• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So is there any characters you expect but would still be absolutely shocked if they were revealed?

For me it's Skull Kid. I feel like he is coming but not so confident that he's a shoe in. I'd be really surprised still.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I kinda want whatever Wario's branch/path/section in the story to start with a dramatic cutscene with Waluigi only to have him be defeated almost immediately
Have it as a recreation of Luigi's cutscene in Adventure Mode (where Mario is jumping onto Peach's castle, but is footstooled by Luigi).

Too harsh?
He is now a friend of Marx and Dark Meta Knight, Kirby's friendship power must stop!
Kirby is almost as overpowered as Luffy and Naruto.
Palutena already does that. :D
Tinfoil hat theory: Zelda has "Triforce of Wisdom" now because Gardevoir has the exact same Final Smash concept.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
his chances weren't very high to begin with.
The captain had a real good chance in joint Smash before the DNDCH situation (and was also one of the few legit contenders for this game)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Would Bandana Dee be considered a Hero or a Rival?

He likes to help both Kirby and Dedede lol.
Probably a Rival...
Hero. In K. Rool's trailer Dedede isn't even considered a rival. Only Meta Knight, weirdly.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So is there any characters you expect but would still be absolutely shocked if they were revealed?

For me it's Skull Kid. I feel like he is coming but not so confident that he's a shoe in. I'd be really surprised still.
Isaac. You can never be sure with that lad.

MainJPW

M.T.A
He's not, but I don't think he's very likely at all.
People are using him being in the background of New Donk as a deconfirmation, but Toon Link is still in the background of Spirit Train.

As long as Captain Toad doesn't play a tangible role in the stage and is just a background element, there's absolutely no reason to assume he's deconfirmed by this. I do think it lowers his chances significantly though, and his chances weren't very high to begin with.
Toon Link is a VETERAN. They have never revealed a newcomer in an NPC role before revealing them as playable.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Gardevoir imo would be well...overwhelming. Why her over more interesting Pokemons like Buzzwole or Incineroar besides having an echo? (Gothitelle)
She just feels out of place.
Because the roster was decided in 2015. Most Sun and Moon Pokemon weren't revealed to the public yet, and there was every chance that the Pokemon they choose could be the next Delphox or Zoroark and have mediocre reception. It would probably be safer to go for a Pokemon in the past that has concrete popularity that has withstood the test of time. Gardevoir ties in with a potential "every gen repped" situation since it's both popular and can have an echo from gen 5.
Personally, I don't think Gen 7 will be left out, and so far I'm betting on Incineroar. Gardevoir just works really well as a newcomer beside it, with Gothitelle completely rounding out the Gens.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Because the roster was decided in 2015. Most Sun and Moon Pokemon weren't revealed to the public yet, and there was every chance that the Pokemon they choose could be the next Delphox or Zoroark and have mediocre reception. It would probably be safer to go for a Pokemon in the past that has concrete popularity that has withstood the test of time. Gardevoir ties in with a potential "every gen repped" situation since it's both popular and can have an echo from gen 5.
Personally, I don't think Gen 7 will be left out, and so far I'm betting on Incineroar. Gardevoir just works really well as a newcomer beside it, with Gothitelle completely rounding out the Gens.
Not to mention that when Smash Ultimate's project plan was being done, ORAS was the most recent Pokémon game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't really want Skull kid tbh.

Plenty of more iconic Zelda villains to choose from imo.
As much as three Links amuses me, Zelda does sorely need more characters. Skull Kid might be the catalyst that is needed for that.

I remember seeing it somewhere on here, but isn't Bandanna Dee the Luigi of Kirby? Like not as bad, but defintely more cautious in a fight. I can see that being played up more than hero/rival.

Correct me if I'm wrong though! I defintely think he's more a friend these days.
Besides, Kirby and BDee need to have a proper rematch, since their first battle was pretty one-sided.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It may be because Dedede later appeared in the trailer.

Or they didn't want to give Kirby two rival.
Dedede didn't show up in the Hero v. Rivals artwork because he was too busy setting up to troll DK.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
So, I had a weird dream last night that partially featured Smash, with some weird newcomer picks.

One of them was Wario in his classic outfit, with an N64 quality model, also wearing Pikachu’s blue party hat, somehow as a separate character?
There was another that was just some guy inside a dinosaur/dragon made of energy who was apparently supposed to somehow be plot relevant to Smash, even though it just didn’t seem thematically fitting at all, ahaha.
I *think* there was another character on the roster that looked like a pink and black electric guitar??

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have a question. Wasn't Krystal planned to be playable in Brawl? I hear that she got scrapped, and Wolf was put in instead because he was easy to make work in limited time. Can anyone confirm if that is true?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Skull Kid, or more specifically Majora's Mask, is the most iconic non-ganondorf villain in the series. Vaati may have more staring roles but it's the imp that people remember.

Example: Strong Bad dressed up as Skull Kid for Halloween one time.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'd say Dr. Wily and Sephiroth are more wanted bosses, but the latter of which isn't happening.

We'll probably get Akuma as a boss if Ken is an Echo, though.
I think M. Bison is the best "villain" for Street Fighter, but I wouldn't complain if Akuma were a boss or Echo Fighter.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, I had a weird dream last night that partially featured Smash, with some weird newcomer picks.

One of them was Wario in his classic outfit, with an N64 quality model, also wearing Pikachu’s blue party hat, somehow as a separate character?
There was another that was just some guy inside a dinosaur/dragon made of energy who was apparently supposed to somehow be plot relevant to Smash, even though it just didn’t seem thematically fitting at all, ahaha.
I *think* there was another character on the roster that looked like a pink and black electric guitar??
Somehow, my Smash-related dream with Wario in it made more sense than this, and it had him as a giant robotic wind-up toy.

I'd say Dr. Wily and Sephiroth are more wanted bosses, but the latter of which isn't happening.

We'll probably get Akuma as a boss if Ken is an Echo, though.
A game with Cloud in it? Without Sephiroth? Now that is a rare sight.

That being said, it'd be fun to have Bison in here, so I can do this:

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Still discussing Pokémon?

I’d gladly take Garvedoir but not Gothitelle. Gothitelle looks rather odd bring in smash and is it even popular?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Still discussing Pokémon?

I’d gladly take Garvedoir but not Gothitelle. Gothitelle looks rather odd bring in smash and is it even popular?
Apparantly, she is popular in Japan, but I have no real source on this, only peoples saying that she is.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Aw geez, I’m sick of both Pokemon and Skull Kid talk....

Here’s something else to bring up: What alternate costumes would you give most of the characters?

:ultluigi:-Mr L.
:ultpeach:- Atleast two Odyssey outfits ala Mario
:ultdaisy:-Sport outfit
:ultlink:- Classic OoT/Smash tunic
:ultzelda:- BOTW outfit, Warriors outfit
:ultbowser:- Tuxedo
:ultfalcon:- No helmet
:ultness:- Pajamas
:ultdiddy:-Backwards cap, shades, and bling.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Just for the record, people will always say "they've never done this" until the first time they do it
:U

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Here’s something else to bring up: What alternate costumes would you give most of the characters?

:ultdiddy:-Rapper
Mecha Mewtwo.
Mega Man ... Without his helmet
Lucina.... With her mask on.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Does anyone else like how when Snake does his Final Smash, everything around him still moves, but in a slow-motion, high-action kind of way (look at the Remote Bomb)? A pretty cool touch honestly.

Also, Pyra Pyra , is it possible that you can answer my question about Krystal earlier on this page?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Skull Kid, or more specifically Majora's Mask, is the most iconic non-ganondorf villain in the series. Vaati may have more staring roles but it's the imp that people remember.

Example: Strong Bad dressed up as Skull Kid for Halloween one time.

I think Nintendo should make Zelda game that has a "League of Villains" in it.

Naturally, Ganondorf is the leader; you could have Vaati, Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Twinrova, Onox and Veran as Ganondorf's minions.
You could also add Cia, Volga and Wizzro, I guess.

I think it would make for an amazing anniversary game.
Okay. Would I make a new thread or how would I ask for help?
You make a new thread in the Support Thread and explain your predicament.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think M. Bison is the best "villain" for Street Fighter, but I wouldn't complain if Akuma were a boss or Echo Fighter.
Bison is the best boss they could pull out, but I'm thinking about workload. If you have Ryu (and maybe Ken), it'd be a lot easier to pull Akuma out and do something with.

As for alternate costumes:
:ultsamus: - Samus Returns

D

Deleted member

:ultryu: - SFV Bearded Alt Costume

That is all.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I just don't want Gothitelle because I don't like its design and it has no redeeming qualities. It's like Sakurai serves us free dessert but it looks/tastes super unappealing.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I think Nintendo should make Zelda game that has a "League of Villains" in it.

Naturally, Ganondorf is the leader; you could have Vaati, Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Twinrova, Onox and Veran as Ganondorf's minions.
You could also add Cia, Volga and Wizzro, I guess.

I think it would make for an amazing anniversary game.

You make a new thread in the Support Thread and explain your predicament.
Okay thanks, I'll try that.

D

Deleted member

:ultluigi:- Mr. L
:ulttoonlink:- Outset Link
:ultmetaknight:- Beta Meta Knight/Morpho Knight
:ultzelda:- Skyward Sword Outfit
:ultganondorf:- TP Ganon
:ultmario:- Beach Mario
:ultwario:- Zero Suit
:ultlucas:- Masked Man
:ultsamus:- Light Suit
:ultcorrin:- Nohr Noble
:ultmewtwo:- Armor from the Movie
:ultbowser:- Wedding Bowser
K. Rool - Boxer outfit

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know, I sometimes feel like the only way we will see :ultmegaman: without his helmet is if we somehow got a fourth taunt added to Smash, so the left and right button on the d-pad would allow for different taunts.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Gardevoir imo would be well...underwhelming. Why her over more interesting Pokemons like Buzzwole or Incineroar besides having an echo? (Gothitelle)
She just feels out of place.

(EDIT: replaced overwhelming with underwhelming. My apologies.)
Cause shes a popular well known pokemon?

Idk why some you guys question characters like Gardevoir, Skull Kid, or Shadow when they've been very popular for the longest time lol

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So Loz18 says there won’t be any Smash news until a direct in November. That sucks, since it my boxart theory is correct, that would mean now more third party characters. (Besides maybe Geno)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom