• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't know if this is Falcon music or Christian music.
Don't you know Falcon's hatred of anime stems from the fact that he comes from the American South and is a devout Christian?

Japanimation with it's darned moon-speak is the work of the devil, and must be purged from the world.
(This is a joke)

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Checking back on F-Zero music.

I don't know if this is Falcon music or Christian music. :drflip:
Considering that he beat God at the end of the game... this is technically aesthetic music...

or Satanic...

or maybe that means Captain Falcon is our new God and we've been performing sacrilege by not asking for more F-Zero games...

Last edited:

Chrono.

Who is the more popular choice, Tails as a unique fighter or Shadow as an echo? I know I’d rather Tails.
I've been seeing a lot more support for Tails recently (both here and on Reddit at least), but Shadow is still much more popular as a choice for Smash I'd say. Though a lot of people I'm also seeing just really expect him and don't really "want" him.

If there's one thing Tails has going for him is that he actually feels possible this time and not a huge pipedream lol. That's probably why his support has resurfaced. Shadow even more so, with the concept of echo fighters he was the first one I thought of when they announced it.

I would love if both somehow made it in, Tails has been my most wanted characters for years now and I like Shadow a lot too. I even made up a trailer concept in my head for him, which is how you know I've fallen too deep into the hype lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don't you know Falcon's hatred of anime stems from the fact that he comes from the American South and is a devout Christian?

Japanimation with it's darned moon-speak is the work of the devil, and must be purged from the world.
(This is a joke)
So does this obvious fact mean he hate his own anime?

Heracr055

Smash Ace
The character I am most excited for returning is Young Link, by miles. There's just something about the character I really like. Maybe it's that MM is my favorite Zelda game, maybe it's his improved speed vs Link's in Melee, or fire arrows, the Lon Lon Milk taunt, the best looking design in the game...hard to say.
I was excited for Wolf (who I mained for about a third of Brawl) but it wore off real fast. Now I'm kind of eh about him.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
So does this obvious fact mean he hate his own anime?
Like I said a few weeks ago.

In order to truly know your enemy (and therefore take them down more efficiently) you must first understand them, and you can do that by walking a mile in their shoes.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I've been seeing a lot more support for Tails recently (both here and on Reddit at least), but Shadow is still much more popular as a choice for Smash I'd say. Though a lot of people I'm also seeing just really expect him and don't really "want" him.

If there's one thing Tails has going for him is that he actually feels possible this time and not a huge pipedream lol. That's probably why his support has resurfaced. Shadow even more so, with the concept of echo fighters he was the first one I thought of when they announced it.

I would love if both somehow made it in, Tails has been my most wanted characters for years now and I like Shadow a lot too. I even made up a trailer concept in my head for him, which is how you know I've fallen too deep into the hype lol.
Yeah, Shadow really doesn't do anything for me, but he's such an obvious echo. I really only know the earliest Sonic games (so anyone after Knuckles is kind of a mystery to me), but I always favored Tails.

I'm just scared that he is already written off by Green Hill Zone. It seemed like a good place back in Brawl since we were never gonna get two Sonic characters back then, but now with the Knux promotion, it's really not cool anymore. Sonic needs his answer to Luigi now more than ever.

And by all means write up your trailer idea. I actually did one this morning for Tails in the Direct a Trailer thread, and it's fun to see what we all come up with.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Which character I'm most excited to see return? Oh gosh, considering this is ME we're talking about, I don't know if I have one...

I guess I'll go with :ultpokemontrainer: but only because that stamina bull**** is gone...
What do you mean? Aren't you excited for :ultyoshi:?
I can't believe they brought him back after being cut from Dragon King: The Fighters.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Like I said a few weeks ago.

In order to truly know your enemy (and therefore take them down more efficiently) you must first understand them, and you can do that by walking a mile in their shoes.
Why would he do such a thing...he used one of the greatest Falcon Punches of all time thanks to the anime...****it I’m sticking with :ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultlucario::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultryu::ultsimon::ultsonic:
Anime heroes

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
I’ve said it once and I’ll try bringing it up again but everyone in this forum blatantly IGNORES the fact that Tails is in the background of the Green Hill Zone stage. This should deconfirm him in the same way it would if he was an assist trophy right???

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
My Super Smash Bros Timeline

Super Smash Bros.
Owned It: Yes
Series I Played When Released
:mario64::dk64::link64::yoshi64::kirby64::pikachu64:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
:mariomelee::dkmelee::linkmelee::yoshimelee::kirbymelee::foxmelee::pikachumelee:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Project M: Yes
:mario2::dk2::link2::yoshi2::kirby2::fox::pikachu2::falcon::marth::warioc::sonic:

Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS
:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4falcon::4ness::4marth::4pit::4wario2::4sonic::4villager::4megaman::4pacman::4duckhunt::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U
:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4falcon::4ness::4marth::4pit::4wario2::4sonic::4villager::4megaman::4pacman::4duckhunt::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Series I Play As Of Post
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultfalcon::ultness::ultmarth::ultpit::ultwario::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultsimon:

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I’ve said it once and I’ll try bringing it up again but everyone in this forum blatantly IGNORES the fact that Tails is in the background of the Green Hill Zone stage. This should deconfirm him in the same way it would if he was an assist trophy right???
If it was a brand new stage, sure (Poor Captain Toad). But that was part of the stage when it debuted in Brawl, it's just faithful to the original GHZ stage that Tails, Knuckles, and Silver are there. Just like how Dream Land 64 still has that Dedede sprite except when Dedede is being played. Also Knuckles is an assist yet he's also still in the background as well meaning it's possible to have Knuckles at two places at once. (Even if the RNG makes it nearly impossible)

I get how it can at least decrease chances, but it's not a complete deconfirm. Minor stage cameos are definitely not on the level of Assist Trophy or Stage Hazard deconfirms especially if it's a returning stage.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's silly, but now that Squirt and Ivy are back, I'm horrified of Zard's U-throw being nerfed. Having a killthrow that can kill really early with proper positioning feels like something Zard was only able to get away with because he was so lackluster in other areas. But now that he has his old partners back to cover his weaknesses they might decide it's too much. Zards's U-throw is the coolest throw in the game and to see it lose some of its use would be such a huge shame.

Do we know if it's still good in the demo by the way? I heard that kill throws in general got a universal nerf.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's silly, but now that Squirt and Ivy are back, I'm horrified of Zard's U-throw being nerfed. Having a killthrow that can kill really early with proper positioning feels like something Zard was only able to get away with because he was so lackluster in other areas. But now that he has his old partners back to cover his weaknesses they might decide it's too much. Zards's U-throw is the coolest throw in the game and to see it lose some of its use would be such a huge shame.

Do we know if it's still good in the demo by the way? I heard that kill throws in general got a universal nerf.
I heard that grabs have been nerfed across the board except for tethers (which bodes well for my boi) but I haven't heard anything about killthrows

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Snake and Wolf are the cut characters I'm glad made it back. The other cut characters I have no strong attachment to.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I heard that grabs have been nerfed across the board except for tethers (which bodes well for my boi) but I haven't heard anything about killthrows
Well it was just something I heard without any evidence, so it could have been totally wrong. People haven't been able to properly test a lot of things so we're at a point where it's easy for false rumors to spread.

KMDP

Smash Legend
How unfortunate that the game where Link loses his tether grab is also the game where standard throws are nerfed. :laugh:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do any of you remember Peach having her own game? I like some of the music from it. Kind of wish we got a track or two in the game. I don't any of them made it in yet.

Fury Volcano is a banger.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I suppose I'll play:

64: Wasn't born when it released (just missed it), played it after I played Brawl
Owned it: no
Played it: yes, but after I played Brawl. I also bought it on the Wii Shop Channel when it came out

Melee:
Owned it: no, my mom didn't let me get it because it was rated T for Teen
Played it: once, at the midnight release of Sm4sh for 3DS

Brawl:
Owned it: still do
Played it: all the time
Series I'd played by then:
:mario2::kirby2::pikachu2:

Sm4sh:
Owned it: still do
Played it: yes
Series I'd played by then:
:4mario::4kirby::4pikachu::4shulk::4littlemac::4megaman::4pacman::4samus::4falcon::4fox::4marth::4villager::4ryu::4link::4duckhunt::4sonic:
Other: Custom Robo, Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment

Smash Bros Ultimate:
Series I've played as of this point:
:ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultmario::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultpit::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultyoshi::ultcloud::ultryu:

I'm sure I missed some, but this is most of it. Smash Bros. introduced me to most of the series that I still love to this day. If this isn't representative of how strong Smash Bros. is in that aspect than I don't know what is.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
When Tails is busy fighting in Green Hill Zone, Alfonzo will take his place running in the background.
Alfonzo: Leave it to me!

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
If it was a brand new stage, sure (Poor Captain Toad). But that was part of the stage when it debuted in Brawl, it's just faithful to the original GHZ stage that Tails, Knuckles, and Silver are there. Just like how Dream Land 64 still has that Dedede sprite except when Dedede is being played. Also Knuckles is an assist yet he's also still in the background as well meaning it's possible to have Knuckles at two places at once. (Even if the RNG makes it nearly impossible)

I get how it can at least decrease chances, but it's not a complete deconfirm. Minor stage cameos are definitely not on the level of Assist Trophy or Stage Hazard deconfirms especially if it's a returning stage.
The difference with Tails is that Tails would be a new character, even if Tails appeared in both the stage and as a character, I don’t think they would show off Green Hill Zone until Tails was revealed. To me, at least, it does not make sense to show a character as a stage element and then go back and reveal them as playable. I think there is definitely room for characters to be both a stage element and an assist trophy like with Knuckles, the Moon, and possibly Tingle, but I don’t think there is room for characters who are confirmed stage elements already to later be confirmed as characters in the same game.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Do any of you remember Peach having her own game? I like some of the music from it. Kind of wish we got a track or two in the game. I don't any of them made it in yet.

Not including the Yoshi's Island games or Super Paper Mario, Super Princess Peach is the 2D Mario Platformer I've played the most by far

honestly any sort of representation for it I appreciate, even few and far between

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I do.

No matter how much I want to forget.

Whoever thought it'd be okay to translate キド・アイラックのつえ (rough translation: Wand of Lit. Joy-Rage Sorrow-Comfort Island) to the ****ing VIBE SCEPTER is either the dumbest person or the dankest memer to ever work on a video game.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
The difference with Tails is that Tails would be a new character, even if Tails appeared in both the stage and as a character, I don’t think they would show off Green Hill Zone until Tails was revealed. To me, at least, it does not make sense to show a character as a stage element and then go back and reveal them as playable. I think there is definitely room for characters to be both a stage element and an assist trophy like with Knuckles, the Moon, and possibly Tingle, but I don’t think there is room for characters who are confirmed stage elements already to later be confirmed as characters in the same game.
They showed off Spirit Tracks (with TL conducting the train) before Toon Link was confirmed to return back in the Smash 4 days.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I do.

No matter how much I want to forget.

Whoever thought it'd be okay to translate キド・アイラックのつえ (rough translation: Wand of Lit. Joy-Rage Sorrow-Comfort Island) to the ****ing VIBE SCEPTER is either the dumbest person or the dankest memer to ever work on a video game.
Don't forget "Peach's XXX" in Super Mario RPG. Nintendo's been doing dirty humour since before you were born.

Hopefully Geno brings it with him. :troll:

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
They showed off Spirit Tracks (with TL conducting the train) before Toon Link was confirmed to return back in the Smash 4 days.
This is definitely true but to me it’s a little different because Toon Link was a veteran character. We have never seen a newcomer exist in the game as another element before being revealed as playable. I’m not saying Tails is impossible, but I’m extremely doubtful because of GHZ.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I'll never forget it because the whole game is literally a ****ing innuendo for dildos. I'm going to be mega disappointed if her emotion superpower isnt Peach's new final smash.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'll never forget it because the whole game is literally a ****ing innuendo for dildos. I'm going to be mega disappointed if her emotion superpower isnt Peach's new final smash.
No no no, Ari.

It was Dildos and PMS.

Get it right.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not including the Yoshi's Island games or Super Paper Mario, Super Princess Peach is the Mario Platformer I've played the most by far

honestly any sort of representation for it I appreciate, even few and far between
Yeah, it was a pretty fun game. I had a GBA with Yoshi's Island and Mario Bros. 2on it, and my sister had a DS with this and Metroid Prime Hunters. I played the crap out of all those games.

I need to cop some of the Mega Man Battle Network games soon, but I'm kind of hoping they get their own Legacy Collection like the MMX and Classic Mega Man games did.

SonicMario

Smash Master
To be fair, Tails hasn't even shown up in official material or officially released screenshots. Just the demo for Smash Ultimate. Maybe if we've clearly seen Tails in the background in one of the directs maybe there'd be a case for it being a strong deconfirm. But it certainly isn't quite there yet.

I do think at the very least Tails should get something more then just the cameo even if he's not playable. Tails and Knuckles both got Mii costumes and Knuckles already got upgraded to Assist. We don't know Shadow's status and he could be an echo fighter. Just might be mighty annoying if both Shadow and Knuckles get some sort of upgrade while Tails gets nothing more then the cameo and Mii costume (Though that may open him up to be DLC if it is that way in the base game). I'd gladly take Tails as a 2nd Sonic assist trophy as much as it'd hurt at first.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Smash Bros timeline stuff.

Smash 64:

Owned it: No.
Played it: Yes.
Series I'd played by then: None.

Melee:

Owned it: Yes... sort of.
Played it: Yes.
Series I'd play by then: None.

Brawl:

Owned it: At one point I owned it, but I traded it in towards a pre-order for Ultimate.
Played it: Yes
Series I'd played by then: None

Smash 4:

Owned it: Yes, still do.
Played it: Yes
Series I'd played by then: :4mario::4falcon::4dk::4kirby::4sonic::4pikachu::4shulk::4megaman::4link::4wiifit::4fox::4ryu::4pacman::4ness::4pit::4olimar::4gaw::4yoshi::4wario2::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4villager::4drmario:

Ultimate:

Owned it: I will once it releases.
Played it: Not yet :(
Series I'd played by then: :ultmario::ultfalcon::ultdk::ultkirby::ultsonic::ultpikachu::ultshulk::ultmegaman::ultlink::ultwiifittrainer::ultfox::ultryu::ultpacman::ultness::ultpit::ultolimar::ultgnw::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac::ultvillager::ultdoc::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultsimon:

I probably have missed a couple of things here and there but... yeah, my life became quite storied in terms of video games after Brawl's release, especially once modding for the Wii had become more accessible and widespread :p

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is definitely true but to me it’s a little different because Toon Link was a veteran character. We have never seen a newcomer exist in the game as another element before being revealed as playable. I’m not saying Tails is impossible, but I’m extremely doubtful because of GHZ.
Technically he wasn’t a vet until he was officially revealed
Just might be mighty annoying if both Shadow and Knuckles get some sort of upgrade while Tails gets nothing more then the cameo and Mii costume
Inb4 Tails only gets a normal trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom