• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
>Years down the line

The Switch is already modded and people are going to datamine Smash Ultimate day 1. People have already done model replacements in Mario Odyssey so Smash modding for Ultimate will take less than a year.

If noone does it, I will make Joseph Joestar over Richter. I think the whip would need to be Hermit Purple so I could also make it happen over Jonathan.
Model replacements you say... Super Luigi Odyssey, anyone? :ultluigi:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well, it's better than another Goku debate.
Lets have a Goemon debate. Since i plan on beating that ham into the ground.

He would be the perfect 3rd konami rep given poor bomberman got the assist treatment.

He needs it. I need it. I miss goemon content. His games were so good. Even the lame future ones. Konami please bring him back.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I really have no idea how it'd work. I'm just throwing it out there. Maybe do a countdown with their special entrance.
And add John Cena into Smash
DUDE

I've been wanting to try something like that. One thing that caught my attention is this idea

Or this

Which I'm sure would be editing hell. I'd rather the first one because it would add to the match where the longer one is in the match, the more damage is on him
Dark Pit tried to harm Pit...so Pit killed him offscreen and Sanic got drunk

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
If I was absolutely sure this was the final Smash game I would do Geno, Isaac, and Banjo just to fulfill long time fan demands but if I were to go with my own wants for this game, I'd do Geno, Shantae, Isabelle, and Dixie.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Yeah, and some make it hard if they are dismissive of any other characters or start hate campaigns on characters they feel 'stole' their character's spot, which is a ridiculous thought process..but it's not like it's the character's fault.
I'll never understand when people speak for
...Fictional characters
As if they have human rights...
"Treated with fairness" like... Its game who cares.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
https://youtu.be/hK9Ie3Fp7yg

I hope MGS4s main theme returns from Brawl always a neat track. Although I guess the love theme would require another 'action' version remix for it to fit with Nintendo's tone.

Either way I really hope MGS gets some more love in smash considering they're going all out with castlevania.

Pakky

Smash Hero
A bit of a dumb question but one I've been mulling over do to all the fan hype.

What does Shadow mean to the Sonic franchise?

I'm serious.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Goku
in Smash
EVER

That's hilarious, now please stop discussing stupid things while i'm sleeping.

Anyway, what new or returning characters do you see being good in competitive? I could see Simon, with that whip length.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Me too..though mostly just to rip that bandaid off. I may want that Gardevoir leak to be true, but I know chances are slim and I'd rather they just reveal Gardevoir as a Pokéball if it isn't playable so I can make peace with it.

I'm really glad terrible fans can't make me hate a character or I'd despise Ridley, K. Rool, Daisy, and Waluigi instead of just Bowser Jr.
I feel the same way about Isabelle. I wish he'd just show us all the assist trophies that are in the game, so we can stop worrying about these rumors and everything

WaxPython

Smash Ace

I'm serious.
He's cool and edgy, that's about it really. He was actually killed off in a nice way but they bought him back as an Android in later games because of fan demand and then retconned it to eggman saving him from his fall from orbit somehow.

I don't really know why he's so popular and he hasn't really been relevant since 2012 but sonic fans sure like him a lot

Iridium

Smash Hero
DUDE

I've been wanting to try something like that. One thing that caught my attention is this idea

Or this

Which I'm sure would be editing hell. I'd rather the first one because it would add to the match where the longer one is in the match, the more damage is on him
I would like to try this:

Last edited:

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077

I'm serious.
Off the top of my head, I know that he's the second most popular Sonic character, only losing out to Sonic himself.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'll never understand when people speak for
...Fictional characters
As if they have human rights...
"Treated with fairness" like... Its game who cares.
I didn't mean it in that way, I meant how fans act should have no bearing on liking or disliking a character since it's irrelevant to how the character is in their source material

D

Deleted member

How the heck did R.O.B save the video game industry in 1983? I thought he was just an extremely obscure NES add-on with two games.
tl;dr version is that stores didn't want to stock games so Nintendo marketed the NES as an "entertainment system" with all sorts of add-ons rather than a game console. R.O.B. was the core of this gimmick. As a toy robot, he was the most unique (but also least usable) accessory available.

https://youtu.be/hK9Ie3Fp7yg

I hope MGS4s main theme returns from Brawl always a neat track. Although I guess the love theme would require another 'action' version remix for it to fit with Nintendo's tone.

Either way I really hope MGS gets some more love in smash considering they're going all out with castlevania.
I'm really crossing my fingers for Calling to the Night and anything from Metal Gear Rising.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Lets have a Goemon debate. Since i plan on beating that ham into the ground.

He would be the perfect 3rd konami rep given poor bomberman got the assist treatment.

He needs it. I need it. I miss goemon content. His games were so good. Even the lame future ones. Konami please bring him back.
As long as Konami has it's grubby hands on goemon, we'll probably only be able to see....

goemon pachinkos.

who said dis
Sakurai most definitely said this during a smash 4 direct.

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
I'm really crossing my fingers for Calling to the Night and anything from Metal Gear Rising.
Oh yes rules of nature of nature would be so hype.

How come you crossed out calling to the night? Don't tell me it's deconfirmed I would be super bummed out if it was

Last edited:

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
How the heck did R.O.B save the video game industry in 1983? I thought he was just an extremely obscure NES add-on with two games.
Nintendo, seeing a public leery of game consoles after the crash, used R.O.B. to convince both consumers, and perhaps more importantly retailers the NES was better classed as a general toy than just a game console. To what extent R.O.B . was actually responsible for the successful launch of the NES is something that can be debated, and calling him a savior probably an exaggeration, but he certainly played a role in the whole thing. Nintendo certainly have a fondness for the little guy, considering the number of appearances, cameos, and references he has received over three decades.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I'm serious.
I'm not huge into Sonic so I can't say for sure, but I think there are two types of Shadow fans.
People who like his story and rivalry with Sonic.
And people who write fanfics on Deviantart.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
I would be more than happy to see Kirby and Jigglypuff fighting on Shadow Moses Island with Rules of Nature playing in the background.

Pakky

Smash Hero
He's like Vegeta to Goku. You can't really imagine one without the other.
But I can its called Sonic Mania, the only sonic game to genuinely be good and sell like hotcakes in the past decade. Even then 3D games that were well liked and constructed, like Colors and Generations did not have Shadow as a playable character. In generations, he was only like for a few moments.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That'd be disappointing when there are so many great female characters that could be included.
Yeah. Where are all the waifus? I get that more people want to play as guys than girls, but still, Sakurai needs to think about everyone, and I'm sure he will. He added lots of waifus to Smash 4, and I'm sure he'll do the same for this game, even if they're mostly DLC.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have a feeling that part of the fun is that KMDP KMDP is going to try to match votes with the person who did it, considering half of us have a pretty obvious pick...

... :glare:
You started out so well...
Well, at least I know for sure who respondent #99 is, because it's me.

Also, I know who #1 is, because of the "Boshi".

Also, with 170+ responses in the first ~12 hours, there's no way I'm going to go through and try to match up all the Users to responses. :laugh:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
After the crash Americans just kinda saw video games as a gimmick that's long died off. R.O.B. helped a lot in marketing the NES in America because little kids were really into robots back in the 80s. He wasn't really that great, and critics saw that too, but it was too late by the time they bought an NES bundled with him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh yes rules of nature of nature would be so hype.

How come you crossed out calling to the night? Don't tell me it's deconfirmed I would be super bummed out if it was
Nah, it hasn't been confirmed/disconfirmed yet. I crossed it out because it's easily one of the most unfitting pieces of music in the entire series, and I love it for that.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
But I can its called Sonic Mania, the only sonic game to genuinely be good and sell like hotcakes in the past decade. Even then 3D games that were well liked and constructed, like Colors and Generations did not have Shadow as a playable character. In generations, he was only like for a few moments.
It's more about the character than the games he's playable in.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The same amount as Lucario
I think the “video game only” rule only applies to third-parties.

After all, Lucario debuted in a movie, R.O.B. was a real-life peripheral, Roy didn’t even have a game by the time Melee was released, Mr. Game & Watch is a literal OC based on generic Game & Watch characters and Miis debuted as console avatars rather than an actual “game”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom