• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
According to every news publication in the world who don't actually know what Echoes are, Wart.
... But how?

Watt doesn’t even have a Mallet, and his physique is more akin to Bowser or especially K.Rool, and he certainly can’t float.

Wart as a Dedede Echo would be awkward af.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ridley clearly should've been in Mortal Kombat instead of Smash.
But Mario and Mega Man would still be alive...also Samus has no parents cause of him, so vengeance yeah

Wambo

Smash Ace
Sakurai has stated he doesn't think about DLC until after the game, hasn't he?
He can say that, but that's simply not true. I can imagine the thought has already crossed his mind several times already, and I'm sure people at Nintendo have approached him recently and asked him to stay on for DLC. Also, he announced Mewtwo for the Wii U in a direct before the game was even released.

Also, he's recently stated that he will keep making Smash games as long as there is demand. We can assume this means he's also down for DLC after Ultimate releases.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Now that I think about it, did Verge specifically say we were getting a Gen 7 Pokémon, I know he said Decidueye wasn’t THE Gen 7 mon they went for but he never outright said it was from Gen 7.

Makes me wonder, maybe it’s a previous-Gen Pokemon.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I just had a thought. Now that K. Rool is in Smash and now they're all like "oh yea K. Rool's cool again we should use him" you think they'll put him in Mario Kart?

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Another person in the Discord was talking about a leak about a Dedede Echo but refused to give a source...

Who would even be a Dedede Echo?
I guess Bonkers could do it. Swap out inhale for something else, and you've got something to work with.

edit: the body kinda doesn't work, but that's the closest I could think of.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Dark Samus didn't get a Mii costume and she got in due to overseas demand. Takamaru and Ashley got Mii costumes and they are still Assist Trophies.
Doesn’t change the fact we got representation for:
Knuckles
Chrom
K. Rool
Protoman
Zero
Rathalos
Dunban
Inkling

They may not get in. It may have to do with how sales went on those costumes. Any way you slice it, they still look like a part of their considerations for the game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just had a thought. Now that K. Rool is in Smash and now they're all like "oh yea K. Rool's cool again we should use him" you think they'll put him in Mario Kart?
I'm not sure, Mario Kart can be really weird with its character choices, so it's hard to say.

I do know that I want a new Mario Strikers with him in it though.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah. Especially since Tails is the secondary protagonist of the Sonic games and is one of gaming's most iconic sidekicks. Him getting nothing while Knuckles and Shadow get upgrades will be odd, especially considering Tails got a Mii Fighter costume.
I think Shadow and Knuckles are more popular then Tails along with Shadow being nearly 1:1 with Sonic, making an Echo easier.
The only weird thing with Medusa as a Palutena echo is she'd either be taller if you count her hair, or face to face she'd be shorter but the same size with the hair. Hitboxes and animations would definitely need to be altered a bit.
Sakurai has fudged sizes before, like Lucina got taller for Smash 4..she's about a head shorter then Chrom in Awakening, but about equal in size in Smash.
You'd probably need to mirror Palutena's model too because Medusa is apparently left handed. I've also seen things like Medusa forming a temporary "dark shield" when using attacks from Palutena that uses her shield, then said shield vanishing as soon as the attack is over.
Maybe, Medusa attacks with her right even if she holds her staff in her left, they could ignore handedness.
View attachment 159175
Viridi only uses the power of flight like Palutena, she never appears in-person in Uprising, we don't know how she fights.

They would definitely not age her up to make an Echo..I doubt they'd age her up for any reason.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I guess Shadow Dedede and King D-mind could work. Depends on how much they're willing to stretch what an Echo does.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think Shadow and Knuckles are more popular then Tails along with Shadow being nearly 1:1 with Sonic, making an Echo easier..
Well, Tails is the secondary protagonist of the series as well as one of gaming's most iconic sidekicks. Tails got a Mii Fighter costume in Smash 4 (which Shadow didn't have) showing that he could have placed high on the ballot. And, new additions to third party franchises are not limited to Echoes. It would be weird if Knuckles and Shadow got promoted and Tails was left as nothing more than a cameo on a 10 year old stage.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well, Tails is the secondary protagonist of the series as well as one of gaming's most iconic sidekicks. Tails got a Mii Fighter costume in Smash 4 (which Shadow didn't have) showing that he could have placed high on the ballot. And, new additions to third party franchises are not limited to Echoes. It would be weird if Knuckles and Shadow got promoted and Tails was left as nothing more than a cameo on a 10 year old stage.
I really think we're looking too deep into the Mii Costumes = Ballot Votes correlation. Ninten's Flying Bird buddies did not make it high on the Ballot. They just were seen as cool costumes, likely by Sakurai, and were already in the game. Change "Ninten's Flying Bird buddies" to Tails or Knuckles and you've got the same point.
And, why would that be weird? To even cameo in Smash is a pretty big honor, and I don't see why Tails has to be more than a cameo. It feels very forced. He's where he's best known as being, a Sonic stage, racing in the back. Why do we need more then that?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Doesn’t change the fact we got representation for:
Knuckles
Chrom
K. Rool
Protoman
Zero
Rathalos
Dunban
Inkling

They may not get in. It may have to do with how sales went on those costumes. Any way you slice it, they still look like a part of their considerations for the game.
Didn't a Samus costume get released kinda late?

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think Shadow and Knuckles are more popular then Tails along with Shadow being nearly 1:1 with Sonic, making an Echo easier.
Even if that's the case. I doubt they entirely DWARF Tails' popularity to the point they barely do anything else for him. Tails still got a Mii costume alongside Knuckles while Shadow didn't. It doesn't necessarily mean he'll be promoted to playable. Nor does it mean he's more likely then Shadow especially Echo fighter wise. But the point is even if he's the less popular of the 3. He's still probably at least high up there as #3 in the Sonic requests which is no small feat regardless how you look at it.

Tails still bothered to even make supporting character appearances despite the disaster of Sonic 06 while Shadow was in limbo for a while until Sonic Forces. Meaning even while Sega was in big damage control mode when only Sonic was playable for a long while, he was still deemed important enough to at least have a part in the story even if he's not playable at all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People going "who's gonna be a dedede echo" when they forget the true best Kirby charater
Untitled.png

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Even if that's the case. I doubt they entirely DWARF Tails' popularity to the point they barely do anything else for him. Tails still got a Mii costume alongside Knuckles while Shadow didn't. It doesn't necessarily mean he'll be promoted to playable. Nor does it mean he's more likely then Shadow especially Echo fighter wise. But the point is even if he's the less popular of the 3. He's still probably at least high up there as #3 in the Sonic requests which is no small feat regardless how you look at it.

Tails still bothered to even make supporting character appearances despite the disaster of Sonic 06 while Shadow was in limbo for a while until Sonic Forces. Meaning even while Sega was in big damage control mode when only Sonic was playable for a long while, he was still deemed important enough to at least have a part in the story even if he's not playable at all.
Shadow was...most definitely NOT in limbo. Generations, Colors, the Riders series, Chronicles...Storybook series, the Olympics...

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Sakurai has fudged sizes before, like Lucina got taller for Smash 4..she's about a head shorter then Chrom in Awakening, but about equal in size in Smash.
That's not what I mean. I mean even if she was the exact size as Palutena, her hair would make her taller, and you don't want a big wad of snake hair with no hitbox. They could just add hitboxes no problem but some people think echoes must be exact proportion/size wise and they aren't allowed to alter anything regarding that. I don't agree with said reasoning but it's one of the reasons I've heard why Isabelle wouldn't work because you'd have to adjust her proportions a bit.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I really think we're looking too deep into the Mii Costumes = Ballot Votes correlation. Ninten's Flying Bird buddies did not make it high on the Ballot. They just were seen as cool costumes, likely by Sakurai, and were already in the game. Change "Ninten's Flying Bird buddies" to Tails or Knuckles and you've got the same point.
And, why would that be weird? To even cameo in Smash is a pretty big honor, and I don't see why Tails has to be more than a cameo. It feels very forced. He's where he's best known as being, a Sonic stage, racing in the back. Why do we need more then that?
Tails is very iconic to the Sonic franchise. He's Sonic's primary sidekick, and one of the most iconic sidekicks in gaming in general. Even if his popularity is less than Shadow and Knuckles, he's still very popular and ahead of other, lesser Sonic characters like Amy, Blaze, and Cream.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So predictions on new assist trophies?
I really want Dimentio, from Super Paper Mario. He could trap fighters in one of his boxes and trigger explosions while they're still inside.

Also, not an Assist Trophy but a Pokeball.
Poipole could float around the stage spraying toxic slime from it's stinger, and occasionally stinging fighters.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Tails is very iconic to the Sonic franchise. He's Sonic's primary sidekick, and one of the most iconic sidekicks in gaming in general. Even if his popularity is less than Shadow and Knuckles, he's still very popular and ahead of other, lesser Sonic characters like Amy, Blaze, and Cream.
I'm not sure you read my post, not to be rude...I don't disagree with any of this. But that's not what my post was about.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I made a roster where I gave every character an echo (even characters that already have echoes).
View attachment 159073
Some are streches (And Cloud's supposed to be Zach, I just didn't feel like adding another custom image). The bottom row are the characters I predict, and are in order: Bandana Dee, Lycanroc, Issac, Geno, Rayman, and Skull Kid.
I gave this an upvote because a dog and bird Pokémon echo of Duck Hunt is awesome.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Shadow's just easier to implement because of having a similar model off the bat, easy Echo material. He's just got that one advantage alone that pushes him across the board.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So predictions on new assist trophies?
I can see Adeline, Kamek, Marx, Ninten, Tetra, and Tharja becoming ATs.
Shadow's just easier to implement because of having a similar model off the bat, easy Echo material. He's just got that one advantage alone that pushes him across the board.
But that doesn't mean that he should be the only new Sonic character. I can see Tails and Shadow both getting added.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I gave this an upvote because a dog and bird Pokémon echo of Duck Hunt is awesome.
Yeah. I couldn't think of anything good (I've never played a Banjo game and I know that's a stupid idea) so I went with the least stupid idea possible. I at least chose two Pokémon from the same region, compared to the other Pokémon Tag-Team (Gardevoir and Minior for Rosalina).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom