• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This. None of us are under Vergeben's "spell" and blindly following every word he says like some in this thread would have you believe, but to outright deny that he has genuine inside information, or at least did before E3, is blatantly contrarian and revisionist.
Some people really just wanna feel above others, I guess. Vergeben could correctly leak the entire final roster of the game and these people would still be chalking it up to a bunch of "safe bets" and calling us all a bunch of sheep for buying into it.
Yeah I bet that even if he gets every claim right till release, people will call the whole roster "safe bets" just to stay in the denial about him lol, some people are just being childish at this point.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah I bet that even if he gets every claim right till release, people will call the whole roster "safe bets" just to stay in the denial about him lol, some people are just being childish at this point.
I mean, people still deny Gematsu even though we have proof of Chrom and Rhythm Heaven.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
i know nothing about fire emblem who is celica
One of the two main characters of Fire Emblem Gaiden and its remake, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. She uses both magic and swords, but is primarily magic focused. Unlike other games in the series, her games have mages cast spells without the need of tomes, at the cost of some of their health.

In Smash, it'd likely translate to a glass cannon spellslinger whose more powerful moves have her take some recoil damage. Most of her spells make use of fire or holy light magic, but she can also use wind and lightning spells.

D

Deleted member

i hope this and the rumor about the black knight are true so every fire emblem character gets an echo and people get mad
We need a Corrin echo, too. I have no intention of playing Fates, but can someone who has let me know of any possible Corrin clones?

D

Deleted member

Pyra will get toned down that is no question. Though Smash isn't the game I go for to see T&A.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I’ve been told that the only thing that makes :ultzss: unique in Smash are her boobs...and them being smaller than last game loses her uniqueness...the hell
Don't you know that appearance is literally the only notable thing about a woman?

Just ask the Fashion and Cosmetic industries, they'll tell you the same.
I mean it's probably just wishful thinking, but I'm just saying...in light of the Square Enix info, this 4chan leak still hasn't been outright disconfirmed. View attachment 159365
Of note:
- States Geno is playable, and now Verg is saying there's a Square Enix newcomer
- Stated Isabelle was playable almost a week before Verg came out with that info publicly
- Had Simon
- Knew of an August Direct that would reveal a character from the list (though it said mid instead of early)
- Knew Ashley was an Assist

It's still kinda sketchy but I mean it has Celica on it, so... :pI just want to believe.
Celica would be cool.

Especially if she brings her "Sacrifice and the Saint" and "Twilight of the Gods" vinyls with her.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
i know nothing about fire emblem who is celica

Imagine a Robin Echo. If she's in the game, she's likely that. If she's a unique newcomer, I'd also dig it.

I honestly think Sakurai is trying to get a rep for every FE game lmao.

So far we have:

- Marth (FE 1/3/11 (Remake of 1)/12 (Remake of 3)
- Roy (FE 6)
- Ike (FE 9/10)
- Robin/Chrom/Lucina (FE 13- Has all of its protagonists now)
- Corrin (FE 14)

This leaves FE 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 15, and 16.

If you count Lyn (AT), then FE 7 is covered. If Celica made it into the game, then FE 2 and 15 (Remake of 2) are covered. I'm 100% positive we'll eventually get a Three Houses rep (FE 16). After that, it would really only the the 4-5 duology and the FE 8 standalone game, which TBH, neither of which probably would ever get reps for anyway due to 4-5 being pretty controversial and 8 being not that popular I guess (though a true FE fan could educate me on that I guess, just making an inference).

Add to this the fact that Black Knight is also rumored. I can smell the FE salt already lmao.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We need a Corrin echo, too. I have no intention of playing Fates, but can someone who has let me know of any possible Corrin clones?
Kana (Corrin's child) would be the closest, but being a literal child, his or her hit boxes absolutely wouldn't match Corrin's.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Kanna, Corrin's kid who only exists because of BS reasons for the sake of fanservice, is the only other character with Corrin's Dragon Fang ability. They're a lot shorter then Corrin, though. Also they're among my least favorite characters in Fates.

People like to joke around about other manaketes getting in as an echo fighter, but that wouldn't work for all sorts of reasons.

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice
Kanna, Corrin's kid who only exists because of BS reasons for the sake of fanservice, is the only other character with Corrin's Dragon Fang ability. They're a lot shorter then Corrin, though. Also they're among my least favorite characters in Fates.

People like to joke around about other manaketes getting in as an echo fighter, but that wouldn't work for all sorts of reasons.
I've seen people asking for Tiki as a Charizard echo.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Fake news

Everyone ignores what he gets wrong and he writes it off as a different and unreliable source.

The sheep believe him and continue to held him up on a pedestal.
If you think that we're sheep/putting Verge on a pedestal just for keeping tabs on him, then I can't imagine what you'd say about the Ultimate board on GameFaqs.

While I don't agree with some of the logic for believing him, I won't deny that he has some insider stuff. He has a chance to be wrong like any other leaker, but that has yet to happen. Please, don't insult others like this.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Stop what exactly?
Can we stop talking about her damn ****?

If she's toned down, fine if she's not WHO CARES?

Bayo is flexing her ass in the side bar for god's sake.

I'm not going through the Japanese ESRB thing again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can we stop talking about her damn ****?

If she's toned down, fine if she's not WHO CARES?

Bayo is flexing her *** in the side bar for god's sake.
Apparently you care since you're acting like a baby right now lol.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Loz18 was saying that probably Isaac was in.
So if all of this is true (highly unlikely but bare with me) that's another 8-10 characters.

This is getting nutty.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Apparently you care since you're acting like a baby right now lol.
lol I'm not the fact that you brought up in the first place in a matter-of-fact tone is toxic.

Like this sort of thing is just tiresome.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Imagine a Robin Echo. If she's in the game, she's likely that. If she's a unique newcomer, I'd also dig it.

I honestly think Sakurai is trying to get a rep for every FE game lmao.

So far we have:

- Marth (FE 1/3/11 (Remake of 1)/12 (Remake of 3)
- Roy (FE 6)
- Ike (FE 9/10)
- Robin/Chrom/Lucina (FE 13- Has all of its protagonists now)
- Corrin (FE 14)

This leaves FE 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 15, and 16.

If you count Lyn (AT), then FE 7 is covered. If Celica made it into the game, then FE 2 and 15 (Remake of 2) are covered. I'm 100% positive we'll eventually get a Three Houses rep (FE 16). After that, it would really only the the 4-5 duology and the FE 8 standalone game, which TBH, neither of which probably would ever get reps for anyway due to 4-5 being pretty controversial and 8 being not that popular I guess (though a true FE fan could educate me on that I guess, just making an inference).

Add to this the fact that Black Knight is also rumored. I can smell the FE salt already lmao.
Sacred Stones is actually pretty popular, as are the games in the Jugdral duology. People kind of overstate how controversial the latter two are. For their time? Yeah. Nowadays though, not really.

The main points of controversy are the mass ritualistic child sacrifices, the incest, and the implied r***. Awakening also had a mass ritualistic religious sacrifice, Fates had incest if you marry Corrin to Azura (a single line in the game confirms them as cousins), and SoV dealt with forced marriage/r*** (it's heavily implied Liprica, Celica's mother, didn't go with Lima willingly).

So pretty much every major point of controversy was doubled down on in a more modern entry.

D

Deleted member

lol I'm not the fact that you brought up in the first place in a matter-of-fact tone is toxic.
Says the person cursing and using caps over a statement on a video game forum about anime tiddie.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've seen people asking for Tiki as a Charizard echo.
I've actually joked around about that myself, but I actually don't think it'd work, nor do I really want to see it happen. Neither of Tiki's dragon forms will line up with Zard's model, and she'd have to lose the flaming tipper from tail attacks.

...On the other hand, Tiki can transform into different types of dragons by using the dragonstone of a different tribe. So maybe if we gave her a Charizardite X...

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Just gonna throw it out there.
People saying that 103 stages is the absolute final count have the same mindset as people who claimed the '66 fighters!' quote on the website meant there were no more new character to reveal. Don't take a pre-release 'final count' as an absolute.
The website wasn't Sakurai himself saying it nor did they use the word 'exactly
Sakurai said 103 when comparing total stage count with previous games and then said that if you didn't count Final Destination, Battlefield, and Big Battlefield, there are 'exactly 100 stages'. He didn't say a vague over 100, he gave an exact, definite number.

I'd love more stages, I really would, but to expect more stages is just setting yourself up for likely disappointment. 103 is a hell of a lot of stages, I'm more then satisfied with that.
People do keep mentioning this, but based on SourceGaming's analysis, he didn't say why he wasn't added. We don't know if it was legalese/rights or if it was that he doesn't think Geno's relevant enough.

I have zero connection to Geno since I wasn't speculating during Brawl and I started Nintendo with the N64, so I have no clue who he is. But as I've mentioned, give me Dovahkiin and I'll be just as hyped about Geno.
Honestly, it's likely that Sakurai didn't just include Geno because they were already going to include Cloud. They may have wanted to save Geno for a big reveal in Ultimate and/or not have two Square-Enix reps as DLC.
The licensing of Geno is just too weird for me to say, "Yeah, that's definitely a pure Mario character". He's a character from a Mario game, but SE has the rights to him, meaning he's technically third-party.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think it would be better if Geno was separated like Yoshi and Wario are, especially since he's tied down to one game.
Yoshi & Wario have their own series, Geno has Super Mario RPG and Mario & Luigi on GBA, both games where the main star is Mario.

If you look past Geno being 3rd Party, he would definitely count as a Mario series character.
1) Is Mario secretly a Donkey Kong character?
2) Will they censor Pyra's entire body because "think of the children"?
1) Kinda, though DK more falls into a Mario side-franchise like Yoshi & Wario.
2) They'll probably make her breast covering more realistic instead of being boob socks and lengthen her shorts to be like Zero Suit Samus' alts.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
The website wasn't Sakurai himself saying it nor did they use the word 'exactly
Sakurai said 103 when comparing total stage count with previous games and then said that if you didn't count Final Destination, Battlefield, and Big Battlefield, there are 'exactly 100 stages'. He didn't say a vague over 100, he gave an exact, definite number.

I'd love more stages, I really would, but to expect more stages is just setting yourself up for likely disappointment. 103 is a hell of a lot of stages, I'm more then satisfied with that.
Oh, I'm more than satisfied with the stage count. I don't particularly want, or even expect more, but it's too early to just shut out the possibility of there being more, especially if more franchises are brought in.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Celica, Black Knight, and Edelgard as a DLC character. That would bring the FE total to 10, and oh boy would that be a popcorn worthy scene in forums.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Sacred Stones is actually pretty popular, as are the games in the Jugdral duology. People kind of overstate how controversial the latter two are. For their time? Yeah. Nowadays though, not really.

The main points of controversy are the mass ritualistic child sacrifices, the incest, and the implied r***. Awakening also had a mass ritualistic religious sacrifice, Fates had incest if you marry Corrin to Azura (a single line in the game confirms them as cousins), and SoV dealt with forced marriage/r*** (it's heavily implied Liprica, Celica's mother, didn't go with Lima willingly).

So pretty much every major point of controversy was doubled down on in a more modern entry.
Thanks! So if Lyn became a playable character one day, could you see Eirika being her Echo lol?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i honestly wouldn't mind black knight since he's a villain and actually has a distinct design that isn't an anime boy

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Thanks! So if Lyn became a playable character one day, could you see Eirika being her Echo lol?
Lol no. Eirika fights nothing like Lyn. In fact, as far as I'm aware Lyn is the only iaijitsu user in the entire FE series.

Actually, if Lucina didn't exist, Eirika would quite fit Marth's graceful fencing-like style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom