• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It guessed Richter, King K. Rool, and Dark Samus. And they all got announced in the direct.
View attachment 158113
This is my first time actually looking at it directly and very easy to see how it's BS.

They say that Lucina, Dark Pit, Daisy and Gothitelle were all listed underneath their counterparts. So why the heck wasn't Simon's name alongside Richter's? There's no good explanation for that.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It's already been a week and I already want a character(preferably a character not mentioned in 4chan rumors) just to see these new flood of rumors including that Gradevoir one get sent to the blast zone.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Seeing as how nearly all of the new comers thus far have been character's either highly requested in the ballot, having received a mii skin, or just frequently requested chars in general, a rando pokemon actually gives it less credibility in my mind.

The only precedent I would see here is Richter. He is a character with a (relatively) low amount of support that received a spot because of echo versatility. However, from what I understand, Richter is more recognizable in japan/latin america than Simon is, so Sakurai was covering his Castlevania basses.

Gothitelle's introduction would be nothing more than a token echo for Gardevoir. I can find no reason why Sakurai would feel it'd add much. And no, Sakurai doesn't just add rando's for the heck of it. All his picks always have some purpose.
I wasn't asking how you feel personally about Gothitelle being playable. I clarified in my post that I wanted a reason besides what people think is likely to happen why the leak isn't credible.

It's not a completely random Pokemon and it makes perfect sense for reasons I already explained. But, I'm not asking if the characters in the leak are likely.
PSA:
The datamine leak is likely fake, and all possible analysis on it has already been done.

Seriously guys. Please stop.
No.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The problem is that many (and I'd actually argue most) Fire Emblem fans in the west can only name FE characters from Awakening, Fates and Smash. You're just not going to get a huge reaction if you put in a character pre-Awakening. FE Heroes helps with that a bit, but again, I feel like a ton of modern FE fans don't even know what games most of these characters come from. Or even know that "Thracia 776" was the title of one of the games. It's an odd position to be in, considering most of the other franchises represented in Smash have equal billing in various parts of the world. Fire Emblem was exclusively Japanese for a long, long time.
Yeah, you're right. I just wish we got more love for non-relevant characters the same way K Rool or Geno does.

And maybe for people to get out of their comfort zone and play more older titles, come on.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. Lyn was introduced by the time when FE7 was still relatively recent. FE7 was 2003 if my memory serves right. Brawl was 2008. Not too long.
2. People only know Gaiden existed because the Gaiden remakes exist. I can guarantee you if FE4 gets the next remake the interest in Sigurd will skyrocket.
I’d be shocked if Sigurd ever gained massive FE popularity...and disturbed that he gained more popularity than a Sacred Stones character
Hot take - even though Rare were amazing in their heyday and they certainly have their place in history, their games have aged rather poorly and getting K Rool in (and sure, why not Dixie maybe) would be more than enough. Same with Spyro, same with Crash.

Gimme StarTropics. I'm old.
Does help that K Rool and Dixie are Nintendo characters before anything else
So currently I only own Smash 64 on Wii virtual console and 4 Wii U. My Melee and Brawl discs are sadly broken, so I need to rebuy those. And I gave away my 3DS XL, so I am thinking about buying a 3DS XL. Problem is, I also want to save my money for a Nintendo Switch of course.
Wait for a Switch

Enchess

Smash Lord
Think about it. Simon and Skull Kid are popular, but not nearly as much as Waluigi or Ashley. Shovel Knight was more popular, but he became an assist trophy. So what I'm thinking is that we may be treated to more villains and maybe more less known ones. I do hope that does mean my Deathborn, Eggman, and Porky theory is right
You can't compare third parties (especially Indies) and first parties directly like this. First parties always have a better chance for both ease of licensing and overlap of fanbases. Also there's a definite bubble effect here. I'm not sure Waluigi and Ashley are as popular as Skull Kid outside this bubble, but I can guarantee you they aren't as popular a Simon outside of here.
Literally every leak had Dark Samus and K.Rool on it. If you're going to give K.Rool and Dark Samus to this, you have to give it to 100 other 'leaks' as well.
WHY DO PEOPLE SUDDENLY THINK K ROOL AND DARK SAMUS WERE HARD GUESSES!? I double checked my post-E3 predictions and they were by far the two I was most confident in. To the point that any leak without them (again, not that there were many) immediately seemed false.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I clarified in my post that I wanted a reason besides what people think is likely to happen why the leak isn't credible..
bruh
Did I get blocked by him or something? Why doesn't the existence of Simon get through to him?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Why don't I believe it?

Because the story it gave makes 0 sense, and the only thing it got right was Richter, nothing else.

The Neogaf leak is 'just' as credible if you're only going to look at 1 thing it got right, especially since we've been able to confirm that the Neogaf leak was hijacked by a 2nd individual after the initial post who added stuff like Galacta and MonHun, the original leaker never said these things.

Your entire argument is "It guessed Richter", and the Neogaf leak's 'one correct guess' has been "It got Roy=Chrom".

I fail to see how one is more credible than the other. They're both just as bull**** as the other.

I really dont want to like bounce the leak back and forth cause i've discussed it to death and all my points are out there but i'll just give a response and then im not gonna push it anymore right now.

the neogaf leak has signs of trying to gain attention, leaving room for characters by "blocking" some of them out sounds like a fake leaker to me, honestly why else do that? if you know whos in and are fine with leaking it just drop all the names, not all the names he said were in the direct and dark samus wasnt on his list so its not like he was certain WHO would be shown in the direct so he risked having NONE of his chaarcters get shown off and he'd have leaked nothing.

conversely the way the gardevoir leak was posted feels real to me; by anonymously posting what was found in a datamine just to get the info out there sounds like what you'd do if you had that info.

guessing chrom as a roy echo is not equal to guessing richter, imo anyway. there were 3 choices for who chrom could be an echo of marth/ike/roy and chrom being in smash was generally thought of as being something that was super likely already while richter was not. chrom had reason to not be a marth echo (we have one) and reason to not be an ike echo (chrom doesnt fight in a slow strong fashion like ike... besides aether, they arent similar) so its guessable imo to go with roy, most werent guessing that but its guessable AND chrom is only "technically" a roy echo, he has moves from other characters which the leak doesnt talk about, we have no idea where this info is coming from as the leaker didnt talk about having insider sources like verge or lok18 so we dont know how the level of info he has is even possible.

the leak was posted in such a way that the poster can come back and enjoy the attention and then further fake more characters. the gardevoir leaker does what someone who got info but doesnt want to risk being found out would do, post anonymously and remain untraceable afterwards (no attention gained).

things like prince sable and terra dont feel anything like what we seem to be getting in ultimate. Gardevoir and gothitelle giving us every pokemon gen represented feels a lot like what we are getting in ultimate (multiple zelda games repped through the cast being overhaulled, the "everyone is here" theme).

galacta knight is super unlikely and i feel the leaker simply didnt KNOW metaknight had that alt costume shown off on the website (thinking the alts were only known for the demo characters) and with ike losing a chrom alt and samus losing a dark samus alt and then getting those characters I have very little hope galacta knight is real. If the leaker is now saying the leak was hijacked and switching up on which characters then once again that seems insanely fake to me (when he gave a definite number of characters initially by "blocking" some hidden ones i dont even know how he can claim that somehow he forgot to add the right amount and someone else hijacked and snuck on a few? like what? how does that work?). the gardevoir leak doesnt have anything like that in it, either galacta knight itself being "soft" deconfirmed OR trying to claim its hijacked and switching out character predictions, so that alone makes the neogaf leak less credible.

so anyway you dont have to believe either leak and i encourage making your own assessment of all the leaks and evidence out there, i'm all for that, but the gardevoir leak is in my opinion leagues ahead of the neogaf leak and all i want is to highlight why its so likely as i know to most people who would see it, seeing gothitell would make them instantly look over it and since there actually could be solid reasoning behind its character choices AND since it had guessed richter/k rool/dark samus surviving the direct and simply felt like it had sakurais thinking written all over it that it deserved to be looked at with the level of credibility it actually has rather than the low chances it appears to have at face value.

incineroar being called our likely new pokemon rep by verge and lok18 (though they arent sure) is probly the best argument against the gardevoir leak...though since they dont seem sure of the pokemon rep I dont think the gardevoir leak and verge/lok18 directly clash, im thinking both are credible but verge and lok18 simply dont know the pokemon rep. the gardevoir leaker, i think, has found it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So currently I only own Smash 64 on Wii virtual console and 4 Wii U. My Melee and Brawl discs are sadly broken, so I need to rebuy those. And I gave away my 3DS XL, so I am thinking about buying a 3DS XL. Problem is, I also want to save my money for a Nintendo Switch of course.
Wait for a Switch paisano, Smash ultimate is shaping up to be the ultimate Smash.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This is my first time actually looking at it directly and very easy to see how it's BS.

They say that Lucina, Dark Pit, Daisy and Gothitelle were all listed underneath their counterparts. So why the heck wasn't Simon's name alongside Richter's? There's no good explanation for that.
You can't just throw it out because of a slight inconsistency, and just because you don't know the explanation, doesn't mean there isn't one. There was an inconsistency with the Simon Belmont leak, claiming he would be revealed at E3, and also never mentioned Daisy.

The fact that it mentions Richter when nobody else did, alongside King K. Rool and Dark Samus who appeared in the same direct as Richter, is what really needs explaining if you're saying that's just a crazy coincidence.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
After the likes of Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus is anyone else expecting some more out-there Echoes? I mean, new attacks and properties are apparently fine if Chrom's recovery or Dark Samus's roll animations are any indication. Let's go nuts.
  • Malos over Shulk because
    they use the same sword and both use Monado Arts
  • Fiora or Cross over Elma; Cross has minor differences, Fiora uses drones instead of guns
  • Mega Charizard over Pokemon Trainer so he can use Rock Smash and preserve the Smash 4 Charizard
  • Celica or Soren over Robin; Celica has self-damage instead of limited uses, Soren uses a dagger from Radiant Dawn because it'd be funny to watch Ike's boyfriend stab dudes
  • Black Shadow over Ganondorf clone, but with Falcon's Smash attacks similar to Mega Charizard
  • Medusa over Palutena with the remaining custom specials as her attacks
  • Dr. Luigi as some ungodly threeway Echo between Doctor, Luigi and Mario. Green Missile and FLUDD?
  • Venom Snake as a Snake clone, Rocket Punch replaces Nikita Missile (multi-hit instead of exploding) and Fulton replaces Cypher

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I’d be shocked if Sigurd ever gained massive FE popularity...and disturbed that he gained more popularity than a Sacred Stones character
Sigurd is actually extremely popular within the hardcore FE fanbase for a few reasons.
He's a powerful unit, he rides on a horse in a game where horses dominate everything, and well, I'm sure many of you have heard the memes but I'm going to spoiler it anyway.
He strait up dies. Not a lot of a games kill the main protagonist partway through, so that was a huge shock to a lot of people. And there's no being brought to life by the power of friendship like Robin, he's just dead for the rest of the game.

Shroob

Sup?
I really dont want to like bounce the leak back and forth cause i've discussed it to death and all my points are out there but i'll just give a response and then im not gonna push it anymore right now.

the neogaf leak has signs of trying to gain attention, leaving room for characters by "blocking" some of them out sounds like a fake leaker to me, honestly why else do that? if you know whos in and are fine with leaking it just drop all the names, not all the names he said were in the direct and dark samus wasnt on his list so its not like he was certain WHO would be shown in the direct so he risked having NONE of his chaarcters get shown off and he'd have leaked nothing.

conversely the way the gardevoir leak was posted feels real to me; by anonymously posting what was found in a datamine just to get the info out there sounds like what you'd do if you had that info.

guessing chrom as a roy echo is not equal to guessing richter, imo anyway. there were 3 choices for who chrom could be an echo of marth/ike/roy and chrom being in smash was generally thought of as being something that was super likely already while richter was not. chrom had reason to not be a marth echo (we have one) and reason to not be an ike echo (chrom doesnt fight in a slow strong fashion like ike... besides aether, they arent similar) so its guessable imo to go with roy, most werent guessing that but its guessable AND chrom is only "technically" a roy echo, he has moves from other characters which the leak doesnt talk about, we have no idea where this info is coming from as the leaker didnt talk about having insider sources like verge or lok18 so we dont know how the level of info he has is even possible.

the leak was posted in such a way that the poster can come back and enjoy the attention and then further fake more characters. the gardevoir leaker does what someone who got info but doesnt want to risk being found out would do, post anonymously and remain untraceable afterwards (no attention gained).

things like prince sable and terra dont feel anything like what we seem to be getting in ultimate. Gardevoir and gothitelle giving us every pokemon gen represented feels a lot like what we are getting in ultimate (multiple zelda games repped through the cast being overhaulled, the "everyone is here" theme).

galacta knight is super unlikely and i feel the leaker simply didnt KNOW metaknight had that alt costume shown off on the website (thinking the alts were only known for the demo characters) and with ike losing a chrom alt and samus losing a dark samus alt and then getting those characters I have very little hope galacta knight is real. If the leaker is now saying the leak was hijacked and switching up on which characters then once again that seems insanely fake to me (when he gave a definite number of characters initially by "blocking" some hidden ones i dont even know how he can claim that somehow he forgot to add the right amount and someone else hijacked and snuck on a few? like what? how does that work?). the gardevoir leak doesnt have anything like that in it, either galacta knight itself being "soft" deconfirmed OR trying to claim its hijacked and switching out character predictions, so that alone makes the neogaf leak less credible.

so anyway you dont have to believe either leak and i encourage making your own assessment of all the leaks and evidence out there, i'm all for that, but the gardevoir leak is in my opinion leagues ahead of the neogaf leak and all i want is to highlight why its so likely as i know to most people who would see it, seeing gothitell would make them instantly look over it and since there actually could be solid reasoning behind its character choices AND since it had guessed richter/k rool/dark samus surviving the direct and simply felt like it had sakurais thinking written all over it that it deserved to be looked at with the level of credibility it actually has rather than the low chances it appears to have at face value.

incineroar being called our likely new pokemon rep by verge and lok18 (though they arent sure) is probly the best argument against the gardevoir leak...though since they dont seem sure of the pokemon rep I dont think the gardevoir leak and verge/lok18 directly clash, im thinking both are credible but verge and lok18 simply dont know the pokemon rep. the gardevoir leaker, i think, has found it.
Do you even know that Terra, Galacta Knight and Prince Sable aren't actually part of the Neogaf leak? That was added by the usurper. The only things the Neogaf leak has on it left are Isaac, Ken(Echo) and Soren(Echo).

Also, Loz never said Incineroar was likely, that was a FAKE PM.

So basically, you get the majority of your information from falsified data and don't doublecheck.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You can't just throw it out because of a slight inconsistency, and just because you don't know the explanation, doesn't mean there isn't one. There was an inconsistency with the Simon Belmont leak, claiming he would be revealed at E3, and also never mentioned Daisy.

The fact that it mentions Richter when nobody else did, alongside King K. Rool and Dark Samus who appeared in the same direct as Richter, is what really needs explaining if you're saying that's just a crazy coincidence.
yeah i'm probably blocked

Can someone please refer to the fact about this?
>says Richter but not Simon
>as in Simon isn't in the game
>as in Richter is supposed to be over Simon and Simon doesn't get in
>"yeah it guessed them all it must be legit!"
Come on, man.
Copy/paste it I don't care I just hate ignorance so much especially when they can't see it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sigurd is actually extremely popular within the hardcore FE fanbase for a few reasons.
He's a powerful unit, he rides on a horse in a game where horses dominate everything, and well, I'm sure many of you have heard the memes but I'm going to spoiler it anyway.
He strait up dies. Not a lot of a games kill the main protagonist partway through, so that was a huge shock to a lot of people. And there's no being brought to life by the power of friendship like Robin, he's just dead for the rest of the game.
Y'know before Awakening, I was really hyped to see if they would have the balls to due a generational timeskip again.
I guess that was a naive idea.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It's really not.

We have the Neogaf leak that's saying that SOREN will be an Echo of Robin.

If your basis for thinking a leak is 'real' due to off the wall picks, Soren as a Robin echo is just as weird.

well if soren showed up in the direct i'd be looking at the neogaf leak instead of the gardevoir one.

youre entirely right its not hard to add a less guessed at fighter into a leak.

it IS hard to have that less guessed at fighter actually show up and thats what happened with richter.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Except Vergeben never said Simon was an E3 reveal.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
After the likes of Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus is anyone else expecting some more out-there Echoes?
Thing is I don't really see Chrom, DS, or Daisy as out there. All three had decent support to be their own characters, they were included simply because it was easy to do them as echos. Richter was a surprise but Sakurai's reasoning is pretty easy to figure out. So I don't really expect off the wall crazy echos. We're more likely to get more heavily requested characters as echos. (ala Dixie)

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
As I stated in my last post, you can't just examine this in a vacuum. This was picked out of a pile of hundreds of leaks or being the one that picked Richter. K. Rool was the most common character in leaks and Dark Samus was not too far behind. There are also a handful of things that call this leak into question such as the absence of Simon and the fact that a Gothitelle Gardevoir echo makes only the most minimal of sense. When you're getting quite literally 500 text leaks in between directs, I'd be more surprised if one didn't guess a few characters correctly.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So if you were the game director, which series would be overrepped?
For me, Donkey Kong and Pokémon.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I remember considering Richter over Simon in the past just because he has showcased more fighting abilities than Simon and was the Belmont featured in the best selling Castlvania. I quickly dismissed the idea, but still it's not like Richter is a character no one could have ever thought of.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Except Vergeben never said Simon was an E3 reveal.
In fact, when Simon wasn't revealed at E3, he said something along the lines of "I never said Simon was going to be revealed at E3. He's going to be revealed later."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If people think Mario, Pokémon, and Fire Emblem are overrepped now...hoo boy...

Enchess

Smash Lord
After the likes of Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus is anyone else expecting some more out-there Echoes?
No, the two most expected echoes and the most obvious one if Simon was to get me make me expect less out there echoes. So Ninten, Isabelle, and Shadow (and maybe Dixie) are my predictions. If we get either Yuri or Mio by a miracle expect the other as an echo. If we get Isaac, Felix echo.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Do you even know that Terra, Galacta Knight and Prince Sable aren't actually part of the Neogaf leak? That was added by the usurper. The only things the Neogaf leak has on it left are Isaac, Ken(Echo) and Soren(Echo).

Also, Loz never said Incineroar was likely, that was a FAKE PM.

So basically, you get the majority of your information from falsified data and don't doublecheck.

ive straight up said that PM MIGHT have been faked in a video so yes i do double check, but i cant say for sure if its fake or not so there it is and verge HAS said a source told him they believe its incineroar.

youre talking about a "usurper" changing the characters on a leak and saying its in the same league as the one that guessed richter.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Can't shake this feeling people are latching on to the Gardevoir leak because they really, really don't want Incineroar, lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Especially considering the ongoing theme so far has been popular characters fans have been asking for and that have been in "leaks" since pre brawl
Where are the pre-Brawl Chrom supporters?

Shroob

Sup?
ive straight up said that PM MIGHT have been faked in a video so yes i do double check, but i cant say for sure if its fake or not so there it is and verge HAS said a source told him they believe its incineroar.

youre talking about a "usurper" changing the characters on a leak and saying its in the same league as the one that guessed richter.
Because the Neogaf leak was highjacked after the initial poster was nuked.

We have actual proof to know that the poster of the original Neogaf leak never said "Galacta Knight, Terra, Sable"

That wasn't him, the original leak is still very much alive, and just like your Gardevoir leak, got stuff right as well in the Direct.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I hope the Neogaf leak is false, since it doesn’t have Dixie and Banjo! And I find it strange Gardevoir is in it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No, the two most expected echoes and the most obvious one if Simon was to get me make me expect less out there echoes. So Ninten, Isabelle, and Shadow (and maybe Dixie) are my predictions. If we get either Yuri or Mio by a miracle expect the other as an echo. If we get Isaac, Felix echo.
I also expect a Matthew costume or color.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay, I'm just going to try to ignore any Gothitelle leak discussion from here on out. Nothing 100% disproves it but it's just too suspicious to take that seriously. With this many fake leaks flying around, one of them is bound to get a lucky guess or two.

If Gothitelle really does get in as a playable character, I'll burn my Charizard amiibo or something. I dunno. I'll work out the details for that later. But until then, I'm done talking about this.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
SOMEONE TELL HIM THE THING PLEASE AAAAAA IT CAN JUST END RIGHT THERE AND NOW

I wouldn't overrep, I'd ****ing demolish some of these verses.
:ultroy::ultlucina::ultcorrin: go straight into the trash

:ultbayonetta::ultjigglypuff: garbage day continues :ultrosalina::ultpichu:

make :4alph: an Echo because he needs justice

next thing I would do: rework entire movesets to make them truly unique as they should be

:ultluigi::ultdarksamus::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultmiifighters::ultsonic::ultwario: are about to get spun on and given better movesets (either a complete overhaul or like one or two moves) that suit their characters more.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can't shake this feeling people are latching on to the Gardevoir leak because they really, really don't want Incineroar, lol.
Wouldn't doubt it. I like Incineroar (definitely prefer Decidueye though) but it's always been controversial.

It's Tower of Smash all over again. Ignore leaks you dislike, give unwarranted attention to ones you do, no matter how baseless.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Thing is I don't really see Chrom, DS, or Daisy as out there. All three had decent support to be their own characters, they were included simply because it was easy to do them as echos. Richter was a surprise but Sakurai's reasoning is pretty easy to figure out. So I don't really expect off the wall crazy echos. We're more likely to get more heavily requested characters as echos. (ala Dixie)
I meant more in terms of "Echoes don't have to be 1:1 with the original" which opens up a lot of opportunities. Chrom has an entirely new attack, Dark Samus has different dodges and Richter is blended so much with Simon even Sakurai thinks they could be Echoes of each other. A lot of people think Dixie wouldn't work because she has too many differences, but she'd definitely be testing the boundaries of what an Echo can get away with (different grab and side B animations because she's always grabbed with her hair, new recovery, animations that use her hair in place of her non-existent tail).

Enchess

Smash Lord
Yeah....I mean I'm still rooting for no Pokemon reps because I'd rather them not spend resources that way, but I find any not-Incineroar Pokemon makes me pause and consider something might be real purely cuz I really don't like Incineroar (sorry guys...)

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
After the likes of Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus is anyone else expecting some more out-there Echoes? I mean, new attacks and properties are apparently fine if Chrom's recovery or Dark Samus's roll animations are any indication. Let's go nuts.
  • Malos over Shulk because
    they use the same sword and both use Monado Arts
  • Fiora or Cross over Elma; Cross has minor differences, Fiora uses drones instead of guns
  • Mega Charizard over Pokemon Trainer so he can use Rock Smash and preserve the Smash 4 Charizard
  • Celica or Soren over Robin; Celica has self-damage instead of limited uses, Soren uses a dagger from Radiant Dawn because it'd be funny to watch Ike's boyfriend stab dudes
  • Black Shadow over Ganondorf clone, but with Falcon's Smash attacks similar to Mega Charizard
  • Medusa over Palutena with the remaining custom specials as her attacks
  • Dr. Luigi as some ungodly threeway Echo between Doctor, Luigi and Mario. Green Missile and FLUDD?
  • Venom Snake as a Snake clone, Rocket Punch replaces Nikita Missile (multi-hit instead of exploding) and Fulton replaces Cypher
Although I’m a big fan of the idea of Liquid Snake or The Boss as a Snake echo, having Venom with the rocket punch would be the best move ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom