• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok BUT at least agree 75m and Mario Bros. are the worst stages to ever exist and should have been abandoned long ago.

Hanenbow and Skyworld just make me salty because Wolf's up-B basically screwed him over on both at times.
I like 75m

It's like playing through the orignal Donkey Kong, while beating people up

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I liked Pac-Land better than Pac-Maze.

I'm fine with the Pac stage choice, even if it makes less sense representation wise.
EDIT: I also like Mario Bros. Matches were crazy on it.
75 m I didn't like till 4. Brawl's floatiness made the matches crap but 4 fixed things up.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I'd have a problem with Fire Emblem only having two unique characters from the eight they got in that scenario. Yes, the series is rife with characters, but most of them all sharing moves with another would be a little silly.

Also Zelda, Donkey Kong, Street Fighter, Sonic, Xenoblade, Pokemon are all series that could have an echo or two added but we get three FE echoes instead? Eeeeeh...try to diversify the echoes a bit, at least.
Echoes aren't decided by what a series "should" have, but simply by which popular characters can mechanically work as one. Pokemon in particular doesn't really have any characters that are workable Echoes off of the existing playable characters (some people argue Zeraora off of Lucario, but I'm very doubtful that would work).

D

Deleted member

Ok BUT at least agree 75m and Mario Bros. are the worst stages to ever exist and should have been abandoned long ago.
Nah, this is the worst stage (or part of a stage) in the entire series

And this is still the only representation of Bowser's Castle we have.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

That's not even the worst part about the stage.
It's about 1/3 TTYD and 2/3 Sticker Star. 2/3 Sticker mother****ing Star.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Echoes aren't decided by what a series "should" have, but simply by which popular characters can mechanically work as one. Pokemon in particular doesn't really have any characters that are workable Echoes off of the existing playable characters (some people argue Zeraora off of Lucario, but I'm very doubtful that would work).
I know it doesn't work that way. It's my personal viewpoint. I don't care what the logic is in this scenario.

But other series have highly popular characters that can be made as echoes, so it would be odd to include two from the same series that already had one in Smash 4.

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice

you know if that morph didn't appear along with the yarn world 2 morph the stages would be perfect... such a small simple fix...

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings

Hanenbow and Skyworld just make me salty because Wolf's up-B basically screwed him over on both at times.
As much as I hate Pac-Land i agree so much. 75m is probably the worst stage in the whole history of Smash Bros. I love that's it's a carbon copy of the original but it just doesn't work

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

Bowser’s Castle is supposed to be extremely hazardous, right? You shouldn’t be able to trust any part of it, should you? It’s extremely faithful then, isn’t it? :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I love Mario Bros, honestly. Mostly because I love the game it's based on, but still.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I know it doesn't work that way. It's my personal viewpoint. I don't care what the logic is in this scenario.

But other series have highly popular characters that can be made as echoes, so it would be odd to include two from the same series that already had one in Smash 4.
There's nothing that says they won't happen while Black Knight will happen, we already got Vergeben claiming Isabelle and Ken, and we have no idea what the final Echo count will be, so the likes of Shadow, Dixie, Impa, etc. are still very much on the table.

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
Bowser’s Castle is supposed to be extremely hazardous, right? You shouldn’t be able to trust any part of it, should you? It’s extremely faithful then, isn’t it? :p
also this is the only stage in the 3ds that stresses me out... the others are all ok or good for me... unless im forgetting something...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Warriors Orochi is a crossover between their own franchises, the bulk of which are in the same genre and others in genres not far off from a Musou, they can reuse a lot of assets to help develop the game.
For a series that doesn't have that luxury? Always expect a small roster. Zelda started with like 13 or so. Berserk didn't crack double digits. Gundam had 19 in the first game before getting a huge increase for the second one.

Sorry, you're right, I also forgot to specify that I was fine with them doing it in the base game but when they said they would not go any further than those three for DLC I felt like I didn't need to see anymore of the game. The fact that they could've done exactly what the fans wanted and gave us more than just those three and STILL neglected to do so makes no sense to me. I mean even in Hyrule Warriors at least they reached out to Majora's Mask for a DLC pack.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I love Mario Bros, honestly. Mostly because I love the game it's based on, but still.
I hold Mario Bros. close to my heart, because there was a CiCi's in my area with an arcade that had Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Pac-Man, Galaga, SFII Turbo, and I think Tekken 4. That place was my heaven dude, my months worth of allowance was gone every time I visited.

and then it shut down and i havent seen one in 5 years

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I get ya. I love 75m as a concept and the reference it is. Donkey Kong Arcade deserves representation in Smash.

Buuut the stage is unplayable, even on a casual level. The only good spot is on top where you'll be hit by all sorts of unavoidable and powerful hazards. Sometimes gameplay has to take priority.

Mario Bros would be better if it had Balloon Fighter's gimmick of no blast zones on the side but then how would anyone be KO'd? Even without the hazards it is a mess to move around.

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
I hold Mario Bros. close to my heart, because there was a CiCi's in my area with an arcade that had Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Pac-Man, Galaga, SFII Turbo, and I think Tekken 4. That place was my heaven dude, my months worth of allowance was gone every time I visited.

and then it shut down and i havent seen one in 5 years
mario bros to be honest isn't that bad if the enemy's where removed.

D

Deleted member

It's not the valedictory song in xenoblades' stage isn't from the xenoblade series
In Smash 4, lots of stages are like that. The Ultimate direct says that music is selected by series. Unless you can also choose from the "other" section, this will no longer be possible in Ultimate.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
There's nothing that says they won't happen while Black Knight will happen, we already got Vergeben claiming Isabelle and Ken, and we have no idea what the final Echo count will be, so the likes of Shadow, Dixie, Impa, etc. are still very much on the table.
I know that. I was merely engaging in the topic of Black Knight as a hypothetical echo of Ike is all.

Is the Black Knight all that requested nowadays? I remember his name being briefly mentioned around Brawl's era but not a peak recently. Other FE characters have usurped him, surely.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Um, can I get a refresher on that?
The Ghosts invincibility can only change on one players screen at a time, and each player gets different lines of power pellets that show up randomly on the stage.

This would be a pretty easy fix but if the stage doesn't come back it'd be safe to guess they just didn't want to bother.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So to recap:

Stage morph doesn't matter like it does for Jungle Hijinks because numerous transformation stages made it in.
The claim about particle effects in the stage causing problems in handheld mode hasn't been proven yet.
If Paper Mario stage could make it despite being limited in terms of 8-Player Smash, so could WW.
There are worst stages that made it in.

So, why was Woolly World cut?

D

Deleted member

So to recap:

Stage morph doesn't matter like it does for Jungle Hijinks because numerous transformation stages made it in.
The claim about particle effects in the stage causing problems in handheld mode hasn't been proven yet.
If Paper Mario stage could make it despite being limited in terms of 8-Player Smash, so could WW.
There are worst stages that made it in.

I keep telling you, because it's bad :4pacman:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Here's a list of stages in Smash 4 Wii U that weren't available in 8-player Smash (non Omega form) but still got into Ultimate:

Boxing Ring
Coliseum
Delfino Plaza
Gamer
Garden of Hope
Halberd
Kalos Pokemon League
Mushroom Kingdom U
Pilotwings
Pirate Ship
Port Town Aero Drive
Skyloft
Wily Castle
Wrecking Crew
Wuhu Island

Like I said, makes no sense why Woolly World is out...
Sakurai just wants to see your jimmies rustled not having a Yoshi stage return

:troll:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because it's not good.
That's the subjective and objective final reasoning because I don't know what's gonna appease you. Ask Sakurai, not a bunch of nobodys on a forum.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I'm shocked that Orbital Gate Assault might get cut, that stage looks like it had way too much work put into it for them to just forget.

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
Theory time for stages

so we all know about how dream land has a secret alt color , along with the ring stage

what if ... a few cut stages are not cut but are alts of others?

example ... Corneria's alt is Sector Z from 64

did any one thought about this?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Theory time for stages

so we all know about how dream land has a secret alt color , along with the ring stage

what if ... a few cut stages are not cut but are alts of others?

example ... Corneria's alt is Sector Z from 64

did any one thought about this?
We gotta wait until December to find out though
you really want me to try to remember that for four months?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, FE Warriors. This brings back bad memories of arguing on GameFaqs.

Anyway, Woolly World was eh. It's better than Pac Land though imo.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I love how all that needed to be done to curb the needless whining was label clones Echo Fighters and rank them slightly below their source fighters. Smart move, and one that I appreciate, as somebody who adores clones.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom