• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Wambo

Smash Ace
>Goes on Smashboards
>See people talking about leaked pic
>"OwO What's this?!"
>Literally just a photo-shopped Little Mac

**** you guys, lol

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
>Goes on Smashboards
>See people talking about leaked pic
>OwO What's this?!
>Literally just a photo-shopped Little Mac

**** you guys, lol
It’s not just any picture. This is the fusion of Little Mac and Gothitelle.

GOTHIMAC!

(How the hell did we come to this?)

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I couldn’t unlock anybody with amiibos haha, since I just have DK, Mario Party Mario Amiibo, and Pikachu. I plan on getting Mewtwo, Diddy, Kirby, Meta Knight, King D, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Rool, the Pokémon Trainer Pokemon, and more haha.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I know it probably doesnt matter but Genos popularity outside of his hardcore fans is kinda questionable to me.
I have nothing against him at all, in fact I hope he makes it
But like every tournament I go to almost no one really cares about him. Most ppl say they wanna see Isaac, or Skull Kid, or etc over him

A part of me worries Geno fans might be overestimating how popular he truly is with the masses

Wambo

Smash Ace
It’s not just any picture. This is the fusion of Little Mac and Gothitelle.

GOTHIMAC!

(How the hell did we come to this?)
Why are we still here?... Just to suffer?...

Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers...

The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there...

Okay people, where are my internet points

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I know it probably doesnt matter but Genos popularity outside of his hardcore fans is kinda questionable to me.
But like every tournament I go to almost no one really cares about him. Most ppl say they wanna see Isaac, or Skull Kid, or etc over him

A part of me worries Geno fans might be overestimating how popular he truly is with the masses
TBH, at this point I think it seems even the most popular characters go uncared for by large chunks of the fanbase.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
On the positive side of news, Vergeben just got more credibility for getting another soulcalibur character right. So if people think the dude is a farce, probably best to think again.

So to tally his possible leaks:

- Isabelle
- Ken
- Incineroar/or Possibly another Gen 7 rep
- another SE Rep (Probably Geno but I'm being biased)

Geno fans don't have to worry about Popularity fortunately. Sakurai himself likes the character and wants him in, hence why his Mii costume got special treatment 3 years ago. Isaac fans in the other hand have to worry about this, especially since Isaac had zero presence in 4.

I do hope both make it in, especially since both of those fanbases deserve closure and a win after 10 years. Skull Kid and Dee too but I put them second to these two simply due to being wanted for much longer.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Anyone else hoping Geno comes out not just because it makes a lot of people happy, but maybe so you have less ditto matches as K. Rool?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Holy heck, you managed to find the clean render too?! You make Vergeben look like an amateur.
Not gonna lie..now I wish a legit leaker would be a smartass and post an image of every character they know as a bad Mac photoshop.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
\
On the positive side of news, Vergeben just got more credibility for getting another soulcalibur character right. So if people think the dude is a farce, probably best to think again.

So to tally his possible leaks:

- Isabelle
- Ken
- Incineroar/or Possibly another Gen 7 rep
- another SE Rep (Probably Geno but I'm being biased)

Geno fans don't have to worry about Popularity fortunately. Sakurai himself likes the character and wants him in, hence why his Mii costume got special treatment 3 years ago. Isaac fans in the other hand have to worry about this, especially since Isaac had zero presence in 4.

I do hope both (And Skull Kid and Dee) make it in, especially since both of those fanbases deserve closure and a win after 10 years.
It's worth mentioning that he was completely wrong about Zarbon and Raditz, to name a few things. Vergeben's constantly gotten things right, but also things wrong. I feel he's still just as credible as before.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "other SE rep" ends up being Sora.
I would be, considering that who exactly owns Sora is a big mish-mash of "what" and Disney.
And also Geno.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I feel Sora is one of the most unlikely but possible candidates, given the spaghetti all over the floor that is the license to use him.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I know it makes me sound childish but I REALLY dont wanna trust vergeban or these leakers.

I just dont see Sakurai letting stuff for this game leak.
While yes Verge has gotten stuff right hes also missed a lot
> K rool, Richter, Dark Samus and Chrom
> Only said Ice Climbers and Snake and not everyone coming back
> Piggybacked off of the simon leak from someone else
> Didnt guess daisy
> Ridley was a relatively safe pick

I still dont think I believe him at all regarding smash. I think hes just trying his hardest to stay relevant since smash people are so hungry for news and will take anything as gospel

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon

I understand this sentiment quite well. In my opinion, it was during the Brawl era that the fan outcry for Geno was the most vocal. That said, I also believe that support for his inclusion has increased over time, despite the clamor perhaps having died down a bit. Additionally, while you mention people saying they'd prefer Isaac or Skull Kid before Geno, I believe we should remember that fans have many wanted characters. While they are personally prioritized, preference doesn't mean they don't also want Geno.

I've been debating his potential inclusion in my head, especially with Disney's IP inclusion in Kingdom Hearts. I do believe Sora to be an independent video game IP separate from Disney, however, I can only imagine Geno's inclusion a better representation from the developer's perspective. While I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm certain Sora's inclusion would be a bit messier than Geno's or even additional Final Fantasy characters.

Wambo

Smash Ace

I still have hope.

> Was popular enough in the ballot to receive his own Mii costume
> Mii costume was the only one to have it's own splash screen, something not even K.Rool's costume got
> Sakurai likes the character and mentioned him numerous times
> There was that whole thing with the model Sakurai bought to use the rifle as a reference. We've yet to see what it was used for
> Another Square Enix character is coming, according to Verge
> Square Enix has apparently been extremely easy to work with. FF only having two songs is due to music rights with Nobuo Uematsu, I believe
> Two Mushroom icons in the song selection. The reason for this has yet to be revealed
> The NoA tweet. "Are you Team Geno or Team Mallow?" (Honestly, the weakest argument out of all of these)

He's coming.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I know it makes me sound childish but I REALLY dont wanna trust vergeban or these leakers.

> Didnt guess daisy

I still dont think I believe him at all regarding smash. I think hes just trying his hardest to stay relevant since smash people are so hungry for news and will take anything as gospel
Ridley has never been a safe pick. Sakurai gave specific reason why he would not be in Smash, regardless of fan demand. To say he was safe as a pick was to ignore Sakurai himself.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

> Didnt guess daisy

The problem with Verge is that he's leaking characters we already all expect.
Isabelle. Ken. Expected since the reveal of Echoes.
Now a new Square Enix rep; everybody and their mother have speculated Geno since day 1.
A Gen 7 Pokemon? Fits the theme.

But also, Ridley was definitely not a safe pick. He was one of the few EXPLICITLY DECONFIRMED Smash characters.
Simon and Ridley is what Verge has got going for him, and few have nearly as much as that.

Verge could very well not be telling the truth. There's no real way to know because these leaks are all so...well, obvious.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I think its better to ignore leakers and just wait for official reveals. Its not like we have to wait long for said information

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
The problem with Verge is that he's leaking characters we already all expect.
Isabelle. Ken. Expected since the reveal of Echoes.
Now a new Square Enix rep; everybody and their mother have speculated Geno since day 1.
A Gen 7 Pokemon? Fits the theme.

But also, Ridley was definitely not a safe pick. He was one of the few EXPLICITLY DECONFIRMED Smash characters.
Simon and Ridley is what Verge has got going for him, and few have nearly as much as that.

Verge could very well not be telling the truth. There's no real way to know because these leaks are all so...well, obvious.
Bottom of the barrel for fan favorites and the only reason we believe them now is because Sakurai has made it clear that fan demand is important for this installment.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Only if the source misconstrued Sora to be a Square-Enix rep, which is possible since it's a common misconception, but Kingdom Hearts is entirely owned by Disney..which you can honestly see best on any non-PlayArts figures' boxes, such as the S.H.Figuarts, Funko, and this one since they removed the Square-Enix logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom