• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I actually thought he'd be a better "detective" archetype pick than Ayumi. Ayumi just has more games I think, but I think his design would be cool.
I'd honestly rather have a "refined-esque" comic book like character rather than an anime schoolgirl. His design is just so unique, and his trophy is still the only "animated" trophy in Smash Bros. My heart will always go for Phoenix Wright, but if Kyle was chosen either due to better ease of licensing rights or what-not, I'd be okay with him over Phoenix.

StormC

Smash Hero
Wish TPC pushed for midnight Lycanroc instead since it's actually anthropomorphic and my favorite SM Pokemon.

Blah blah blah 2edgy, Lucario wanna-be. But damn, this would be a sweet choice for the first earth-based fighter in Smash.

Untouch

Smash Master
This.

I'm still curious though, is it a cartridge that they're sent or is it some type of download that we don't know about? Boggles my mind.
I've seen pictures of demo kiosks in stores where the files are just downloaded with a system update.

D

Deleted member

Wish TPC pushed for midnight Lycanroc instead since it's actually anthropomorphic and my favorite SM Pokemon.

Blah blah blah 2edgy, Lucario wanna-be. But damn, this would be a sweet choice for the first earth-based fighter in Smash.
Wait, people say it's a Lucario wannabe? 0.o

Lycanroc Dusk fights nothing like Lucario. If anything, it's fighting style would probably be closer to Ridley's brutal charges mixed in with some Bowser slashes.

EDIT: I forgot that Lycanroc can use things like Stealth Rock too, so it wouldn't just be physical attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802

I’d prefer Isaac as the first earth based fighter but he’s be cool too

StormC

Smash Hero

Lycanroc Dusk fights nothing like Lucario. If anything, it's fighting style would probably be closer to Ridley's brutal charges mixed in with some Bowser slashes.
What I mean is I've seen people write him off because we don't """need""" another anthropomorphic canine on the Pokemon roster.

I’d prefer Isaac as the first earth based fighter but he’s be cool too
Isaac can be the second!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not saying it was top quality humor but come on my guy. Let me have this.
no

I'd honestly rather have a "refined-esque" comic book like character rather than an anime schoolgirl. His design is just so unique, and his trophy is still the only "animated" trophy in Smash Bros. My heart will always go for Phoenix Wright, but if Kyle was chosen either due to better ease of licensing rights or what-not, I'd be okay with him over Phoenix.
as partrician as you may be, people get more kicks out of "anime school girl" than "gruff detective". for better or for worse. mostly worse

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but seriously

How would Gardevoir as a Mewtwo echo even work??

at least there’s no Gothitelle

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wanted to consider that but that sounds hella costly. What are you exactly gonna do once the kiosk's done and over? Uninstall it and sell it as refurbrished?
I think they're recalled, reprogrammed, and sent back out for kiosks of their next big game. I think.

D

Deleted member

What I mean is I've seen people write him off because we don't """need""" another anthropomorphic canine on the Pokemon roster.!
Oh, okay, I see lol. That makes a lot more sense.

Kinda silly to limit characters based on appearance, though. Not to mention Lucario doesn't look anything like Lycanroc, IMO.

D

Deleted member

as partrician as you may be, people get more kicks out of "anime school girl" than "gruff detective". for better or for worse. mostly worse
Sadly true. Like, the most "anime" I'll take is Rex & Pyra, and even then honestly after playing Xenoblade 2, that's enough "anime" I can handle.
Don't get me wrong, I love animes like Higurashi, PSG and Rozen Maiden, but I guess it's me growing out of something or whatever else. (Kemono Friends and Jojo are cool, though)

We really do live in a society.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pfft, Gardevoir would never work as a Mewtwo echo. It's to sparkly and elegant.

If any pokemon ever echoed Mewtwo, it'd have to be an edgelord like Gothitelle. Obviously.

I feel like this form would have the most moveset flexibility of the three Lycanroc forms. After seeing K.Rool get down on all fours and run, I can see them doing that with Midnight Lycanroc as well so that it can use more similar attacks to its other forms, particularly for its dash attack.

It's actually my least favorite of the three forms, but if there's anyway to incorporate Lycaroc into Smash, I feel like this is the way to do it.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
"The fire is within him, but also within you, so do not hesitate to fight. The seventh tiger is dangerous, ruthless and mean. Those who live in the 4 islands know him well".

A little riddle game regarding a potential character I just figured out for fun lmao.
Ah, a riddle that subtly describe a potential character...
"This video is unavailable in your country"
Well fine, I didn't want to watch it anyway. *huff*
---
So... I went a bit crazy in Roster Maker...

BEHOLD! MY MASTERPIECE!
129 Characters.

Super Smash Bros. Infinite
It's, It's so *sniff* beautiful. You even added Ammy... rarely anyone does that T_T. Well surely It can't any better than th-
Oh, Tougon, you naive fool. It can get way worse that 129 characters.

Oh ho... oh ho ho... oh ho ho ho.
Boom. 153 Characters. Maxxing out the Roster Maker grid.

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
You call this worst? This... this roster is the quintessence of Smash enlightenment, Smash Nirvana, if this was our roster I would want no longer.

D

Deleted member

As far as retro reps go, I put forth the Old Man from the first Zelda.

Because why the heck not? :4pacman:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

EDIT: I forgot that Lycanroc can use things like Stealth Rock too, so it wouldn't just be physical attacks.
That's midnight that's considered the Lucario ripoff. A quadruped can't be considered one.
I wonder if they designed it this way so it could easily be midday's alt

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Wish a leaker would say something like this ^ on their fake list.

Now, why is this important?

Well, it's a character that represents Nintendo's foray into the online age proper.

It/she greets you when a download starts and ends.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What I mean is I've seen people write him off because we don't """need""" another anthropomorphic canine on the Pokemon roster.
So I guess Incineroar is out of the question too? We already have Mewtwo.

I can understand why people would want different Pokemon types like ghost or rock, but rejecting a character because we already have a canine? That's a little silly, especially since Lucario and Midnight look nothing alike and use completely different fighting styles.

Now if Zoroark were on the roster, you might have a case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's midnight. This is Dusk:

I wonder if they designed it this way so it could easily be midday's alt
...Huh. You're right, that one is Dusk. The other one's Midnight.

...D'oh.

Everything I thought I knew was a lie.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Isaac can be the second!
Tbh, there are plenty of Lycanroc supporters that want the Midnight form playable (especially BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 ), From what I’ve seen the Midnight form is very popular. I actually think it’s very be possible that they may include all the forms as playable (maybe as a stance fighter?) It was an idea that began all the way back in early 2017 when Lycanroc was first discussed, and I think something like that can make it stand out even more.

I mean, why not have both Isaac and Lycanroc, I support both... the more earth benders the better!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As far as retro reps go, I put forth the Old Man from the first Zelda.

Because why the heck not? :4pacman:
technically king rhoam's' incognito form is the old man and he's on the great plateu stage

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
When are we gonna get this mewtwo?

Come on, we already have like, 6 dark guys in the game, what's 1 more?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'd rather have a Pokemon character with elemental variety like Lycanroc, than one that... doesn't look (vaguely) like another Pokemon? But Lycanroc doesn't either way, so it's a win win. :p And I actually love the midnight form compared to the dusk form I'm used to seeing.

EDIT:
How about Silvally! Literally all types
Sivally was actually the one I picked after a Gen 7 Pokemon was rumored. It would still be the one I'd prefer, though I rarely see the name brought up.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'd rather have a Pokemon character with elemental variety like Lycanroc, than one that... doesn't look (vaguely) like another Pokemon? But Lycanroc doesn't either way, so it's a win win. :p And I actually love the midnight form compared to the dusk form I'm used to seeing.
How about Silvally! Literally all types

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
That’s kind of why I’m against Inceneroar/Lycanroc. I’d rather something really off-the-wall like, I don’t know, Chandelure get in instead of another mammalian “cool” guy.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
(maybe as a stance fighter?)
That seems weird when it doesn't do that in the games or anime. They didn't take away Pichu's self-damage because that's supposed to be part of its lore, so I don't think they'd invent an ability for Lycanroc to change forms.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That’s kind of why I’m against Inceneroar/Lycanroc. I’d rather something really off-the-wall like, I don’t know, Chandelure get in instead of another mammalian “cool” guy.
It'd be cool, but it ain't gonna happen. We got an Amphibian and that's the best we're gonna get.
Besides, a flaming heel wrestler and an earth-bending dog are cool.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is it wrong that I actually kinda want Alfonzo as the ultimate joke character now?
I don't even know how he'd fight.
You could look at Hyrule Warrior's Toon Link using the train-staff weapon. Just summon a buncha trains to ram into people basically.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think the Pokemon should be too random. There's a difference between picking someone unexpected and picking someone who makes little to no sense.

But if that doesn't bother you, then Gothitelle might actually be the perfect Pokemon for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom