• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here's a lesson in leak 101:
You wanna know how to make a real Smash leak? Show some footage. Not some pansy **** like Rayman leak where it was the select screen and the lack of Xander made the woke people go thinking emoji, I'm talking about that fake leak footage of Spring Man doing B-Airs. CSS ain't ****, but it's way harder to disprove game footage if you take the time.

We know the game is rated. Another ESRB leak is not far off if it somehow gets nabbed again.

Not to mention Skull Kid is a photoshopped Little Mac.
1521862893999.jpg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Remember the days of Artsy Omni leaks?
And how one guy and an afternoon's worth of photoshop managed to cause half the internet to implode?

Can we go back to those days?

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Here's a lesson in leak 101:
You wanna know how to make a real Smash leak? Show some footage. Not some pansy **** like Rayman leak where it was the select screen and the lack of Xander made the woke people go thinking emoji, I'm talking about that fake leak footage of Spring Man doing B-Airs. CSS ain't ****, but it's way harder to disprove game footage if you take the time.

We know the game is rated. Another ESRB leak is not far off if it somehow gets nabbed again.

View attachment 159833
that makes me wonder if we will see another leak on the level of the ESRB one? Its already been rated so it does beg the question if we might see something like that.

Tho sakurai seems to be actively working around leaks and avoiding them at all costs.

D

Deleted member

Can I ask you guys a question? Just never seen it discussed.

We seem very sure that Smash Ultimate will get loads of DLC.
Yet, Smash 4 got...a few veterans, Ryu, Bayo, Cloud, and Corrin as DLC.
4 newcomers. Yes, third-parties but 4 nonetheless.

Do we feel Ultimate will be different? And why?
Biggest difference I think is that there are no veterans to bring back thanks to "Everyone is Here!"

Any DLC that may or may not happen will be all new characters, and TBH Smash 4's short support cycle can pretty much be attributed to the Wii U tanking in sales. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Splatoon 2 level of commitment and support for Ultimate, perhaps even more.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spongebob Squarepants will be op
It was cool to hate on Brawl before Smash 4 came out, so when Smash 6 happens, people will probably hate on Ultimate and Smash 4 will be praised for the same reasons people hate on it now. Such is the circle of Smash.

I don't like Sonic.
I don’t like the Smash Circle...nor do I like you not liking Sonic
:pikachu64: hmu when Smash 64 competitive becomes an actual thing
So...never

D

Deleted member

Good night everyone, I had fun.

I am going to bed.

The leak is fake, because they blurred it to make it look shocking and convincing.
A true leak would actually show great footage and not make it too blurry.
Remember the days of Artsy Omni leaks?
And how one guy and an afternoon's worth of photoshop managed to cause half the internet to implode?

Can we go back to those days?
No. We do not need chaos over a fake leak.
Up the contrast a bit and you shall see definitive proof that this leak is fake.
Are not we all photoshopped Little Macs?

Untouch

Smash Master
I hope smash ultimate's CSS works like smash 4's, where the background box all the boxes is consistent. This killed a lot of fake leaks right out of the gate, even bigger ones.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
that makes me wonder if we will see another leak on the level of the ESRB one? Its already been rated so it does beg the question if we might see something like that.

Tho sakurai seems to be actively working around leaks and avoiding them at all costs.
How did the ESRB leak even happen? I'm mega curious.

D

Deleted member

Up the contrast a bit and you shall see definitive proof that this leak is fake.
But now see you're DOUBLE WRONG because you forgot that Mr. Game & Watch's hand is hovering over Skull Kid's icon!!
Looks like we're gonna have to wait until the GameXplain analysis. You're done kiddo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Which makes me sad because I would LOVE Smash 64 mods that had "new" characters like Marth or a different Ganon that worked in the jank 64 style.
If only...
We still got a century or so for that to happen

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We still got a century or so for that to happen
I don't think it'd be that hard, I mean they're only N64 models. I guess the problem is you'd have to make some from scratch or try to rescale preexisting ones or something. I still want it happen though. or maybe i'll do it if i actually try

D

Deleted member

Man, I missed these.
Renders look terrible lol
Skull Kid is the only ine with a POSE I could see being used, all the others don't even have poses that fit with the Ultimate renders.

I won't give E for Effort because there was none but I'll give it an E for Entertaining because I barely see image leaks nowadays. What happened to these? They were so common back in Smash 4. Omni just made everyone quit fake leaking I guess

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Phosphora...if only she did more in Uprising
I don't think it'd be that hard, I mean they're only N64 models. I guess the problem is you'd have to make some from scratch or try to rescale preexisting ones or something. I still want it happen though. or maybe i'll do it if i actually try
I think the only real problem is people not being interested in wanting to use 64 like models in this current generation of gaming life (Smash wise)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
https://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCana...ning_an_amiibo_unlocks_the_character_in_ssbu/

Interesting, so it seems scanning an amiibo of an unlockable character will automatically unlock them.
I can already here the cries-

"PAY TO WIN GARBAGE!" "NINTENDOWN THE DRAIN!" "THIS IS THE END!"

They're here.

Joking aside, this is a nice use for Amiibo. I'm glad I'll be able to unlock my favorite characters from the beginning, so I can use them for clearing content.

No text leaks have mentioned this at all.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
https://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCana...ning_an_amiibo_unlocks_the_character_in_ssbu/

Interesting, so it seems scanning an amiibo of an unlockable character will automatically unlock them.
Finally, all my years of hoarding have paid off!

Nah, I wouldn't even try to use amiibos to cheat. I think unlockable characters are a grace and having goddamn 66 of them at the very least would be a blast for me to go through. I love me some challenges, and it'd give me incentive to actually do some of the 1P mode stuff for extended periods of time. They give them purpose instead of some random **** like achievements or trophy hunting.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
It is certainly just a small bonus. Those without amiibo have nothing to worry about here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As I said earlier in the thread today, I kinda doubt it. Text leaks are pretty much all we're gonna get this time around, which apart from Vergeben, are usually just as helpful as me going to 4chan and typing:

"yo WASSUP smeesh bruh kidz, want some info? here's da hot and spicy newcomerz!1!11:

purpleWAA
bear guy with birb
angry fire kitty
zulda mask boy
pinoccio
fork knife guy

dis info is teh bestest, i got it from my dad's uncle's sister's friend that chats with saki guy on the twitters lul xD"

...So, not very helpful at all, lol. :p

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ok. Going to bed. I update all the banners in my thread. I saw an error in text, so I fixed all the names. Just fyi. If you copied the link address, old ones will be gone. But now they are more accurate.

Also added in a bunch.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here's something that's been on my mind recently. Should Echoes be unlocked alongside certain characters? Should you unlock them separately? Or should you earn both by having to defeat the both of them at once?

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know where the old Smash 4 Leaks Group ended uo being archived?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Here's something that's been on my mind recently. Should Echoes be unlocked alongside certain characters? Should you unlock them separately? Or should you earn both by having to defeat the both of them at once?
I think they'll be unlocked separately, and I think they should be too. It'd make them feel a little more unique instead of just copies.
Sure echoes are clones but they have some differences.
Though I could totally see them being unlocked at the same time.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If this intel is true, my roster would be close to complete on day 1.

Original 8
Lucina
Greninja
Mewtwo
Mega Man
Peach
Inkling
Lucario
Sheik
Sonic
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Roy
Ryu
Lucas
Pit
Rosalina
Pokemon Trainer (by way of Charizard amiibo)
Palutena
Robin
Bayonetta
Shulk
Zero Suit Samus
Olimar
Ganondorf
Corrin
Luigi
Dark Pit
Pac-Man
Zelda
Ike
Little Mac
Marth

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Miibos unlocked characters I’d buy the Cloud and Snake ones and then use them and my Ike amiibo but then just unlock therest normally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom