• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
Banjo, Geno, Shantae, and the dancing lobster.

Alternatively, Banjo, Geno, Skull Kid... and the dancing lobster.

Alternatively x2: Geno, Skull Kid, Shantae, and the Octolings.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
Lloyd, elma, viridi, celica, hunter, shantae, and Heihachi
some of those 2 should be 3 or 4. some of those 3 should be lower.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Interesting. I think we already learned dodge rolling was nerfed. And in what way were grabs nerfed?
Standard Grabs seem to take an extra 10 frames. Not sure what is start up and what is "whiffed" but should be intresting. And another kick in the knickers to the Ice Climbers.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Was it really hard to decipher that the music was Bomb Rush Blush? It's not an entirely original track, is it? If it isn't why is it so important that he guessed a preexisting OST that most people should've already known just by listening to it?
View attachment 158434
I think that what the fake leaker was getting at is that he could change the title as it was wrong when it shouldn’t have been. As we saw with bloody tears someone is editing the songs before they go live but they always have the right title.

The leaks implication was that they changed the song to the wrong name to prove they could change it later.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait, what's this about grabs and rolls being nerfed across the board? Cause that was my boi's weakest aspects about him in Smash 4.
If tether grabs, along with Pac-Man's and and Ivysaur's grabs aren't being nerfed, I've got a feeling Yoshi's will be safe as well.

I think I also heard Samus's rolls got buffed to? Well either way I imagine they'll go easier on characters with already bad rolls as well.

Iridium

Smash Hero
"Send in the Dancing Lobsters!!!" - Judge Trudy, Amanda Show
And to think I still see commercials with them late at night, and I somehow don't remember anything about them. I'm ashamed of myself.

Okay, I'll say . . . Shadow, Dillon, Ninten (why not?), Heihachi, Elma (for you, Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura ) and Ken (Dancing Lobster as backup :troll:).

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

No Dovahkiin?
No Soul Calibur characters?
0/10 worst wishlist game ever.

Still, I'd take Tails (3), Spring Man (3), Isabelle (3), Skull Kid (4), and then I'd use those last two points to go find and buy the Dragonborn. Ugh, fine...Gardevoir.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

5 - Banjo
4 - Rayman
4 - Rex and Pyra
2 - Elma

Must be nice having cheap picks.

TailsTheAssassin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4398 2362 0516
Grabs seem to take an extra 10 frames. Not sure what is start up and what is "whiffed" but should be interesting. And another kick in the knickers to the Ice Climbers.
I'm okay with that. People spam grabs as much as dodge rolls. Or maybe I'm just too dumb to not get caught

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Tinkle Tinkle Hulu Impa!
---
If we're on the topic of Echo fighters. I have a question.

I suggested Tetra as a Toon Link echo the other day, and I was thinking...

I mistakenly said that Tetra would have to lose the Bow, when what she would actually have to lose is the Boomerang. With this in mind, what would she have in it's place?
Well there's the water flintlock from Hyrule Warriors Legends or to get a little nutty, using a Hoyi Pear to summon a seagull to attack

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Assuming that it's regardless of likelihood...

Banjo-Kazooie (5)
Rayman (9)
Heihachi (12)
Elma (14)
Travis Touchdown (15)

While I figure that Banjo-Kazooie stands little to no chance of actually getting in (on the slim-to-nonexistent chance that Microsoft somehow gets a character in Smash, they'd likely go with one that they actually use like Steve? or Master Chief), they would be amazing. I found Rayman's treatment in Smash 4 weird (they get permission to use the mascot of a major third party, and only include him as a trophy?), and Rayman Legends alone shows that he'd work perfectly.

From what little I've played of Tekken, Heihachi's my favourite to play as (plus it would be interesting to have a third party series represented by a villain), and I don't want Xenoblade Chronicles X to get lost in the shuffle given that it's been heavily overshadowed by 1 and 2. (though it was a close call here between Elma and Impa)

Travis Touchdown is 120% bias on my part; I just like the No More Heroes games.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait, what's this about grabs and rolls being nerfed across the board? Cause that was my boi's weakest aspects about him in Smash 4.
There's no way you don't know how rolls were nerfed
literally a feature presented on the first day

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

3 - Dixie Kong
2 - Impa
5 - Geno
3 - Isabelle
2 - Captain Toad

I can also tradesies Isabelle and Captain Toad for Banjo, Waddle Dee, Decidueye, or Isaac and be just as happy.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
There's been something brewing inside me for the past few days, and I really think I need to get it out now.

Leaks aren't leaks anymore, they're just lists of characters that people actually want. You don't have to back up your claims or provide essential evidence, just list the characters most people want and publish it on GameFAQs or 4chan and watch as a bunch of gullible people start making YouTube videos about it.

The more I think about it, the more I realize the last legit leak was the ESRB leak back in Smash 4, because that had screenshots, videos, and a reasonable background. Everyone else is trying to get those Etika internet points.
Preach.

You sound like me during the Pokémon Sun/Moon pre-release days. Yes, any given leak can be legit, but its not worth grasping at every straw for that 1 real leak out of the 40 a day, every day, fake leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom