• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Many of you underestimate dixie kongs chance getting in smash ultimate lol. Personally i think her chance is like 95%
I don't think I would go over 70% on any character at this point.

Honestly, the character I'm most confident in is Shadow. Where's that dude who said he would drink paint or something if Shadow was not unique?

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Ranking Newcomers?

1.:ultkrool:- Hes been my most wanted for over 5 years, as you can probably see I am a fan of DK games, couodnt be happier that hes in.

2.:ultinkling:- I fell in love with Splatoon on day 1, and I was surprised they werent in Smash 4s DLC. Seeing them finally in action is very satisfying.

3.:ultridley:- Im not good at Metroid, so I dont see the best of Ridley firsthand. But, I was always well aware if his abilities and popularity. And who doesnt want to play as a big space pteridactyl?

4.:ultsimon:- Hes kinda like a Ryu situation to me, where I never wouldve put them on a want list(i only played Castlevania 1-4 on NES and SNES ages ago), but I am bery happy to see him here. His moveset looks very cool and I cant wair to try him!

5.:ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultdarksamus: I never wouldve wanted these characters before. But, seeing them in the game as easy to make echoes makes me happy that were getting more characters and makes me happy for their fans. Yes, even the local anti FE bum appreciates Chroms inclusion.

6.:ultrichter:- I have nothing agaisnt this guy. Its just that, well... I knew nothing about him besids his name before he got announced.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Guys, I've been thinking. Sakurai said; "We plan to reveal the design of every character before the game releases"

What if that does not count for Echo fighters?
I mean, they are based off of other fighters, and would not be a direct new "design".

Just a thought.
Nah, they wouldn't leave echo fighters to be discovered by us. They've been hyping them up since the term was first coined in June.

Plus my thought is the last direct before the release where they reveal every character, they are going to fill in the art with every fighter, then announce that it will be available for purchase (or maybe a free presale gift for customers or something before a certain date). The hypest thing right now, at least for me, is watching the sprawl of characters they keep adding to the banner.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Sephiroth would make a great boss, and people would be talking about that for ages. I don't even know Final Fantasy, but I'm totally down for that.
So long as it’s the hardest boss, like Kingdom Hearts difficult, it’s optional and unlocks something neat.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
New game, list the most likely newcomers in tiers (S being most likely and C being least but still having a chance) based on circumstancial evidence such as tweets etc. list your reasoning, and no echoes (I won’t list Dixie or Isabelle here cause I’m assuming they’re echoes)

S -
Skull Kid (recent Instagram post)
Isaac - Rathalos screenshot on site looks like a battle scene from Golden Sun

A -
Elma - Mech figurine Sakurai purchased may be a reference for the Skell Final Smash; Hiroyuki Sawano (X’s composer) doing music for a secret project in March
(Bandana) Waddle Dee - all Waddle Dees absent from Dedede’s moveset, Bandana Dee missing from the scene depicted in Dedede’s FS
Geno - Nintendo America made a tweet remembering Super Mario RPG’s anniversary

B -
Chorus Kids - since Chrom is in, Chorus Kids may be the last newcomer from the original Gematsu plans. There was code in Smash 4 for a RH series logo
Lloyd Irving - Brian Beacock’s statements on the AseliaCon Facebook message screencaps are a bit suspicious
Gen 7 - Verg seems to be the only lead so far and it’s not Decidueye or Lycanroc at least

C -
Heihachi - was planned for 4, not much else evidence atm
S-
Isaac - Higley popular character for Smash Bros, would no doubt get in
Geno - Was meant to be in Brawl and has tons of support

A-
Skull Kid - Not a popular pick, but a pick that does have some huge amount official evidence of getting in

B-
Chorus Kid - Gematsu leaked, also popular characters
Gen 7 - Verg leak and also at least one new Pokemon in every Smash Bros

C-
Porky - Not Popular, but also would be a good Mother Rep and fit the theme
Eggman - Makes the most sense out of every Sonic character to put in. Most popular sonic character besides tails and Shadow

D-
Deathborn - Not that popular, but Black Shadow has been requested as a Falcon Clone. Had his own trophy in Smash 4 that was unlockable under a specific condition. F-Zero has only one representative and there have been rumors of a F-Zero game in development for a while. Could be a Ridley situation where Deathborn is the newcomer and Black Shadow is the Echo.
Elma - Popular, but is from a weak game in the franchise. Is also a side character and not the MC of the game.
Mike Jones - Popular, but only in America, Japan has no interest in Startropics.

E-
Rex and Pyra - Popular, but Xeno 2 isn't that critically sucsessful and the two would be a strange gimmick to pull off.

F-
Bandana Dee - Popular, but due to his stature in the games... would likely be a trophy at least and an assist trophy at most.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Guys, I've been thinking. Sakurai said; "We plan to reveal the design of every character before the game releases"

What if that does not count for Echo fighters?
I mean, they are based off of other fighters, and would not be a direct new "design".

Just a thought.
I say Sakurai will reveal everyone who is playable (and maybe alts aswell)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So now that we had a focused Smash direct, non smash players or fans will be desperate for a regular nintendo direct. Of course I bet we could get a new reveal in a regular direct… So i wonder how soon are we gonna get such direct, considering we are getting closer and closer to the final months and more games should be announced as Nintendo told us they would. Oh and the whole online thing coming very soon now too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So now that we had a focused Smash direct, non smash players or fans will be desperate for a regular nintendo direct. Of course I bet we could get a new reveal in a regular direct… So i wonder how soon are we gonna get such direct, considering we are getting closer and closer to the final months and more games should be announced as Nintendo told us they would. Oh and the whole online thing coming very soon now too.
We gotta get one next month, they have to go into detail about the online service.
We could get a few game reveals and maybe a Smash reveal too.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
How about Terra for the base game where she has a MP mechanic where she can use stronger moves but consumes her MP that gradually replenish and make Kefka DLC instead of Sephiroth.
Fite me.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
S
Skull Kid
Isabelle

A
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Shadow

B
Impa
Dixie Kong
Geno

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I like GOOD rap, sure. Not cartoony rap, not whatever Xenoblade X tried in their battle theme...and I just don't connect rap or metal etc. with Donkey Kong.
I am a huge fan of Hiroyuki Sawano, but for the life of me, I don't know why he uses David Whitaker in any of his work. He kind of ruins Black Tar and Until My Body is Dry.

Disagreed on cartoony rap though. DK64's rap is the ****.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So here’s a little game to play, make a trailer for a newcomer, but have it introduce an Echo Fighter along with that character ala :ultrobinand:ultlucina: or :ultsimon:and:ultrichter:.
I actually see these two getting in and made a reveal trailer for them! I imagine it would be a surprise announcment like the Robin/Lucina video.

Opens up with a zoom out of a clock tower that has just gone off. We see in the town square below Young Link, Zelda, Ness and Lucas walking through as the sky turns red. People begin packing up their shops and leaving, the tower keeps ringing. Then a large shadow covers the characters and Young Link looks up to see the Moon above them, not far in the distance. A floating figure in the sky taunts the heroes and we hear the signature laugh.

The heroes prepare themselves for battle but are quickly picked off (Ness and Lucas first) by magic attacks. Young Link blocks one and Zelda knocks the mysterious figure from the sky. A mask drops to the ground. The villian slowly levitates to the ground, back to the camera, picks up and puts on the mask, then turns to the camera "SKULL KID *Can't think of a tagline XD*" He laughs and we see gameplay.

Gameplay ends with him using his final smash on younglink, jumps to cutscene where Young Link lays in the ground defeated. Skull Kid floats over to Zelda who cowers. Skull Kid shoots a blast of dark magic but before it connects someone jumps in the way and blocks it. Zelda looks up to see whose shadow she's in, and it's "IMPA!" She gives a reassuring nod to Zelda and leaps toward skull kid. Gameplay.

Gameplay ends with Impa finishing off Skull Kid with her final smash. Smash Ultimate Logo. The final cutscene after the logo is the kids all playing in Termina field, with Impa protectively watching from a tree.

Sorry for the long read but I thought of this one recently lol. I don't think this is how it will happen exactly, but if they both got in I think it would be the best way to show them both off (meaning with Impa defending Zelda from an attacking Skull Kid. It works so well because this is more of a child Zelda).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I know it’ll never happen...but Clementine for Smash

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Game Idea: Come up with an echo for an unrevealed character (Like Richter)

I'll start: 10% Zygarde over Lycanroc
Prince Richard as an echo of Prince Sable

For those who’ve played Animal Crossing with save files.

If Isabelle gets Neighbors as her alts, who from your town do you personally want to see?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png

This cutie

T!t!

Smash Cadet
[...]
That's 320 songs already, meaning the remaining franchises fill out 480+ songs.

If all songs from Smash 4 return (unlikely), the missing franchises fill out another 249 songs, and the missing Metal Gear music brings that up to 258. This leaves 222+ songs. This number does not include any new remixes confirmed on the website, or featured in the character trailers, nor does it include the songs cut from Brawl to Smash 4 (Except Metal Gear). Even if all of those were included, there would still be a lot of blank space. Zelda and Mario had a ton of music in Smash 4 (combined they total 106 songs).

I don't think any useful information about franchise representation can be determined at the moment. Could they fit another franchise in with these numbers? Absolutely. Could the remaining space just be for more Mario/Zelda/Pokemon music? Maybe.
Arms has great music in my opinion. While it remains uncertain if the game gets any representation, if they don't include an ARMS fighters such as Springman, I at least could see it happen that we get an ARMS stage featuring some of the great music. If I recall correctly the game has now about 15 fighters, each of them having a unique theme. Then they still have some mode-specific music so I'm sure they could have 20-25 tracks included if they wanted to.

Then also a bit of a risky guess is the comeback of Dillon's Rolling Western music. In Sm4sh there was only one song. Since then a new game has launched so potentially we could either get a second track or replace the old one from Sm4sh with a new one based of his recent adventure on the 3ds.

This at least would be the music I'm mostly interested in. Besides that I could imagine any 3rd party character would bring a lot of music along with him. Just to show with a few examples: Rayman has tons of possible music tracks, Banjo&Kazooie and Conker could offer a decent selection of tunes as well. If a Tekken character makes it into the game, Tekken obviously has a huge music library too. These are just a few examples but I definitely would still expect at least one last 3rd party character to join the roster.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I like GOOD rap, sure. Not cartoony rap, not whatever Xenoblade X tried in their battle theme...and I just don't connect rap or metal etc. with Donkey Kong.
Rap I can understand (though for the record, I think the new Gangplank Galleon remix is the best one by far) but you don't associate metal with DK? The original Gangplank Galleon has a striking resemblance to classic heavy metal, and the Tropical Freeze boss music speaks for itself:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
New game, list the most likely newcomers in tiers (S being most likely and C being least but still having a chance) based on circumstancial evidence such as tweets etc. list your reasoning, and no echoes (I won’t list Dixie or Isabelle here cause I’m assuming they’re echoes)

S -

A -
Elma - Mech figurine Sakurai purchased may be a reference for the Skell Final Smash; Hiroyuki Sawano (X’s composer) doing music for a secret project in March
(Bandana) Waddle Dee - all Waddle Dees absent from Dedede’s moveset, Bandana Dee missing from the scene depicted in Dedede’s FS

B -
Chorus Kids - since Chrom is in, Chorus Kids may be the last newcomer from the original Gematsu plans. There was code in Smash 4 for a RH series logo
Lloyd Irving - Brian Beacock’s statements on the AseliaCon Facebook message screencaps are a bit suspicious
Gen 7 - Verg seems to be the only lead so far and it’s not Decidueye or Lycanroc at least

C -

Let's play

S tier
Skull kid - missing in action and potential replaced by the moon and have seen some potential hints and before you complain about the final smash there's other options most particual is majoras wrath probably by a giga bowser esc final smash in this

Shadow - missing in action and chrom proved echos can be hybrids of multiple characters for this case sonic and mewtwo sound about right for shadow and everyone missing this but sonic s dash attack is changed to a kick I think shadow would rather do that than spin dash

Isabelle - practically popular and the new main character of animal crossing probably be a echo of villager the biggest complain I see on this from people is they refuse to see Isabelle use a axe

Geno - this is the last character of the trifecta not playable :ultkrool:and :ultridley: are the other Two sakurai actually wants geno to this has ben since brawl days square enix is more cooperative with Nintendo recently plus we already have cloud, and just recently and we already a fan art made September 1st 2015 of geno wasn't made by a senior artist that works for Nintendo said the reason for the art is there there's a lot of Mario rpg talk and felt it was approate but weirdly 3 years latter the post on why the picture has ben made has ben deleted recently and I should point out the talk was during the making of smash ultimate roster it wasn't till 2016 the roster wasn't finalized

A tier

Bandana dee - pretty much the only missingmkirby rep and the memoryman theory is checkingmout he datamine yoshi Wolly world and found daisy and waddle dee as if they hadn't more than one amiibo and daisy is playable so assuming it's a playable bandana dee in smash bros (ok should be a S but it's just in case that's not the case)

Dixie kong - again chrom proves hybrids is possible Dixie could get a hybrid attacks so she doesn't end up having the jet pack and we are really focusing on the fans

Gardevoir and gothiette- I don't care about what you say about the leak is garbage to me I'm looking into it and there's no evidence on it being fake, but anyway leak or not your actually really really underestimating gardevoirs chances to be honest.

(By the way I did some digging I just figured out they would pick ritcher over Simon remember in the direct sakurai said simons moves are actually based on ritchers moves and it's hard to tell who's echoing who so that's almost a confession they chose ritcher first/rather have ritcher and Japan prefers ritcher over Simon if you look at castlevania fans in Japan)

Gardevoir actually is almost the most popular non starter non legendary of gen 3
Sakurai is focusing on the fans (the ballot as well)
If you consider how we gave explanations on pokemon I'm willing to wager you said the words "to present for gen 3"(depending on the pokemon you vote)
Before Sceptile gets in as a arguement it's a safe bet ivysaur ruined everything
Gardevoir in pokken so they can look into moves from that (and pika libre name got made offical there born in OROS
Gardevoir is missing in action just like skull kid, Isabelle and shadow definatly hard to believe it will be a isaac situation
The term "everyone's is here" I think the Pokémon trailer might involved of presenting gens 3,5 and 7 and do something like "all gens are here"
As for gothiette is a echo I think it's just to present for this

A episode in the offical pokemon series when they are considered sisters
But also so we have a gen 5 Pokémon as well can you find any combination in a gen 3 and 5 to have a unique and be a echo of the unique

And I don't care about what talk you give me for a reminder

Isaac - a huge fan request purposes and has definatly a nice moveset potential

Gen 7 rep - verge and loz18 are talking this and there's are lots of choices for Pokémon reps in that generation my money is on inciniroar though

B tier

Heihachi - sakurai did consider this one but was cut due to PAC-man and hard to implement a moveset doesn't mean he changed his mind today

Crash bandicoot - this is Morley for dlc he's recently resurrected to Nintendo the only way he has a shot for base is if sakurai knew about the triliogy development during the roster making

C tier

Springman - everyone keeps screwing this up the game didn't exist during the roster making

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
My newcomer rankings / echo / including returning Veterans that was cut

0.:ultsnake: (GOAT) / Please ADD THE BOSS as a echo.
1st.:ultsimon: ( I really like his moveset)
2.:ultrichter:
3.:ultinkling: /:ultwolf:
4.:ultdarksamus: (Best Echo IMO)
5.:ultridley:
6.:ultpokemontrainer: ( I love Ivysuar and Squirtle)
7.:ultkrool:
8.:ulticeclimbers:
9.:ultyounglink:
10.:ultdaisy:(Okay)
11.:ultchrom: (Cool; prolly grow on me)
12.:ultpichu:(Meh)

I'm not really fond of Nintendo franchises like that.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Arms has great music in my opinion. While it remains uncertain if the game gets any representation, if they don't include an ARMS fighters such as Springman, I at least could see it happen that we get an ARMS stage featuring some of the great music. If I recall correctly the game has now about 15 fighters, each of them having a unique theme. Then they still have some mode-specific music so I'm sure they could have 20-25 tracks included if they wanted to.
ARMS has a FANTASTIC soundtrack, and even if a character isn't included, I think an ARMS stage is still incredibly likely. (Hopefully the giant ramen bowl.)

There's also a large number of tracks from already-represented franchises that have new music to pick from, such as Xenoblade Chronicles. If I recall correctly, the Xenoblade stage in Smash 4 only had songs from that game. But now we have XCX and XC2 to pull music from. The same can be said for other characters' franchises, too.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I saw someone predict the possibility of the Stage Morph being used for All-Star. Thinking about, I think that's a very possible thing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
hi yes I do believe y’all are sleeping on the most adorable AC neighbor ever

1534365595198.png

boom

Caroline is My Baby(TM) and I got her in my first town and refused to let her leave

I hope I get her back in my new town which may take a while cause Circle Pad Broke

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
hi yes I do believe y’all are sleeping on the most adorable AC neighbor ever

View attachment 158000
boom

Caroline is My Baby(TM) and I got her in my first town and refused to let her leave

I hope I get her back in my new town which may take a while cause Circle Pad Broke
Omg! I didn’t know she existed she’s adorable you win

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I just don't connect rap or metal etc. with Donkey Kong.
The very first thing that happens in DKC is Cranky Kong is minding his own business, listening to his gramophone, and then DK drops in with his boombox blasting hip-hop shouting "the future is now, old man."

It's part of the series' core identity. Or at least it should be, before Nintendo dropped all the 90s charm Rare instilled the franchise with and replaced it with nothing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1525240414597.png
1519065808383.png

Listen, rap and/or lyrics is fine when you do it well. The F-Zero Medley is a good job at it.
This mumble rap that I can't even decipher because someone did a **** job at the audio mixing?
this ain't it fellas :( consider this track going in the trash unless i get an instrumental

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

S -

A -

B -

C -
S Tier
Shadow, Skull Kid

A Tier
Decidueye, Incineroar, Geno, Isabelle (even though I don't want her)

B Tier
Ken, Bandana Dee, Spring Man, Rayman, Isaac

C Tier
Crash, Banjo, Sora

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Listen, rap and/or lyrics is fine when you do it well. The F-Zero Medley is a good job at it.
This mumble rap that I can't even decipher because someone did a **** job at the audio mixing?
this ain't it fellas :( consider this track going in the trash unless i get an instrumental
no worries dude, i'll probably play it on loop enough to make up for your lack of playing it anyway

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom