• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity I decided to make a list of all the dads in Smash.
:ultbowser::ultcorrin::ultike:(Needed for Priam to exist):ultmarth:(obviously confirmed considering he has canonical descendants):ultmiifighters:(if you make a Mii of a dad):ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultchrom::ultsimon::ultrichter:(see Marth)

As well as potentially any of the Pokémon sans Mewtwo and Pika Libre, due to the breeding mechanic.
I know the mom list would be way smaller, but you can try that too, right?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Spending my fifteen points, in no particular order...
Bandanna Waddle Dee.
Isabelle.
Funky Kong.
Ayumi Tachibana.
Skull Kid.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
CHALLENGE

Create an original final boss for the "Spirits Mode", and how their boss fight would go.
Smash Master, it’d be the equivalent to Soul Caliburs Weapon Master and their gimmick would be their down special would change their moveset to an entirely different character.

Their attributes would be buffed from the norm.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also on the dads/moms list for Pokemon

:ultpichu: isn't quite ready to be a parent.

and I don't think :ultpokemontrainer: is ready either.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
CHALLENGE

Create an original final boss for the "Spirits Mode", and how their boss fight would go.
As a grand finale, perhaps some sort of remains of the Master Core? While there's not much to back it up, I've personally believed the original Master Hand was actually killed in Brawl, and that the one in 4 is simply a weakened Tabuu that had taken on it's form.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wasn't Roy a dad at some point too? Pretty sure it led to no descendants afterwards, but still . . .

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yoshi fathered that ungrateful Baby Mario by lugging that toddler all around an island in the middle of the ocean.

I think that counts.
I have another thought. Have you played Yoshi's Island DS? The canon status in regards to the Mario universe is kinda iffy, but do you recall that Yoshi was one of the Star Children? That means in a similar nature to arcade DK and modern DK, there are essentially two Yoshis that represent the same character: "Yoshi's Island" Yoshi and "Mario series" Yoshi. Therefore, Yoshi can be considered a biological father depending on what Yoshi you're talking about.

But I don't consider YIDS canon though. Baby DK kinda throws it off...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wasn't Roy a dad at some point too? Pretty sure it led to no descendants afterwards, but still . . .
His dad, Eliwood, is a dad, but Roy himself? He has potential marriages, but no confirmed descendants since the latest game chronologically is Elibe.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Also on the dads/moms list for Pokemon

:ultpichu: isn't quite ready to be a parent.

and I don't think :ultpokemontrainer: is ready either.
:ultpokemontrainer: could be a dad in the adoptive sense, depending on how he treats his Pokemon, given that Pokemon are apparently sentient, so there’s a possibility of there being a pseudo parental bond greater than how one would treat their pet IRL. I mean, :ultrosalina:clearly isn’t the Lumas’ actual mother but they treat her as such.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I dunno whether to spend my last point on Karate Joe, Ken or Ayumi, and I’m still learning about the last one, and for the first I’d prefer Chorus Kids because Gematsu

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
But I don't consider YIDS canon though. Baby DK kinda throws it off...
I remember watching a video essay (that "Kong Documentary" I think) that suggests Yoshi's Island DS could be canon if you accept that baby DK is actually baby Cranky Kong and that Kongs age faster than humans, so the timeline stays consistent.

Noipoi

Howdy!
CHALLENGE

The original beta guys from Dragon King the Fighters appear from the past to take revenge on the video game characters for being thrown out of their own series.
The battle is a 4 on 1 fight where you have to take them all out. They're incredibly tough and are not afraid to gang up on you, so be careful.
After you defeat all four of them they enter the second phase where they summon bosses from previous Smash games.
Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, Tabuu, and Master Core.
After that the final phase begins. They all fuse into one super being who's insanely difficult to beat. If you somehow manage to beat them they admit defeat, get sent back to their own time, and finally you're rewarded with-

CONGLATURATIONS! YOU HAVE COMPLETED A GREAT GAME! YOU HAVE PROOVED THE JUSTICE OF OUR CULTURE! NOW GO REST OUR HEROES!

Credits roll.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
Entire bottom row minus Ayumi. That adds up to 15 and gives us 15 more newcomers.

Can't wait to play as Karate Joe, Steve, Dig Dug, Gex, Cuphead, Earthworm Jim, Slippy, Birdo, that lobster thing, and many others.

D

Deleted member

Ayumi Tachibana, a character from Famicom Detective Club.
Yes, her. We need more skirts in Smash, the current os am offense to me personally. I mean, we have... Uhm, zero. At least there are a good number of dresses.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
LOL says who? Cloud got in before Geno sooooooooooo sorry Geno fans
I thought to be a 3rd party you had to be iconic and/or have close ties with Nintendo. Also Kingdom Hearts is kinda cringey not gonna lie

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.

Very easy choices here.

Isaac (5): Represents a franchise with a major cult following. One of the standouts of the GBA generation. The last big character left from after Brawl's release that still is popularly requested.

Bandanna Dee (5): Mainstay to Kirby series. After his inclusion Kirby will be a "complete franchise".

Dixie Kong (3): A Nintendo All-Star and one of the few iconic Nintendo characters not yet playable. After her inclusion, DK will be a "complete franchise".

Captain Toad (2): Toad is a Nintendo All-Star, and has a very deep and long running history with Nintendo. Captain Toad had a popular spinoff and is a regular character in the mainline Mario games starting with Super Mario Galaxy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bandanna Dee (5): Mainstay to Kirby series. After his inclusion Kirby will be a "complete franchise".
2001 - 2008: WE NEED :ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

2009 - 2018 (and beyond?): WE NEED BANDANA DEE TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

2018 - Forever: WE NEED MARX TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

People will never be satisfied. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just a what if situation to get off my chest. If I had been more open about echo possibilities and a certain newcomer, this would have been my final prediction:

LineupSmashUltimateFINALIZEDIfIHadTheChance.png

I'm gonna stick to my final prediction line-up I made back in July though. I still wanna be bold with the July predictions and not change anything, despite the missed opportunities to predict some echos. :p

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
2001 - 2008: WE NEED :ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

2009 - 2018 (and beyond?): WE NEED BANDANA DEE TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

2018 - Forever: WE NEED MARX TO COMPLETE THE FRANCHISE!!

People will never be satisfied. :p
Kirby WAS complete in 2008. Bandanna Dee has built up such an impressive resume in the Kirby series that in many of the titles he is Kirby's Luigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom