• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
RIGGED!! Now K. Rool will get cut in the inevitable Reboot which cuts half the roster and be made an Assist after Sakurai finds out such heresy.
He's opened Pandora's Box already. It's too late.

- - - - -

On a serious note how does anyone have time for speculating Smash 7 (3DS is 4 and Wii U is 5, don't @ me) when Ultimate isn't even out yet?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My bad. Edited the post. What I meant is that he isn't an Alfonzo situation, and that Black Knight isn't in the background played or not.
Seeing as Ganondorf was confirmed due to a slip-up in a 3DS commercial, I wouldn't be shocked if Sakurai slipped up, considering how he got away with it for over a week until someone pointed it out.
There's three outcomes here:
1. It was changed because Sakurai wanted to change it for unknown motives and Black Knight isn't in the game
2. It was changed for Alfonzo purposes
3. It was changed because Sakurai wanted to change it for unknown motives and Black Knight is in the game
Throw a triangle frisbee and whatever number points to you is the answer.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I keep seeing people say Shadow is a given. Why are people so adamant that he is, when compared to good ol Skull Kid?
I don't think he's necessarily a complete given yet. But he has enough signs pointing to him that an 80% chance might be the highest fair amount on his chances at the moment. I think 90% and above is too high though since that's nearly "All but confirmed" status and that's dangerous for any character. It's still possible they simply decided to replace Shadow with Knuckles as an AT. And/or Sega denied a Sonic echo even despite how popular Shadow is and/or Shadow wasn't even pitched at all for whatever reason on either side of the table. Thus it turned out Shadow was actually demoted from Smash 4 to Ultimate.

It's still more likely then not that he's in as an echo. But some should just be wary there's still some room for doubt should it not happen.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Wasn't the 2D only almost but can't really tell that much Black Knight? It makes a lot of sense to cut work remaking a Black Knight lookalike if they can just reuse the generic enemies models

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
What? Umm Bayonetta got in after the Game came out lol?!?!? During the ballot phrase the talk was all about the typical characters such as Isaac, K. Rool, Wolf, Krystal, etc.
Yeah, I know..I said a lot of people were seeing her as a likely character for the base roster BEFORE Smash 4 released and then believed she was likely as DLC after it came out.

I was here, on this site, I know what was being talked about here..this is why I said I remember telling those people she was unlikely due to vaguely realistic guns and sexual nature.

Bayonetta was still being discussed along with Shovel Knight, Shantae, K. Rool, Wolf, Krystal, etc. Even Cloud was talked about often.

I joined in 2013, during the Hype leading to the 2014 release, you joined after that in 2015, so you weren't here for most of the timeframe I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There's three outcomes here:
1. It was changed because Sakurai wanted to change it for unknown motives and Black Knight isn't in the game
2. It was changed for Alfonzo purposes
3. It was changed because Sakurai wanted to change it for unknown motives and Black Knight is in the game
Throw a triangle frisbee and whatever number points to you is the answer.
Agree to disagree, we'll see what happens, my friend!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wasn't the 2D only almost but can't really tell that much Black Knight? It makes a lot of sense to cut work remaking a Black Knight lookalike if they can just reuse the generic enemies models
The helmet definitely the odd ball out, but nothing else matches.

Ike still has his Black Knight alt, it's just edited with different colors and an actually red cape like Zelgiuis' this time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone excited for smash 6's big 3 of Waluigi, Ashley, and Waddle Dee?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If a character has "Dark", "Shadow", or "Black" in their name, their chances to be an Echo skyrocket.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
To be fair of those 6 commonly mentioned echoes, all of them are very very likely
But which of the 6 make it is why everyone is just kinda going nuts
I highly doubt we WONT get one or two or maybe even three of them but who exactly is up in the air
All of them have a good chance so thats part of the excitement
No wonder Fire Emblem is easy to get a ****load of characters if they got so many clones/echos -_-

For me, the obvious 3 I'd pick right now is Isabelle, Shadow, and Dixie. I'm not sure how Medusa would work as a Palutena Echo (I'm not familiar with KI in terms of gameplay so if someone could educate me, that would be much appreciated!) but the others look pretty spot on at this point)

Ken has a pretty good chance. BK i'm not too sure about, but Medusa as an Echo seems weird but that's me

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Yeah, the sprite was just named "gene" in the files, meaning that it could just be a generic general that everyone assumed was the Black Knight because they look basically identical. It could be an ease of development thing, but Sakurai loves putting details into the backgrounds of stuff, so I feel like it could mean something.

I could just be wrong, Black Knight isn't on my major want list so if he doesn't get in I won't care that much. Just a theory to think about.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If a character has "Dark", "Shadow", or "Black" in their name, their chances to be an Echo skyrocket.
1531534312060.jpg

jesus christ he's right
Black Knight?
Shadow the Hedgehog?
Black Shadow that's a ****ing double whammy

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
No wonder Fire Emblem is easy to get a ****load of characters if they got so many clones/echos -_-

For me, the obvious 3 I'd pick right now is Isabelle, Shadow, and Dixie. I'm not sure how Medusa would work as a Palutena Echo (I'm not familiar with KI in terms of gameplay so if someone could educate me, that would be much appreciated!) but the others look pretty spot on at this point)

Ken has a pretty good chance. BK i'm not too sure about, but Medusa as an Echo seems weird but that's me
Shes essentially Palutenas dark twisted sister
They have the same body type, both use a staff, and medusa uses all of palus specials in her boss fight
Shes basically an evil version of palu since her and palu ruled skyworld together. Shes the darkness to palutenas light
None of the animations for medusa even have to change for her to work as an echo

Shes also a villain, a girl, and an nes villain when smash only has wendy for girl villains
Also if you wanna go there, shes a good scape goat for palutenas customs since customs seem to be gone. She would be an easy way to slap palus other specials onto her

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Absolutely.
Waluigi was my most wanted before E3, and Ashley was my most wanted before the last direct.
Man, Sakurai really hates Wario's friends.
yeah
some respect for warios "friends" please mr saggy pies?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Absolutely.
Waluigi was my most wanted before E3, and Ashley was my most wanted before the last direct.
Man, Sakurai really hates Wario's friends.
They won't get in Smash because they didn't invite him to their birthday party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom