• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Kirby WAS complete in 2008. Bandanna Dee has built up such an impressive resume in the Kirby series that in many of the titles he is Kirby's Luigi.
Dang I never knew the Waddle Dees and Kirby's species were related by blood. Kirby lore is intense. :roll:

That's debatable though, in Return to Dream Land you could pick anyone else in exchange for D3/MK, and in Allies you can just grab literally anyone. I don't know any games where he's specifically the Player 2 of the games.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dang I never knew the Waddle Dees and Kirby's species were related by blood. Kirby lore is intense. :roll:

That's debatable though, in Return to Dream Land you could pick anyone else in exchange for D3/MK, and in Allies you can just grab literally anyone. I don't know any games where he's specifically the Player 2 of the games.
Rainbow Curse and Battle Royale. Chandeelure can probably articulate better why Bandanna Dee is now a regular member of the main cast now since he is actually a fan of the character whereas I am just a bystander. However, he is definitely an important character now on par with at least Meta Knight.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yo guys, per the request of Mastermiine Mastermiine , I've made a Google Docs Questionnaire, based on my Supporter Count Thread.

Naturally, I had to pare back the number of possible responses, because having to pick 6 characters out of over 420 characters is ridiculous, so I reduced the number to about 65. >_>

You can find it here.

Fill it in if you want.

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice

Kirby and The Rainbow Curse.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yo guys, per the request of Mastermiine Mastermiine , I've made a Google Docs Questionnaire, based on my Supporter Count Thread.

Naturally, I had to pare back the number of possible responses, because having to pick 6 characters out of over 420 characters is ridiculous, so I reduced the number to about 65. >_>

You can find it here.

Fill it in if you want.
I did it for BOSHI!!!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we're still talking dads, Cranky's the one that needs to be here! Closest thing we got now is DK being an uncle to :ultdiddy:
2001 - 2008: WE NEED :ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

2009 - 2018 (and beyond?): WE NEED BANDANA DEE TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

2018 - Forever: WE NEED MARX TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

People will never be satisfied. :p
Kirby WAS complete in 2008. Bandanna Dee has built up such an impressive resume in the Kirby series that in many of the titles he is Kirby's Luigi.
Also, people have increasingly realised that Sakurai ignores just about everything Kirby outside of the entries he's produced.

Meanwhile, Rick/Kine/Coo fans sulk in the corner.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

What if the chairs was actually hinting toward Karate Joe?
I know I champion the potential of the chair theory, but let me be frank here.

I think this is the strangest parallel I've seen and the biggest reach for a hint.

This pose in front of a TV is such a stock image of pop culture and isn't really worthy of being considered a reference to a character and was more likely Sakurai and his team using something that is used a lot to represent a character like DK whom it fits.

Nothing more.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Just a what if situation to get off my chest. If I had been more open about echo possibilities and a certain newcomer, this would have been my final prediction:

View attachment 158455

I'm gonna stick to my final prediction line-up I made back in July though. I still wanna be bold with the July predictions and not change anything, despite the missed opportunities to predict some echos. :p
You really think we're gonna get 16 unique newcomers? idk about that man

Also interesting you went for Jill over chris, I feel like Chris is the more obvious choice tbh and would fit easier moveset wise

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
No way in hell we would get Sora before Geno. Sorry Sora fans.
I wouldn't be surprised if it happens tho. KH3 is coming, there has been multiple KH games on Nintendo before and I wouldn't find it weird if both Sakurai and SE/Disney want to promote KH3 even more with the inclusion of Sora in Smash, after all Disney and SE have good relationship with Nintendo now. Just saying… don't be surprised if it happens, cause it could make perfect sense if it happens.

Iridium

Smash Hero

You can find it here.

Fill it in if you want.
I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, but I did it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
Geno (5)
Skull Kid (4)
Dixie (3)
Dillon (2)
Earthworm Jim (1)

That excludes Banjo, but it gets the most of my favorites in except him

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They need Marx so Kirby can have a real villain character
It helps that he's a Sakurai creation as well, so he wouldn't be that hard to negotiate for. However, the slight issue is that Star Allies (his latest appearance) is a liiiiiittle too recent to take the moves he uses in that into account, so he would end up being DLC at best.

Noipoi

Howdy!

You can find it here.

Fill it in if you want.
I know it said choose one character you want the most, but I chose two (Incineroar and Isabelle) because screw the rules I have money.
Cool Questionnaire, by the way.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be surprised if it happens tho. KH3 is coming, there has been multiple KH games on Nintendo before and I wouldn't find it weird if both Sakurai and SE/Disney want to promote KH3 even more with the inclusion of Sora in Smash, after all Disney and SE have good relationship with Nintendo now. Just saying… don't be surprised if it happens, cause it could make perfect sense if it happens.
And the kicker is, I could see Sora being our showstopper/big finale reveal. Many, many fans have been asking for Sora, for all we know he could be as top secret as Pacman was, with no one knowing except an exclusive few until it came time to reveal him.

Plus, every single KH game that was released on Nintendo is canon, add to the fact that 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 can easily be ported to the Switch, and a good possibility that KH3 can make it onto the Switch too. I think Sora's chances are higher than we think. Not guaranteed mind you, but still quite high.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
Shantae, Isaac (Sorry, B. Dee.), Springman, Octoling and Slippy.

Also, I recently realized that with Ultimate's roster I can have a 1 vs. 7 match of Pichu (Myself) vs. Level 9 CPU Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Wolf, King Dedede, Ridley and King K. Rool.

Oh, boy.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Shantae, Isaac (Sorry, B. Dee.), Springman, Octoling and Slippy.

Also, I recently realized that with Ultimate's roster I can have a 1 vs. 7 match of Pichu (Myself) vs. Level 9 CPU Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Wolf, King Dedede, Ridley and King K. Rool.

Oh, boy.
Hopefully the rage mechanic will work in Pichu's favor this time around.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I know it said choose one character you want the most, but I chose two (Incineroar and Isabelle) because screw the rules I have money.
Cool Questionnaire, by the way.
Thanks! :grin:

Don't think I didn't see your final entry, Noipoi. *wags finger*
...That was strange. Whole site just disappeared for a little bit.
Crashboards is taking it to a whole new level.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
And the kicker is, I could see Sora being our showstopper/big finale reveal. Many, many fans have been asking for Sora, for all we know he could be as top secret as Pacman was, with no one knowing except an exclusive few until it came time to reveal him.

Plus, every single KH game that was released on Nintendo is canon, add to the fact that 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 can easily be ported to the Switch, and a good possibility that KH3 can make it onto the Switch too. I think Sora's chances are higher than we think. Not guaranteed mind you, but still quite high.
Yeah no matter how much in denial some people get, Sora's chances are HUGE and would make a lot of sense if happen at all. Disney loves Nintendo and vice versa, I don't see their gaming icon in smash as a far reach dream at all. Plus their way of promoting KH3 is insane and non-stop now.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
...That was strange. Whole site just disappeared for a little bit.
Oh thank god I thought i was the only one, it literally refused to even try to load for me (like, it wasn't even slow, it just literally said it couldn't find the website, lol).

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Hard one, gonna have to go full personal preference.

Geno - 5
Rayman - 4
Heihachi - 3
Travis Touchdown, Earthworm Jim, Ken - 3

Leaving out the likes of Conker, Cuphead, Skullkid, Crash, Banjo, that hurts

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
2001 - 2008: WE NEED :ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

2009 - 2018 (and beyond?): WE NEED BANDANA DEE TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

2018 - Forever: WE NEED MARX TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

People will never be satisfied. :p
Hahahaha good one.

But seriously add Marx he's like a really cool character.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

You can find it here.

Fill it in if you want.
Probably won't be hard to guess which one is mine ^_^

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I'll take Isaac (5)

Ray MkIII (3)

Dillion (2)

Travis Touchdown (1)

Hector (1)

Blaziken (1)

Karate Joe (1)

Ken (1)

Wow. That was really easy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Pacman wasn’t well kept. He was one of the first fighters leaked and once Namco was revealed to be making it everyone knew he was coming.

Aside from that I agree though but it still feels out of reach for Sora imo

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What did I tell ya?
Never gonna be "complete" because of made-up necessities. No offense.
Real talk, Kirby has some neat support characters. The only real way to scrape the bottom of the barrel (besides cases like Prince Fluff, who until further notice are only in one game) would be to ask for helpers like Knuckle Joe, who can easily fulfill AT roles.

Also, there has to be a final boss AT that's more interesting to create than Nightmare.

Pacman wasn’t well kept. He was one of the first fighters leaked and once Namco was revealed to be making it everyone knew he was coming.

Aside from that I agree though but it still feels out of reach for Sora imo
Also, Squeenix is currently a hassle when it comes to having much Final Fantasy content in Smash, let alone this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom