• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
THAT is what we are all debating!? Seriously?!?!?!?!?!?

That is ludicrous. It doesnt even make sense.
Completely sidestepping the almost impossibility of anyone having taken home a copy of the demo (and then POSTING about it), he says that Gardevoir is listed among other Echo fighters, because she has an echo fighter.

I know SATs are not given analogies anymore, but if we were to assume that information is true:
Gardevoir : Gothielle :: Marth : Lucina :: Pit : Dark Pit

In other words, Gardevoir would be congruent to Marth and Pit, NOT to the other echo fighters.

I really wish someone had posted that earlier. Its a waste of time from a purely linguistic slip giving away any falsehood.

And then, to top it off, the poster states that Simon is not in the game- and that Richter is IN HIS STEAD. Well, both made it. So That leak was disproven already. (I did not start with this point because it could have been an issue in translation from another language. But between this and the point above, it isnt even a possibility he is telling the truth).
thats not what he said hes saying gardevoirs name was among the CODE not the other echo fighters, you're misreading it.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
It could've been that Richter was the original character and Simon was modeled off of Richter. After all, Sakurai said in the direct that Simon uses a lot of Richter's moves in the game, and that it's hard to say which one is really the echo. With that said, maybe Simon wasn't made when this guy leaked this and Richter was the only one made for Castlevania at the time
There's still a hierarchy on which one gets the ε or not. Richter did, so it's very reasonable to expect that Simon was considered first and worked on first. And if not, he was at the very least made at the same time. I can't see a situation where Ritcher was the first idea and Simon was an afterthought.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just realized togepi's primary attacks are rollout, teleport, metronome, and extrasensory, but can you imagine if togepi teleported like Mewtwo, Rollout'd like Jiggly, and metronome abilities like Kirby? oh, and Extrasensory or rest for Togepi's B down.
Metronome is nothing like Kirby... Metronome is a randomized move. Not a fill in the blank copy move.

Shroob

Sup?
It could've been that Richter was the original character and Simon was modeled off of Richter. After all, Sakurai said in the direct that Simon uses a lot of Richter's moves in the game, and that it's hard to say which one is really the echo. With that said, maybe Simon wasn't made when this guy leaked this and Richter was the only one made for Castlevania at the time
HIGHLY unlikely.

These 3D trailers were probably done at least a year or so in advance, and while Richter was given some spotlight, Simon was obviously the main focus.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Oh man Lip deconfirm I have feeling Lip item will return but oh well anticipating new retro reps Mach Rider or Excitebike for Smash Ultimate Im god. Dr.Mario is my main I'm good.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I blame society, hey guess what we're all members of... each of us has in some way neglected to fix the problem or neglected to obstain from feeding the internet.
I think we’re beyond the point of fixing the problem hun

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
If there is another fighter ballot, I’m thinking Doom Guy is gonna be top 5 for sure. I’ve been seeing support for him go up steadily, and Doom Eternal has gotten people talking about him.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Many were predicting King k Rool and Dark Samus after E3. If he predicted Simon with a Richter echo I would have been on board, but he completely ignores Simon. Despite the echoes being grouped with their characters apparently.

I don't see it happening. Unfortunately we'll have to wait like a month for anything to change :/

It sounded like Simon wasn’t on the demo. Video game demo’s never really have everything in the game because it’s an early build.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Welp, i see were beating around the bush here alot, might take a break from posting here until next reveal which Im betting will be early September for online. There is only so many characters we can speculate at this point and we know not ALL are getting in with promised a "few" characters left.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
There's still a hierarchy on which one gets the ε or not. Richter did, so it's very reasonable to expect that Simon was considered first and worked on first. And if not, he was at the very least made at the same time. I can't see a situation where Ritcher was the first idea and Simon was an afterthought.
That's possible, but it could also be that Richter got the ε because Simon is the OG Castlevania guy (I think)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, Simon can't use item crashes in his own games, Richter does.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So, do you expect Ultimate to become your new favorite Smash? I doubt I like it more than the first two, but hopefully it comes close! (Please make the stage builder good again)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
HIGHLY unlikely.

These 3D trailers were probably done at least a year or so in advance, and while Richter was given some spotlight, Simon was obviously the main focus.
I could be wrong. I'm just going by what PapaGeno said in his video

If there is another fighter ballot, I’m thinking Doom Guy is gonna be top 5 for sure. I’ve been seeing support for him go up steadily, and Doom Eternal has gotten people talking about him.
Doom guy feels more like a meme character to me personally

I don't know what item crashes are, but I'm sure you're right

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
thats not what he said hes saying gardevoirs name was among the CODE not the other echo fighters, you're misreading it.
You are likely right. Grammatically, what I said is still accurate. And thusly, the fact that it is so unclear says again that it is poorly written.
But I'm not gonna link an essay on unclear language and how it is synonymous with the degradation of society, knowing how quickly and lazily I communicate on this forum when in speed (this quick changing thread in particular)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I wouldn't be surprised by that. It's understandable why Sakurai would pick Richter first after all...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I cannot fathom another ballot.
The last one said point blank, "results of this ballot will be used for this Smash game and future games to come."
Maybe even more clearly than I just paraphrased. It was a direct statement.
We are only now finally getting in the real characters from the ballot.

We're not getting another ballot.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Oh man Lip deconfirm I have feeling Lip item will return but oh well anticipating new retro reps Mach Rider or Excitebike for Smash Ultimate Im god. Dr.Mario is my main I'm good.
It did return

I don't think Lip will make it in, but it's not like Dark Pit's staff being an item deconfims him either :p

Ness and Lucas can't use most of their PK moves. Robin doesn't have acess to Nosferatu. That was never an issue. In fact, I could see them putting these moves on Simon and thinking "You know what? We could make Ritcher too"

Shroob

Sup?
I could be wrong. I'm just going by what PapaGeno said in his video

Doom guy feels more like a meme character to me personally
I mean, I necessarily don't think he's right.

Like, literally 'all' it got right was Richter, since K.Rool and Dark Samus were easy picks after E3.

Otherwise, a guy just happened to steal a Ultimate game card, dump it at home, and then provide 0 evidence to back up his claims.

I'm more than okay with Gardevoir, but I buy this about as much as I buy the Neogaf leak that got Roy = Chrom right, which is to say not at all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, do you expect Ultimate to become your new favorite Smash? I doubt I like it more than the first two, but hopefully it comes close! (Please make the stage builder good again)
Counting on it, depending on who gets revealed next.

Him and K. Rool have a thing these days.
They're frenemies. That is, as long as Rool doesn't pull the Blast-O-Matic out...

But I've had enough debauchery for now, I'll head to bed, see y'all in the AM.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If Isabelle and stage builder are in the game (a good stage builder) then yes, I think it will be the best one. If not... it probably will still be the best one.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I wonder how many trophies we will get this time around. Also, does anybody else love receiving All-Star trophies? The originals are good, but seeing alternates as well were nice, and the Final Smash trophies are just too good as collectibles!

I expect at least 900 trophies, and we most likely will get more.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Does someone here know japanese?

I would like to know what does this magazine say...

It's apparently a very big japanese videogames magazine and it has the most desired Smash characters, but I'm not sure.

Once again this is a prediction roster, not a wanted roster.

I'll give you the full translation:

Our readers' predictions for new participating fighters

In our July survey response form, (excluding Inkling) we had readers write down their predictions for new fighters... and the results are placed in order of most predicted in the chart on the right! Bandana Waddle Dee, who has in recent years fought along side Kirby, and Rex, are at about the same amount of votes. Waddle Dee's share was outstanding. Springman's game is also a fighting game, so he seems suited for Smash Bros. Mimikyu and Jibanyan, if they showed up they would show up interesting skills.

1. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby Series)
2. Rex (Xenoblade 2)
3. Springman (ARMS)
4. Mimikyu (Pocket Monster Series)
5. Jibanyan (Youkai Watch Series)

Also Magalor, Marx (Kirby series), Decidueye, Incineroar (Pocket Monster series), came after Daisy. Captain Toad (he can't jump you know!?), Fire Emblem new protagonist, Goemon, and Kunio-kun also received several votes.

Those who predicted Ridley and Daisy, correct answer! Well, no one predicted Ridley... No matter how many times we look at him he has the presence of a stage gimmick.

----

And that's all, aside from the labels.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Metronome is nothing like Kirby... Metronome is a randomized move. Not a fill in the blank copy move.
yes but it could randomly pick any of Kirby's copy abilities at random, randomly! Isn't that random? Without having to absorb the said ability first, mind you.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It did return

I don't think Lip will make it in, but it's not like Dark Pit's staff being an item deconfims him either :p

Ness and Lucas can't use most of their PK moves. Robin doesn't have acess to Nosferatu. That was never an issue. In fact, I could see them putting these moves on Simon and thinking "You know what? We could make Ritcher too"
I dont think we will get Lip, unfortunately. Unless we really do have a good number of characters left.

I am more than sure of Balloon Fighter... and again... that is not just my desire or thought, but rather much more proven...

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
No one's arguing against it because "It says things people don't like"

It's being argued against because someone just happened to dump the Demo without anyone else noticing, read the contents of said dump and provide 0 evidence.

The ONLY reason people give this leak any time of day is because it got Richter right, and if we're saying that leaks have to be real because they're guessing things that 'no one' else has said, then the Neogaf leak, despite how wonky and weird it is, is equally as credible because it got Chrom being a Roy-Clone instead of a Marth or Ike clone.

The circumstances about this thing are just wholly unbelievable, and OP didn't try to make it believable by providing ANY evidence, he just said "Here's what's on the demo, believe it or not, I don't gotta provide ****"
i disagree.

if the leak said isaac and waddle dee there'd be waaaay more people saying this leak is amazing for guessing richter and all the other things going for it and that its probably true.

sorry im not trying to come off argumentative its just that real or fake, the leak is being met with hostility and if people were honest about why they dont want to look into it, its because its guessing at gothitelle which sounds insane on the surface.

but it actually makes total sense if sakurai is trying to represent each gen and choose gardevoir for gen 3 and then an easy echo of her from gen 5.

its fine to not want the leak, its fine to decide for yourself you think its fake, but i think its insane to say the ONE leak that guessed richter AND has several other reasons to be believed going for it, isnt credible and shouldnt be given the time of day cause the only thing it did was guess richter. at that point what makes a leak worth looking at then?

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Once again this is a prediction roster, not a wanted roster.

I'll give you the full translation:

Our readers' predictions for new participating fighters

In our July survey response form, (excluding Inkling) we had readers write down their predictions for new fighters... and the results are placed in order of most predicted in the chart on the right! Bandana Waddle Dee, who has in recent years fought along side Kirby, and Rex, are at about the same amount of votes. Waddle Dee's share was outstanding. Springman's game is also a fighting game, so he seems suited for Smash Bros. Mimikyu and Jibanyan, if they showed up they would show up interesting skills.

1. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby Series)
2. Rex (Xenoblade 2)
3. Springman (ARMS)
4. Mimikyu (Pocket Monster Series)
5. Jibanyan (Youkai Watch Series)

Also Magalor, Marx (Kirby series), Decidueye, Incineroar (Pocket Monster series), came after Daisy. Captain Toad (he can't jump you know!?), Fire Emblem new protagonist, Goemon, and Kunio-kun also received several votes.

Those who predicted Ridley and Daisy, correct answer! Well, no one predicted Ridley... No matter how many times we look at him he has the presence of a stage gimmick.

----

And that's all, aside from the labels.
Ribbon Girl could easily be his echo fighter, hehh.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Like, literally 'all' it got right was Richter, since K.Rool and Dark Samus were easy picks after E3.

Otherwise, a guy just happened to steal a Ultimate game card, dump it at home, and then provide 0 evidence to back up his claims.

I'm more than okay with Gardevoir, but I buy this about as much as I buy the Neogaf leak that got Roy = Chrom right, which is to say not at all.
Yeah, I dunno. I only fully believe Vergeben and only partly believe the other more popular ones (or not at all)

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

That's the thing too... I'm 90% positive it wasn't a game card demo and it was installed software, like most of the demos. The fact that he could have provided proof about a bunch of things and didn't just makes it worse and worse. These "I got the demo build!!!" leaks pop everywhere, people are just giving them the time of the day because it guessed Ritcher, otherwise it's just as unbelieavble as ever.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
i disagree.

if the leak said isaac and waddle dee there'd be waaaay more people saying this leak is amazing for guessing richter and all the other things going for it and that its probably true.

sorry im not trying to come off argumentative its just that real or fake, the leak is being met with hostility and if people were honest about why they dont want to look into it, its because its guessing at gothitelle which sounds insane on the surface.

but it actually makes total sense if sakurai is trying to represent each gen and choose gardevoir for gen 3 and then an easy echo of her from gen 5.

its fine to not want the leak, its fine to decide for yourself you think its fake, but i think its insane to say the ONE leak that guessed richter AND has several other reasons to be believed going for it, isnt credible and shouldnt be given the time of day cause the only thing it did was guess richter. at that point what makes a leak worth looking at then?
Dude.... I was actually excited about Gardevoir and Gothielle. It is an idea that in theory, makes sense, in that the first is pretty popular, together they add something to the Pokemon roster as a whole, and they also play as light/dark opposites...

but no, if you think theres no evidence against it, I refer you to my prior two posts

1- Pokemon dont represent Generations
2- The "leak" isnt even sensible. It disproves itself twice, even if you ignore the near impossibility he got the demo

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have a question. Would picking the Battlefield version of Battlefield (if possible) be simple trolling to you all? I'll take any answer.

Shroob

Sup?
i disagree.

Besides K.Rool and Dark Samus, which:

A: Every fake leak had K.Rool on it at the time and

B: Dark Samus was heavily rumored to be in due to the lack of Samus' dark alt and her AT being MIA

What exactly does it have right?

We're believing that some random anonymous user on 4chan not only stole a demo cart of Smash U without anyone noticing, but he was also able to dump the contents and figure out what was on them, and not just that, but also provide ZERO evidence.

If you give this leak THIS much credit because it called Richter, then you by proxy have to give credit to the Neogaf leak as well since it called Roy = Chrom, there's no two sides to this. Just because a leak gets 'one' thing right doesn't make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom