• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Devil May Cry's Dante being rumoured? Well, he was one of my mains for Marvel Vs Capcom 3 so I wouldn't have anything against his inclusion for Smash.

Tagline for Dante: Dante, Keeping it Stylish! or Hits the Jackpot!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still think the Dante in Smash is some kind of /v/ meme but we'll find out I guess

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
1) Its improbably, but not impossible. I mean last game had a freaking ESRB review video as it's big leak..
2) No it doesn't, there's enough reason to believe that Richter was started before Simon seeing as 90% of Simon's moveset was also used by Richter, exclusively Richter in a lot of cases. He's also more popular than Simon in Japan. It could easily have been that Simon was decided on to join the roster using the moveset designed for Richter but label Richter as the Echo Fighter due to Simon having seniority.
3) If they wanted to include a 5th Generation Pokémon as an Echo and had to have them based on a Pokémon (we don't know if Echoes can be from different series yet) and they decided to include Gardevoir, Gothitelle would be the best choice since none of the others in Gen 5 align well with any other Pokémon on the roster. Also, Sakurai lucked out with Greninja, he didn't know if he'd be popular when he chose it.

Fact is, it's not disproven without a shadow of a doubt yet, it's still feasible if unlikely.
Remember that people also tried to shoot down the ESRB leak as 'obviously fake' because they thought Shulk was a photoshopped Little Mac and misaligned lines.
1) But the ESRB leak had proof to back up its unreasonable circumstances. Legitimate proof. This is a guy saying he stole a unit from an event and datamined it, and when questioned, he just doesn't have access to it anymore. It breathes bullcrap.
2) Literally no. They would not pick a later protagonist over the original protagonist of a 3rd-party series. That'd be like if their first pick for Mega Man was Zero and they only later decided 'Oh yeah, let's actually add the original main character, Mega Man.' Additionally, you're acting like Simon and his trailer, which he is OBVIOUSLY the focus of, was done within the time between CEO and the August direct. It's preposterous to believe Richter was really added first when 80% of the Castlevania section of the direct was spent on Simon.
3) That's assuming Gardevoir makes it in in the first place, and that she of all Pokemon would get an echo. If they wanted to include a 5th-gen Pokemon, they'd actually listen to fan demands like they've been with every character so far instead of adding a character just for the sake of repping Gen 5 when 95% of people won't give a damn about Gothitelle in the slightest. (Gardevoir IS possible, but this rumor doesn't change her chances one way or the other).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It can happen to any character, sadly. Skull Kid just was the byproduct of a little over analysis being spread by the people with the most reach and now he's gone from a small dedicated fanbase to a bunch of rabid new supporters chirping all over the place like the seagulls from Finding Nemo.
At least ones like Captain Syrup are too overlooked to get that kind of fanbase (*sigh*, if only). We're lucky that the Rool and Ridley fanbases can finally be at peace for now.

Last edited:

justPUNT3R

Smash Apprentice
Guys imagine the potential third party roster. I don't think any Fighting Game could beat this potential roster.

Snake
Sonic
Shadow
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Ryu
Ken
Cloud
Bayonetta
Simon
Richter
Dante
Heihachi
Lloyd
Geno
Banjo
I might be one of the few who thinks that Shadow should be a semi-clone of Sonic? I don’t think it’s likely though, just have a hunch it won’t happen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guys imagine the potential third party roster. I don't think any Fighting Game could beat this potential roster.

Snake
Sonic
Shadow
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Ryu
Ken
Cloud
Bayonetta
Simon
Richter
Dante
Heihachi
Lloyd
Geno
Banjo
You missed Neku. Or Zack as a Cloud echo, I’m not picky with either

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
When Bayonetta was included I did kind of wonder why they didn't go for Dante instead, I mean the Nintendo link is the obvious reason, but Dante is like the icon of those style of beat 'em up games, he's just infinitely more iconic and popular. I wouldn't care for his inclusion myself one bit, but I know a lot of people would be happy about it, I suspect he might even have done much better on the ballot than a lot of us would have assumed. Without knowing anything about DMC and what the leak got right and how unlikely those predictions were I'm going to take it all with a grain of salt though.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Say, excluding Echoes, what newcomers are at the "forefront"?
Isaac, Bandana Dee, Geno? What other third parties? (...you guys think Paper Mario has a shot?)

I'm sure this has been asked, but I'm just super curious to see how you guys feel. Perhaps a top 10 of who could plausibly actually happen. It gets confusing in this fandom sometimes, so its nice to see.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Really? Your Final Fantasy character is gonna be Cloud when FFVII has never even appeared on a Nintendo platform? I don't buy it.
I knew someone was gonna make this dumb argument. Cloud appeared because Final Fantasy never had any interesting protagonists on Nintendo platforms and he's the most recognizable. Completely different from not having appeared on ANY Nintendo platform ever.

If they added Dante any character from a current 3rd party in Smash could appear and I don't wanna see someone who has no relevance to Nintendo like 2B show up in Smash.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
actually my biggest fear of having dante in the game is that he PLAYS like bayo and then we end up with dante bayo top tiers and the game barely feels like playing smash anymore...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I might be one of the few who thinks that Shadow should be a semi-clone of Sonic? I don’t think it’s likely though, just have a hunch it won’t happen.
Shadow will fit all bills as a playable character

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Ehh....

Somebody's playing with my heart because it includes Yuri and Travis.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/428607428/smash-ultimate-remaining-newcomers

Also, イメージモックアップ means "image mock-up" so the image isn't real. I also like how everyone is like "i don't know this character so they are never happening."

can i get hyped or no because a yuri and skull kid trailer sounds like a fire idea

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'm expanding on my Season Pass thing here, didn't do Season 4 tho cuz that's gonna be decided by a second ballot. Feel free to do your take on this.
Season 1: Switchin’ Into The Future
Spring Man
Rex & Pyra
Edelgard
Gen 8 Pokemon
Malos (Shulk Echo)
Ribbon Girl (Spring Man Echo)

Season 2: Old Friends
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dixie Kong
Mona
Tails
Octoling (Inkling Echo)
Zack (Cloud Echo)

Season 3: Fighters From Another World
Dragon Warrior
Joker
Agumon
Reimu/Shantae
Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man Echo)
Roll (MegaMan Echo)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I just got a thought in my head... What if Nintendo announces that Smash Bros will be getting a DLC Season Pass?

Each season will get 4 unique newcomers & 2 echo fighters, & the unique newcomers will come with a new stage.
I would mark for this!

I've always preferred Dante to Bayonetta so I would be super down with this, but I imagine a lot of people would be pissed.

Oh well, what else is new with Smash.
The only thing that would top that is Goku and lord knows how much salt is going to be spilled the moment that happens

Really? Your Final Fantasy character is gonna be Cloud when FFVII has never even appeared on a Nintendo platform? I don't buy it.
Except Cloud actually appeared in a game on the Nintendo system

Snake
Sonic
Shadow
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Ryu
Ken
Cloud
Bayonetta
Simon
Richter
Dante
Heihachi
Lloyd
Geno
Banjo
You're only missing one character that would make this 1000% better

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I'm expanding on my Season Pass thing here, didn't do Season 4 tho cuz that's gonna be decided by a second ballot. Feel free to do your take on this.
Season 1: Switchin’ Into The Future
Spring Man
Rex & Pyra
Edelgard
Gen 8 Pokemon
Malos (Shulk Echo)
Ribbon Girl (Spring Man Echo)

Season 2: Old Friends
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dixie Kong
Mona
Tails
Octoling (Inkling Echo)
Zack (Cloud Echo)

Season 3: Fighters From Another World
Dragon Warrior
Joker
Agumon
Reimu/Shantae
Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man Echo)
Roll (MegaMan Echo)
Season 4: 3rd party
Goemon
Ebisumaru (goemon echo)
Amy (okami)
Knights
Etc.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Dante seems out of place.
Why are people wantong him now?
Because people are thirsty for leaks. Once one happens, we'll be discussing and breaking down that leak until a fresh one happens

It's a never-ending cycle here at Smashboards

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
But his main series of games bears no relevance on the history of Nintendo. Appearing in a crossover is a moot point.
Then Clouds appearance in KH on Nintendo consoles didn’t matter either.

If Sakurai wants a character and the company oks it that’s that.

Last edited:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
What about that walking animation? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that really a Simon thing?
It'd be very weird if they gave both of those characters Simon's walking animation if Richter came first, especially considering that Dark Samus has a unique one.
Richter and Simon have fairly similar walking animations in Castlevania (the Belmonts all kind of do), but they have different idle poses (which is reflected in Smash)

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Yeah but final fantasy as a whole has its roots in Nintendo and regularly has games to this day on Nintendo consoles.

DMC and Nintendo have almost no connection.
Ah yes I remember Bayonetta 1 starting on a Nintendo console.

Wait a Sec... (yes I’m aware Bayo 2 and all that but still).

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
To clarify, I don’t care about the Gardevoir leak, but I do recall reading something saying the security on the Switch booths would need to be reinforced out of fear of them being stolen.

Does anyone else remember that? Was it around the same time as the supposed leak?

D

Deleted member

To clarify, I don’t care about the Gardevoir leak, but I do recall reading something saying the security on the Switch booths would need to be reinforced out of fear of them being stolen.

Does anyone else remember that? Was it around the same time as the supposed leak?
If something was stolen, it would've been reported on. Though unsuccessful, people apparently tried to steal the BotW demo, and that was reported on.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Not really. Sakurai has never established this rule. All he's said is they need to appear in a Nintendo console.
This isn't about Sakurai, this is about my opinion. I'm not saying this is a rule preset in development, that's ridiculous. I'm saying that Dante doesn't belong with a clash of series like Smash. It's out of place and doesn't belong here.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Ah yes I remember Bayonetta 1 starting on a Nintendo console.

Wait a Sec... (yes I’m aware Bayo 2 and all that but still).
Bayo 2 and all that is the soul reason Bayo got in, don't pretend like it wasn't. Dante doesn't have a Bayo 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom