• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
He didnt know or guess K Rool. (Because it wasnt safe enough, didnt wanna get caught be fake if it didnt happen)

He had no idea about Richter.

He's fake news.
With you 100%, you'd think people would have learnt something from Gematsu, but I guess we're destined to fall for every lucky guess any time a new Smash is announced

Luminario

Smash Lord
Forgive me for bringing it up but it accrued to me

The ballot is confirmed what newcomers are chosen from right

Gardevoir I believe could get in from the ballot from the whole “to present for gen 3” thing and is a popular pokemon

I’m losing a little hope in this leak since Gothitelle definitely did not rank high easily in the ballot besides for echo fighter and “to present for gen 5”
Well, ignoring the leak for a second here, there is good logic in the choices. Like I said all those pages ago, The ballot might have shown Sakurai that different Pokemon Gens mean quite a lot to pople, and since he was low on development time he might have looked for a Pokemon who is a) From Gen 3 or 5, b) has concrete popularity, and c) has a mirror from the Gen not chosen that can easily become an echo, and one of the few that fit that criteria is Gardevoir. Going along with the current slated Gen 7 newcomer Incineroar they all balance each other out well. It's very unlikely, but possible.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Haven't played XC2 yet... but i'm not too atracted to it's character design... specially phyrra costume design...
Im not against sexyness or eroticness... i mean, i love Bayo and Morrigan and im not against overdesigned accesories, i love Guilty Gear designs.... but phyra costume literally makes no sense to me ._. (Rex costume design isn't too far neither)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Meanwhile the bi/pan folk are screaming internally
I was losely fitting them in the gay and lesbian thing anyways. I just didn't want to be assed to type it out.

I mean like considering this game has a fanbase directly upset they nerfed Snake's booty?

It's not like the ratings board should only be worried about people trying to perv on Princess Peach.

When you got people perving on probably literally every character.

And I do mean EVERY character.

D

Deleted member

The reason why fanservice on female characters is treated more seriously than male ones by age ratings is the same as the reason why female nipples are censored but male ones aren't: there isn't one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
The shorts aren't even that horny to begin with (which i'm kinda surprised I'm saying), what I totally expect from Pyra would be nerfing her breasts because...

Uh this exists in Xenoblade 2
Pyra's not even THAT bad.

I mean I don't even get this... She's not naked so what's the problem?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
1) Kinda, though DK more falls into a Mario side-franchise like Yoshi & Wario.
Mario and Donkey Kong spunoff from themselves. DK was the title character while Mario was the protagonist, meaning the original Donkey Kong arcade game is as much a DK game as it is a Mario game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Holy ****, this thread today!

This is moving way too fast, and all I’m seeing is that the next obvious newcomers are pretty well all divisive. And another round of Vergeben arguments
Don't forget yet more debates about possible censorship.

Concept: all the remaining unique newcomers are Zelda ones. ALL of them. Who are them?
Skull Kid

Tetra

Impa

And a Champion or two.

Those ones would make the most sense to me at this point imo.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Pyra's not even THAT bad.

I mean I don't even get this... She's not naked so what's the problem?
I'm the only one who feels pain just by looking at her hips? her back?.... looks like those standar of beauty that were borderline torture, like feet binding
*shivers*

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
>He still thinks Gematsu was fake in 2018
>He thought Gematsu was real after the Sm4sh project proposal came out and revealed Robin and Rosalina were planned from the beginning

Maybe he had some insider details on E3 2013 and ONLY E3 2013. The rest was all BS

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm the only one who feels pain just by looking at her hips? her back?.... looks like those standar of beauty that were borderline torture, like feet binding
*shivers*
Eh I mean she's a vidyagame character.

I could say the same about what tortures it takes to gain a physique like :ultfalcon: or:ultsimon:,:ultsnake:,:ultryu:,but eh.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I was losely fitting them in the gay and lesbian thing anyways. I just didn't want to be ***** to type it out.

I mean like considering this game has a fanbase directly upset they nerfed Snake's booty?

It's not like the ratings board should only be worried about people trying to perv on Princess Peach.

When you got people perving on probably literally every character.

And I do mean EVERY character.
I'm only upset they nerfed Snake's booty because it makes him anatomically illogical. His thighs are jacked, you can't get that without building up the glutes, too.

KMDP

Smash Legend
*shivers*
Um... isn't Dahlia's model glitching out in that scene? She's not meant to look like that (with her butt sticking way out).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
>He thought Gematsu was real after the Sm4sh project proposal came out and revealed Robin and Rosalina were planned from the beginning

Maybe he had some insider details on E3 2013 and ONLY E3 2013. The rest was all BS
Except we have Sakurai saying that he considered Chrom and that Rhythm Heaven was bunched in with the franchises with playable characters in the game's datamine.

Checkmate, atheists.

D

Deleted member

I'll be honest that I was once on the "Gematsu was fake" for a long time but seeing people call Simon and Ridley lucky guesses made me realize I was just doing the same.
Though I'm still not sure on the second part being true.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

How ignorant.

Absence of information isn't the same thing as information of absence.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hasn't it been established that Gematsu was simply outdated, and/or didn't have information on every single finalized newcomer?

Unless there was some info proving otherwise that came out somewhat more recently that I missed out on, I'm pretty darn sure that was the case for that leak.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Except we have Sakurai saying that he considered Chrom and that Rhythm Heaven was bunched in with the franchises with playable characters in the game's datamine.

Checkmate, atheists.
The project proposal was the first spark of the entire project, the very first thing anyone knew about it. If Gematsu were on the inside, he'd have known Robin and Rosalina were planned

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Hasn't it been established that Gematsu was simply outdated, and/or didn't have information on every single finalized newcomer?

Unless there was some info proving otherwise that came out somewhat more recently that I missed out on, I'm pretty darn sure that was the case for that leak.

You're correct.
How ignorant.

Absence of information isn't the same thing as information of absence.
You're also correct.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The project proposal was the first spark of the entire project, the very first thing anyone knew about it. If Gematsu were on the inside, he'd have known Robin and Rosalina were planned
Real leaks almost never have everything early on.

Shroob

Sup?
If that's the case, why did Brawl leakers only know half of the roster?

Leakers never know the entire story, period. Brawl was a shining example of this.

Besides, Rhythm Heaven wasn't on this project plan you're thinking of, yet we have irrefutable evidence that shows it was going to get a playable character at one point in development.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest that I was once on the "Gematsu was fake" for a long time but seeing people call Simon and Ridley lucky guesses made me realize I was just doing the same.
Though I'm still not sure on the second part being true.
How can you say Ridley wasn't a lucky guess??? People have been "leaking" Ridley since the year dot. Simon was a little more surprising but even he's been rumoured since Brawl days, he wasn't exactly the farthest fetched.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ugg. Web site are discussing leaks again.
Why not discuss goemon. He deserves to be dlc. He is awesome.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman

...Except he also called Palutena and Shulk who were not revealed at E3 and were not locks? Except he also never claimed the character list was comprehensive and as such Rosalina was not a knock against it? Except of the characters he messed up one has a full 3D model and was at some point discussed/planned and the other has a few files left in the game pointing to them having been planned in spite of their being an incredibly unsafe pick?

Edit:
Hell, I'd even go so far as to say that calling "Pokemon from X/Y" is a statement to his credit as well as he made so many other bold claims that if he was making **** up you'd expect him to just throw one out there rather than deliberately being vague. And we of course later learned that his vagueness made sense since early planning documents would have only listed it as such.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How can you say Ridley wasn't a lucky guess??? People have been "leaking" Ridley since the year dot. Simon was a little more surprising but even he's been rumoured since Brawl days, he wasn't exactly the farthest fetched.
This, folks, is the perfect example of revisionism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom