• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Assuming that it's regardless of likelihood...

Banjo-Kazooie (5)
Rayman (9)
Heihachi (12)
Elma (14)
Travis Touchdown (15)

While I figure that Banjo-Kazooie stands little to no chance of actually getting in (on the slim-to-nonexistent chance that Microsoft somehow gets a character in Smash, they'd likely go with one that they actually use like Steve? or Master Chief), they would be amazing. I found Rayman's treatment in Smash 4 weird (they get permission to use the mascot of a major third party, and only include him as a trophy?), and Rayman Legends alone shows that he'd work perfectly.

From what little I've played of Tekken, Heihachi's my favourite to play as (plus it would be interesting to have a third party series represented by a villain), and I don't want Xenoblade Chronicles X to get lost in the shuffle given that it's been heavily overshadowed by 1 and 2. (though it was a close call here between Elma and Impa)

Travis Touchdown is 120% bias on my part; I just like the No More Heroes games.
Yep, regardless of likelihood.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
+5 Geno
+5 BWD
+3 Tails
+1 Karate Joe
+1 Viridi

Why the hell is tails cheaper than shadow tho lmao of course i'm gonna take the sonic character who would probably have an original moveset over the one who's likely an echo fighter.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Y'all should know that the dancing lobster is everyone's favorite Lobster Lord.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Y'all should know that the dancing lobster is everyone's favorite Lobster Lord.
This is why he has a dancing alt in heroes.

And I don’t know which post had it, but if Sora gets its as a square rep primarily.

I think that’s how sakurai would view and that he’s possible but then you have to get by Disney too unless there’s a way around that. So Sora could go either way but I’d love him in smash

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
(5) for Decidueye
(4) for Crash Bandicoot
(3) for Isabelle
(1) for Celica
(1) for Hector
(1) for Dig-Dug

I'd get pretty much my entire wishlist lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

(1) Hector (Yeah I know I said earlier he wouldn't bring anything really new move set wise but since this is a game I'm going to be selfish and bias anyway)
(2) Celica
(3) Viridi
(5) Dillon
(9) Skull Kid
(14) Decidueye

Well I'm out of points for Elma so I guess my last one goes to the Dancing Lobster. Between that and two FE characters the world is sure to burn.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice

JRPG fan here: Isaac (5), Shantae (4), Lloyd (2), Gardevoir (2), and is that a Warrior of Light between Gardevoir and Funky? If not, I'll plump for Impa instead (2).

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

+3 Dixie kong
+2 Elma
+2 Impa
+5 Bandana Dee
+2 funky kong
+1 Celica (Idk anything about her but I needed to fill a spot and she has a cool design)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pfft, easy
(1)Hector
(4)Wonder-Red
(2)Dillon
(3)Isabelle
(1)Celica
(1)Blaziken
(2)Gardevoir
(1)That schoolgirl I don't know her name

This is why I would be the best Smash director possible

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

1 - Celica
2- Elma
Another 2, making 5 total so far - Lloyd
Rex and Pyra bring it up to 9
Bandana Dee brings it up to 14
Not using my last point lol

Roberk

Smash Champion
(1) Hector (Yeah I know I said earlier he wouldn't bring anything really new move set wise but since this is a game I'm going to be selfish and bias anyway)
(2) Celica
(3) Viridi
(5) Dillon
(9) Skull Kid
(14) Decidueye

Well I'm out of points for Elma so I guess my last one goes to the Dancing Lobster. Between that and two FE characters the world is sure to burn.
>Hector bringing nothing new moveset wise.
Dude.

Heavyweight with disjoints, throwing axes with unique trajectories, armor, etc. While axe disjoints seem similar to sword disjoints, they can still be functionally different and I'm sure they can whip something together with all of the axe animations in the franchise available to them. (Most axe users fit Hector's build, making it even easier.) Even then, Hector can simply pull from real life axe techniques. Plus, Smash Bros needs more dads.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Saw Tetra talk earlier. What would you think of her as a Toon Link echo? Retexture the sword for a sabre, and the Final Smash can be a transformation into Toon Zelda where she does Zelda's own Final Smash.

Further differentiation can be done with the bombs, making them cannonballs. They don't explode and do more damage when thrown. idk.

Can I pick characters not on this list for 1 point?

Depending on that answer, I made two lists:
4: Shantae
9: Isaac
12: Paper Mario
14: Lloyd
15: Celica

5: Phoenix Wright
6: Celica
9: Paper Mario
10: Terra Branford
15: Isaac

Iridium

Smash Hero
Saw Tetra talk earlier. What would you think of her as a Toon Link echo? Retexture the sword for a sabre, and the Final Smash can be a transformation into Toon Zelda where she does Zelda's own Final Smash.

Further differentiation can be done with the bombs, making them cannonballs. They don't explode and do more damage when thrown. idk.

Can I pick characters not on this list for 1 point?

Depending on that answer, I made two lists:
9: Isaac
12: Paper Mario
14: Lloyd
15: Celica

5: Phoenix Wright
6: Celica
9: Paper Mario
10: Terra Branford
15: Isaac
Well, if you want to, sure!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's a horrible idea that will never happen or work - Decidueye as a Falco echo.

Firebird is swapped out for Charizard's Fly.
Falco Phantasm is renamed Phantom Force.
Neutral B is swapped out for Dark Pit's Arrow, renamed Spirit Shackle.
Down B is swapped out with Mega Man's, renamed Leafage

While we're at it, let's make Midnight Lycanrock and echo of Wolf!

Up-B is renamed Rock Climb.
Side-B is renamed Accelrock
Neutral-B is and renamed Hyper Beam, given more power and speed but also a lot more endlag. He keeps the gun because creative liberties.
Down-B is swapped out for Counter.

Dang, I should really get into the business of fake leaks.

Dude.

Heavyweight with disjoints, throwing axes with unique trajectories, armor, etc. While axe disjoints seem similar to sword disjoints, they can still be functionally different and I'm sure they can whip something together with all of the axe animations in the franchise available to them. (Most axe users fit Hector's build, making it even easier.) Even then, Hector can simply pull from real life axe techniques. Plus, Smash Bros needs more dads.
Here's the thing though. Even if he has some differences, his overall moveset would still be similar to Ike's on a very basic level - a heavyweight with disjoints. It's just that his pointy stick of choice and the way that he swings it that would be different. I guess it's not a lack of moveset potential is his problem, it's his potential play style that is already covered. Unless they find some gimmick to set him apart like with Cloud's limit, that is.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
That's true but the choice itself is pretty strange, diskun is such an obscure character compared to our other retros and it's looking less likely we'll get a retro character
I would also say Qbert is just as obscure too. I do like seeing retro characters in Smash though, so I just appreciate what I get.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dude.

Out of curiosity I decided to make a list of all the dads in Smash.
:ultbowser::ultcorrin::ultike:(Needed for Priam to exist):ultmarth:(obviously confirmed considering he has canonical descendants):ultmiifighters:(if you make a Mii of a dad):ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultchrom::ultsimon::ultrichter:(see Marth)

As well as potentially any of the Pokémon sans Mewtwo and Pika Libre, due to the breeding mechanic.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Out of curiosity I decided to make a list of all the dads in Smash.
:ultbowser::ultcorrin::ultike:(Needed for Priam to exist):ultmarth:(obviously confirmed considering he has canonical descendants):ultmiifighters:(if you make a Mii of a dad):ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultchrom::ultsimon::ultrichter:(see Marth)

As well as potentially any of the Pokémon sans Mewtwo and Pika Libre, due to the breeding mechanic.
Yoshi fathered that ungrateful Baby Mario by lugging that toddler all around an island in the middle of the ocean.

I think that counts.

Even I'M not that creative when it comes to Yoshi
It's ez.

1: Boshi
2: Birdo (if we're going all out with Boshi)
3: Shy Guy
4: Fly Guy
5: Rapheal the Raven
6: Watermelon Monkey
7: Baby Mario
8: Super Baby Mario
9: Kamek
10: Baseball Boy
11: Baby Bowser
12: Poochy
13: Yarn Yoshi
14: Yarn Poochy
15: Baby Wario

...I had to resist the urge to spend all 15 points on Ace Attorney, Mario, Pokemon or FE characters multiple times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom