• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Reggie even stated that LoZ18 and Verge and most of 4chan and gamefaqs were all fake news and they were actively trying to impeach the president of nintendo america for their own agendas.

I believe Reggie as he's trying to make Smash speculation great again.
Reggie is actually just an android being operated by a press release.

No one notices because when he bungles being authentically human people just think it's a meme. Think about it.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
veggieburger seems to be the only one who has any correct information, but even then i'm not certain he's telling the truth. i dunno, most of the characters he's said are probably going to get in
I swear to god I've seen this exact comment word for word before. Is it a copy pasta?

Last edited:

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Fake news

Everyone ignores what he gets wrong and he writes it off as a different and unreliable source.

The sheep believe him and continue to held him up on a pedestal.
You mean all of the nothing he's gotten wrong so far?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Ok, like, you don't have to believe everything Verge says, but he did undeniably get a lot of hard stuff right, stuff you wouldn't know without insider information or a lot of luck.

But here's the thing: He probably has a lot of sources, a lot of potentially lying sources too. Geno IS a very safe bet, yes, but that interview probably confirmed something his source said to him and made him believe it enough to share it now, since he's shared a lot of untrue information before.

He should be believed with a grain of salt, but if you don't think he has insider information at this point, it's pretty much denial like others have said.
He didnt know or guess K Rool. (Because it wasnt safe enough, didnt wanna get caught be fake if it didnt happen)

He had no idea about Richter.

He's fake news.

D

Deleted member

I know that Loz18 lost some credibility, but I think still worth mention it.

also, are you serious? I don't wanna get my hope up again xD I really like his mature design a lot actually. But that would make me question a possibly Felix echo (but maybe a Matthew alt?)
Nah, I don't have insider information. If Isaac does manage to get in, I really want the Dark Dawn design mostly because of the beard, but it would also make him really stand out among all the other bishonen swordsmen.

D

Deleted member

Smash 4 did a whole lot to help Ultimate and Smash 4 is my favorite Smash Bros. game not counting Smash Bros. Ultimate.
I said it.
Reggie is actually just an android being operated by a press release.

No one notices because when he bungles being authentically human people just think it's a meme. Think about it.
This made me laugh harder than it should of.

In all seriousness, I love Reggie. Reggie is a great man.

Last edited by a moderator:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I say this as someone who's given Vergeben plenty of **** before.

For all intents and purposes, he's yet to get anything wrong here. What he's done with prior games would usually make me write him off, but as it stands right now, I'm at least willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's just a waiting game to see if he screws something up.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
You mean all of the nothing he's gotten wrong so far?
Where's my castlevania collection and simom at E3 lol

I know it's hard to accept and youll just say it was his bad source or incomplete info. So there's clearly no proof that would ever convince you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He didnt know or guess K Rool. (Because it wasnt safe enough, didnt wanna get caught be fake if it didnt happen)

He's fake news.
So what he didn't know about K.Rool? Je never said he WASN'T in nor did he claim to know the full roster. Stop making up excuses just because you personally don't like the leak, Verg is legit and that's the end of the story.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

He's fake news.
So? Not knowing about some characters doesn’t mean all his leaks are fake. Only way he’d lose credibility is if he says a character is in and said character turns out to be deconfirmed (Assist Trophy etc) plus he actually correctly guessed a deconfirmation (Pokeball Mimikyu)

Plus like I said, Sakurai’s beefing up anti-leak security so not all characters will be leaked before their reveal.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

He's fake news.
About the K Rool thing... Isn’t the reason he didn’t leak him because one of his sources told him that there wouldn’t be any new DK characters and he didn’t trust it? The only reason we know about it is caused loz leaked the PM between them.

The Richter part isn’t fair. Just cause he didn’t know about it doesn’t make him fake News.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

He's fake news.
Umm... K. Rool wasn't safe enough?
The character that everyone was putting in their fake leaks by default due to being an obvious inclusion wasn't safe enough?
Blimey, mate, you're reaching.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
yeah i dont even 100% believe vergeberge and i think you're reaching really hard just because you don't like... incineroar? geno??

D

Deleted member

He's fake news.
King K. Rool was a very safe bet.

Oh so him having no idea about Richter is "fake news"? Barely anyone expected Richter.

Look I do not always agree with Verge, but Verge is pretty credible right now. He got Simon, Ice Climbers and all returning correct.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Verge so far has been right on things he's doubled down on regarding SMASH. He's gotten other things wrong not related to Smash, but since this is a Smash forum all we care about is the Smash stuff. Just because he didn't say a character it doesn't mean he was wrong. I don't believe everything Vergeben says, but to say he's been inaccurate with Smash info would be wrong.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Umm... K. Rool wasn't safe enough?
The character that everyone was putting in their fake leaks by default due to being an obvious inclusion wasn't safe enough?
Blimey, mate, you're reaching.
At the time he was pretty silent.
A lot of ppl were dixie camp.

He hasnt made one unsafe thing.
Even now ppl are saying he's got nothing wrong... When he has... So like lol... Not arguing any more he's clearly got everyone fooled.

I just hope Ken and isabelle dont show up despite the odds.

Then i'll chuckle at the sheeple.

He never said either of those things would definitely be at E3.
Yeah he did.

D

Deleted member

Even now ppl are saying he's got nothing wrong... When he has... So like lol... Not arguing any more he's clearly got everyone fooled.

Dude, stop. You are wrong. Stop digging further.

Not a lot of people expected everyone to return during Smash 4's time. A lot of people expected cuts.

Verge said everyone would return.

I expected everyone to return, and boy was Verge and I right.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Am I being Punk'd?

D

Deleted member

It's always good to have a healthy amount of skepticism no matter which leaker you talk about.

Verge does have a lot going for him right now, but that doesn't mean he's 100% correct. That doesn't mean he's 100% wrong either. All we can do is wait and see if any of what he claims comes to the game. Trying to prove him right or wrong is fueled by nothing but our own individual biases towards whether or not we like what's in his leaks, and won't really prove anything IMO.

Could he have piggybacked? Maybe, I've speculated that myself. Could he have gotten this info on his own and he is giving us legit information? We'll have to wait and see. To me, there is absolutely no evidence that proves that he is right or wrong right now outside of personal speculation.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Dude, stop. You are wrong. Stop digging further.

Not a lot of people expected everyone to return during Smash 4's time. A lot of people expected cuts.

Verge said everyone would return.

I expected everyone to return, and boy was Verge and I right.
Verg only said that the ICs, Snake, and all 3DS/Wii U veterans were coming back.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
This is basically how I go about believing Vergeben. Like his first source was definitely correct. Past that? He uses way too many to track and I'm not sure which to believe so yea I'll believe it when I see it.

I think he did claim his Square source was the same as his original...correct me on that.
Vergeben has claimed his Smash sources are the same three he had from before E3. Isabelle, his pokemon information, and the SquareEnix character comes from them, while Ken can be reasonably assumed to come from them too.

D

Deleted member

If you like to talk to Ice Climbers.
If Simon can make you smile,
If you like to waltz with Solid Snake,
Up and down the Ridley iiiiiiiiiiiiiiisle,

HAVE WE GOT A TOPIC FOR YOU!

VERGEBEEEEEEEEN!
VERGEBEEEEEEEEN!
VERGEBEEEEEEEEN!
VERGEBEEEEEEEEN!
VERGEBEEEEEEEEN!
VERGEBEEEEEEEEN!
VERGEBEEEEEEEEN!
VERGEBEEEEEEEEN!
VERGEBEEEEEEEEN!
VER-GE-BEN!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I’m hearing something on verge said “the one you know” when did he say that about square enix

But here’s the real mistake you guys make that Vergeben is not realiable

Answer this how do you know it’s the same sources that gave incorrect info

I think where he’s getting smash bros info is not from the ones that gave him bad info (well where Ridley, simon, ice climbers, snake and no cuts came from.)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So far everything Vergeben said in his initial statement is right. But everything he said after E3/Initial Statement is still yet to be proven: Minecraft Content, Gen 7 (Not Decidueye, Lycanroc), Isabelle, and Ken.

The only thing he got right so far after his initial spree is that Mimikyu was deconfirmed, but even then there seemed to be a consensus that Mimikyu is the one with the highest chance of being a pokeball out of all the other candidates.

I feel that most leakers only know the information from E3 and it’s demo, but they haven’t proven anything beyond E3 yet. Vergeben has the benefit of the doubt that one of his sources may have knew about the contract for Simon between Konami and Nintendo, but aside from that there’s still a ton of statements Vergeben made after E3 that aren’t proven yet, and it doesn’t help that his most recent one with SE (which I’m assuming he’s predicting Geno) has been considered a safe bet throughout speculation. Loz isn’t helping either, as he’s changed so much throughout the summer that he isn’t considered worth listening to anymore.

We’re really in the dark right now.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
A lot of people didn't believe the ESRB leak either. Never forget Shulk being a photoshopped Little Mac.

Edit: Before this gets brought up, I'm not saying Vergeben is as legit as the ESRB leak, it's just a comparison of people being so anti leaks they'll figure out something to discredit the idea.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Do we have a place on Smashboards or perhaps another website where we a compiled list of what is actually being claimed by “leakers”?

It seems every time a leak gets brought up here, the whole discussion gets bogged down by misinformation of things that weren’t claimed or things that were the “leakers” personal opinions.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Yeah he did.
No, he actually didn't. At least not to my knowledge. He claimed Simon Belmont was a character, but he didn't say whether or not he was going to be revealed at E3. He DID say that there was a new Castlevania collection, but he did not claim that it was going to be at E3. He did speculate that it could be revealed there when another person showed him that Konami had an unannounced compilation listed among E3 appearances, but that turned out to be an error. He never made the claim that it was going to be revealed at E3.

I'm skeptical of Verge too, especially his Minecraft claim... but you don't see me acting like it makes me smarter than everyone else.

D

Deleted member

Verg only said that the ICs, Snake, and all 3DS/Wii U veterans were coming back.
I mean, to his credit, no Wii U characters were cut, so he was kinda right.

As far as I could tell, no one knew "Everyone is here!" was a thing before it got revealed. The most leakers heard were probably the same things Verge heard.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm gonna be real... I'd be mad that it wasn't Quote, Undyne, or literally any other popular indie game character. I mean, compared to Undertale and Cave Story, Shante doesn't have the true popularity or *cough*money making power*cough like those two. I mean, Cave Story was the posterboy for the Nintendo Wii Shop and Undertale is like... Undertale.

I do think that if Shovel Knight is just an assist, there's no way that Shantae will even make it in as like.... a trophy or even a sticker if they bring those back.

Now, Skull Kid is one of those characters I can live with. Again, there's few of those, but thankfully the "real deals" seems to be the stuff that's like that.
...Shantae, the indie series that's always supported Nintendo, which has had four games and cameos in others, doesn't have the popularity?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

He's fake news.
Friendly reminder that when the Brawl roster was leaked, there were two leakers.

One leaker had one half of the roster, the other had the other half of the roster. Were either wrong because they didn't have the other half? No, they weren't.

The absence of information in a leak does not mean the leak is fake. It means there was an absence of information. That's literally it. Now, if he got something wrong entirely, then that would prove he was fake.
---
It's downright revisionist if you think Snake, Ridley, K.Rool, or Simon ****ing Belmont were safe picks. That's the most overused and flat out incorrect reasons to use against Vergeben.

Half the reason any leak is immediately discarded is because the characters happen to be ones the community at large, or particular individuals dislike or think are unlikely. However, what this community seems to fail to understand is that our expectations or our thought processes of "being likely" are bull**** and wrong a lot of the time.

Like, honestly, don't even tell me otherwise that the first reaction to most leaks don't address the content.

>Gardevoir and Gothitelle- "WHAT!? THEY WOULDN'T ADD THOSE TWO"
- What makes this leak bull**** isn't the characters, but the logic of some dude *magically* getting a look at the debug menu or stealing a demo unit, as if Nintendo would just leave one alone with a person or would have data from characters not in the demo.

All it takes is a bit of a breakdown and critical thinking, honest. Not to mention, half the time the community creates rules that get crushinated every time we get a Smash game.

I STILL see people using "connection/history with Nintendo" as if it's the be all, end all bit for 3rd party characters. Metal Gear does not have a "strong relationship with Nintendo". Final Fantasy VII does not have a strong connection with Nintendo. Shantae is not going to suddenly get in because of a "strong relationship" because that's not why at least 3 of the 3rd parties got in. They got in because they've had a ton of requests and have GAMING HISTORY, not just with Nintendo.

The only exception to this, imo, is Geno, as he's been mentioned by Sakurai by name, and the character has some how survived among Smash fans for a ridiculous amount of time. He seems like a "Bayonetta" type pick, in that she's not as iconic, but at this point she's basically an honorary Nintendo character.

I realize this post went from immediately relevant to a rant, and I apologize if I rustled any jimmies. But I see the same...tired arguments that would work for inducting into a Nintendo Hall of Fame, but don't really do much for me when talking about a video game that we, you know, will be playing in early December and not arguing about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom