• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This should be obvious.

But maybe we shouldn't talk about pictures of characters in bondage gear.

Please stop.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
When Chrom takes an up-B from a character who has a similar body build to him and was also a viable cloning base for him to begin with? That isn't equivalent to cloning a character off of someone with a different body build. Sure Sakurai bothering to make a Gothielle Echo is highly questionable, but in the scenario that Gardevoir is playable it is at least mechanically feasible, whereas a Zoroark Echo of Lucario is not.
I'd argue Gothitelle isn't a 1:1 to Gardevoir either. Gardevoir's dress is much more flowy, and I suppose that could just be an animation difference, but I could see Zorark just using the same build and slight different animations.

Anyway I'm not expecting Zoroark as an echo, just saying it made more sense as a Pokemon newcomer to represent gen 5 than Gothitelle. Not that Sakurai's main concern with Pokemon is what gen gets represented. Nor would Gothitelle make people happy. There's zero reason to add it.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Could you post a link please? I dont understand what he called- content that has already been announced? Or was his datamining a post from before the reveal.
RichterLeak.jpg

heres the leak.

i made some videos on it on my youtube channel (channels name is the same name as my username here "papagenos") if you care to hear an analysis of it.

im thinking its real though many seem not to be on board...sadly i think people arent believing it because they dont care for who its predicting (gothitelle mostly) and not that it isnt an amazing leak that guessed the unguessable richter, also guessed k rool and dark samus AND didnt get deconfirmed by anything in the direct when it had the very REAL chance of getting debunked if gardevoir was shown as a pokeball pokemon OR if dark samus was shown as an assist trophy.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Also... it doesnt matter if the body can work for her.
We dont really know what makes an Echo character an echo versus an alt. If she has the same moveset entirely with maybe slightly different run speed to compensate for being smaller....

Why the hell would she have to be the same body shape as villager? That was never stated as necessity.
Doesn't Chrom have a different body shape than Roy? I mean, I know Ike is bigger than Roy and a lot of us were thinking Chrom would be an echo of Ike, possibly because of his size. So if he's bigger than Roy, and I may be wrong about this, but if he is, then that proves that size doesn't really matter with echoes

Can someone tell me if the moon is listed as an assist trophy on the website? Thanks.
It is https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/item/assistfigure.html

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Now that the proper Classic Mode from 64/Melee/Brawl is back, I think the chances of a traditional Target Test are higher.

But since we’re at 70+ characters now I don’t expect 64/Melee style to return, Brawl style is more likely which I’ll gladly accept.
Honestly, I'd settle for Masterpeices returning to the game, except fewer of them, and some of them get unlocked with Amiibo, and Smash 64 being one of the base ones included with online gameplay enabled and no time limit. (Exclusive to Smash Ultimate until N64 titles show up as Nintendo selects)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Doesn't Chrom have a different body shape than Roy? I mean, I know Ike is bigger than Roy and a lot of us were thinking Chrom would be an echo of Ike, possibly because of his size. So if he's bigger than Roy, and I may be wrong about this, but if he is, then that proves that size doesn't really matter with echoes
They were next to each other on the smash direct, and they were relatively similar in terms of body shape and height, with Chrom being slightly taller iirc.

A massive leak that lasted a couple hours, more leak debate, and shipping.
I'm going to throw down the gauntlet real quick and say Richter x Lucina is OTP.

Moving along...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd argue Gothitelle isn't a 1:1 to Gardevoir either. Gardevoir's dress is much more flowy, and I suppose that could just be an animation difference, but I could see Zorark just using the same build and slight different animations.

Anyway I'm not expecting Zoroark as an echo, just saying it made more sense as a Pokemon newcomer to represent gen 5 than Gothitelle. Not that Sakurai's main concern with Pokemon is what gen gets represented. Nor would Gothitelle make people happy. There's zero reason to add it.
Well, he does want to represent all the generations. But unlike most of the fans, he doesnt see "the generation of creation for a Pokemon" as the identity of the generation entirely. In other words, just because a lot of the Pokemon are from gen 1, theyre not all gen 1 Pokemon. The starters, for example, are available in all but one of the current 7 generations. Hell, Kanto is playable in four generations.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m sorry but, no, size is not a problem when it comes to making Isabelle an echo.

Exhibits A and B:
51F8994E-85A3-4810-9E75-6A8FA506AC49.jpeg

6DBD7A4B-2D8F-4842-A0BC-596CFC849388.png

Oh look! They’re like the same size!

Isabelle could be unique, yes. That doesn’t mean she HAS to be. Her model could easily be made to function similar to Villager because she’s already been made in a similar shape and size.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
View attachment 157649

heres the leak.

i made some videos on it on my youtube channel (channels name is the same name as my username here "papagenos") if you care to hear an analysis of it.

im thinking its real though many seem not to be on board...sadly i think people arent believing it because they dont care for who its predicting (gothitelle mostly) and not that it isnt an amazing leak that guessed the unguessable richter, also guessed k rool and dark samus AND didnt get deconfirmed by anything in the direct when it had the very REAL chance of getting debunked if gardevoir was shown as a pokeball pokemon OR if dark samus was shown as an assist trophy.
Most people aren't on board because of this needing literally a miracle to be true. To think that Nintendo would let CEO staff set up Smash Bros demos unsupervised is just completely hard to believe. Aside from him having to be able to get the actual files and then datamine them without literally nobody else confirming this. It's just really unbelieavble. And Richter isn't that much of a hard guess honestly. He's the protag on what's considered the best classic Castlevania AND heavily featured on the Castlevania everyone on the world played. The fact that he doesn't say Simon AND Richter is much more telling.

Let's remember when a guy just alledgely tried to get their hands on the Breath of the Wild demo data and literally every big outlet knew about it and made pieces. This would be as big news as that.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Poor Corrin will always be at the end of All-Star mode if it's arranged by timeline again, unless we get an Alolan 'mon.
But Smash Wii U's All-Star began with the most recent characters, so it actually ended with Mr. Game & Watch and began with Corrin.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Poor Corrin will always be at the end of All-Star mode if it's arranged by timeline again, unless we get an Alolan 'mon.
I'm sure this time it'll be the order they entered Smash Bros, there's way too much of a focus on that for it to not be it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m sorry but, no, size is not a problem when it comes to making Isabelle an echo.

Exhibits A and B:
View attachment 157653
View attachment 157654

Isabelle could be unique, yes. That doesn’t mean she HAS to be. Her model could easily be made to function similar to Villager because she’s already been made in a similar shape and size.
Real talk.
Iv'e never played an Animal Crossing game.
I don't know why Isabelle is so popular.
I want her in because I want to kill Ridley with a lil' secretary pupper.

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 157649

heres the leak.

No one's arguing against it because "It says things people don't like"

It's being argued against because someone just happened to dump the Demo without anyone else noticing, read the contents of said dump and provide 0 evidence.

The ONLY reason people give this leak any time of day is because it got Richter right, and if we're saying that leaks have to be real because they're guessing things that 'no one' else has said, then the Neogaf leak, despite how wonky and weird it is, is equally as credible because it got Chrom being a Roy-Clone instead of a Marth or Ike clone.

The circumstances about this thing are just wholly unbelievable, and OP didn't try to make it believable by providing ANY evidence, he just said "Here's what's on the demo, believe it or not, I don't gotta provide ****"

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
They were next to each other on the smash direct, and they were relatively similar in terms of body shape and height, with Chrom being slightly taller iirc.

I'm going to throw down the gauntlet real quick and say Richter x Lucina is OTP.

Moving along...
So that proves that it doesn't have to be a 1:1 ratio, just like Villager and Isabelle, since they're not a 1:1 ratio

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I mean... metronome is about random effects. I really liked my idea that she would just take a different special attack from any other character. Virtually unusable in battle, which makes sense on the baby theme. I really want an echo of it now...

And Speaking of Pokemon Echoes: I really, REALLY want Mew in as a clone of Mewtwo. Just give it a bubble and BAM, it is a good size.
I just realized togepi's primary attacks are rollout, teleport, metronome, and extrasensory, but can you imagine if togepi teleported like Mewtwo, Rollout'd like Jiggly, and metronome abilities like Kirby? oh, and Extrasensory or rest for Togepi's B down.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
View attachment 157649

heres the leak.

THAT is what we are all debating!? Seriously?!?!?!?!?!?

That is ludicrous. It doesnt even make sense.
Completely sidestepping the almost impossibility of anyone having taken home a copy of the demo (and then POSTING about it), he says that Gardevoir is listed among other Echo fighters, because she has an echo fighter.

I know SATs are not given analogies anymore, but if we were to assume that information is true:
Gardevoir : Gothielle :: Marth : Lucina :: Pit : Dark Pit

In other words, Gardevoir would be congruent to Marth and Pit, NOT to the other echo fighters.

I really wish someone had posted that earlier. Its a waste of time from a purely linguistic slip giving away any falsehood.

And then, to top it off, the poster states that Simon is not in the game- and that Richter is IN HIS STEAD. Well, both made it. So That leak was disproven already. (I did not start with this point because it could have been an issue in translation from another language. But between this and the point above, it isnt even a possibility he is telling the truth).

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
View attachment 157649

heres the leak.

Many were predicting King k Rool and Dark Samus after E3. If he predicted Simon with a Richter echo I would have been on board, but he completely ignores Simon. Despite the echoes being grouped with their characters apparently.

I don't see it happening. Unfortunately we'll have to wait like a month for anything to change :/

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well of course you'd be saying that.

If you thought this was Isaac you're dead ****ing wrong. That's Matthew.
Good thing I remember what Issac looked like in Brawl...though Matthew doesn’t look so bad

Exhibits A and B:
View attachment 157653
View attachment 157654

Isabelle using an axe on accident would be beautiful

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
View attachment 157649

heres the leak.

If Gardevoir and Gothille are really in the game, that would mean there is a Pokemon for every generation (if an alolan is added as well or as DLC). So this isn't as crazy as it sounds.

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
It’s a joke calm down Isabelle is too innocent. Blame the sicko who made it not me
I blame society, hey guess what we're all members of... each of us has in some way neglected to fix the problem or neglected to obstain from feeding the internet.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Many were predicting King k Rool and Dark Samus after E3. If he predicted Simon with a Richter echo I would have been on board, but he completely ignores Simon. Despite the echoes being grouped with their characters apparently.

I don't see it happening. Unfortunately we'll have to wait like a month for anything to change :/
It could've been that Richter was the original character and Simon was modeled off of Richter. After all, Sakurai said in the direct that Simon uses a lot of Richter's moves in the game, and that it's hard to say which one is really the echo. With that said, maybe Simon wasn't made when this guy leaked this and Richter was the only one made for Castlevania at the time

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Seriously though, what is this Gardevoir leak? Google is not helping.

Also, a developer is normally who owns a character, yes?
Frogger is developed by Konami, owned by Sega. Id argue is one of the most iconic video game characters to non-gamers (non contemporary). Konami missed out here.
Your looking for this

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/

Look at the date look at all the characters in the leak

You see one in particual that no one guessed at all that's playable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom