• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The shorts aren't even that horny to begin with (which i'm kinda surprised I'm saying), what I totally expect from Pyra would be nerfing her breasts because...

Uh this exists in Xenoblade 2
Good god you couldn't have put that thing behind a spoiler warning? I wanted to forget it existed

This calls for that dumb meme from a few days ago.

As long as he keeps the helmet on then nobody has to know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Xenoblade was always kinda anime.
But the leap from Xenoblade chronicles to Xenoblade 2 will always be hilarious to me.
I do have a soft spot for X, but I will admit that it's the awkward teenage phase of Xenoblade shift into pure anime

and it was as awkward as it could have been

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ironic.

He salvages for buried treasure, yet leaves his own jewels completely exposed.
Actually, he always put the full suit when salvaging, it's just when he is outside that he doesn't have the full suit.

Tho don't get me wrong, I like Rex to get his pant hole fixed if he got to Smash, that be nice upgrade. That, or they could just put Malos in his place.
466781183506776064.png

D

Deleted member

I do have a soft spot for X, but I will admit that it's the awkward teenage phase of Xenoblade shift into pure anime

I want to see what Lin would look like in Xenoblade 2's art style. She'd probably look the same.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

At least THAT's optional.

Lin Lee Kool is mandatory for the ENTIRE GAME.

Doesn't help she's tied to ****ing Tatsu, maybe the worst nopon in all the xeno games, which is quite a feat since I intensely dislike nopon already.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Normally, I'd agree, but Sakurai used very definitive words like exactly and total with no ambiguity, in both English & Japanese, so it's a safe bet that 103 is the final base number.
I completely understand, I don't disagree necessarily on a 'fact-based' basis, but instead I just strongly believe Sakurai is constantly of the 'overperform and surprise' mindset that he constantly has. I'm 50/50 on whether this really is the full stage list, or if he's doing his usual schtick of underplaying to drum up even more hype with future announcements. You have a totally reasonable and fair point, I just place some stock in Sakurai's usual behavior.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I will say it be weird for the 3rd party newcomer to be a villain when so many of them are protagonists of their game. Ryu, Bayonetta, Sonic, Cloud, Shulk, Megaman, Pacman... Do I need to even continue? I really don't see Heihachi nor Nightmare getting in over Jin and... whoever the MC of Soul Calibur is...
Heihachi was the protagonist of Tekken 2. Also, he's the guy being used as the default Tekken character in several games.

Then you're just in denial at this point if you don't think Vergeben has legit info.

This truly is Gematsu all over again.
So which rumoured character is going to get the Chorus Men treatment?

Man do I have news for you.
He also has blue hair, which we can always use more of.:troll:

I'd bet my bottom dollar that a big decider for ultimate are Nintendo IPs coming to him to push characters ala Grenininja and Corrin.
None of the newcomers are here to promote anything. Not :ultinkling:, not :ultridley:, not :ultdaisy: not :ultsimon:and definitely not :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool:.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Actually, he always put the full suit when salvaging, it's just when he is outside that he doesn't have the full suit.

Tho don't get me wrong, I like Rex to get his pant hole fixed if he got to Smash, that be nice upgrade. That, or they could just put Malos in his place.
View attachment 159372
Or literally any other xenoblade 2 character since he's the worst one

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Doesn't help she's tied to ****ing Tatsu, maybe the worst nopon in all the xeno games, which is quite a feat since I intensely dislike nopon already.
Eh, I'd personally rather have tatsu being annoying than having tora who's both annoying as well as slightly creepy

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Yeah okay, but let's also not forget Rex wearing skintight swimwear with his diver armor completely exposing his crotch area.
Sure, but Xenoblade 2 was rated C (Ages 15+) whereas Smash is usually rated A (All ages). There's a full B rating between them.

Or Shulk having a skin where he's almost naked.
Sakurai kind of addressed this, in a roundabout way. He said Cero specifically asks for images of the female characters in revealing angles, lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Eh, I'd personally rather have tatsu being annoying than having tora who's both annoying as well as slightly creepy
True, but at least.

And this is a big LEAST here,

He's got a completely broken weapon so he isn't complete dead weight.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh yeah... Idon Idon I meant to ask, are you a supporter of Jack Frost?

Zinith didn't see you on JF's thread while we were counting supporters, we didn't know whether you were or not.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Zinith didn't see you on JF's thread while we were counting supporters, we didn't know whether you were or not.
Yeah, I am.
I made a pun too.
He'd be pretty "cool"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sure, but Xenoblade 2 was rated C (Ages 15+) whereas Smash is usually rated A (All ages). There's a full B rating between them.

Sakurai kind of addressed this, in a roundabout way. He said Cero specifically asks for images of the female characters in revealing angles, lol.
I swear CERO is just the rating board equivalent of that guy who goes "That's revolting! Give me the exact link so I know where to avoid" if ever Rule 34 is brought up.

D

Deleted member

There is too much Fire Emblem hate in this thread.
Yeah okay, but let's also not forget Rex wearing skintight swimwear with his diver armor completely exposing his crotch area.
I am not surprised to hear this.
Ironic.

He salvages for buried treasure, yet leaves his own jewels completely exposed.
I know, right? You always need to cover the jewels, because some evil enemy can poke them with a sword or spear or whatever weapon.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
In regards to the vast number of Fire Emblem characters, I don't see the issue with people being against the idea of adding even more. For me, I just want to see other series get that same level of treatment. Some series are just now getting new characters when they haven't gotten any since Brawl. Some series are just now getting lost characters back, and likely won't receive another character. Meanwhile Fire Emblem has gotten a character back as well as three new characters since Brawl, and there's still the possibility of even more being added. I don't see anything wrong with wanting the attention Sakurai pays to certain series to be spread out a bit more across other series.

In regards to Pyra, she'll most likely end up being toned down a bit if she and Rex make it in. Probably reduce her breast size and/or give her a sort of undersuit to cover her thighs and back, like that of Corrin and Bayonetta. To be honest, I don't care much for Pyra's, or Rex's, designs myself, so I wouldn't care either way if Pyra got covered up or not.

Lastly, in regards to Vergeben, just because he's gotten plenty correct thus far, that doesn't mean everything he says will come true. Remember, not all the information he gets comes from the same source. His source behind his first leak seems to have been accurate, but that doesn't verify the 'leaks' that have come afterwards, since they appear to have come from different sources. Time will tell if he'll continue to get things right, or if one of his sources ends up being wrong.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Yeah, I am.
I made a pun too.
He'd be pretty "cool"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Hey now, there are good Nopon. Don't you dare talk **** on my boy Riki.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I am.
I made a pun too.
He'd be pretty "cool"
Oh, then I was right to sneak you on the count. :laugh:

I meant to ask at the time, but kept forgetting.

The fact that I only remembered to do it a whole week later is... *shrug*
There's a joke in here, but I won't make it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Or literally any other xenoblade 2 character since he's the worst one
Heh, I be fine with Rex honestly, I like the little guy, but I do admit he is the weakest of the cast.

Really, all the other members could offer either something cool and/or unique, but sadly, everyone is too focused on Rex to give the others a chance.

That, and my favourites character are Morag & Malos, Morag have the unique moveset and the cool design/personality to make her a fan favourite.

And Malos is just my favourite XB2 character in general, and while I wouldn't see him as a unique fighter, I could see him as a echo of a other character if Sakurai want to throw a bone to XB2 fans, plus, more vilains are always welcome in my book.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey now, there are good Nopon. Don't you dare talk **** on my boy Riki.
Y'know I actually don't recall much about Riki other than his family-man angle.
I think my first reaction was "boy this is weird... but it's probably just a one time thing."

It was not a one time thing.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love that gay men and straight women perving on dude characters is a-okay with Cero and the ESRB, but the moment a straight man or a lesbian pauses the games to perv on a female character?

YOUR RATING IS GOING UP SUCKA!

I really truly don't see the difference in trying to pause to get a shot of a girl's no-nos and pausing to get a shot of a dude's.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Holy ****, this thread today!

This is moving way too fast, and all I’m seeing is that the next obvious newcomers are pretty well all divisive. And another round of Vergeben arguments

I guess the next announcement is going to be in the salt mines, what with the newcomers and the next roind of assists.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I love that gay men and straight women perving on dude characters is a-okay with Cero and the ESRB, but the moment a straight man or a lesbian pauses the games to perv on a female character?

I really truly don't see the difference in trying to pause to get a shot of a girl's no-nos and pausing to get a shot of a dude's.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Because, Fisher, Male Sexuality is totally different from Female Sexuality.

Also... Mothers only complain about sexy girls.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Concept: all the remaining unique newcomers are Zelda ones. ALL of them. Who are them?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
He didnt know or guess K Rool. (Because it wasnt safe enough, didnt wanna get caught be fake if it didnt happen)

He had no idea about Richter.

He's fake news.
Edit: I'm removing my response because while I do want a point to get across, it's probably just gonna start an argument and I just wanna have fun and enjoy conversation.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Meanwhile the bi/pan folk are screaming internally because they wanna look at both

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Concept: all the remaining unique newcomers are Zelda ones. ALL of them. Who are them?
I’ll take it! Zelda needs to stop getting shafted - we haven’t had a unique newcomer since Melee, and we currently have the only villain who shares his hero’s victory theme.

Out of my most wanted in my sig, three are third parties, and the other three are all Zelda.

Let’s get Skull Kid, Urbosa, and Twili Midna as a Zelda echo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom