• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's no chance of Magicant becoming legal, what with the bottom platform.
If Halberd can be a legal stage, no way Magicant wouldn’t be able to over a platform most people probably wouldn’t dare using
All of those stages have issues that have nothing to do with hazards or walk-offs, such as camping areas, low blast-zone ceilings and caves of life

Also, I didn't leave out Unova Pokemon League
NDCH will be perfectly fine, Reset Bomb/Kalos would be more for doubles, literally every stage can be camped on (Bayos at EVO alone proved that), and most of the moving stages wouldn’t let fighters be harmed

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I noticed nobody ever speaks again about Crash or Spyro btw, is it because we are all now focusing on what leakers have led us to believe we are getting? Or they don't care about those two characters getting in smash anymore? Not that I'm a supporter of them or anything, I just noticed that and i'm curious, that's all.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Dark Samus and all this other Metroid stuff makes me sort of sad about the (literal) future of Metroid. All the cool characters and concepts are dead and we’re left with Samus in a rubber diving suit fighting Weyland-Yutani.

Obviously Prime 4 and any other Primes will take place before that point, and those are my favorite games, but I still love 2D Metroid and I find it hard to get excited about.
I'll take more 2D Metroid. They'll come up with something to eventually....FINALLY proceed with the timeline. They can bull**** Metroids or the X-Parasite back, just like they'll keep doing with Ridley.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Okay; So I use to not care at all about K.K Rool but his remix is fire right now. Definitely turning that up on blast and I hope tournaments uses Omega/Battlefield version of DK stages.

Songs legit will make u want a character o.0

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Back from a long day of work, what’d I miss?

For the love of god, please don’t be skull kid, pokemon, or goku talk.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I know this was a few days ago, but I have some questions about this Gardevoir leak that I need concrete answers to because the controversy is still happening all over the internet.
( papagenos papagenos , maybe you could help me out here.)

1. Why was this leak not brought sooner after or before the Nintendo Direct if it was in July?
  2. Why do people think it's "obviously fake" if it's full of accurate claims?
  3. Can someone explain to me what the controversy is about? Besides people emotionally not liking the idea or thinking they know better which characters are likely and which ones aren't, what about this leak seems "fake"? It's full of accurate information. It predicted Simon, Richter, King K. Rool, and Dark Samus, and that's EXACTLY what was confirmed in the August Direct.
1. before the direct it had no reason to be believed or looked at really, it had guessed nothing and made outlandish claims, it was posted on 4chan where there are dozens of fake leaks posted everyday (4chan has had real leaks posted there in the past to be clear but 99% of them are fake) it only had a few replies on 4chan so it barely picked up any attention at all (this is one of the many reasons why i think it might be true, if someone was faking it for attention what they said would literally get no attention back then, in fact it would be instantly thought fake. there was no motivation to fake that leak unless it was trolling but it didnt sound like trolling at all and even then you'd think he'd be looking for attention which it did not get).

2.This I dont know. I think it has a lot going for it personally and I havent heard a good reason to ignore it though I also see many people doing just that, sort of why I decided to highlight it in the first place, I was shocked it wasnt being discussed more.

3. (for the record it didnt guess simon instead it said verge was wrong and the castlevania character was richter instead BUT it also explained that the reason it said this was because it saw left over data in a demo copy of smash ultimate and that the data the leaker saw almost certainly was not complete, again just left over code in a demo, so its perfectly reasonable to assume simons code wasnt left in while richters was...whiping code from a game is difficult) as for why its controversial (besides it choice of pokemon newcomer) I think its just all leaks are controversial, even though I'm definitely championing this leak and I personally think its likely to end up being real. my reason for highlighting the leak has less to do with convincing people it must be real... it's more that I'm just trying to get it looked at and discussed cause I think it has a lot going for it AND I saw so many people instantly write it off or write it off as easily as possible because... well not to be rude but I have to assume people just dont want it to be credible.

to be blunt if you took off gardevoir and gothitelle and said "isaac and waddle dee" I have no doubt it would have been being discussed a LOT more as soon as the direct ended. Instead we got one leak that predicted richter and most people thought the other stuff it said sounded crazy so they found ways to ignore it.

just my take on it, figured since you asked me specifically I'd give my two cents but I'm not trying to "over sell" the leak just thought i should give you the response you asked for. if people who DONT believe it want to explain why they dont think it has much going for it, feel free, I'm not the person for explaining that side of the table.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Okay; So I use to not care at all about K.K Rool but his remix is fire right now. Definitely turning that up on blast and I hope tournaments uses Omega/Battlefield version of DK stages.

Songs legit will make u want a character o.0
I'm currently obsessed with the Megaman X's first stage theme song that was used in the Assist trophy segment in the last direct we got.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
As much fun as it is to fight on the 16th dong shaped stage, I think I'll pass on ever touching stage builder again.
I mean, you can't use Custom Stages with anyone, only with friends or locally.

So if you're fighting on so many of those types of stages, all that means is that you either have annoying friends, or you have an annoying community.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I noticed nobody ever speaks again about Crash or Spyro btw, is it because we are all now focusing on what leakers have led us to believe we are getting? Or they don't care about those two characters getting in smash anymore? Not that I'm a supporter of them or anything, I just noticed that and i'm curious, that's all.
I’m more focused on wanting Viridi, Shadow, and Skull Kid
For the love of god, please don’t be skull kid, pokemon, or goku talk.
All of that happened atleast once today...plus legal stages with and without hazards

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Project plan was done around December 2015. Crash's remake came too late and certainly Spyro's too. Maybe DLC idk. I don't think they were asked for a lot back then.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Zinith Zinith im sure you’d more than agree but can I just take a hot moment to say that I think it’s a shame Nintendo did nothing with Boshi after SMRPG?! Like it’s a good design imo and it could even have been the definitive P2 of the Yoshi games

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If they can get the rights, Sakurai can throw it in.
That single rule is what makes a probability a possibility.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I’m more focused on wanting Viridi, Shadow, and Skull Kid

All of that happened atleast once today...plus legal stages with and without hazards
Same here kinda, I just want Skull kid, Banjo and Isaac more than anything right now.

Project plan was done around December 2015. Crash's remake came too late and certainly Spyro's too. Maybe DLC idk. I don't think they were asked for a lot back then.
Ah, makes sense then.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Zinith Zinith im sure you’d more than agree but can I just take a hot moment to say that I think it’s a shame Nintendo did nothing with Boshi after SMRPG?! Like it’s a good design imo and it could even have been the definitive P2 of the Yoshi games
MORE than a shame. Unfortunately it's all up to Square (despite being a Nintendo created species lol), but I'm hopeful for his second coming if they agree to let Geno through...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still find it funny that you can have a game with Shadow and Black Shadow and people just kinda go :confused:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
There's no chance of Magicant becoming legal, what with the bottom platform.
It's a shame, too. Easily my favorite stage in all of Smash Bros.

Sidenote, been binging on Earthbound. Never touched Earthbound before, turning out to be a really enjoyable experience with fantastic music to boot.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Even I don't get Deathborn in Smash, I at least need these two songs remixed in Smash.

I would literally die happy if it happened

Shroob

Sup?
1. before the direct it had no reason to be believed or looked at really, it had guessed nothing and made outlandish claims, it was posted on 4chan where there are dozens of fake leaks posted everyday (4chan has had real leaks posted there in the past to be clear but 99% of them are fake) it only had a few replies on 4chan so it barely picked up any attention at all (this is one of the many reasons why i think it might be true, if someone was faking it for attention what they said would literally get no attention back then, in fact it would be instantly thought fake. there was no motivation to fake that leak unless it was trolling but it didnt sound like trolling at all and even then you'd think he'd be looking for attention which it did not get).

2.This I dont know. I think it has a lot going for it personally and I havent heard a good reason to ignore it though I also see many people doing just that, sort of why I decided to highlight it in the first place, I was shocked it wasnt being discussed more.

3. (for the record it didnt guess simon instead it said verge was wrong and the castlevania character was richter instead BUT it also explained that the reason it said this was because it saw left over data in a demo copy of smash ultimate and that the data the leaker saw almost certainly was not complete, again just left over code in a demo, so its perfectly reasonable to assume simons code wasnt left in while richters was...whiping code from a game is difficult) as for why its controversial (besides it choice of pokemon newcomer) I think its just all leaks are controversial, even though I'm definitely championing this leak and I personally think its likely to end up being real. my reason for highlighting the leak has less to do with convincing people it must be real... it's more that I'm just trying to get it looked at and discussed cause I think it has a lot going for it AND I saw so many people instantly write it off or write it off as easily as possible because... well not to be rude but I have to assume people just dont want it to be credible.

to be blunt if you took off gardevoir and gothitelle and said "isaac and waddle dee" I have no doubt it would have been being discussed a LOT more as soon as the direct ended. Instead we got one leak that predicted richter and most people thought the other stuff it said sounded crazy so they found ways to ignore it.

just my take on it, figured since you asked me specifically I'd give my two cents but I'm not trying to "over sell" the leak just thought i should give you the response you asked for. if people who DONT believe it want to explain why they dont think it has much going for it, feel free, I'm not the person for explaining that side of the table.
Why don't I believe it?

Because the story it gave makes 0 sense, and the only thing it got right was Richter, nothing else.

The Neogaf leak is 'just' as credible if you're only going to look at 1 thing it got right, especially since we've been able to confirm that the Neogaf leak was hijacked by a 2nd individual after the initial post who added stuff like Galacta and MonHun, the original leaker never said these things.

Your entire argument is "It guessed Richter", and the Neogaf leak's 'one correct guess' has been "It got Roy=Chrom".

I fail to see how one is more credible than the other. They're both just as bull**** as the other.

Last edited:

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
We have literally hundreds of leaks. This isn't a leak we were looking specifically at, we looked at the pile of hundreds of leaks after the direct and pulled out the one that guessed Richter. When you have that many fake leaks flying around, someone is going to guess right on Richter being in the game. Given that the information he did predict besides Richter was all stock-and-standard "safe" stuff to place in leaks, and the fact that his Richter leak was only half-right given that he claimed Richter was in instead of Simon, and the incredulity of the Gardevoir/Gothitelle idea you have an overall entirely unconvincing package.

And your justification for the Simon thing doesn't explain why Nintendo would successfully purge some characters from the demo and not others. Is it a possibility? Sure. But it just adds one more reason to doubt a leak that hasn't really done all that much to prove itself.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Honestly I always found the stage creator kind of underwhelming. With as many stages as the game has I'm not sure I'd consider it something vital that has to return.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Shadow, Bandana Dee, and Banjo are my three most wanted atm, I’ll be happy if atleast one of them gets confirmed.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
As a competitive player who really values the importance of stages in Smash and stage variety in tournament play, it is reaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy disappointing me when I see people suggest stagelists that consist of 5 starter stages and less than 10 legal stages total, all because people are too lazy to learn stages and strike/ban a few more stages during stage striking/counterpicking, leading to them wanting to completely ban any stage with the slightest perceived issue. I will be really agitated if we end up with a legal stagelist that small when we have well over 20 or even over 30 stages that are fully competitively viable.

I completely understand merging redundant stages like Battlefield clones and the two Pokemon Stadiums with transformations off, but to ban stages like Halberd for a low ceiling or Prism Tower because there's a walkoff for a few seconds or Frigate because one side of the stage moves a bit up and down is ridiculous. I can influence my local scene to keep the stagelist from being needlessly truncated, but I can only hope majors don't go down the same path that PM did with stages by making Ultimate's stagelist so stupidly small (or hopefully become a top player in time so I can use some good old top player privilege to throw my weight around and help keep the stagelist from becoming small).

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
EDIT: I REALIZED THAT WAS A SIGNATURE AND NOT PART OF THE POST SADKJADJSKLJD

I do however think that uhh...

Yeah I have nothing... I need stimulating content/leaks

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Even I don't get Deathborn in Smash, I at least need these two songs remixed in Smash.

I would literally die happy if it happened
YOU SAID PORT TOWN

WITHOUT ME HAVING TO ACKNOWLEDGE IT NOT BEING IN THE GAME YET IT'S STAGE BEING IN

BLESS

this and the vulture from SM64. you're on a great roll.

As a competitive player who really values the importance of stages in Smash and stage variety in tournament play, it is reaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy disappointing me when I see people suggest stagelists that consist of 5 starter stages and less than 10 legal stages total, all because people are too lazy to learn stagees and strike/ban a few more stages during stage striking/counterpicking, leading to them wanting to completely ban any stage with the slightest perceived issue. I will be really agitated if we end up with a legal stagelist that small when we have well over 20 or even over 30 stages that are fully competitively viable.

I completely understand merging redundant stages like Battlefield clones and the two Pokemon Stadiums with transformations off, but to ban stages like Halberd for a low ceiling or Prism Tower because there's a walkoff for a few seconds or Frigate because one side of the stage moves a bit up and down is ridiculous. I can influence my local scene to keep the stagelist from being needlessly truncated, but I can only hope majors don't go down the same path that PM did with stages by making Ultimate's stagelist so stupidly small (or hopefully become a top player in time so I can use some good old top player privilege to throw my weight around and help keep the stagelist from becoming small).
I... just want everyone to be able to agree on a rule set. I don't think it should be that hard. Maybe grouping stages together as a category and some visuals to help with banning will help? I don't know. It's been on my mind a while

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
How would people feel if a Three Houses from FE rep was DLC?
Based off that one trailer...I have no idea. We still know practically nothing about that game or its characters, so I don't know how I'd feel yet.

I probably would accept it, though. I'm not usually the type to complain about "too many of x character".

RandomAce

Smash Champion
How would people feel if a Three Houses from FE rep was DLC?
It’s going to be another Corrin situation again.

As long as the character is the unique then I’ll dig. But I feel it might be either A)The Green Haried Protagonist or B) Edelgard. I’ll go for the former simply because she is a female and wields an axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom