• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I didn't see your comment, I don't even attempt to read past messages in this thread any more lol.

I'm under the impression that the stage hazard toggle would make stages static. So Brinstar wouldn't have lava, we know Kongo Jungle would remove the barrel since they did the same with Kongo Falls, the other hazards would probably be removed, hazardless Frigate Orpheon looks legal from what I've seen, Halberd would probably get rid of the laser, Stadium 2, Mushroom Kingdom U, Kalos and Reset Bomb Forest wouldn't transform. That's just a theory anyways and we won't fully know until the game comes out.

From what I remember didn't Unova have a walk-off? I didn't play much of the 3DS version.
Not under normal circumstances. Ramps appear occasionally, but since their creation and destruction is reliant on hazards, I assume they won't appear when hazards are off.

Wait, what is darkest thing that could relate to R.O.B. through his fans?
I have answers to that I don't want to elaborate on...

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Lemme try to answer these.
1) Cause there were like a thousand leaks a day, not to mention the contents could easily have been disproven by Gardevoir or Dark Samus reprising their previous roles. The only reason we're discussing it now is cause whoever the person is on here with the patience of a saint that compiled all the leaks gave us a list of the ones not dead and it popped up.
2) Because it missed Simon as the original instead of seeing Richter as the echo. Also people don't like the idea of Gothitelle. There's also the fact that the language the leaker uses is vague, so you can interpret it as either he stole an entire demo and datamined it or took a sneak peek at some debug mode while he was unsupervised for 2 minutes.
3) It didn't actually predict Simon, only that Richter was the Castlevania rep. The points above sorta explain why people don't like the leak, but I do feel some part of that is the concept of getting an unpopular Pokemon as a potential fighter. Since I like Gardevoir and Gothitelle and the potential reasoning behind them has good logic I give the leak the benefit of the doubt, but it could very easily be total bull**** so many aren't as convinced.
Ok. I was just wondering if I was missing something because everyone (like on GameFaqs and ****) was acting like this was debunked and that there was something obviously fake about it, but I'll I've heard so far on there and on Smashboards is people denying it because they don't like it.

And I wouldn't say Gothitelle is an "unpopular" Pokemon. I know a lot of people who love Gothitelle.

In my opinion, it just makes perfect sense because Gardevoir is insanely popular, and it kills two birds with one stone by giving us a gen 3 and gen 5 Pokemon fighter.

The leaker was obviously right about everything else in the post, and like I said, Gardevoir/Gothitelle makes perfect sense, so I have no reason not to believe this.

People are really quick to jump to conclusions when there is even the slightest inconsistency. But, there was inconsistency with the Simon Belmont leak, which claimed he was going to be shown off at E3.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
People with a Gyromite fetish.
Oh. Well, now I wonder how is R.O.B. a he. At least we can understand why Dark Samus is considered female, but I never understood how a robot, and a toy at that, could have a gender . . .

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh. Well, now I wonder how is R.O.B. a he. At least we can understand why Dark Samus is considered female, but I never understood how a robot, and a toy at that, could have a gender . . .
Well, they tried to ask him what he'd prefer to be called but all he did was pick up his colored blocks and put them in the holes.
He hasn't objected yet so we just call R.O.B. a he.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The TO's talking in the VIP room have me hopeful for the future of competitive smash stage selection but I have to admit that I am worried that we'll end up with a very conservative list like we had in 4.
I think 100% of them look fine. Who are people complaining about?
Did you take a bathroom break when they showed Chrom?

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Of the unconfirmed (or de-confirmed) stages we have left, which one would you like to see the most? For me it'd be pretty close between Sector Z and Meta Crystal from Smash64
I love the look of Sector Z visually, but its pretty much the same as Corneria functionally so I wouldn't be crushed if it didn't return.
Pac-Maze is a huge omission though. Really not sure why that one seemingly isn't coming back.

I'm one of those people that actually think we've already seen all of the stages in the base game though so I'm not holding out hope to see any more.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If you do a close up look of Dark Samus' render it's really nasty looking. Really happy with how she turned out. I'd love both of her Prime 2 looks as well but I'm expecting too much at that point. I'd 100% buy DLC costumes though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The TO's talking in the VIP room have me hopeful for the future of competitive smash stage selection but I have to admit that I am worried that we'll end up with a very conservative list like we had in 4.
What have they been saying exactly?

Remmy-ro

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking a lot of the amount of viable stages for competitive play. We could be looking at a lot of legal stages if we open up to the hazard toggle. Even without it we're looking at a lot more variety than before.

Stages that can be legal on their own:
Battlefield
Final De
Midgar
Dracula's Castle
Hazardless midgar is just battlefield isn't it?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Would you love this game with this entire roster (and your most wanted characters) even if you had to play it with N64 graphics? just a random question for you all.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Did you take a bathroom break when they showed Chrom?
Yeah I was in the bathroom during that time

CatTastic

Smash Apprentice
My money's on Rayman getting in as Ubisoft actually tried to meet Nintendo half way throughout the Wii U cycle but it didn't work out.

And Steve from Minecraft will prolly get in too.

Oh gawd i want Classic Sonic as an echo fighter so freakin bad!

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
re cut Stages: Mute City (melee) no question.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo Love all of those. Keep going and definitely compile them!
Alright round 2, although I feel these are a little less inspired.

I chose these particular custom moves because the other were just the Lucas specials.
cap4.PNG cap5.PNG cap6.PNG

Tried to pick the customs that reflected the feeling of fighting an unstoppable juggernaut. Although The Black Knight wouldnt actually be any heavier than Ike, his special would certainly feel "heavier".
Cap.PNG cap3.PNG Cap2.PNG

Make Shadow "teleport" for his dodges and rolls like Mewtwo and call it a day.
cap8.PNG cap9.PNG

Megaman has some really cool custom moves, I love all the references in them. Might as well give them to Roll.

cap10.PNG cap11.PNG Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, Corrin in Fates is... underwhelming to say the least. I like Corrin imo, but even then he/she's mediocre in the better story of the Fates trio (Birthright) :ohwell:
Revelations > Birthright = Azura Nohr Dance > Conquest
So here's the legal stages that might be legal this time around (not including Battlefield and Final Destination):

Dream Land (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Story
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Arena Ferox
Town and City

Stages that could become legal due to hazard toggle:

Warioware Inc.
Unova Pokemon League
Find Mii
Midgar (assuming Materia is considered a stage hazard)
Pictochat 2
Wily Castle (unless what is said about the platforms still being there is true)
You left out a few stages

New Donk City Hall
Super Happy Tree
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Falls
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 2
Skyworld
Unova Pokémon League
Prism Tower
Magicant
Reset Bomb Forest
Mario Circuit
Skyloft
Gamer
Kalos Pokémon League
Duck Hunt

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

New Donk City Hall
Super Happy Tree
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Falls
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 2
Skyworld
Unova Pokémon League
Prism Tower
Magicant
Reset Bomb Forest
Mario Circuit
Skyloft
Gamer
Kalos Pokémon League
Duck Hunt
There's no chance of Magicant becoming legal, what with the bottom platform.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If it means Boshi gets in, ABSOLUTELY!!!

Also I've seen that character in your avatar before. Who is that?
It's a koopa version of Princess Peach that some 3D artist made and became viral kinda.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Speaking of stages, what's the verdict on a Stage Builder? Think that'll come back? If it does, what are your hopes for it?

The stage builder has been one of my favorite things about the recent Smash games. I love just sitting down and making stages to play with friends. Its a nice way to take a break from the game and just get creative.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

New Donk City Hall
Super Happy Tree
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Falls
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 2
Skyworld
Unova Pokémon League
Prism Tower
Magicant
Reset Bomb Forest
Mario Circuit
Skyloft
Gamer
Kalos Pokémon League
Duck Hunt
All of those stages have issues that have nothing to do with hazards or walk-offs, such as camping areas, low blast-zone ceilings and caves of life

Also, I didn't leave out Unova Pokemon League

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I love the look of Sector Z visually, but its pretty much the same as Corneria functionally so I wouldn't be crushed if it didn't return.
Pac-Maze is a huge omission though. Really not sure why that one seemingly isn't coming back.

I'm one of those people that actually think we've already seen all of the stages in the base game though so I'm not holding out hope to see any more.
Sector z great fox is like... 1.7 times bigger, meaning that it looks less like a "toy" model and it would be great for 8 man smash :c...

I will miss it

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Speaking of stages, what's the verdict on a Stage Builder? Think that'll come back? If it does, what are your hopes for it?

The stage builder has been one of my favorite things about the recent Smash games. I love just sitting down and making stages to play with friends. Its a nice way to take a break from the game and just get creative.
I kind of want more gimmicks and stuff... like it would be super funny to make that happen. Like imagine having a boss get stuck in a stage and what not

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

I would love for it to be back, but if i'm honest, I totally forgot about it with the whole new Stage Morph feature… it's probably my new favorite thing for stages at this moment lol

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I kind of want more gimmicks and stuff... like it would be super funny to make that happen. Like imagine having a boss get stuck in a stage and what not
Being able to grab elements from other stages (including bosses) and put them in your own stage would be incredibly cool.

Sector z great fox is like... 1.7 times bigger, meaning that it looks less like a "toy" model and it would be great for 8 man smash :c...

I will miss it
That's true. Honestly, I don't see any reason NOT to include it. The excluded stages so far are so confusing.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Would you love this game with this entire roster (and your most wanted characters) even if you had to play it with N64 graphics? just a random question for you all.
If I can still play it on the Switch, and get my characters that wasn't disconfirmed, then I have three words; let's get retro.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's fun to see what kinds of creative and artistic things people can come up with for the stage builder, but at the end of the day, it's kind of a forgettable feature that I wouldn't really miss if they got rid of it.

I still would welcome it with open arms if they did decide to include it again, however.

Noipoi

Howdy!

It should come back, but i'm probably not gonna use it except for joke stages.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
All of those stages have issues that have nothing to do with hazards or walk-offs, such as camping areas, low blast-zone ceilings and caves of life
I don't think Unova or Kalos have those problems. At least, not with hazards off.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's fun to see what kinds of creative and artistic things people can come up with for the stage builder, but at the end of the day, it's kind of a forgettable feature that I wouldn't really miss if they got rid of it.

I still would welcome it with open arms if they did decide to include it again, however.
As much fun as it is to fight on the 16th dong shaped stage, I think I'll pass on ever touching stage builder again.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If you do a close up look of Dark Samus' render it's really nasty looking. Really happy with how she turned out. I'd love both of her Prime 2 looks as well but I'm expecting too much at that point. I'd 100% buy DLC costumes though.
Dark Samus and all this other Metroid stuff makes me sort of sad about the (literal) future of Metroid. All the cool characters and concepts are dead and we’re left with Samus in a rubber diving suit fighting Weyland-Yutani.

Obviously Prime 4 and any other Primes will take place before that point, and those are my favorite games, but I still love 2D Metroid and I find it hard to get excited about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom