• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
As far as all these rumor and 'leaker' debates go, none of them have any real legitimacy backing them.

Vergeben remains a 50/50, he's been right so far and has mostly gone silent. Believe him or don't, it's up to personal preference at this point.

Loz18 comes off more and more as someone who had exclusive knowledge one single time and is using that as a means to champion himself and lead people on that he's got way more info than he really does. His 'source' for the August direct was wrong (on both the date and specific contents), and as mentioned previously he was talking out of his rear about Skull Kid. He can be ignored until he gets something of substance right again.

And finally, this garbage CEO rumor.
1) He didn't steal a Switch from CEO. It just didn't happen. And the thing just evaporating afterward cements it.
2) 'They got the IP right, but not the character' Hard deconfirms this whole leak. No way in hell he can 'find echo data' for Chrom and Dark Samus but just not see that Simon was there the whole time. And being that blatant about it comes off as just being contrarian for the sake of having an unexpected pick.
3) Gothitelle in general. Every Pokemon in Smash is beloved or iconic in some capacity, and every Echo so far has been a character that people really like. For Gothitelle, an absolute WHOMST'D'VE among Pokemon, to get in, even as the argued 'token 5th gen Pokemon' is laughable.
And 1, 2, 3, delet this. It's not real, stop peddling it.

Save your debates over 'leaks' for when something substantial drops, like something on the caliber of the ESRB leak, or when someone else shows exact knowledge on the level loz18 had pre-E3. Don't eat up garbage without a second thought, every single fake leak out there will try to speak from a position of authority that grants them special knowledge or access. The proof is what matters. There will be outliers, like the infamous Brawl leaker or Ninka, but things like that SHOULD be ignored until proven otherwise. I'm honestly kind of disappointed something as blatantly false as the CEO rumor is still discussed this extensively.
The main one I’m keeping my eyes on is this one.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76923770

This person got accurate information on stuff regarding DMC5. And it’s continuing to build.

Now I’m not gonna point blank say it’s accurate, but it’s a curious idea and hasn’t been seen on the big 3s or the majority of the fakes at all.

Edit: and I’m late, ****

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You know, I'm starting to think it's Palutena who will get a Memories article instead of Pit, for obvious reasons related to their first game's Japanese title.
Inb4 Sakurai only shows off more Uprising
So does ANYONE understand what the rap in Gang-Plank Galleon is saying?

If you ask me, it's detrimental to just how well done the rest of the track is.
It only makes the song even better than it already is
So, are we just gonna gloss over the new gameplay that was uploaded last night? 'Cuz this is some pretty good stuff right here.
The first one seems vaguely poetic considering both franchises' debates in the days of Sm4sh. Eh, who cares about that? Free gameplay!
Been talked about already, doesn’t mean it ain’t sexy

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Don't know enough about Devil May Cry to say if I buy that leak or not, but I'm going to at least make the safe assumption that just because they have insider knowledge on DMC doesn't mean they necessarily have it on Smash Bros.
Smash Bros Ultimate featuring Dante from Devil May Cry and Knuckles new Funky mode.
We already have Knuckles as an assist trophy. If we get Dante as a newcomer then we need to have Funky Kong as an echo fighter of DK.

Only then will this game truly be Ultimate.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
If Cool Dante got into Smash i would feel sorry for PSASBR getting Donte but that's game is all-ready dead ;) (i all seriousness i actually really liked that game)

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
If Cool Dante got into Smash i would feel sorry for PSASBR getting Donte but that's game is all-ready dead ;) (i all seriousness i actually really liked that game)
My main thing against PSASBR was teasing us Legend of Dragoon fans with Dart and then not doing it at all.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
My counterpoint regarding the whole - the leaker may know DMC info and not Smash is that Vern knew information from several games such as Smash and Injustice.

D

Deleted member

I'd feel sorry for Smash if we don't get Donte as an alt costume.

D

Deleted member

Has Dante ever been on a Nintendo console? Regardless, I really don't care for him and would just roll my eyes and sigh.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Projext X Zone has featured Dante, as well as SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS.

Last edited:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Looking at the new exhibition match videos, the motion sickness I was getting from the character movement is gone since they seem to have fine-tuned all that and the knockback, but I'm still getting motion sick from the camera jerking around. Ugh.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dante makes me chuckle.

At least Bayonetta wouldn't be alone in being insanely OP in the combos area.

And Kamiya would finally get his wish of seeing them together in a game.

But watch people not care that Dante breaks the game. I'm calling it. If he's in. The outcry for him to be nerfed won't be as strong and we all know why.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I have no idea how to feel about Dante.

He's a cool character and all but man he'd be so out of left field lol.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Projext X Zone has features Dante, as well as SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS.
And the funny thing with PXZ2 is that Dante has met Three Smashers (Chrom, Ryu, & Lucina) through it as well as meeting a Xenoblade character.

Not to mention he and Ryu have met several times already.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
K. Rool’s crown actually can be picked up. It ends up at the top
Hm... I don't think K. Rool would have won that without the Smash Ball. Things weren't looking all that great for him. But hey, sometimes things can change course.​
It IS Smash. 20-30% deficit isn’t enough without that KO.

D

Deleted member

Dante makes even less sense for Smash than Cloud did to me. Also, not a DMC fan at all so no thanks.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Is Dante from Devil May Cry the same as the one from Dante’s Inferno? I know nothing of the series.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Skull Kid has been one of my most wanted character. But seeing his fanbase almost makes me not want the character in Smash. They suddenly grew overnight and became extraordinary arrogant, especially for a character no one believed had a chance just a short time ago.
I don't know you but I've been wanting him since Melee. Also I think any current fanbase that supports a very speculated character is behaving the same and getting newbies to support it out of nowhere.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Dante and Bayonetta in the same game together. Let the shipping intensify.

Also I'm hoping that Nintendo during Gamescom announces a general Nintendo Direct or a Robin/Lucina style livestream next week on a particular date.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I just got a thought in my head... What if Nintendo announces that Smash Bros will be getting a DLC Season Pass?

Each season will get 4 unique newcomers & 2 echo fighters, & the unique newcomers will come with a new stage.
I'd say reverse that. I suspect that DLC could mirror the main game, for example 2 Unique, 4 Echoes.
For instance, Season Pack 1 could be..
- Rex & Pyra
- Springman
- Octoling (Inkling Echo)
- Ribbongirl (Springman Echo)
- Hilda (Zelda Echo)
- Raichu (Pikachu Echo)
- Mor Ardain (XBC2 Stage)
- Spring Stadium (ARMS Stage)
- PokéFloats (Returning Stage)
- Pac-Maze (Returning Stage)
I'm still shocked they didn't do costume packs for Smash 4. Giving characters alternate costumes as DLC even if it's just cosmetic would sell so much. You know how much I'd pay for any sort of Samus costume?
Oh me too..so many good costume options for most of the cast.
And finally, this garbage CEO rumor.
1) He didn't steal a Switch from CEO. It just didn't happen. And the thing just evaporating afterward cements it.
2) 'They got the IP right, but not the character' Hard deconfirms this whole leak. No way in hell he can 'find echo data' for Chrom and Dark Samus but just not see that Simon was there the whole time. And being that blatant about it comes off as just being contrarian for the sake of having an unexpected pick.
3) Gothitelle in general. Every Pokemon in Smash is beloved or iconic in some capacity, and every Echo so far has been a character that people really like. For Gothitelle, an absolute WHOMST'D'VE among Pokemon, to get in, even as the argued 'token 5th gen Pokemon' is laughable.
And 1, 2, 3, delet this. It's not real, stop peddling it.
1) Its improbably, but not impossible. I mean last game had a freaking ESRB review video as it's big leak..
2) No it doesn't, there's enough reason to believe that Richter was started before Simon seeing as 90% of Simon's moveset was also used by Richter, exclusively Richter in a lot of cases. He's also more popular than Simon in Japan. It could easily have been that Simon was decided on to join the roster using the moveset designed for Richter but label Richter as the Echo Fighter due to Simon having seniority.
3) If they wanted to include a 5th Generation Pokémon as an Echo and had to have them based on a Pokémon (we don't know if Echoes can be from different series yet) and they decided to include Gardevoir, Gothitelle would be the best choice since none of the others in Gen 5 align well with any other Pokémon on the roster. Also, Sakurai lucked out with Greninja, he didn't know if he'd be popular when he chose it.

Fact is, it's not disproven without a shadow of a doubt yet, it's still feasible if unlikely.
Remember that people also tried to shoot down the ESRB leak as 'obviously fake' because they thought Shulk was a photoshopped Little Mac and misaligned lines.

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
If Dante gets in, is he probably the final Third Party character (besides Geno) who will be in the base game?

D

Deleted member

Part of me wants Dante simply to break all current expectations of the Smash fanbase (Skull Kid, Geno, Banjo, Incineroar...).
And because of the salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom