• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Loz18 was pretty shaky, but this 81zoL Guy has got my attention. I tell ya.
Denial's a bad thing. Denial's assuming I'm actually right. I'm all for the pride to post more dab gifs and SHUFFLN's if it happens but I never wanted Steve in the first place. I just think he's Banjo's blockade to even atyemot to get in.
I know. I get that and I completely understand it. The logic is sound enough that it trumps any real Banjo logic and all I have left to stand on is the notion that Sakurai would prefer Banjo. That’s what I think. But that’s not a good argument and I know it.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It lines up with what loz18 has said in the past (see spoiler 1) about having made an account "somewhere" and info coming out there. Gaia Online's forums are practically dead, so it'd be a smart place to get in, post information, and get out before being found. What he says is consistent with Vergeben's statements (Love him or hate him Vergeben is our one reliable leaker so far). I've included the post in spoiler 2 below. loz18 may have taken a hit of credibility after he dove off the deep end, but it's been proven that he had/has insider information, so he's still kind of worth listening to.
Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 11.07.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 10.59.23 PM.png

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I can't believe that person who did the Agnès leak did all that work for the renders and threw it all away because they used a Spanish E accent instead of the French one; so that deconfirms that ENTIRE LEAK. And that's hilarious to me.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I never thought I'd say this, but loz18 makes Vergeben look downright reliable.
Sadly, that’s probably true. I think it’s very likely he only knew stuff from E3 and maybe some of the direct but that’s it. Everything else is just speculation at this point and he seems to have been sniffed out.

Verge doesn’t seem to have much go for him aside from his original leak with Ice Climbers, Ridley, Simon, and everyone from Smash 4 coming back. So far nothing past that seems to have been proven yet with the exception of a disconfirmed Mimikyu, and some characters he just flat doesn’t even know (Gen 7 Rep).

It’s been shady with leaks recently, and I don’t blame them, Nintendo has been rock solid with leaks lately.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't believe that person who did the Agnès leak did all that work for the renders and threw it all away because they used a Spanish E accent instead of the French one; so that deconfirms that ENTIRE LEAK. And that's hilarious to me.
There was also the fact he got Agnes' hair backwards.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Then you're the first person I've seen to be ok with it. It comes out of nowhere and serves no purpose, and it's just completely unnecessary because at that point we already proved Link's worth as a hero
Is it the flooded forest mission? If it is, I genuinely love that part.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Or Sakurai has some random piece of furniture in the background.
I hope he has a black and white chair next time so we can all go back to arguing over if Agnes would be an awful idea or not!

Or how about orange and blue to signify Goku?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Skyward Sword Problems that can be fixed in a remake

1. The game should only repeat item pick-up descriptions if you've been gone from the game for more than a week.
2. We don't need Fi telling us things we already know.
3. The cloud barrier should have been blue and not yellow/beige.
4. I actually kinda agree with Arin Hanson on this one: The Stamina Wheel as it worked in Skyward Sword was kind of pointless.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Skyward Sword Problems that can be fixed in a remake

1. The game should only repeat item pick-up descriptions if you've been gone for the game for more than a weak.
2. We don't need Fi telling us things we already know.
3. The cloud barrier should have been blue and not yellow/beige.
4. I actually kinda agree with Arin Hanson on this one: The Stamina Wheel as it worked in Skyward Sword was kind of pointless.
Yeah but I still don't really want to play it with motion controls.

So.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
There was also the fact he got Agnes' hair backwards.
Oh I know, honestly if they would have kept Agnès out of the leak they probably would have gotten away with it. But her render looking pretty off and her name being wrong just obviously killed everything else in that leak. And they probably spent quite a long time on those renders too. Oof. haha

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't really believe it because ANYONE can just go on a forum and create an account named loz or zol in this case.

That Isabelle thing is a good point

But did loz outright DENY Isabelle or just say his sources had no information so he didn't believe it? He could have learned something new since last time he posted about that.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Oh I know, honestly if they would have kept Agnès out of the leak they probably would have gotten away with it. But her render looking pretty off and her name being wrong just obviously killed everything else in that leak. And they probably spent quite a long time on those renders too. Oof. haha
Is the Ken """render""" from the same leak? Because I still can't process people thinking that's even remotely real. It's even uglier than SFV's Ken.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Hello my name is Loz. I'm here to tell you Minecraft is indeed getting a new character in Smash. It's Herobrine. Steve is an echo.

Edit: Trying to make jokes when you're tired and not rereading what you typed is hard.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Is the Ken """render""" from the same leak? Because I still can't process people thinking that's even remotely real. It's even uglier than SFV's Ken.
Yeah his face was a bit off BUT Ryu's Ultimate Render is kinda weird too honestly. I think the leaker tried their best to match Ryu's face style.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If someone had shown me Ken's default SFV appearance before SFV released, I'd say that was fake, too.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't really believe it because ANYONE can just go on a forum and create an account named loz or zol in this case.

That Isabelle thing is a good point

But did loz outright DENY Isabelle or just say his sources had no information so he didn't believe it? He could have learned something new since last time he posted about that.
I remember he said on at least 2 occasions that Isabelle was not in.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah but I still don't really want to play it with motion controls.

So.
Makes me wonder...

The Switch comes with multiple controller styles built into it's design, and only one of them lacks the button count of the others (unlike the Wii).

In a hypothetical Skyward Sword remake, would they go all out with the motion controls (again)? Or would they allow people to actually play with the other controller options and the pro controller?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently it being loz has been proven fake by the person's grammar.

He used "Dont" instead of "don't" multiple times. Including in a 4chan thread about the post

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
If someone had shown me Ken's default SFV appearance before SFV released, I'd say that was fake, too.
Yes!

But

Screenshot_19.png

I'll never expect THIS kind of quality from Smash Bros. The mouth is so horribly pasted and in the wrong perspective (just look at the nose) that it bothers me very deeply. I think the worst part of this is that this was done by someone who copy-pasted stuff from other characters without actually understanding Smash Ultimate's artstyle (or... figure drawing in general)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Makes me wonder...

The Switch comes with multiple controller styles built into it's design, and only one of them lacks the button count of the others (unlike the Wii).

In a hypothetical Skyward Sword remake, would they go all out with the motion controls (again)? Or would they allow people to actually play with the other controller options and the pro controller?
Considering how heavily integrated the motion controls are in the game, I doubt it'd be optional. Similarly, if the Prime Trilogy is put on Switch, I doubt we'd be able to use anything without motion controls as a selling point was the more refined motion controls

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On the Pokemon Trainer discussion, I'm getting a little tired of arguing about it, but I'll leave it with this;

I hate to say it but Charizard is an extremely mediocre character in Smash 4 and Rock Smash is an awesome but extremely situational move that only helps him with his main weaknesses a little bit. I don't see how being able to switch to Squirtle in an instant, who is far better at escaping pressure situations is anything but a huge buff for the Zard. Even if you could make the case that Zard might be holding Squirt back (which I'll still disagree with), to argue that Squirt is holding Zard back seems ridiculous to me.

Anyway we won't know how could the Trainer will be for sure until release, but even if they're bottom tier, I'm still maining all three of them and I can't think of anything that would change my mind on that.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
On the Pokemon Trainer discussion, I'm getting a little tired of arguing about it, but I'll leave it with this;

I hate to say it but Charizard is an extremely mediocre character in Smash 4 and Rock Smash is an awesome but extremely situational move that only helps him with his main weaknesses a little bit. I don't see how being able to switch to Squirtle in an instant, who is far better at escaping pressure situations is anything but a huge buff for the Zard. Even if you could make the case that Zard might be holding Squirt back (which I'll still disagree with), to argue that Squirt is holding Zard back seems ridiculous to me.

Anyway we won't know how could the Trainer will be for sure until release, but even if they're bottom tier, I'm still maining all three of them and I can't think of anything that would change my mind on that.
Pfft. My guess is he will be a good character. Built in Smash 4 air dodge? The character as a whole will be fine. Just fine.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Makes me wonder...

For the sake of pride, I seriously doubt they would release a non-motion-control version of the game. It would be admitting that the initial concept behind gameplay and enemy design was flawed. If they truly believe that, they're more likely to never let the game see the light of day again. If they don't believe that, they have no reason to significantly alter it in that way.

All the same, I'd love to play it with a button remap that allows you to use the control stick to aim your sword before slicing, something akin to Metal Gear: Revengeance (or what I picture it being, since I haven't actually played it). If someone were actually able to mod that into reality, I would totally install a Wii emulator for that singular purpose.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
So, lets see...
Have played: :ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultike::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucario::ultluigi::ultmario::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
Haven't played: :ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultgnw::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultroy::ultryu::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultwolf:

Simon, Ness, Captain Falcon, Falco and Wolf will soon switch places.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yes!

But

View attachment 160869

I'll never expect THIS kind of quality from Smash Bros. The mouth is so horribly pasted and in the wrong perspective (just look at the nose) that it bothers me very deeply. I think the worst part of this is that this was done by someone who copy-pasted stuff from other characters without actually understanding Smash Ultimate's artstyle (or... figure drawing in general)
Oh, you misunderstand. I don't disagree with you.

I'm just still salty over Ken's SFV design. It's atrocious. Ryu gets a Hot Ryu costume and Ken gets douchebag-at-the-gym-with-bananas-on-his-head as his default.

KMDP

Smash Legend
For the sake of pride, I seriously doubt they would release a non-motion-control version of the game. It would be admitting that the initial concept behind gameplay and enemy design was flawed. If they truly believe that, they're more likely to never let the game see the light of day again. If they don't believe that, they have no reason to significantly alter it in that way.

All the same, I'd love to play it with a button remap that allows you to use the control stick to aim your sword before slicing, something akin to Metal Gear: Revengeance (or what I picture it being, since I haven't actually played it). If someone were actually able to mod that into reality, I would totally install a Wii emulator for that singular purpose.
You could allow the player to use the right control stick to swing the sword while locked on, while otherwise pressing the B button makes Link fight like the non-Motion Control games.

It's... not a perfect solution to the problem of mapping the controls to the controller but...

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Oh, you misunderstand. I don't disagree with you.

I'm just still salty over Ken's SFV design. It's atrocious. Ryu gets a Hot Ryu costume and Ken gets douchebag-at-the-gym-with-bananas-on-his-head as his default.
It's amazing how far a full beard and going fully shirtless can go. Hot Ryu is a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom