• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There is no guarantee that Geno is the new SE rep.
Yeah, that's the thing to remember in general, besides what's on the website, there have been no garuntees.

Geno, Skull Kid, Isaac, Even something as fundamental as "new Pokemon"... not guarantees.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The thought of people wanting another FE character is nauseating
Why? It's a popular series and has potential Echo Fighters that literally won't take up a slot.
Pokémon has 9 fighters with no Echoes (Pokémon Trainer officially counts as 3), Fire Emblem only has 7, 2 of which are Echo Fighters.

The 'Fire Emblem has two many characters' meme is wearing out it's welcome.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Why? It's a popular series and has potential Echo Fighters that literally won't take up a slot.
Pokémon has 9 fighters with no Echoes (Pokémon Trainer officially counts as 3), Fire Emblem only has 7, 2 of which are Echo Fighters.

I agree but I think people usually shift that argument to "they play too similarly". Which is a different argument entirely.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
He is the most reasonable one as he got a mii costume, considering SE is much harder to license a character for.
There's also Sora, who is also heavily requested, and a rep of Dragon Quest, since that's a heavily popular series. There's even Lara Croft, who SE now owns. Sakurai outright has a good friend at Square-Enix (Nomura).

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
They will.
All they need to do is make her shorts longer and they are all set.
The shorts aren't even that horny to begin with (which i'm kinda surprised I'm saying), what I totally expect from Pyra would be nerfing her breasts because...

Uh this exists in Xenoblade 2

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Forgive me for bringing it up but it accrued to me

The ballot is confirmed what newcomers are chosen from right

Gardevoir I believe could get in from the ballot from the whole “to present for gen 3” thing and is a popular pokemon

I’m losing a little hope in this leak since Gothitelle definitely did not rank high easily in the ballot besides for echo fighter and “to present for gen 5”

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Gardevoir I believe could get in from the ballot from the whole “to present for gen 3” thing and is a popular pokemon

I’m losing a little hope in this leak since Gothitelle definitely did not rank high easily in the ballot besides for echo fighter and “to present for gen 5”
Not all of the new characters will be chosen by the ballot. Daisy, Simon, and Richter presumably did not do very well.

Shroob

Sup?
The shorts aren't even that horny to begin with (which i'm kinda surprised I'm saying), what I totally expect from Pyra would be nerfing her breasts because...

If only it weren't for the weird spike heels.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Sakurai didn't say that only the ballot was used.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
There's also Sora, who is also heavily requested, and a rep of Dragon Quest, since that's a heavily popular series. There's even Lara Croft, who SE now owns. Sakurai outright has a good friend at Square-Enix (Nomura).
Sora has Disney as an additional barrier(if they don’t go for it.)
Nomura didn’t work on any Dragon Quest or Tomb Raider.
He worked on several FF, especially 7 and 8, Kingdom Hearts, Parasite Eve and Bouncer.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
You'll never take me alive!

*Attacks a wall with the Devil's Axe*
!!!

*Marries cousin in protest*

It's popular now post awakening, yea, but it's not -that- popular. Realistically, fire emblem should be nowhere near Pokemon in terms of reps, so I'm not sure why you're bringing that up. I also wouldn't say Fire emblem having too many characters is a meme. That's a very common opinion

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Isn't that the glitched version of the render?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd bet my bottom dollar that a big decider for ultimate are Nintendo IPs coming to him to push characters ala Grenininja and Corrin.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Sora has Disney as an additional barrier(if they don’t go for it.)
Nomura didn’t work on any Dragon Quest or Tomb Raider.
He worked on several FF, especially 7 and 8, Kingdom Hearts, Parasite Eve and Bouncer.
Nintendo and Disney are on good terms, especially considering Nintendo themselves published games for them.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I'd bet my bottom dollar that a big decider for ultimate are Nintendo IPs coming to him to push characters ala Grenininja and Corrin.
ah yes the very relevant nintendo character king k rool, who is showing up in the widely anticipated [NULL]

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Oh, I'm more than satisfied with the stage count. I don't particularly want, or even expect more, but it's too early to just shut out the possibility of there being more, especially if more franchises are brought in.
Normally, I'd agree, but Sakurai used very definitive words like exactly and total with no ambiguity, in both English & Japanese, so it's a safe bet that 103 is the final base number.
I agree but I think people usually shift that argument to "they play too similarly". Which is a different argument entirely.
Which is true..honestly Marth should have 3 Echoes with Roy, Lucina, and Chrom, but it is what it is. However, that playstyle is done for this game since Marth & Roy both have Echoes, so any more would need to be based on Ike, Robin, or (somehow) Corrin.

I could see Celica as a Robin echo with more powerful magic attacks but a Pichu-style mechanic to use them in place of the finite usage to coincide with using no tomes but magic hurts the user thing in SoV.
Sora is owned by Disney, so Geno isn't competing with him for another SE rep.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I mean it's probably just wishful thinking, but I'm just saying...in light of the Square Enix info, this 4chan leak still hasn't been outright disconfirmed. View attachment 159365
Of note:
- States Geno is playable, and now Verg is saying there's a Square Enix newcomer
- Stated Isabelle was playable almost a week before Verg came out with that info publicly
- Had Simon
- Knew of an August Direct that would reveal a character from the list (though it said mid instead of early)
- Knew Ashley was an Assist

It's still kinda sketchy but I mean it has Celica on it, so... :pI just want to believe.

This honestly really makes me wonder how many other buried 4chan posts were made that might have info like this one. So many fake leaks that we easily discredit possible real ones.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I come back after a few hours and you're all talking about boobs.
Do I need to hire a babysitter?
Seriously though, what's up guys?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sakurai didn't say that only the ballot was used.
The ballot probably makes up the bulk of Sakurai's picks this game.

But as you said, that doesn't mean it's the be-all-end-all of character picks.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

CERO has majorly cracked down on risque clothing in games rated for children. CERO is the reason the Tharja trophy was cut. CERO is the reason Paultena's dress has been altered. CERO is the reason all the female characters' underwear is censored. CERO is the reason Corrin's thighs are covered up. Pyra's booty literally hangs out the bottom of her shorts, that's getting changed no matter what.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Even adding to this...Roy technically was a clone himself. It took 2 games for Marth and Roy to be differentiated more.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
CERO has majorly cracked down on risque clothing in games rated for children. CERO is the reason the Tharja trophy was cut. CERO is the reason Paultena's dress has been altered. CERO is the reason all the female characters' underwear is censored. CERO is the reason Corrin's thighs are covered up. Pyra's booty literally hangs out the bottom of her shorts, that's getting changed no matter what.
Yeah okay, but let's also not forget Rex wearing skintight swimwear with his diver armor completely exposing his crotch area.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah okay, but let's also not forget Rex wearing skintight swimwear with his diver armor completely exposing his crotch area.
Ironic.

He salvages for buried treasure, yet leaves his own jewels completely exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom