• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Has anyone considered Togepi as an echo of Pichu?
Im not sure how the animations would all be changed, but the joke character idea would be the same.
Or it could be the same moveset, except specials. The specials are random- each match, its a completely random set of special moves chosen from all other characters' options.
I didn't realize that Togepi was an Electric type.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Has anyone considered Togepi as an echo of Pichu?
Im not sure how the animations would all be changed, but the joke character idea would be the same.
Or it could be the same moveset, except specials. The specials are random- each match, its a completely random set of special moves chosen from all other characters' options.
I would rather have Togepi have different effects.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Now that the proper Classic Mode from 64/Melee/Brawl is back, I think the chances of a traditional Target Test are higher.

But since we’re at 70+ characters now I don’t expect 64/Melee style to return, Brawl style is more likely which I’ll gladly accept.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Why? Because everyone else is saying she's gonna be an echo? Just because everyone else is saying it doesn't mean it's not true
Not at all. Everyone and their grandma is saying Geno and Shadow is gonna show up and I fully agree.

But the idea of Isabelle's body being rearranged to match this...

I dunno, man...

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Think of if Lusamine somehow got in as a boss. How would you feel? It could make for good Gen 7 rep.

I this is most likely not happening, so you don't have to remind me of all people.

Shroob

Sup?
Not at all. Everyone and their grandma is saying Geno and Shadow is gonna show up and I fully agree.

I dunno, man...
Isabelle_AF.png

I don't see the problem, really.

......Also why the **** is one of the images you get when you search "Isabelle Animal Crossing" her in bondage gear...google please.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I honestly have a bad feeling Isabelle is going to become an Assist Trophy in the next direct to feature Assist Trophies. I don't really care what role she gets though, so I honestly can't say I will break down if she was deconfirmed.

A playable Isabelle would be nice, but I don't see much of a reason to care. Somebody will probably try to convince me otherwise, but eh.
I too feel that Isabelle will be an Assist Trophy again, especially considering what happened to Ashley.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Think of if Lusamine somehow got in as a boss. How would you feel? It could make for good Gen 7 rep.

I this is most likely not happening, so you don't have to remind me of all people
I think it'd be radical! Who doesn't wanna fight a giant jellyfish alien monster fused with a psychotic woman?
After that all i'd need is for Incineroar to get in and I could recreate her battle in Sun and Moon.

Last edited:

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I missed the shipping part. How did that end?

I think Zero Suit Samus needs to get with King K Rool.
Did I do it right?
One of the mods had to shut it down. It was quite impressive how quickly he got the conversation to change. I’m new here so I was a bit scared

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
And last week Chrom having a different recovery than Roy wouldn't have been feasible. Sakurai making Zoroark an echo is more likely than Gothitelle being playable.

But sure, Gothitelle is going to be a playable character based on a leak with lots of holes in it. (Or should I say, a leaky leak).
When Chrom takes an up-B from a character who has a similar body build to him and was also a viable cloning base for him to begin with? That isn't equivalent to cloning a character off of someone with a different body build. Sure Sakurai bothering to make a Gothielle Echo is highly questionable, but in the scenario that Gardevoir is playable it is at least mechanically feasible, whereas a Zoroark Echo of Lucario is not.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think it'd be radical! Who doesn't wanna fight a giant jellyfish alien monster fused with a psychotic woman?
After that all i'd need is for Incineroar to get in and I could recreate her battle in Sun and Moon.
Or maybe even Giovanni, to throwback to Gen 1 or Team Rainbow Rocket from Gen 7!

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I would rather have Togepi have different effects.
If Togepi was a playable character, I'd want it to have Metronome as it's B neutral, like Mr. G&W's Judge attack. Teleport would be it's up recovery attack, and B side would be extrasensory, while B+down would be random stage effects. but, I think rollout would work as a B neutral attack, hehh. a semi clone of Jigglypuff that's heavier and only has two jumps. Maybe Togepi could even use Grasswhistle, omg, since Togepi can be born with metronome we can give Togepi any attack we want!

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
The gaming crowd and the fetish crowd have a lot of overlap. Trust me.
And google treats them as if the two desires are related... No, not entirely related, estupidos. The ads also act as if you're a pedo just because you go to serebii.net even more so when you visit Pokémon.com I guess we know what TCPi employees are looking at on their breaks now!

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I can't even believe we live in a world where Smash has seventy-three freaking fighters. Seventy. Three.

And in this same world, Daisy, Simon Belmont, Ridley, and King K. Rool are there. Truly, this is the best timeline.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I found the Isabelle image and i can’t stop laughing. She has this shocked expression on her face like she doesn’t know what she’s holding in her hand omg

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I dunno, man...
Well, I dunno. Maybe, maybe not. Sakurai can do whatever he wants if he tries hard enough. If he wants her in the game as an echo, he'll find a way. But we've already beaten this dead horse. Half of the people think the body shape can work for her, and the other half don't.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't even believe we live in a world where Smash has seventy-three freaking fighters. Seventy. Three.

And in this same world, Daisy, Simon Belmont, Ridley, and King K. Rool are there. Truly, this is the best timeline.
No.
It is not the best timeline until Mr. Mosquito gets in.
Ridley? Trash.
K Rool? Trash.
Mr. Mosquito? Top Tier.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If Togepi was a playable character, I'd want it to have Metronome as it's B neutral, like Mr. G&W's Judge attack. Teleport would be it's up recovery attack, and B side would be extrasensory, while B+down would be random stage effects. but, I think rollout would work as a B neutral attack, hehh. a semi clone of Jigglypuff that's heavier and only has two jumps. Maybe Togepi could even use Grasswhistle, omg, since Togepi can be born with metronome we can give Togepi any attack we want!
I mean... metronome is about random effects. I really liked my idea that she would just take a different special attack from any other character. Virtually unusable in battle, which makes sense on the baby theme. I really want an echo of it now...

And Speaking of Pokemon Echoes: I really, REALLY want Mew in as a clone of Mewtwo. Just give it a bubble and BAM, it is a good size.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I know the list, it is:

1. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Rex
3. Spring Man
4. Mimikyu
5. Jibanyan

I just wanted to know all the details.
I can't translate everything for you because my japanese is not all that much, but basically they did an poll on July and they say that Bandana Dee got overwhelming support, with Rex from XC2 very close. Then below there's a list of runner-ups that goes like this:

Magolor, Marx (Kirby), Decidueye, Incieroar (Pokémon), followed by Daisy (I'm not sure why she's here?). There were also votes for Captain Toad, the new protag from Fire Emblem (probably Three Houses lol), Goemon and Kuniokun (River City Ransom guys that are actually an entire series)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Or maybe even Giovanni, to throwback to Gen 1 or Team Rainbow Rocket from Gen 7!
Even better, simply have Ghetsis so everyone can beat him to their heart's content.

I dunno, man...
To be fair, it's not as farfetched as, say, having Tiny be an echo of Dixie (moveset-wise, yes, height-wise, ooh boy).

and Kuniokun (River City Ransom guys that are actually an entire series)
These folks get it.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, I dunno. Maybe, maybe not. Sakurai can do whatever he wants if he tries hard enough. If he wants her in the game as an echo, he'll find a way. But we've already beaten this dead horse. Half of the people think the body shape can work for her, and the other half don't.
Also... it doesnt matter if the body can work for her.
We dont really know what makes an Echo character an echo versus an alt. If she has the same moveset entirely with maybe slightly different run speed to compensate for being smaller....

Why the hell would she have to be the same body shape as villager? That was never stated as necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom