthia :pt:, Wallace :lucario:
Sm4sh: Red :4pikachu:, Blue :4jigglypuff:, Cynthia :4charizard:, Giovanni :4mewtwo:, Wallace :4lucario:, Callum/Serena :4greninja:
Ultimate: Red (SuMo Design) :ultpikachu:, Blue (SuMo Design) :ultjigglypuff:, Cynthia :ultpokemontrainer:, Giovanni :ultmewtwo:, Wallace :ultlucario:, Callum/Serena :ultgreninja:, Whitney :ultpichu:, Professor Kukui (New)

blazefan519

Smash Ace
She still got more votes than him
*dabs*
Okay sorry, but please don't kill my hopes of seeing Shantae in Smash
I don't think anyone here is trying to kill your hopes in seeing Shantae in smash. They certainly aren't killing mine. I think they're just trying to put things into perspective.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
PW's been around for years from what I've seen.
For Capcom reps it's always been Megaman, Ryu, and then Wright inches out above Dante, Amaterasu. That's just what I see though.
If there were another Capcom rep, besides Ken, it'd be him imo.
Will spontaneously combust if he's added.
Got a feeling Ken will be it at best for base roster, but I keep hope alive till he's disconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom