• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Shes essentially Palutenas dark twisted sister
They have the same body type, both use a staff, and medusa uses all of palus specials in her boss fight
Shes basically an evil version of palu since her and palu ruled skyworld together. Shes the darkness to palutenas light
None of the animations for medusa even have to change for her to work as an echo

Shes also a villain, a girl, and an nes villain when smash only has wendy for girl villains
Also if you wanna go there, shes a good scape goat for palutenas customs since customs seem to be gone. She would be an easy way to slap palus other specials onto her
Yeah, I've been increasingly wanting Medusa to get in as a Palutena Echo since she ticks so many boxes. Plus, if the 'Heroes vs Villains' theme of the game does turn out to be true, and I'm thinking it will, she's a great, easy villain to throw in for Kid Icarus.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Where did all the Ashley support come from, and why do people want her? The first time I saw her getting traction was a few months ago. I'd personally prefer 9 and 18 Volt, and Kat and Ana for WarioWare reps.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Where did all the Ashley support come from, and why do people want her? The first time I saw her getting traction was a few months ago. I'd personally prefer 9 and 18 Volt, and Kat and Ana for WarioWare reps.
I've seen support for her as far back as pre Smash 4. She's always had some support base, but after E3 she really grew in support, at least in the west. She's more popular in Japan.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Scarborough Fair/Love is Blue would just become Waluigi's finger guns.

"Bang Bang!! WAH!!"
And instead of bullets he shoots out either L’s or mini Waluigis, with his final smash being rejection (an SMG4 reference)
Don't you know that appearance is literally the only notable thing about a woman?

Just ask the Fashion and Cosmetic industries, they'll tell you the same.
Considering this is the internet...I believe you

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
her AT was missing which made people think she could still happen.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well, Alucard is featured on the Japanese site, no English version just yet.
Not anymore:

Today's Item: Alucard Assist Trophy

Alucard will attack nearby opponents with a flurry of slashes. As the son of Dracula, he can also turn into a bat and charge at opponents farther away. By the way, when you read "DRACULA" backwards, you get...?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not anymore:

Today's Item: Alucard Assist Trophy

Alucard will attack nearby opponents with a flurry of slashes. As the son of Dracula, he can also turn into a bat and charge at opponents farther away. By the way, when you read "DRACULA" backwards, you get...?
He looks so smug and fancy

D

Deleted member

Alucard should have been a fighter even if it meant 3 CV characters. You can't just make an NPC look THAT good in a fighting game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've loved Ashley for years.
The thought of a little girl studying the dark arts and enslaving demons was awesome to me, I was surprised top see she had such a following here though!
The Ashley thread was great, so full of joy and hope and really cool people, it's a shame no one there got their wish.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh for the love off....

You people have no knowledge of the past.

First off...

The "Big three" is a really dumb concept. It's implying that they've all been huge fan requests since pre Brawl, but that's only true if you stretch things a LOOOOOOOT and ignore even more.

You wanna know which characters were really popular pre Brawl? Only Ridley and Geno. K.Rool wasn't a popular pick because most DK fans logically went for Diddy who wasn't in at the time. It wasn't til after Brawl that K.Rool started to get a notable following and I think old K.Rool veterans (and vets in general) can back me up on that. @BKupa666 @Fuzzy Pickles! N3ON N3ON

You wanna know who was popular before Smash 4? Only Ridley and K.Rool. Geno popularity plummeted at that time. Something several veteran Geno supporters like @PsychoIncarnate can vouch for.

Even then, after Smash 4's ballot period, Ridley support took a turn for the worse and Geno was just one of many popular requests.. K.Rool was the king there.

This "big three" only became a thing now. And even then it straight up ignores characters who have had fanbases of equal size and have been waiting just as long like Dixie Kong and Isaac.

I love it when Swamp goes off.

As a lurker of that time. I do remember Diddy being considerably more popular than K. Rool at the time, Sonic being ****ing huge, Simon being big, Isaac being a popular choice, Geno being surprisingly popular, and Ridley being Ridley as usual. The Big 3, wherever it started, has been thrown around a lot. Even in For speculation it was even thrown around a few times. The Big 3 doesn't exist. Just because Ridley and K. Rool got in doesn't mean that Geno, or Isaac, or whoever is considered the third by most people is a lock. Isaac and Geno are probably the two most popular right now. And that's all there is to it.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Right. He said that after E3. He said a half dozen left. I don't think that counts echos. Since King K Rool and Simon are revealed, that leaves 4 more. So, if everything is true this I who I think will be revealed.

A gen 7 Pokemon character (Incineroar or someone else that's not the Owl or the Dog)
A SE rep (probably Geno) Also, the action figure that Sakurai said a while back.
Skull Kid (from Loz)
Bandana Dee ( from the amiibo data)
Echos: Ken, Isabelle, Shadow, and Dixie

How I think they will be revealed:
September normal direct
October newcomer trailer like how Robin was revealed.
November Smash direct like the 50 fact direct.

Friendly reminder, this is just speculation and like Chrom said "Anything can change".
I am not feeling Bandana Dee.

Isaac was teased. Theres rumor on Dante. I would also think Impa as possible Sheik echo

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
To clarify, Vergeben said at least six more characters. So there could be more than 4 Unique newcomers left.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I think I've figured things out when it comes to Geno. He's Square Enix's Boba Fett. His relevance to the overall series is 0; he has no personality, and is immediately forgotten after his appearance. The only thing going for them is a fan-dubbed 'Mysteriousness' and their designs are apparently cool looking.
geno confirmed to be Q.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
To clarify, Vergeben said at least six more characters. So there could be more than 4 Unique newcomers left.
Following from this, I reread the bit where Sakurai said that clones are decided well after the initial roster is made. Obviously Dark Pit and Lucina are exempt from this, and most likely formed the idea early on, but they put the most work into new characters and not into the clones. And like I've said, every game has had over ten characters, and getting only 6 characters done in three years would show that resources weren't used to their fullest, or Sakurai wanted to be lazy, and Sakurai is never lazy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even those examples of characters popular in the Brawl era are skewing towards those currently in active discussion. Not a lot of consideration for Krystal, Claus, Lyn, Goroh, Midna, Bomberman, etc. Those characters were as or more demanded than a lot of characters being thrown around.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Following from this, I reread the bit where Sakurai said that clones are decided well after the initial roster is made. Obviously Dark Pit and Lucina are exempt from this, and most likely formed the idea early on, but they put the most work into new characters and not into the clones. And like I've said, every game has had over ten characters, and getting only 6 characters done in three years would show that resources weren't used to their fullest, or Sakurai wanted to be lazy, and Sakurai is never lazy.
For the record, I agree with you on the "more than six" font.
But wouldn't the veterans and stages be quite the feat of resources on their own?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
For the record, I agree with you on the "more than six" font.
But wouldn't the veterans and stages be quite the feat of resources on their own?
Yes, which is why I'm only saying like 11 total newcomers, which would be the least of any Smash game, including the first. We could even go lower and say 8, which would be fine too

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
You have to account for the fact they brought back and polished nearly 70 old characters. And a lot of them have got some very significant changes and improvements. There's also the fact they remade one-hundred stages. I don't think it's that unreasonable for there to only be 6-8 unique newcomers.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’d rather have 4 playable Sonic characters than 3 Castlevania characters

D

Deleted member

geno confirmed to be Q.
...Like...Star Trek Q? ....Or a different Q? Because Star Trek Q is actually hilarious and has way more personality than Boba Fett ever did lol. Granted, episodes with him in it were essentially what amounted to Filler back in the day since it never ended up having any bearing on the series' overarching story, but at least he was entertaining filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom