• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So here’s a little game to play, make a trailer for a newcomer, but have it introduce an Echo Fighter along with that character ala :ultrobinand:ultlucina: or :ultsimon:and:ultrichter:.
Clock Town is pleasantly going about its day, with the jovial theme song playing that's all-too-familiar to anyone who's ever enjoyed Majora's Mask.

:ultyounglink: is hanging out, feet dangling over the edge of the inn as he sips from a jug of milk, Tatl floating around over his head. Suddenly, a shadow overtakes him and the rest of the town, as the music goes into overdrive, reminiscent of the final day in Clock Town. Young Link stands and looks to the sky, drawing his sword, and the camera pans to the angry moon descending upon the town-- with
standing upon it. "Skull Kid crashes the party!!" He gives his cackling laugh, hops off of his moon, and comes down to fight Young Link one-on-one.

Gameplay montage continues, with Skull Kid showing various moves against BotW Link, Zelda and even Sheik, until we transition back to Clock Town, with him floating above the scared and dark town with another eerie cackle. Then, the unexpected happens:

"Hold on just a minute!" The text box overtakes the bottom portion of the screen in a familiar happy font, its translucent white bubble looking so out of place atop the image of such a dire situation. Skull Kid's attention piques as he juts his head down and to the side in time with the camera, which pans down to the ground, and zooms in...

...on
. "Isabelle has a plan!!" There's a total tonal shift as Isabelle hastily jumps from spot to spot within view, anime-style, popping from worker to worker as she jots things down on a clipboard and speaks in her typical adorable Animal Crossing gibberish. The city builders grunt in approval, and soon they begin to build and expand the town's central tower until a large trampoline-like tarp is erected over top of it, catching the hurling moon and sending it back up to the sky. Skull Kid watches this happen and sounds out, flabbergasted. An equally confused Young Link looks at Isabelle as she cheerfully applauds with the rest of the town for accomplishing their goal.

Skull Kid suddenly drops from the sky, overtaking the shot of our two heroes as his shoes are shown from the back. Young Link readies to fight again, and Isabelle jumps and frets with sweat bubbles flying around her head. Skull Kid suddenly sends a strike at the little animal, only for Young Link to dive in front and take the blow, toppling over. Isabelle sees this in shock, gets her angry face on, then leaps for Skull Kid. Cut to a montage of her moves as she beats up Skull Kid, then transition to other scenes fighting against Villager and hanging out in front of the Smashville characters.

The scene ends with Isabelle patching up Young Link, with Skull Kid in the background, dazed and tied up to one of the construction poles as workers continue their business, once again to the cheery Clock Town music.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
When it comes to newcomer tiers...

IT'S HAPPENING tier
Geno-This is the game where dreams come true. Geno has been highly requested since Brawl and Sakurai himself has wanted him in. It's happening.

Pretty much gonna happen tier
Incineroar/Gen 7 Pokemon-Sakurai has clearly done his Pokemon Sun and Moon homework and I don't see why Gamefreak wouldn't come to him again with more options for Pokemon newcomers, free advertisement after all. I think it'll be Incineroar but it could be Lycanroc, Buzzwole, Decidueye or even Zeraora.

Shadow-An incredibly easy echo to make. Not to mention Shadow's got tons of fans, no matter how edgy they may be.

Isabelle-See above. Easy to make and tons of fans (though not as edgy).

Ken-The original echo fighter, it's a golden opportunity I think Sakurai will take.

Might happen tier
Isaac-Another highly requested character since Brawl, I could easily see it happening in this game.

Skull Kid-Not as highly requested as the others, but still very loved. Majora's mask is a gaming icon and he would flesh out the Zelda characters beyond the main three, and give Link another rival.

Unsure tier
Bandanna Dee-A very requested character. He has some issues with being distinct from his fellow Dees, but he has become one of Kirby's closest friends in recent years.

Elma-Sakurai likes him some Xenoblade, and Rex and Pyra are a little late to the party. I could see it happening.

Chorus Kids/Rhythm Heaven-Planned for Smash 4 alongside Chrom. Chrom's in the game now. It could happen.

This is how I see it at least :p.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Rap I can understand (though for the record, I think the new Gangplank Galleon remix is the best one by far) but you don't associate metal with DK? The original Gangplank Galleon has a striking resemblance to classic heavy metal, and the Tropical Freeze boss music speaks for itself:

Because of the level one theme from DKC (Jungle Japes or was it Jungle Hi-Jinx?) I associate jazz and blues to DK if there HAD to be that one genre I have to tie a character/franchise to. It also depends on the level and setting. Hearing the Afro-centric music from that one Tropical Freeze stage where the whole stage is like a festival? That song is one of my faves.

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Which character from Rythm Heaven do you guys think has more chances to be in Ultimate? I'd say the Chorus Kids, 2nd place would go to Karate Joe.

D

Deleted member

If I recall correctly, the Xenoblade stage in Smash 4 only had songs from that game.
It also has The Valedictory Elegy on it (the only non-Xenoblade song).

Bandana dee - pretty much the only missingmkirby rep and the memoryman theory is checkingmout he datamine yoshi Wolly world and found daisy and waddle dee as if they hadn't more than one amiibo and daisy is playable so assuming it's a playable bandana dee in smash bros (ok should be a S but it's just in case that's not the case)
You know that datamine thing is completely bogus, right?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that the next newcomers revealed in the next Smash Direct might be Skull Kid, Geno, Dixie Kong, and Isabelle... maybe Banjo-Kazooie too.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly, I kinda associate DK with music that could easily be hilarious to me in the right contexts
Dunno why

This song screams meme to me

Or maybe it's that I like how Rare did games and game music back then, who knows lol

This could just be a convenient way for me to say I just think DK music is fun :p

Last edited:

TheGoobster

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3334-2994-8794
Did you guys hear that NintedoUK uploaded a picture of Skull Kid on their Instagram. Is this a hint?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So...from best to worst, rant the Ultimate newcomers. This is-a mine
:ultinkling:- Wanted them from the beginning of the Smash Ballot (and didn’t even play the first game for over a year...but I bought the second and love it...I didn’t expect them hem to be the first character revealed, let alone be used to announce this new Smash game)
:ultridley::ultkrool:(Tie)- highly requested and highly wanted...plus more villians and more bad***ery
:ultsimon:- Captain N...and music...and whip...that is all I got
:ultchrom::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus:- didn’t expect either of them, but I’m glad they get to join (Chrom can get more roasts from Viridi, Daisy can have more spotlight given to her...which is rightfully deserved..., and Dark Samus is another villain who looks bad*** alongside being another Dark clone...need more of this)
:ultrichter:- don’t know **** about him and most likely never will
This got skipped over, and I wanna play

1 Simon Belmont (Richter)
This is a character I honestly didn't know I wanted, and best of all he brings with him an awesome stage. His model looks awesome.

2 King K. Rool
Ive been on the K. Rool train since between Melee and Brawl. About damn time.

3 Ridley
I'm just happy for his fans. Congrats!

4 Dark Samus
Honestly I've wanted it (its not a "her") more than Ridley personally, but since it doesn't have enough original moves (ie, too clone-y) Ridley was more satisfying

5 Inkling
She only ranks low because we all knew she was coming, either as last minute dlc for 4, or as the 1st newcomer for Switch

6 Chrom
A character I really wanted during 4, but its too little too late, I've gotten over him

7 Daisy
Was never interested in her, and she's just Peach...

Last edited:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Apologies if it's already been discussed, but check out what the Nintendo Instagram just posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmgZuxcAB01/?hl=en&taken-by=nintendouk

EDIT: :ultgreninja: 'd

I wouldn't think anything of it if it weren't for the fact Loz had his GameFAQs account taken down last night after claiming Skull Kid is a newcomer. I originally thought he just took it down himself to fuel the fire and make people believe Nintendo did it, but this makes me re-think that stance...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well best to worst for me is

King K. Rool: Been wanting him for ages
Ridley: Similar but less connection to him
Daisy: I wanted her for ages. She's my preferred Mario Princess.
Simon: I haven't played too many Castlevania games but I love the lore and setting.
Richter: Horray for cheesy voice acting!
Chrom: I'm happy for him and his fans, even if I had no real desire for him.

Yeah, I'm not a very negative person.

D

Deleted member

No

How I should it bogus isn't it true now we are getting two different daisy amiibo's?
It's false because the supposed data that hints toward Waddle Dee and Daisy doesn't exist. People who know what they're doing couldn't find it, and memoryman is a very unreliable source.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but...The last part, that about yelling NO, sounded like you were annoyed.
Yeah, I agree you can interpret it as yelling, but using caps doesn't have to necessarily mean someone's in a bad mood. You could also just use it to point something out clearly to kinda make your point loud and clear, but I like to italicize for that.
It's all good in the hood brotha

It’s better not to think about the lack of tail
But he has a tail, it's just stubby.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This K Rool didn’t have a good enough tail
Dude if I played the DKC games and never noticed the tail, then I say it don't matter how short it is.
Can this be another mandela effect thing because I deadass don't remember there being a tail.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There's no need to be so rude, it might be a hint at Skull Kid being in Smash...
Dont worry even when I mentioned it a few hours ago a lot of people literally jumped on the denial wagon right away and discarded it of being a hint or a tease… funny cause nobody did that with the chairs right away, which is even more of a far reach. Oh well. I honestly keep that sharing pict as a hint, someone pointed out that Nintendo UK don't share random stuff like that so often + the timming + what loz18 should definitely make anyone rise an eyebrow at whatever we see skull kid related.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I like how the day we get Smash news we're satisfied for 1 or 2 days then after that people don't care anymore and start creating crackpot theories on chairs and pillows or tweets.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Dont worry even when I mentioned it a few hours ago a lot of people literally jumped on the denial wagon right away and discarded it of being a hint or a tease… funny cause nobody did that with the chairs right away, which is even more of a far reach. Oh well. I honestly keep that sharing pict as a hint, someone pointed out that Nintendo UK don't share random stuff like that so often + the timming + what loz18 should definitely make anyone rise an eyebrow at whatever we see skull kid related.
Lol now I am in denial. Gotcha.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think you got the definitions of denial and skepticism mixed up. :4villager:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So here’s a little game to play, make a trailer for a newcomer, but have it introduce an Echo Fighter along with that character ala :ultrobinand:ultlucina: or :ultsimon:and:ultrichter:.
We open on the Punch Out! Boxing Ring, where Little Mac is in the middle of a fierce fight with Pikachu Libre. Punches are met with shocks,
jabs are met with zaps, jolt haymakers are met with electric jolts, it's crazy and the crowd is loving it. While the battle is going on the doors in the back slowly creak open, and a large cloaked figure slinks in unheard and unseen by the crowd. The figure slowly walks up to the ring while listening to the crowd's cheers, the crowd seems to excite the figure as he quickens his pace with a smirk on his furry face. As the crowd gets even more pumped figure's brisk pace soon turns into an all-out sprint until he reaches the ring, jumps into the fray, and clocks Pikachu Libre directly in the face with his huge red fist launching her out of the ring. The crowd goes silent, all eyes are on the cloaked figure. Little Mac shakes off his surprise and puts up his fists in a defensive position, he's not going down without a fight. This pleases the cloaked the figure, his smile widens even more revealing his savage fangs.
The cloaked figure quickly removes his cloak and...

INCINEROAR BRINGS THE HEAT!

Once Incineroar reveals himself the crowd immediately starts booing him, and Incineroar relishes it. He lives for the crowd whether they like him or not.
Cut to gameplay of Incineroar in all his savage wrestler glory, including his Final Smash "Malicious Moonsault". Cut back to the ring where Little Mac appears to be winning, until Incineroar spits in his eyes and hits him below belt. While Little Mac is still reeling from the dirty tricks Incineroar swaggers up to him all smug while charging a Flamethrower from his fire belt. That is until a hadouken knocks him back. Dazed from the hit, Incineroar looks up in shock to see...

KEN BEATS YOU TO THE PUNCH!

Ken looks back at Little Mac, gives him a thumbs up, and turns to face his foe. Cue some Ken gameplay (His Final Smashes are the same as Ryu's).
The trailer ends with an intense fight between Incineroar and Ken, Incineroar's fist connects with Kens kick causing a huge explosion while the crowd goes wild. End Trailer.

The after scene has Pichu come up to Incineroar while he's resting after the fight to ask for an autograph, he's his biggest fan. Incineroar gladly obliges.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Lol now I am in denial. Gotcha.
I never specified names lol

I think you got the definitions of denial and skepticism mixed up. :4villager:
Ok I guess a straight and big "NO" is closer to skepticism than denial, my bad :p I will leave it at that lol. We will see when he gets actually revealed or not, I honestly got tired of explaining people why they shouldn't discard teasers like this right away anyways.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My anticipation over weather skull kid is in the game or not is killing me x.x.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like how the day we get Smash news we're satisfied for 1 or 2 days then after that people don't care anymore and start creating crackpot theories on chairs and pillows or tweets.
Hey man, from the beginning I thought the chair thing was stupid. I'm pretty satisfied right now, though I still want to know which new Pokemon we're getting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I never specified names lol

Ok I guess a straight and big "NO" is closer to skepticism than denial, my bad :p
That's not how denial works. It would be denial if we 100% knew Skull Kid was in the game.
A single post from the UK division of Nintendo of all things is supposed to confirm Skull Kid? Nah dude, I doubt that.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
That's not how denial works. It would be denial if we 100% knew Skull Kid was in the game.
A single post from the UK division of Nintendo of all things is supposed to confirm Skull Kid? Nah dude, I doubt that.
Once again… I never said that such thing CONFIRMS him being in it. I don't know how many times, i definitely totally lost count, of when i said that this was easily a hint/tease to add to the pile of hints/teasing we've gotten about him. In no post of mine i ever said "this confirms him 100%". Feel free to check.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I mist have missed something, what tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom